PDA

View Full Version : Tampa Tuesday 4/1/08

Rudeboyelvis
03-31-2008, 08:21 PM
Two Maiden 8k's and a dated nickel to start off Tuesday's festivities :rolleyes: ...nothing like stepping it up a few notches for our out of town guests!

Race 1
5 Full of Fire
6 Montalcino
1 Capture the Beauty
10 Looks Like Lightning

Race 2
10 King Palance
7 Jones Echo
3 Carlomagno
9 Lucky Dragon

Race 3
1 Intern
5 Savannah's Wish
10 Lookatme Afleet
4 Waving Monarch

Race 4
5 Singing Steel
2 Roundtripper
1 Spectacular Crisis
8 Brassy Prince

Race 5
4 Sir George
7 Expectations
1 Arctiz
2 Dixieland Drummer

Race 6
8 My Privledge
2 Volcanic Force
7 Fizzy Pop
5 De Roode

Race 7
5 KnS
9 Brave Mizz tough post; needs a clean trip and may very well not get it
1 Luna Sombra
6 Personality Girl

Race 8
8 Crafty Grey
5 Sister Nan
6 Untouched
2 Chubby

Race 9
5 Spy Story
1 Man Made
6 Touchdown Peyton
8 Mining for Silver

Race 10
3 March Trend
1 Name that Song
12 Proud Escapade
7 Beat your Bluff

Good Luck All and especially Dee Tee - Let's get your gal home!!

Scav
03-31-2008, 09:02 PM
Rude, here is a horse for you, you can be part of the club now. You are out of your mind for not including #10 Ring the Register in the 6th race. he is the fastest horse in the race. Absolutely a must include with his speed from the outside. He is going to get a great trip, even from way out there. Only speed I see is the 4....

Obviously the Ness horse is an include also, no clue who will show up there. I hope that he doesn't win the race for Dee Tee, like the fourth time the DT jock will win the race before theirs

tiggerv
04-01-2008, 12:28 AM
Race 7
A) 9 Brave Mizz - Class dropper coming in off brief freshening, deserving favorite
B) 5 KnS - Everybody's favorite girl, should get a nice trip and nice check. Good luck everyone.
B) 7 Privacy - Big effort last out in a troubled trip, expect a bit of a bounce, already beaten by KnS

Race 8
A) 5 Sister Nan - Should improve moving back to route and be closer to pace
A) 2 Chubby - First ever route but has pedigree to stretch out nicely, should be near the front
A) 8 Crafty Grey - Moves back to dirt and won 4 back at suface/distance

Race 9
A) 8 Mining for Silver - Best horse in field only question is the distance which may be too far for this one
A) 5 Spy Story - Slight drop in class and red hot trainer, should get distance
A) 1 Man Made - Wheeling back in 9 days off nice win, in form but heavily raced the last 45 days
A) 9 Green Lemon - Back class at a price and only horse in field to not only race but win at distance
B) 2 Thetrical Talent - Look at that pedigree. Why hasn't this horse routed on turf before? Should get easy lead, how far will he run?

Race 10
A) 1 Name That Song - Could single this horse considering who claimed him. In fact I may do just that.
A) 3 March Trend - Finished 3rd last out behind 2 next out winners including stakes winner Repenting
B) 12 Proud Escapade - Comes out of same race as 3 but finished behind with ground saving trip. MLO low because of Centeno
B) 9 Pepo The Cepo - Closed from deep last out for place. Up a class but could figure with a better start
B) 7 Beat Your Bluff - First time starter with trainer and pedigree to take seriously

Will update with tickets after scratches.

GL

docicu3
04-01-2008, 05:13 AM
Race 7

9 Brave Mizz AA
7 Privacy AB
8 Elegant Kitten AA
1 Luna Sombra AA
5 K and S AB

Race 8

8 Crafty Grey AA
2 Chubby AA
5 Sister Nan AB
6 Untouched AB

1 Dig for Dinner BB (only if scratches above)

Race 9

9 Green Lemon AA
5 Spy Story AA
1 Man Made AB
4 Final Prophecy AA
8 Mining for Silver AA

Race 10

12 Proud Escape AA
1 Name that song AA
5 Babo AB
3 March Trend AA

7 Beat your Bluff AB

Will play all with (AA) on all tickets 4th and 5th (AB) selections on one ticket each

GL today folks...bring her home safe.

Bigsmc
04-01-2008, 06:33 AM
Rude, here is a horse for you, you can be part of the club now. You are out of your mind for not including #10 Ring the Register in the 6th race. he is the fastest horse in the race. Absolutely a must include with his speed from the outside. He is going to get a great trip, even from way out there. Only speed I see is the 4....

Obviously the Ness horse is an include also, no clue who will show up there. I hope that he doesn't win the race for Dee Tee, like the fourth time the DT jock will win the race before theirs

With the classic Ness 10pt move up off the claim, the 6 - Balsero is lock city.

The 10 is going to have to send or get taken out of his game from that far out in a 1m40yd race (and he's not Big Brown).

docicu3
04-01-2008, 07:11 AM

The 10 is going to have to send or get taken out of his game from that far out in a 1m40yd race (and he's not Big Brown).

Couldn't agree more on this one. No race or work at Tampa makes for a rough rough first race.there! Didn't a Derby hopeful try this and expecting different results!! The very definition of insanity!!

Rudeboyelvis
04-01-2008, 07:22 AM

Kinda crazy leaving Ness off - I agree, even though the horse doesn't stack up here he's 42% first clm...The 10 fits on paper, but is going to need to go early to clear this bunch and although there isn't a ton of pace, he is going to use a bunch of horse to do so. Both will take the lion's share of the action and both are vunerable This is Tampa after all and the bombs have been dropping with regularity here lately...

My thought is that it's a two horse race between the 2 and 8, with the 7 Fizzy Pop a long price but makes some sense with 2 impressive works off the claim and My boy Bernell no slouch at 32% off the claim as well - horse is 3 for 9 at Tampa as well
5 DeRoode - toss the Calder start and he fits - 5K starters @ Tampa typically run close to 16K clm par and he hasn't embarassed himself there, and has similar back class to the 10

I may wind up including the 6, depending on scratches

herkhorse
04-01-2008, 07:30 AM
5th: 1-2-4
6th: 6-7-10
7th: 5-9-2 straight tri
8th: 5-6-8-1
9th: 5-8-9
10th: 3-5-12

good luck kns come home safe

anyone in Tampa, have a great day!

Bigsmc
04-01-2008, 08:47 AM
Pick 4

Race 7:

9 - Brave Mizz
5 - KnS

Race 8:

2 - Chubby - Was drawing off when she dumped her jock.
8 - Crafty Grey
5 - Sister Nan
6 - Untouched

Race 9:

1 - Man Made - Wire to wire
5 - Spy Story
8 - Mining for Silver
9 - Green Lemon
6 - TD Peyton

Race 10:

1 - Name That Song
4 - Hungarian Gent
3 - March Trend
7 - Beat Your Bluff
12 - Proud Escapade - The ultimate jock switch.

Small Ticket:

5,9/2,5,8/5,8/1,3,4,7 = $48

Big Ticket:

5,9/2,5,6,8/1,5,6,8,9/1,3,4,7,12 = $200

GL

Scav
04-01-2008, 08:51 AM

Problem is with that horse is while I 100% agree with you on Ness(even I can't argue that he is the nuts) I just don't think this horse wants to route, if I recall correctly, his routes are pretty bad....

Bigsmc
04-01-2008, 08:56 AM
Problem is with that horse is while I 100% agree with you on Ness(even I can't argue that he is the nuts) I just don't think this horse wants to route, if I recall correctly, his routes are pretty bad....

You are correct, BUT he was with a crappier trainer/chemist, running against tougher at CRC. 8 1 1 1 lifetime at the distance according to DRF.

2 Dollar Bill
04-01-2008, 09:54 AM
Taking a quick peak @ the pp's listed in the other KNS room, am I crazy to think the 4 in race # 7 could make it in exacta/ triple ? Looks like some strong works for this race , and third start after maiden score. Im sure the Tampa boys can give me a better imput. Good Luck to Team Simon & KNS and I hope to see my first picture as a owner !

2 Dollar Bill
04-01-2008, 04:29 PM
7th: 5-9-2 straight tri

good luck kns come home safe

anyone in Tampa, have a great day!

Thanks for the Exacta... Used it as a ""saver"" and boxed the three after playing them in the tri !! Not many times you get a 30-1 on top for a saver.
Nice cappin!

Bigsmc
04-01-2008, 05:15 PM
Hungarian Gent

herkhorse
04-01-2008, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the Exacta... Used it as a ""saver"" and boxed the three after playing them in the tri !! Not many times you get a 30-1 on top for a saver.
Nice cappin!
Thanks, worked out OK for me too, wish KNS had sweetened the deal:(

tiggerv
04-01-2008, 06:51 PM
Hungarian Gent

Nice job Bigs. I had the wrong FTS in the finale. Ended a disaster of a day for me at the windows.

Rudeboyelvis
04-01-2008, 06:59 PM
Hungarian Gent

Hello Day saving late DD. Shame we couldn't come up with the 2 on the turf back class in the first leg..maiden tries but still and all fit as much as the 1 did at 8-1....a little deeper and some o' that HG love in the last = 90K P4 :o

Great Day at the Downs - disappointed that KnS didn't show better...thanks and safe travels to everyone who came out!

Rudeboyelvis
04-01-2008, 07:06 PM
My thought is that it's a two horse race between the 2 and 8, with the 7 Fizzy Pop a long price but makes some sense with 2 impressive works off the claim and My boy Bernell no slouch at 32% off the claim as well - horse is 3 for 9 at Tampa as well
5 DeRoode - toss the Calder start and he fits - 5K starters @ Tampa typically run close to 16K clm par and he hasn't embarassed himself there, and has similar back class to the 10

I may wind up including the 6, depending on scratches
Too bad my money wasn't where my mouth was...the 2 was a gate scratch 5-8-7 tri paid 812.00 :(

rgustafson
04-01-2008, 07:23 PM
Hello Day saving late DD. Shame we couldn't come up with the 2 on the turf back class in the first leg..maiden tries but still and all fit as much as the 1 did at 8-1....a little deeper and some o' that HG love in the last = 90K P4 :o

Great Day at the Downs - disappointed that KnS didn't show better...thanks and safe travels to everyone who came out!

As is often the case at smaller tracks, the 90 k pick 4 was a mythical payoff. One ticket took the pool down for half that amount.

MISTERGEE
04-01-2008, 11:25 PM
didnt you also have the 9th super picked exactly for over $800 for 2 bucks, way to go