PDA

View Full Version : FG 4

bellsbendboy
03-08-2008, 01:08 PM
New Orleans 'Cap

Compact field of six going nine panels for a half a million bucks. GRASSHOPPER picks up two pounds off his facile score in the prep, admittedly with a cool as a cucumber, ground saving ride. Today the Farish homebred figures to take a step forward and if he does he is strictly the one to beat. Silver Lord, who Lanerie calls the best he has ever ridden, figures to set the pace and the three pound weight shift is notable especially with this ones wide voyage in the Mineshaft. Robby will sit just off him and if he can wait long enough should get home.

Grasshopper who still has not worked in company as a 4yo, yet comes off the best work of his career Monday, getting his last eighth in eleven flat while well in hand and wanting to do more. This colt is a tremendous athelete and has excellent accelleration, yet team TAP enters a blinkered pair and Prado on the outside horse may have instructions to turn the heat up early and that would complicate the issue. A well weighted handicap but we will single nonetheless.

MUNIZ 'CAP

No real handle here other than Daytona looks vulnerable. A winner of four graded stakes in a row the Hendrix trainee picks up weight, draws outside, catches a course with plenty of give in the ground, loses his rider and returns on shorter rest than usual while earning frequent flyer miles. Will go five long Brilliant, Elusive Fort, Fracas, Proudinsky and Twilight Meteor.

OAKS

Indian Blessing will have less pace pressure than in her last but Proud Spell will be much tighter? Two deep.

Louisiana Derby

Would assume Nick Zito will be watching and would think, he will not only be concerned with his horse, and Pyro, but J BE K as well! Zayat, $350K 2yo will rock and roll on the front end and the last thing Zito wants to see is this one hang around! Pyro obviously is the one to beat and his ability is plenty evident with five solid rallies in as many tries. Two interesting entrants are Tale Of Ekati and Majestic Warrior. Both are graded stakes winners in good hands and make their sophomore debuts. We will catch them in Louisville. Call it 3 / 3,5,7,8,9 / 1,2 / 3,4 Play Sunday. Good cappin. BBB

Coach Pants
03-08-2008, 01:30 PM
That might pay $80.

Good luck.

hi_im_god
03-08-2008, 01:39 PM
i hate your single.

i'll take a brass hat-silver lord exacta in the first leg.

hoovesupsideyourhead
03-08-2008, 07:22 PM
New Orleans 'Cap

Compact field of six going nine panels for a half a million bucks. GRASSHOPPER picks up two pounds off his facile score in the prep, admittedly with a cool as a cucumber, ground saving ride. Today the Farish homebred figures to take a step forward and if he does he is strictly the one to beat. Silver Lord, who Lanerie calls the best he has ever ridden, figures to set the pace and the three pound weight shift is notable especially with this ones wide voyage in the Mineshaft. Robby will sit just off him and if he can wait long enough should get home.

Grasshopper who still has not worked in company as a 4yo, yet comes off the best work of his career Monday, getting his last eighth in eleven flat while well in hand and wanting to do more. This colt is a tremendous athelete and has excellent accelleration, yet team TAP enters a blinkered pair and Prado on the outside horse may have instructions to turn the heat up early and that would complicate the issue. A well weighted handicap but we will single nonetheless.

MUNIZ 'CAP

No real handle here other than Daytona looks vulnerable. A winner of four graded stakes in a row the Hendrix trainee picks up weight, draws outside, catches a course with plenty of give in the ground, loses his rider and returns on shorter rest than usual while earning frequent flyer miles. Will go five long Brilliant, Elusive Fort, Fracas, Proudinsky and Twilight Meteor.

OAKS

Indian Blessing will have less pace pressure than in her last but Proud Spell will be much tighter? Two deep.

Louisiana Derby

Would assume Nick Zito will be watching and would think, he will not only be concerned with his horse, and Pyro, but J BE K as well! Zayat, $350K 2yo will rock and roll on the front end and the last thing Zito wants to see is this one hang around! Pyro obviously is the one to beat and his ability is plenty evident with five solid rallies in as many tries. Two interesting entrants are Tale Of Ekati and Majestic Warrior. Both are graded stakes winners in good hands and make their sophomore debuts. We will catch them in Louisville. Call it 3 / 3,5,7,8,9 / 1,2 / 3,4 Play Sunday. Good cappin. BBB
another bang up job.. bad cappin bbb

SentToStud
03-10-2008, 09:24 AM
Can we get a rehash?

GPK
03-10-2008, 09:30 AM
oh boy

CSC
03-10-2008, 09:43 AM
I give him credit for having an opinion before the race, however I didn't see any logic for some of his picks Saturday... we are great monday morning quarterbacks aren't we?

blackthroatedwind
03-10-2008, 09:45 AM
I give him credit for having an opinion before the race, however I didn't see any logic for some of his picks Saturday... we are great monday morning quarterbacks aren't we?

Are you at all familiar with his history here?

CSC
03-10-2008, 09:51 AM
Are you at all familiar with his history here?

No Blackthroatedwind I just started posting here, what happened?

blackthroatedwind
03-10-2008, 09:57 AM
No Blackthroatedwind I just started posting here, what happened?

In a nutshell.....he showed up a year and a half ago, talked down to everyone, told us he made $32K that year on an $1800 total handle betting Pick-4s, adamently claimed a race was fixed at Fairgrounds because a longshot won in the slop ( the winner, according to him, used a battery ), has posted many Pick-4s since his claims of brilliance, and had zero winning plays.

CSC
03-10-2008, 10:06 AM
In a nutshell.....he showed up a year and a half ago, talked down to everyone, told us he made $32K that year on an $1800 total handle betting Pick-4s, adamently claimed a race was fixed at Fairgrounds because a longshot won in the slop ( the winner, according to him, used a battery ), has posted many Pick-4s since his claims of brilliance, and had zero winning plays.

I see, thanks for the recap.

bellsbendboy
03-10-2008, 02:00 PM
A splendid day on the boulevard brought a record crowd and featured excellent racing. Our ticket imploded in leg one however and the recap follows.

Handicappers have long since been perplexed by two turn races and their plethora of pace possibilities. Short fields and racing secretary weighted entrants further complicate matters and yet, Saturdays New Orleans Handicap offered a strange twist, moments after the gate opened.

Probable pace setter Silver Lord ducked in and dumped Corie Lanerie making all prerace, pace analysis, plenty moot! Undaunted, our single Grasshopper grabbed the track, settled nicely, then nightmare number two occurred. As we posted prior to the race, we feared Prado on Magna Graduate would turn up the heat and he did poking his head in front on the far turn. Blinkers on in a horses 29th start ( Pletcher put blinkers on this one for his 3yo debut after he acted a fool for Pat Day in the Jockey Club) is desperation. Albarado, ever the chilly one waited, as well he should have, but Grade One winner and freshly blinkered (start #12 ) Circular Quay made his charge. Both 4yo's ran hard to the wire with Grasshopper necked while giving up three pounds. Magna Graduate was beat a pole and the others never threatened. Tough to single the highweight at even money, but tougher to see the turn around for 'Quay. Both colts came back well and may point for the Oaklawn race.

Muniz

Our opinion here was solid; Daytona would not win! We went shopping and landed PROUDINSKI among our five pack. The Frankel charge returned $9.60 and gave Gomez back to back scores.

OAKS

Only eight nominations and it was difficult to seperate Indian Blessing and Proud Spell $5.80.

Derby

Another workmanlike performance by Pyro ($3.60) inspite of another slow pace. Six strong rallies in as many races but, we are still not convinced that this one gets ten panels. No one more volatile on horseback than Desormeaux, although Coa fans might disagree, but it was very surprising that this one was not on the lead. Bet way down to second choice J BE K did not relish the distance and Zito can rest a little easier, although his colt has far less chance to stay ten panels, than Pyro does. The four comes back some $750 for a deuce.

Coach: It was a difficult sequence to bend. Our horses, on average, were off at a bit more than four to one, hardly bombsville and very chalky for us.

God: We were not thrilled with our single. As for your exacta Grasshopper walked past Silver Lord in the Mineshaft and figured to be much tighter for this and 7yo Brass Hat seemed over the top from a woeful barn.

Hooves:. Thanks, not a bad effort but we would not call it a bang up job. Handicapping is like swimming or riding a bike or speaking German; either you can or you cannot. We do not employ your method, where you look at a card for twenty minutes and list four or five horses for each race, but to each his own.

CSC Which picks?

BTW We have been over this. For the umpteenth time; ALL our pick four bets are posted beforehand and if you do not realize the horse was plugged in; you are either a novice, naive or both. BBB

the_fat_man
03-10-2008, 02:02 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Rudeboyelvis
03-10-2008, 06:45 PM
Our ticket imploded in leg one however and the recap follows.....

Handicappers have long since been perplexed by two turn races and their plethora of pace possibilities. ....
.....Probable pace setter Silver Lord ducked in and dumped Corie Lanerie making all prerace, pace analysis, plenty moot!

Hogwash - The fact that you (our this eubiqutious "we" that you speak of) singled in the first leg, with Pletcher's rabbit and at least a couple other possibilites here impacting Grasshopper's trip proves soundly, once again, that you are full of crap. Silver Lord had precious little to do with the outcome of that race.

Singling Grasshopper was foolhardy at best, and plain bush league ticket structuring to be more realistic.

brianwspencer
03-10-2008, 06:56 PM
Silver Lord had precious little to do with the outcome of that race.

While BBB is easily among the top 10 most awful wankers to ever grace this forum, I have to take issue with that statement. The race changed immediately. Silver Lord was the one horse, who if removed from the race, would have the greatest impact on the shape of the race and the style in which it was run. Remove any one of the other horses from that race, and it doesn't affect the shape in any way nearly as dramatic as losing the talented pacesetter.

Incredibly hard to say, with any certainty, how the race pans out if run on the square with Silver Lord up front.

hoovesupsideyourhead
03-10-2008, 07:00 PM
your a legend in your own mind........"we" go wide enough to give the best chance on winning when "we" play..

blackthroatedwind
03-10-2008, 07:19 PM
While BBB is easily among the top 10 most awful wankers to ever grace this forum, I have to take issue with that statement. The race changed immediately. Silver Lord was the one horse, who if removed from the race, would have the greatest impact on the shape of the race and the style in which it was run. Remove any one of the other horses from that race, and it doesn't affect the shape in any way nearly as dramatic as losing the talented pacesetter.

Incredibly hard to say, with any certainty, how the race pans out if run on the square with Silver Lord up front.

It's easier to argue that his absense helped Grasshopper. Though, with Magna Graduate dogging him it didn't work out that way. However, all things considered, Magna Graduate was obviously in there to dog him regardless. If Silver Lord had actually raced it probably only helps Circular Quay even more.

But, what do I know? Let's all wait to hear from BBB.......and see what they think. You have to admire a guy who has made zero winning selections in a year and a half and yet still talks down to people.

blackthroatedwind
03-10-2008, 07:30 PM
Anyone else think the jock on Quay used a buzzer?

if you do not realize the horse was plugged in; you are either a novice, naive or both

Rudeboyelvis
03-10-2008, 07:33 PM
It's easier to argue that his absense helped Grasshopper. Though, with Magna Graduate dogging him it didn't work out that way. However, all things considered, Magna Graduate was obviously in there to dog him regardless. If Silver Lord had actually raced it probably only helps Circular Quay even more.

That's sorta where I was going, thanks for elaborating BTW....We'll just have to wait for the master capper to show us the err in our ways...

blackthroatedwind
03-10-2008, 07:35 PM
That's sorta where I was going, thanks for elaborating BTW....We'll just have to wait for the master capper to show us the err in our ways...

It's not easy when you like most " Handicappers have long since been perplexed by two turn races and their plethora of pace possibilities. "

ArlJim78
03-10-2008, 08:13 PM
"I would estimate I have bet around $1800 in 2006 and have earned about $32,000. I have had eleven signers so far in 2006. I bet 90 percent pick 4's all with serious homework. BBB"

ever since? zip. one or two small ones that's it.

blackthroatedwind
03-10-2008, 08:16 PM
"I would estimate I have bet around $1800 in 2006 and have earned about $32,000. I have had eleven signers so far in 2006. I bet 90 percent pick 4's all with serious homework. BBB"

ever since? zip. one or two small ones that's it.

In other words.....plenty of winners before coming to this site, supposedly, and none since joining.

Since it never gets old, let me add......" if you do not realize the horse was plugged in; you are either a novice, naive or both. "

ArlJim78
03-10-2008, 08:24 PM
yeah it never gets old for me either, how about...

"Pedigree is more important than any handicapping factor other than current form. I cannot imagine not taking it into account. BBB"

or of course my favorite chestnut

"While in the midst of the worst cold in my fifty plus years on the planet, I could not sleep last night. I spent some time analyzing the days results from the Fairgrounds and found some disturbing circumstances.

It appears, at least to me, that a rider used a buzzer."

blackthroatedwind
03-10-2008, 08:25 PM
yeah it never gets old for me either, how about...

"Pedigree is more important than any handicapping factor other than current form. I cannot imagine not taking it into account. BBB"

Well, that's certainly a window into why he never wins.

blackthroatedwind
03-10-2008, 08:30 PM
From a man who certainly knows a lot about zero.....

" While Pyro figures to have trouble with ten panels, there is ZERO chance War Pass will get the derby trip. BBB "

blackthroatedwind
03-10-2008, 08:31 PM
Here's one that a smarter person than I needs to explain....

" Solid cappers evaluate workouts just as weekend players use race results to identify form cycles. "