PDA

View Full Version : Cubs tickets?

Gander
07-17-2006, 03:08 PM
Looking to get 2 tickets to next Thursday (7/27) night's Cubs vs Cardinals game.

Anybody have an idea? According to the Cub's website the game is sold out.

How hard is it to buy tickets from scalpers at the game?

Any help greatly appreciated!

disappearingdan_akaplaya
07-17-2006, 03:12 PM
tim youre coming to chicago????????? you can get tickets but will literally payout of your rear end probaly in the thousands apiece.the trib company scalps their own tickets to their fans BTW........nice owners huh LOL

Gander
07-17-2006, 03:24 PM
Well in that case my trip to Chicago will go on without seeing a Cubs game.
Thinking of spending a few days there next week, yes. WHile I would love to see Wrigley field, I can live without it and would rather spend that money on restaurants and other fun.

Maybe we can meet up if I do come out. How about White Sox tickets? Are they as hard to get?

whorstman
07-17-2006, 03:27 PM
Well in that case my trip to Chicago will go on without seeing a Cubs game.
Thinking of spending a few days there next week, yes. WHile I would love to see Wrigley field, I can live without it and would rather spend that money on restaurants and other fun.

Maybe we can meet up if I do come out. How about White Sox tickets? Are they as hard to get?

Give this a try, you may get lucky

http://www.stubhub.com/chicago-cubs-tickets

Gander
07-17-2006, 03:40 PM
Thanks. Jeepers creepers, these tickets are like Fenway tickets!

alysheba4
07-18-2006, 04:30 PM
gander, give me a email...... i might be able to hook you up.

dellinger63
07-18-2006, 05:33 PM
Gander try Sluggers across the street from the park. Usually they have a few but the Cards and a night game makes it tough. Even if you don't find em the area is loaded with good bars, including Sluggers which has indoor batting cages upstairs. Also take the red line el as parking is tough and expensive. Drops u a block from the park

Scav
07-18-2006, 05:44 PM
Don't listen to Playa Tim, he is jealous that the Cubs still outdraw the White Sox.

Listen to me carefully, GO DOWN THERE because 10% of the tickets are available when the ticket window opens, MLB rule, game day tickets, it is for travelers and such...Trust me, you will get AWESOME seats for a Thursday night game and it will be a great time....

Scav
07-18-2006, 05:50 PM
If you can, get there early, I think the box office opens up at 9am, if you can't do that, try and go before 5pm because everyone does what Dell just said and takes the red line to Wrigley from work and catchs the game and then goes home

Gander
07-18-2006, 06:44 PM
Thanks guys, but my trip to Chicago may be put on hold as I may have to be in New Jersey now next week.