PDA

View Full Version : Tampa Derby question

atolunch
03-15-2008, 08:31 PM
I'm not complaining..... but am I the only one who was VERY surprised that in a very much hyped, race, with a HUGE 1-9 fave, no where near the ticket and the $2 exacta pays $64.80, and a $1 tri pays just under $220????

The thing that really surprised me was the 4 horse race, I think at Oaklawn, where the exacta paid $220, because the two 8-5 horses ran each other out, and a 6-1 won with the 11-1 taking second, there was no tri in the race.

The TVG crews were actually laughing earlier, saying not if ,but by how much War Pass would win was the only question. Also saying if WP wasn't on the ticket, it would be a signer.

I really thought before the payoffs, that having the $1 tri and $5 exacta would bring back over a thousand, obviously, I was wrong.

Just wanted to see what you guys thought.

The Bid
03-15-2008, 08:40 PM
Gate Crew all went to the Doll House

AeWingnut
03-15-2008, 08:48 PM
I was really surprised that it wasn't a signer for the tri
heck the Super was under $1k and the show horse paid $76 for crying out loud

I think someone knew and loaded up
or the pools at Tampa are really small.
shouldn't be

I wonder if there wasn't some hanky panky going on

Cajungator26
03-15-2008, 09:22 PM
Gate Crew all went to the Doll House

That place is a shiathole.

Scav
03-15-2008, 09:31 PM

Any place called the Doll House is ok by me

Bigsmc
03-15-2008, 09:53 PM
Any place called the Doll House is ok by me

It's Thee Doll House.

Get it right.

GBBob
03-15-2008, 09:55 PM
It's Thee Doll House.

Get it right.

and they don't take singles..

so I've heard..cough

Scav
03-15-2008, 10:08 PM

How can a place that doesn't take singles be a shithole? Every strip club I have been in that didn't do the single thing was a real nice place, if you can consider a strip club a nice place.

The BEST strip club I have ever been to is Big Al's in Peoria, and DON'T KNOCK it until you have tried it. I have done the Vegas tour of strip clubs, the multiple Chicago places and Big Al's absolutely SMOKED them...

GBBob
03-15-2008, 10:14 PM
How can a place that doesn't take singles be a shithole? Every strip club I have been in that didn't do the single thing was a real nice place, if you can consider a strip club a nice place.

The BEST strip club I have ever been to is Big Al's in Peoria, and DON'T KNOCK it until you have tried it. I have done the Vegas tour of strip clubs, the multiple Chicago places and Big Al's absolutely SMOKED them...

dude...I like you, know you and sorta' respect you..

but Big Al's??

NO friggin' way..Chicago clubs blow and I don't want to know where you went in Vegas, but no way a Peoria club is the place to be

Scav
03-15-2008, 10:15 PM
dude...I like you, know you and sorta' respect you..

but Big Al's??

NO friggin' way..Chicago clubs blow and I don't want to know where you went in Vegas, but no way a Peoria club is the place to be

Bob I am telling you, I THOUGHT THE EXACT THING, but this place is unbelievable, and then go eat pizza next door right after and this hilarious dive bar, a very good pie....

GPK
03-15-2008, 10:18 PM
two words...

PURE PLATINUM

its not to far across the border into Canada near Niagra Falls:cool:

Scav
03-15-2008, 10:19 PM
two words...

PURE PLATINUM

Been there, aint got nothing on Big Al's

GBBob
03-15-2008, 10:20 PM
two words...

PURE PLATINUM

they can do things in Canada they can't here..

thread movement imminent

pmacdaddy
03-15-2008, 10:21 PM
The Canadian Ballet...Good times.

GPK
03-15-2008, 10:22 PM
The Canadian Ballet...Good times.

:D

Scav
03-15-2008, 10:27 PM
I take full responsibility for jumping topics, usually it is GPK but I am the villian this time....

Cajungator26
03-15-2008, 11:31 PM
It's Thee Doll House.

Get it right.

Hilarious... :D

That joint is a joke... $8 fee to use the ATM. WTF? :p

Cajungator26
03-15-2008, 11:33 PM
two words...

PURE PLATINUM

This couldn't be any funnier... D went there and said it's one of the best too.

:D

31lengths
03-16-2008, 05:23 AM
they can do things in Canada they can't here..

thread movement imminent

The Idiotarod ?

TheSpyder
03-16-2008, 07:21 AM
There use to be a topless car wash in Greensboro, NC that was awesome. First time I went was in the company station wagon..great views, good car wash, and when you got out to sit at the tables.....wow...a strip club where you are the only customer. I was taking a business associate on his first trip here from Greece. Half way through he looks over at me and says in his broken English "American, this is a great country!"

Spyder