blackthroatedwind
03-02-2008, 12:34 PM
Of course you do......she has no shot.

Coach Pants
03-02-2008, 12:37 PM
Jigga what?

IrishofNDMan
03-02-2008, 12:45 PM
Alaazo will atleast make mott and zayat happy.

blackthroatedwind
03-02-2008, 12:53 PM
I know one thing....if Alaazo stays 3:5 I would like to book a couple thousand on him.

IrishofNDMan
03-02-2008, 12:56 PM
I know one thing....if Alaazo stays 3:5 I would like to book a couple thousand on him.

Loved playing Alaazo at 9/2 last time, I'll however pass on the 3/5 however this time. I'm definately rooting for Alaazo and although it is early, if he is able to stay healthy I'm willing to bet he will be in the Derby gate.

IrishofNDMan
03-02-2008, 01:13 PM
I'm a sucker, $20 straight exacta 2-5

IrishofNDMan
03-02-2008, 01:16 PM
I'm a sucker, $20 straight exacta 2-5

atleast I knew I was being a sucker and it was a stupid bet, guess it doesn't change the fact I lost $20 and Alaazo NEVER RAN!

blackthroatedwind
03-02-2008, 01:16 PM
Just give us the Facebook excuse. I need the comedy.

IrishofNDMan
03-02-2008, 01:17 PM
Just give us the Facebook excuse. I need the comedy.

when the excuses are posted, I will add them to this thread.

blackthroatedwind
03-02-2008, 01:22 PM
when the excuses are posted, I will add them to this thread.

I can hardly wait. Thanks.

You might want to add one as well......" too slow. "

On the other hand.....the winner is starting to look like a real horse. In a year when the ranks below the favorite are thin this one has to be considered seriously.

jcs11204
03-02-2008, 01:32 PM
no excuses he's obviously not as good as people thought, i dont think the winner is very good either though, weak overall group

jcs11204
03-02-2008, 01:35 PM
Of course you do......she has no shot.

why does she have no shot ? shes 5-1 a solid price, she will go off at nice odd's i cant see her under 4-1.
i think there is a lot to like her comeback race was sharp. im betting her.

blackthroatedwind
03-02-2008, 01:41 PM
no excuses he's obviously not as good as people thought, i dont think the winner is very good either though, weak overall group

He's exactly as good as I thought.

blackthroatedwind
03-02-2008, 01:43 PM
why does she have no shot ? shes 5-1 a solid price, she will go off at nice odd's i cant see her under 4-1.
i think there is a lot to like her comeback race was sharp. im betting her.

Who am I to argue with you? You have a proven record of racing genius on this site. I bow to your expertise.

Game Face, who will be, and should be, 1:2, is close to a complete cinch.

miraja2
03-02-2008, 02:09 PM
I agree with you that the Pletcher filly will be - and should be - the favorite, but is she really that much of a "cinch" here to justify something like 2/5?
There is something about a filly like this coming off a long layoff and stretching out for the first time that makes me question her a little at those odds.
I thought Bsharpsonata looked potentially playable here if she is around 5/1.
Just out of curiosity, why are you completely tossing that one?

blackthroatedwind
03-02-2008, 02:32 PM
She's a turf horse.

the_fat_man
03-02-2008, 02:47 PM
She's a turf horse.

You know that. I know that. Her connections don't seem to, however. The mishandling has only just begun.

blackthroatedwind
03-02-2008, 02:52 PM
You know that. I know that. Her connections don't seem to, however. The mishandling has only just begun.

I'm sure you're right. The best thing for her today is a distant fifth place finish.

Scatkey couldn't have gotten second???? Forget about winning. How was she 15:1?

the_fat_man
03-02-2008, 02:54 PM
She hung like a bigtime rat.

blackthroatedwind
03-02-2008, 02:56 PM
She did.....but I think the track has reverted to being very inside.

If they don't keep on it constantly it seems to do that.

blackthroatedwind
03-02-2008, 04:21 PM
She's a turf horse.

Or not.....though I have a feeling this was more a situation of Game Face not showing up at all ( for whatever reason ). Last quarter in a blistering 27 4/5.

Ouch!

I'll stubbornly look to bet against BSharpsonata in her next dirt race.....though if I were the connections I would be optimistic about her chances in the Ashland. They would be foolish to skip that race in favor of the Bonnie Miss. Though, the Bonnie Miss could come up pretty weak. However, she's not likely to get this kind of pace set-up.

the_fat_man
03-02-2008, 04:27 PM
Fool me once ....

Fool me twice ....

I thought very highly of this filly off her last turf race, as she was abused running into the fastest split of the race and still dusted a decent field. I couldn't make sense of cutting her back and running her on the slop, as they did last time, however. And, today, no workouts after the last race, a particularly hard one, I also wondered why she was back on the dirt.

Hard to believe that she's anywhere near as good on dirt as she is on turf, however. Then again, I haven't exactly been spot on to this point.

blackthroatedwind
03-02-2008, 04:28 PM
I would have to agree......I have never been anywhere close to right in judging this filly.

Game Face was horrifically bad. Frankly, even if she had won this race by a length or so I would have been very unimpressed.

miraja2
03-02-2008, 05:25 PM
Or not.....though I have a feeling this was more a situation of Game Face not showing up at all ( for whatever reason ). Last quarter in a blistering 27 4/5.

Ouch!

I'll stubbornly look to bet against BSharpsonata in her next dirt race.....though if I were the connections I would be optimistic about her chances in the Ashland. They would be foolish to skip that race in favor of the Bonnie Miss. Though, the Bonnie Miss could come up pretty weak. However, she's not likely to get this kind of pace set-up.
I just think she is a nice, versatile filly who has demonstrated the ability to run on a lot of different surfaces. She can win around one turn or two, and on the turf, a fast dirt, and a sloppy dirt track.
I think your original designation of her as a "turf horse" is still accurate if by it you just meant that she is probably better on the turf than on the dirt. But I think she had demonstrated before today that she was capable of being fairly good on dirt as well.
Game Face may very well prove to be the better filly overall, but as I said before, I jut didn't think the stretch to 8f off a 50+ day layoff made her a good play here.

IrishofNDMan
03-02-2008, 05:31 PM
Funny facebook stuff.

After the Alaazo race 1 kid posted a message saying:

I am not trying to bash anyone on here or anything, but every time i come on here and read the wall post all i see are how these horses are going to blow away the fields and everything. They are mostly homer picks and i understand that you want your father or your stable to do well but cmon guys lets get real this years crop of 3yo is pretty weak there are 3 maybe 4 standouts right now the rest are just going to be in the race for prestige.
Wht happened to the (great Alaazo) today finished dead last in a 5 horse 48k allowance not impressive. Im not trying to bash anyone again i am just stating that as of right now PYRO and W.P. are going to get all of my derby money as much as it kills me to play favorites they are just clearly way ahead of everyone else at this point i am hoping this will change coming up with visionaire sat. in the Gotham and the LA derby but we will have to see. GL to Riley and Justin as the continue on their road to the roses

Then I posted:

Couldn't agree more, I was rooting for Alaazo and thought for sure he had the potential to make it into the Derby gate, but I am doubting that now. I like Denis of Cork still, but War Pass is still the one to beat (I don't want to hear distance limitations crap, cause this horse can flat out run and win).

Then Justin Zayat comes in with my laugh of the day:

first of all you guys don't know anything about alaazo, so stop doubting his hopes of going to the derby, because you have nothing to do with him and you don't know what we have planned

IrishofNDMan
03-02-2008, 05:47 PM
Hopefully Daddy shuts Justin up soon, because he's making an ass of himself.

I like the part when he says "you guys have nothing to do with him". That is the part that makes him sound like a little ass and a baby.

Coach Pants
03-02-2008, 05:49 PM
"We"

What a pampered douche.

IrishofNDMan
03-02-2008, 05:49 PM
another message from Zayat:

Dan, Austin
thank you for your comments i take them to heart, horse racing as you know is such a humbling game but alaazo was training like a train, he is an A.P. Indy colt which comes from a family with alot of grade ones he has been undefeated until now and is bred to run all day def the derby distance and beyond. its only his third race he is still green and unseasoned and he just stopped its not like he ran, Hall of Famer Bill Mott is going all over him now hopefully he will get a clean bill of health, thank you for your nice lectures we dont run our horses to run last you don't know what your talking about go check the nation owner standings were currently ranked number 1 in the country and we finished last yr 2nd which was our second yr in the business, not only that we were ranked number one in number of stakes won by any owner which was 14 and being number won for winning the most graded stakes. talking about racing stars noone more than zayat stables had and made stars

IrishofNDMan
03-02-2008, 05:51 PM
"We"

What a pampered douche.

that is the word I was looking for. Seemed like a pretty cool kid until someone stops kissing his ass and lets him know there are other horses other than Zayat ones, then he acts like the rich spoiled baby.

jcs11204
03-02-2008, 10:34 PM
Who am I to argue with you? You have a proven record of racing genius on this site. I bow to your expertise.

guess we were both wrong, but i am here to talk horses, thats it
so i dont want to be treated like this everytime i post, i have opinions and i want to share them

blackthroatedwind
03-02-2008, 10:54 PM
guess we were both wrong, but i am here to talk horses, thats it
so i dont want to be treated like this everytime i post, i have opinions and i want to share them

Good luck with all that.

blackthroatedwind
03-02-2008, 11:03 PM
another message from Zayat:

Dan, Austin
thank you for your comments i take them to heart, horse racing as you know is such a humbling game but alaazo was training like a train, he is an A.P. Indy colt which comes from a family with alot of grade ones he has been undefeated until now and is bred to run all day def the derby distance and beyond. its only his third race he is still green and unseasoned and he just stopped its not like he ran, Hall of Famer Bill Mott is going all over him now hopefully he will get a clean bill of health, thank you for your nice lectures we dont run our horses to run last you don't know what your talking about go check the nation owner standings were currently ranked number 1 in the country and we finished last yr 2nd which was our second yr in the business, not only that we were ranked number one in number of stakes won by any owner which was 14 and being number won for winning the most graded stakes. talking about racing stars noone more than zayat stables had and made stars

There isn't a single Grade 1 winner in the first two generations from his dam. While his THIRD dam is the wonderful Courtly Dee, she only produced two Grade 1 winners, Althea and Ketoh ( who won the now discontinued Cowdin in the mid 80s when it was actually still a Grade 1 ).

As a good friend of mine says, and he's a quite successful trainer ( like Mott he's also in the Hall of Fame ) " This game will humble Kings.....and I'm no King. "

Mr. Zayat has invested a great deal in this game, and he sure runs his horses, which is all good. I wish him the best of success.

jcs11204
03-02-2008, 11:31 PM
Good luck with all that.
thanks