PDA

View Full Version : Louisiana Derby -- March 8

dylbert
03-03-2008, 10:06 PM
Planning my big day on Gentilly Blvd. for this Saturday. I can already taste corned beef sandwich and cold beer. Any fellow DTers headed attending this year?

Pyro is getting nice challenge from Florida invaders, Tale of Ekati and Majestic Warrior. Indian Blessing "skeered" all but three comers from Oaks. Semi-walkover in $400,000 affair. Now, that is some awesome respect. With six stakes, there is something for everyone -- Grasshopper, Daytona, Euroears, and more.

Post or PM, if you may attend. Laissez les bons temps rouler!

hoovesupsideyourhead
03-06-2008, 08:41 PM
Planning my big day on Gentilly Blvd. for this Saturday. I can already taste corned beef sandwich and cold beer. Any fellow DTers headed attending this year?

Pyro is getting nice challenge from Florida invaders, Tale of Ekati and Majestic Warrior. Indian Blessing "skeered" all but three comers from Oaks. Semi-walkover in $400,000 affair. Now, that is some awesome respect. With six stakes, there is something for everyone -- Grasshopper, Daytona, Euroears, and more.

Post or PM, if you may attend. Laissez les bons temps rouler!
ill be there..look to hook up and meet fellow dtrs........if we can find bbb..:cool:

dylbert
03-07-2008, 08:32 AM
Hot boudin! Cold couscous! Come on Derby Trailers, push, push, push!

Weather has turned cold, but racing will still be hot tomorrow. So "come pass a good time" at historic Fair Grounds Race Course.

dylbert
03-07-2008, 01:52 PM
ill be there..look to hook up and meet fellow dtrs........if we can find bbb..:cool:hooves, great to hear that you will trek to FG. Damn weather has gone nuts here in central part of state. Near freezing, rain/snow mix this afternoon... Tomorrow, low 50s & mostly sunny according to NOAA web site. Let's hope for warmer!

Look forward to meeting and greeting you and other DTers tomorrow.

dylbert
03-09-2008, 03:55 PM
Great day @ FG yesterday... passed a good time with FGFan and her paddock bar entourage. Cashed some tickets & left some money behind, too... Bloody Marys, corned beef, cold Bud, and fresh picked-that-morning Louisiana strawberries (courtesy of Mr. FGFan) -- now, that's an awesome day at the races.

Only Proudinsky stood between me and Pick 5 (and Pick 4)... grrr, where's that all button when you need it. :confused:

Euroears is big sprinting machine. Circular Quay pulled off Louisiana Derby (2007)/New Orleans Handicap (2008) double. Fourth horse in FG history to accomplish that feat. Proud Spell avenged her Silverbulletday loss with rousing stretch run victory over Eclipse winner, Indian Blessing.

Finally, Pyro is real deal. Instead of last-to-first performance, he stalks early pace, rates, waits along rail, tips out, and accelerates to handy victory. I would suggest that learning to win is more important than final speed at this stage of Derby Trail. Versatility may prove important trying to navigate Kentucky Derby 20-horse cavalry charge.

Again, don't blame Pyro for lack of competition in his recent races. He is only responsible for his performance and did not falter. Pyro didn't select field in his latest races. He just towered over them.

Mortimer
03-11-2008, 02:28 PM
"Again, don't blame Pyro for lack of competition in his recent races. He is only responsible for his performance and did not falter. Pyro didn't select field in his latest races. He just towered over them."

HA!!

He can thank BlackberryBilly's disconnections for this one.

Day had a " 'clock' in his head".....Blackbery has a trainer with a rock in his head.