PDA

View Full Version : Bay Meadows: $81k C/O (Thurs.)

Kasept
03-03-2008, 07:16 PM
http://www.drf.com/entries/06/eBM06.html?rn=065291

DerbyCat
03-05-2008, 08:36 PM
Since this is "my" track (I'm the only fool willing to admit that they love this place) I'll post my picks for the c/o P6 - here they are:

Bay Meadows - March 6th, 2008

Race 3
#1 At the Bada Bing – well placed, drops, shortens the distance to 5 ½ F and gets Gonzalez, the top sprint jockey at Bay Meadows
#2 Topper's Quest – Appears to be the fastest horse in the field, possible speed duel with the 1?
#3 Evrybodycutfootlos – Should have a fast pace to close into if the 1 & 2 duel, just worked a bullet

Race 4
#1 Political High – Hollendorfer/Baze, drop off a win, shipped north – a single!
#6 Forty Fivecalibur – 67% ITM at Bay Meadows, Baze’s son-in-law has the mount (Kaenel just won 3 races on Monday).

Race 5
#2 Libby Green – has faced tougher company, just missed three way photo for win in last race, had recent maintenance work.
#4 Surley Temple – Drops, third off layoff, should be flying down the lane
#7 River Harriet – Drop, Sherman is on a roll, add Baze = Winner!?

Race 6
Gilchrist puts two in this race, one will win.
#4 Frisco Fox – Gonzalez aboard, will shoot to the lead.
#7 Luck Be a Lily – Baze aboard, will close if the Fox fades.

Race 7
# 2 American Dragon – Faced tougher company, ships north, gets bug and a 10 pound weight break. Could make all the difference in a weak/inexperienced field such as this.
#3 Jaconic – Showed improvement between first race and recent, gets Gonzalez and will try to wire it.
# 7 Utah Beach – Placed in last race here at BM, likes the dirt, solid works, and Miyadi does well with this type.

Race 8
#3 Madre May – This one’s been knocking on the door and could get the right pace scenario.
#4 Sweet N Shiney – Another from down south that’s been facing better company; Hollendorfer drops, Baze picks up the mount, recent win at Hollywood going half a furlong longer.
#6 Big City Dixie – Morey is 53% ITM 2nd off the layoff and 53% ITM sprint to route.

P6: 1,2,3/1/2,4/4,7/2,3,7/3,4 = $144

westcoastinvader
03-05-2008, 09:58 PM
[QUOTE=DerbyCat]Since this is "my" track (I'm the only fool willing to admit that they love this place)

Hey Derby Cat....

Saturday will be one of your favorite kind of Bay Meadows days...

Free t-shirts, and everything!

:)

Unstable
03-06-2008, 12:47 AM
Since this is "my" track (I'm the only fool willing to admit that they love this place)
I never really cared for Bay Meadows... I grew up in the Bay Area, but never went to the track until I moved down to Southern California...
But I had the best time there, watching the Breeders' Cup last year (I was up that week-end for a Niners game). Now, I'm sorry to hear they're going to be closing it down...
Good luck with your Pick 6!

docicu3
03-06-2008, 02:51 AM
With the recent problems at SA I would doubt if Bay Meadows will be forced to close for not going synthetic.

PSH
03-06-2008, 08:29 AM
With the recent problems at SA I would doubt if Bay Meadows will be forced to close for not going synthetic.

I am also another San Francisco area Derby Trailer and Bay Meadows closing really has nothing to do with track surface just that the land is way too valuable that they are sitting on.

Good Luck,

PSH

DerbyCat
03-06-2008, 10:09 AM
Hey Derby Cat....
Saturday will be one of your favorite kind of Bay Meadows days...
Free t-shirts, and everything!

Free stuff just brings the idiots out to the track, all of Russell Baze's horse will be bet down to even money because these idiots "know" Baze is "money" :rolleyes: The good part is that you get better odds on the horse that should win the race but getting to a teller or a SAM is difficult - too many people that are clueless on how to use either... days like this I just sit in my box and bet by phone :)

From everything I've heard from the people that work there, Bay Meadows will be torn down in early 2009 and turned in to an office/condo/shopping complex - they've been saying it for years but everyone believes it's really going to happen this time. The land is just too valuable... the median home price in this area is over $750,000 and I've heard the condos they're going to build on the land will start at $600,000 for a one bedroom - outrageous! :eek:

Needless to say, I'm going to enjoy my last season here at my favorite little track... I took Monday afternoon off and went to the track, there couldn't have been more than 50 people in the Clubhouse, the place was a ghost town... this Saturday it will be packed - it's like night and day...

If any DTers are at Bay Meadows this weekend, stop by the Clubhouse boxes, you can usually find me in box 103 by the finish line, I'll be wearing the DerbyTrail hat! :D

Unstable
03-06-2008, 10:10 AM
I am also another San Francisco area Derby Trailer and Bay Meadows closing really has nothing to do with track surface just that the land is way too valuable that they are sitting on.

Good Luck,

PSH
Maybe the downturn in the housing market will save Bay Meadows for another year or two....

DerbyCat
03-06-2008, 10:21 AM
Maybe the downturn in the housing market will save Bay Meadows for another year or two....

The funny thing is, on the "Pennisula", where Bay Meadows is located, housing prices really aren't falling - it's the towns on the edges of the Bay Area that are seeing a downturn but this particular area is holding steady. It sucks for someone like me that wants to buy a place, has some money but not enough to afford a good neighborhood. A three bedroom, two bath, 1200+ sq./ft. house in the cities around Bay Meadows is going to cost three quarters of a million dollars - insane! :eek:

Unstable
03-06-2008, 10:31 AM
The funny thing is, on the "Pennisula", where Bay Meadows is located, housing prices really aren't falling - it's the towns on the edges of the Bay Area that are seeing a downturn but this particular area is holding steady. It sucks for someone like me that wants to buy a place, has some money but not enough to afford a good neighborhood. A three bedroom, two bath, 1200+ sq./ft. house in the cities around Bay Meadows is going to cost three quarters of a million dollars - insane! :eek:
What you have to do is hit this Pick 6! :D Then hit the next 2 or 3! :eek: Then you'll be able to afford a good neighborhood.

LuckyJoyce
03-06-2008, 10:49 AM
If any DTers are at Bay Meadows this weekend, stop by the Clubhouse boxes, you can usually find me in box 103 by the finish line, I'll be wearing the DerbyTrail hat!

Derbycat, see you there! I'll tell Jeanette to lead me to you. ;)

westcoastinvader
03-06-2008, 07:46 PM
If any DTers are at Bay Meadows this weekend, stop by the Clubhouse boxes, you can usually find me in box 103 by the finish line, I'll be wearing the DerbyTrail hat!

Derbycat, see you there! I'll tell Jeanette to lead me to you. ;)

DerbyCat,

I have this Saturday and the El Camino Real on my wish list of entertainment for the weekend. If I make it across the Bay for real time viewing, I'll be sure to stop by.

I'll be the guy with a program and a racing form.

:)

If I can't make it across the Bay, I'll definitely be dropping in my OTB to play a couple of the day's big races.