Sun Classique
Oracle West

World Cup
Curlin
Happy Boy
Asiatic Boy

brockguy
03-28-2008, 07:45 PM
Good Luck Hoff tomorrow.. Im literally running into knots looking at the 2 turf races, finding negatives for most if not all the runners... I do really fancy Oracle West in the Sheema though..

Mike
03-28-2008, 08:23 PM
Godolphin Mile: Diamond Stripes

UAE Derby:Massive Drama

Golden Shaheen: Benny The Bull

Duty Free: Notional

Sheema Classic: Spring House

World Cup: Curlin

Hickory Hill Hoff
03-28-2008, 08:59 PM
Good Luck Hoff tomorrow.. Im literally running into knots looking at the 2 turf races, finding negatives for most if not all the runners... I do really fancy Oracle West in the Sheema though..

Good luck too, Brock :) ...those turf races are tough, that's why I went with a longshot in one.

AeWingnut
03-28-2008, 10:06 PM
I went to the racing post and printed off their comments but I don't believe their numbers are as good as timeform numbers. Don't feel like spending money on stuff that doesn't give pace figures or positioning in the PPs

The Bid
03-28-2008, 10:27 PM
Massive Drama cant run that far

jcs11204
03-29-2008, 12:34 AM
Massive Drama cant run that far

he can, he just could not run far on that crap in cali, im expecting at least a 1-2 finish for him, and then onto the derby for romans.

also everyone is picking curlin ? why so bold ? is 1-5 value today ? i have always liked him, and its nothing against the horse, but i think this is the best group he has ever faced and i do not think he wins tomorrow.

my miss storm cat
03-29-2008, 12:37 AM
he can, he just could not run far on that crap in cali, im expecting at least a 1-2 finish for him, and then onto the derby for romans.

also everyone is picking curlin ? why so bold ? is 1-5 value today ? i have always liked him, and its nothing against the horse, but i think this is the best group he has ever faced and i do not think he wins tomorrow.
I was just saying that to someone (from here) on the phone..... I mean as one of the reasons why he won't win tomorrow.....

This is hard and i hate leaving out Darjina, Vodka and Gravitas but...

Godolphin Mile
Rosberg
Green Coast
Blackat Blackitten

UAE Derby
My Indy
Cocoa Beach
Royal Vintage

Golden Shaheen
Mutamarres
Drift Ice
Diabolical

Duty Free
Floral Pegasus
Linngari
Bullish Luck

Sheema Classic
Viva Pataca
Oracle West
West Wind

World Cup
Lucky Find :eek:
Jalil
AP Arrow

Subject to change. :D

cal828
03-29-2008, 12:46 AM
Dubai World Cup:

12. Curlin
6. Premium Tap
7. Vermillion
8. Jalil

hockey2315
03-29-2008, 01:10 AM

Who do you honestly think is better than Curlin?

letswastemoney
03-29-2008, 01:31 AM
great hunter is a lock ;)

jcs11204
03-29-2008, 02:40 AM

listen its not if i think a horse has simply more talent, thats not what this is about..... its the fact that this is a super deep group, ppl on here have agreed with me on that, and curlin is a tad over hyped at this point..... his comeback was nice, great actually but who did he beat ??? honestly we dont really have any clue how good Jalil is or could be, and if Premium Tap ever found some back form, he is as good or better then Curlin, I also like the tiznow horse a lot Well Armed, i think he is sitting on a giant race, and then there is Asiatic Boy, like i said very very deep group he faces in about 10 hours from now, and if he wins, i will give him all the respect in the world as the best horse in the world right now, but i dont think he wins this race. and to be honest with you i might not even bet a dime on it because i think any of the 4 i mentioned could win as well as Vermillion, i might not bet a race on this entire card, i might just bet gulfstream.

brockguy
03-29-2008, 03:45 AM
Godolphin Mile,
should go to one of Elusive Warning, Blackat Blackitten or Diamond Stripes but the 2 Saudi horses are interesting - Don Renato and Zakocity. They could both run well at huge odds..

1. Elusive Warning 2. Blackat Blackitten 3. Zakocity

UAE Derby
Lots of thoughts here, everyone thinks the Godolphin trio are bound to imrove but they still have a fair but to reach the two South African horses. Numaany is interesting but he had the run of the race last time, received more weight from the 2 principals but still couldnt win.. Cocoa Beach could be flattered by her Oaks win.. Massive Drama could be the one, but I wouldnt be going overboard here.

1. Massive Drama 2. Honour Devil 3. Royal Vintage

Golden Shaheen
Diabolical, the ex American versus the Americans. The latter looked extremely good last time and I think he'll win.. I really dont know if I can back a horse named Barbecue Eddie!!

1. Diabolical 2. Benny The Bull 3. Idiot Proof

Duty Free

The 3 for me here are Creachadoir (will love the ground, trip just about right!), Floral Pegasus (top class form that ties in with Creachadoir) and Seachange (mare who will be able to get a superb position from her draw and may just last home). Ive big doubts about Literato as his form seemed to suggest he needs a bit of give, but he could be a superstar this year. Cant have Vodka here, not in great form, but she could lead them a merry dance. Darjina and Finsceal Beo are low enough in the betting for their reappearance. Both will love the ground, but I like my horse if theyve come from Europe to have had a prep here. Linngari is another, but has a horrible draw..

1. Creachadoir 2. Floral Pegasus 3. Seachange

Sheema Classic
Ive liked Oracle West but hes out to 28-1 on Betfair and struggling to find out why.. Cant have Youmzain at the price. Sure he's the worlds best turf horse on figures but always seems to find excuses not to win. Viva Pataca is the ideal type of winner but he is 5-2 here and will be looking for bigger odds. Doctor Dino could be good enough to overcome a difficult draw and if the pace is strong Youmzain will get into it, but so will Sushisan at massive odds with Ryan Moore. EDIT- just to note that as Sushisan has had a lighter campaign than last year to target this race, so has Quijano who did very well here last year and Im finding it difficult to leave him out, but will reluctantly.

1. Doctor Dino 2. Oracle West 3. Sushisan

Dubai World Cup

Curlin stands head and shoulders above rivals on form and if evryone races their race, he'll win easy. Trying to find the runner up is difficult as there as so many ifs and buts. AP Arrow is a big price. he's been in the frame in G1 races but is 40-1 here, higher than Kocab (who has won a minor race on the AW). AP Arrow and Vermilion (who has improved alot this year since 4th in this race to Invasor!).

1. Curlin 2. AP Arrow 3. Vermilion

SCUDSBROTHER
03-29-2008, 06:29 AM

I don't think it's about who is overall better,but it is about who is good at this track.Both Asciatic Boy and Jalil are very good at this track.Asciatic Boy was very wide,and didn't run poorly in that mile race.Those are 2 good milers that he was up against.Your guess is as good as mine with PLEASANT TAP.He seems better at 9f,but anybody that close to Invasor last year here has a chance.I don't want to really rely on S Madrid though.Both ASIATIC AND JALIL can finish races.They will make Curlin earn this.

ArlJim78
03-29-2008, 07:14 AM
I was just saying that to someone (from here) on the phone..... I mean as one of the reasons why he won't win tomorrow.....

This is hard and i hate leaving out Darjina, Vodka and Gravitas but...

[. :D
yeah and now you see what crowd you are in with!:D

I don't know how people can look at this race and not see Curlin as a big standout. people ask, who has he beat? I ask who in this race has beat horses of Curlins class on dirt? I think Vermilion and Premium Tap have some class about them, and on their best day would be competitive, I just don't know if today they will be their best. frankly the rest I see as pretenders as far as the win goes.

my miss storm cat
03-29-2008, 08:23 AM
yeah and now you see what crowd you are in with!:D

I don't know how people can look at this race and not see Curlin as a big standout. people ask, who has he beat? I ask who in this race has beat horses of Curlins class on dirt? I think Vermilion and Premium Tap have some class about them, and on their best day would be competitive, I just don't know if today they will be their best. frankly the rest I see as pretenders as far as the win goes.
I'll check on you after his loss.....:p

tiggerv
03-29-2008, 08:29 AM
Early Pick 3

2: 3,8,13,15
3: 2,8,9
4: 5,10,14

GPK
03-29-2008, 08:37 AM
Mile

Brave Tin Soldier for a price

CSC
03-29-2008, 09:10 AM
I like Royal Vintage in the UAE Derby to start the day for me.

Coach Pants
03-29-2008, 09:51 AM
Golden Shaheen (Is this A Tribe Called Quest song?)

Barbecue Eddie W/P

brockguy
03-29-2008, 09:53 AM
Golden Shaheen (Is this A Tribe Called Quest song?)

Barbecue Eddie W/P

ive never heard anyone say "awesome" as much in an interview as Barbecue Eddie's owner just there! Good Luck!!

CSC
03-29-2008, 09:54 AM
Can't take Benny The Bull at those odds.

Esperamos is stepping up and may improve. Try him on top.

Coach Pants
03-29-2008, 10:00 AM
ive never heard anyone say "awesome" as much in an interview as Barbecue Eddie's owner just there! Good Luck!!

Well that performance wasn't awesome. :D

brockguy
03-29-2008, 10:01 AM
Well that performance wasn't awesome. :D

still collects 100k for it!!! Awesome!!!

3kings
03-29-2008, 10:01 AM
[QUOTE=brockguy]ive never heard anyone say "awesome" as much in an interview as Barbecue Eddie's owner just there! Good Luck!![/QUOT

That was a not so awesome 4th. If he gets third, I would have hit the tri, which would have been awesome.

Coach Pants
03-29-2008, 10:05 AM
[QUOTE=brockguy]ive never heard anyone say "awesome" as much in an interview as Barbecue Eddie's owner just there! Good Luck!![/QUOT

That was a not so awesome 4th. If he gets third, I would have hit the tri, which would have been awesome.
Pat Cummings touted the 3rd place runner on his blog.

TitanSooner
03-29-2008, 10:06 AM
this next race makes my dizzy

brockguy
03-29-2008, 10:07 AM
3rd objects to the 2nd..idiot hung left near the finish..or actually intimidation for most of the race! !

Coach Pants
03-29-2008, 10:09 AM
Notional is 3-1. WTF? I have to think that there are at least 5000 horses in training that are better than this horse at 9 panels. This rat couldn't win a downhill race at Santa Anita and now he's a co-favorite for a $5 million turf route?

Jesustapdancingchrist.

mclem10011
03-29-2008, 10:14 AM
Notional is 3-1. WTF? I have to think that there are at least 5000 horses in training that are better than this horse at 9 panels. This rat couldn't win a downhill race at Santa Anita and now he's a co-favorite for a $5 million turf route?

Jesustapdancingchrist.Well put Coach!:D

tiggerv
03-29-2008, 10:19 AM
Late Pick 3

R5: 3,5,9,10,11
R6: 2,5,12,15
R7: 12

TitanSooner
03-29-2008, 10:22 AM
I like the 3, Floral Pegasus a little bit.

Coach Pants
03-29-2008, 10:25 AM
Doodie Free
Admire Aura W/P
Small W/P on Niconero (Go Aussie!)

3kings
03-29-2008, 10:28 AM
Late P3 on the cheap.

3,9,12/10,15/12

tiggerv
03-29-2008, 11:02 AM
Did Notional even finish?

Coach Pants
03-29-2008, 11:05 AM
Notional was dfl

fpsoxfan
03-29-2008, 11:06 AM
Shiat!!!!!!!! I've got it the other way if Dargina hung on to 2nd.

tiggerv
03-29-2008, 11:06 AM
Notional was dfl

If you could bet on that, he would have been 1-5.

fpsoxfan
03-29-2008, 11:07 AM
It's barely Noon and I'm pissed already. Let's go Aqueduct.

Coach Pants
03-29-2008, 11:24 AM
Sheema Classic
Oracle West W/P

brockguy
03-29-2008, 11:27 AM
coach, i like oracle as well,, spring houses hopes?

tiggerv
03-29-2008, 11:29 AM
WP Youmzain

Suprised at his current odds. Hope he stays at 9-1.

Coach Pants
03-29-2008, 12:29 PM
World Cup
Premium Tap W/P

Who knows?

brockguy
03-29-2008, 12:40 PM
Boy that sure was some deep group. :rolleyes:

he'll probably do that do every field he faces...

Coach Pants
03-29-2008, 12:42 PM
Probably the best field ever assembled.

ArlJim78
03-29-2008, 01:28 PM
other than his WC prep race, he probably hasn't faced a field that weak since the arkansas derby.