PDA

View Full Version : Super High Five at CD

ShadowRoll
03-25-2008, 07:33 AM
Looks like the Super High Five will be on the Derby menu this year. I play superfectas on occasion, but this seems too daunting. Wonder if they'll include that lottery-type gimmick in which the machine chooses for you? It'll be a little more enticing, then, with clueless money added to the pool.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/horse/news/story?id=3310327

jms62
03-25-2008, 11:02 AM
They wouldn't be stupid enough to run the Super Hi 5 on the Derby.. Or would they ???

Scav
03-25-2008, 11:03 AM
They wouldn't be stupid enough to run the Super Hi 5 on the Derby.. Or would they ???

Why would this be stupid? Could have a monster pool and a monster payout....

jms62
03-25-2008, 11:21 AM
"Part of the appeal of the wager is the carryover aspect, and so we want to give bettors an opportunity to chase a very big payout," Gates said.

On races in which the new wager is offered, the superfecta will not be offered, Gates said."

Scav
03-25-2008, 11:24 AM
"Part of the appeal of the wager is the carryover aspect, and so we want to give bettors an opportunity to chase a very big payout," Gates said.

On races in which the new wager is offered, the superfecta will not be offered, Gates said."

Ok, I see the point there, but people will just play the Hi Five instead....

jms62
03-25-2008, 11:37 AM
Scav, I couldn't disagree more. I think the sharp player who puts in a grand or so into the Super will not put that grand into this gimmick. I usually am invovled in a few Superfecta partnerships on derby day and we put in upwards of that amount. I certainly will not put it in the Super Hi Five, I will simply go deeper and/or play a bigger base and attack the tri. .

hockey2315
03-25-2008, 12:02 PM
I highly doubt there won't be a super available in the derby

jwkniska
03-25-2008, 12:13 PM
and how long of a line should I expect with this and a 10 cent super? Haven't been to the derby in 16 yrs and hope to add to my original bets if necessary (plan to do the majority for the day in the morning... before it turns into a total zoo).