PDA

View Full Version : Still Coming

SCUDSBROTHER
07-16-2006, 05:45 PM
ANGELS 11-1 in JULY. A's are gunna get real frustrated if they beat teams 3 out of 4 and lose a half game of their lead in the process.Let there be no doubt.It's a war.Big ugly, disgusting war.

oracle80
07-16-2006, 05:48 PM
The war will be anyone trying to stop the Yankees in the post season. Incredible play without Cano, Matsui, and Sheffield. Cano to be back within two weeks, Matsui in August, and Sheffield due Spetember 1st. If the Ynaks are only half a game behind Boston now who the hell is going to stop them when those three guys get back? Forget it, I will tell you right now, Yankees are world series bound.

SCUDSBROTHER
07-16-2006, 05:54 PM
The war will be anyone trying to stop the Yankees in the post season. Incredible play without Cano, Matsui, and Sheffield. Cano to be back within two weeks, Matsui in August, and Sheffield due Spetember 1st. If the Ynaks are only half a game behind Boston now who the hell is going to stop them when those three guys get back? Forget it, I will tell you right now, Yankees are world series bound.

YANKEES are playoff bound.I do think they will do that.After that? They should be winning rings left n' right with 2x the money spent as anybody else.The question is how are they not winning rings ?

SCUDSBROTHER
07-18-2006, 01:51 AM
Halos 1/2 game back.It's been beautiful team baseball.

oracle80
07-18-2006, 09:23 AM
Yankees and Boston win again. Yanks still a 1/2 game out(equal in the loss column) and now Boston and Yanks close in another half game on the WHite Sox. Boston looks like they are in trouble losing Wakefield. Yankees continue winning despite Arods 3 errors and missing three key starters. If ARod ever pulls hiss head out of his ass and the Yanks get back a couple of those injured guys they will challenge Detroit by years end for best record in the American League.
In the NL it looks as if Buffy's prediction that the Braves would rally to make the playoffs might not be so far fetched. Looks to me that once the pressure was off of them with everyone believing that they were done that they started just playing baseball like kids in a sandlot, no pressure will do that to you. Funny thing happened after that, they started realizing that they could play this game and now are on a tear like I haven't seen in a while. The Mets might start to hear footsteps in September.

paisjpq
07-18-2006, 09:26 AM
even though I've been well-trained to adore boston come what may...I have to say that no team knows how to choke like they do...every year it seems they start so strong and then just tail off and screw up...

Gander
07-18-2006, 09:57 AM
Mike-

As much as I would love to see the Braves catch the Mets or at least make a race out of it, I think thats a huge longshot. I mean like 100/1. Mets have them by 11.5 and the 2 teams only play each other head to head 9 more times this year. Being realistic, the best the Braves could do is win 7 of 9 and that would only gain them 5 games on the Mets. That would leave 6.5 games they would still have to make up and considering they both play very similar schedules the rest of the year, I doubt very much the Braves are good enough to better the Mets by 6.5 games against rival teams.

Obvioulsy the Braves have a better shot at making the playoffs through a wildcard, but even that I think is very much a longshot. They would have to pass 7 teams, not to mention there are 3 teams behind them within 2 games of them.

I dont see it happening and if I was betting that the Braves will make the playoffs, I would demand at least 50/1.

SCUDSBROTHER
07-18-2006, 12:02 PM
3 errors/1 game ???...Sometimes he does look like he should just be driving that big Pepsi Truck.

Gander
07-18-2006, 12:41 PM
They dont pay him for his defense. 16 errors is quite a bit for him at this point, but lets face it, the Yankees are getting pretty darn good offensive production from him and he really hasnt cost the Yankees any wins with his mediocre glove.

SCUDSBROTHER
07-18-2006, 01:14 PM
They dont pay him for his defense. 16 errors is quite a bit for him at this point, but lets face it, the Yankees are getting pretty darn good offensive production from him and he really hasnt cost the Yankees any wins with his mediocre glove.

It will cost them in the post. No team can afford that in the post.Look at the Chisox last year in the post.Their 3rd baseman's defensive game was very important in their championship.In the Angel game last night,the Indians' 3rd baseman gave the Halos an extra out,and they got 2 runs out of it(instead of the inning being over.)This was a routine throw for the 3rd baseman.Not only that,but the Indians lost 2 runs last night due to having a guy in Left field that simply has one of the worst throwing arms I have ever seen.I mean twice the Angel player trying to score from 2nd(on a single to left) was barely around 3rd when the left fielder had the ball in his hand.The Indians' catcher rarely throws out a base runner trying to steal.You can make a case that1)the reason the Indians aren't in it this year is predominantly bad defense,and 2)the reason the Angels played below .500 in the 1st half is bad defense.

Gander
07-18-2006, 01:31 PM
Agree with everything you say. Defense is absolutely huge in the postseason. So is good, intelligent baserunning. 2 reasons why the White Sox went 11-2 in last year's postseason.

slotdirt
07-18-2006, 02:12 PM
All I know is that after rooting for the Tigers my entire life, I decided that after they fired Alan Trammell that they weren't worth my effort. Now they turn into the best team in baseball. Thanks a lot, Mike Illitch.

Buffymommy
07-18-2006, 02:23 PM
All I know is that after rooting for the Tigers my entire life, I decided that after they fired Alan Trammell that they weren't worth my effort. Now they turn into the best team in baseball. Thanks a lot, Mike Illitch.

You can root for them all ya want slot. I have been rooting for the braves since I was a kid because they were my "home" team. Now the Marlins are here, and I root for them, but my heart is always with the Braves first.

SCUDSBROTHER
07-18-2006, 03:18 PM
Gander, this is a pretty funny site.I didn't know Madman Milton Bradley got hurt after being just a couple days off the dl.I saw he was on the 15 day dl,but thought they just forgot to update the fact he had come off it.Amazing.

http://firemacha.blogspot.com/

Gander
07-18-2006, 03:34 PM
Slot-

I think the story out of Detroit this year is really nice but the real season hasnt really kicked in yet. While I see them sticking around and making the post season, I dont see them continuing at this pace for very much longer. I think the White Sox will prove best in that division and have it wrapped up by mid September.

The Tigers were very hot about 6-7 weeks ago too, then they got their butts kicked by the Yankees, who were very hurting with injuries, in Detroit. I think they lost 3 of 4 to the Yankees. Laid down to them.

Best team in baseball? Not so sure about that but I wish them all the best, they are a very likeable bunch, especially when compared to the Yankees and White Sox :cool:

SCUDSBROTHER
07-18-2006, 03:43 PM
The top of the sixth ended when Bradley, who reached second on the throw home that failed to get Payton, forgot how many outs there were and was easily doubled up after sprinting for third on Mark Ellis' one-out fly ball to shallow center field.

"I'm sure he knows it was a mistake," Macha said.

LOL..That is classic Milton.He got caught too far off 1st by a pitcher(but the runner on 3rd was able to get home safely,)then he gets doubled up at 2nd on a fly ball.He is a decent athlete with a lot of pure power,but man does he have some STYROFOAM up in that head of his.

"It was a bad read," said Bradley, who thought the ball would fall in. "I made a mistake."

SCUDSBROTHER
07-18-2006, 03:47 PM
Gander,do they really have some seats at the REDSOX games that cost $110.00?

Gander
07-18-2006, 04:08 PM
LOL, more than $110! They have seats atop the Green Monster which go for $150-225 face value. Ridiculous. You cant get a good seat in Fenway for less than $60 anymore.

Dodger games are much cheaper. 2 years ago I was out there and got seats the night of the game for $18 a piece that were comprable to the $60 ones at Fenway.

SCUDSBROTHER
07-18-2006, 04:17 PM
LOL, more than $110! They have seats atop the Green Monster which go for $150-225 face value. Ridiculous. You cant get a good seat in Fenway for less than $60 anymore.

Dodger games are much cheaper. 2 years ago I was out there and got seats the night of the game for $18 a piece that were comprable to the $60 ones at Fenway.

Actually,the guy from Boston(who bought the Dodgers)has taken pretty good care of the Stadium.He has spent money in the last year to keep it up(without making a lot of drastic changes,)and I do give him credit for that.I am not happy with the large ads on the outfield wall.He seems like he or his wife is pretty concious of good design,but those ads on the outfield wall are ugly.You have any idea if those bring in that much more money than the ads behind the batter(the ones that change constantly.)

Gander
07-18-2006, 04:25 PM
Not sure but they sure cant be cheap to buy an ad on. Have to think the Dodgers are doing pretty well from those ads. Yes they really are ugly and distracting when watching the game. Glad they dont have those in Fenway.

SCUDSBROTHER
07-19-2006, 04:46 AM
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/scudsbrother@sbcglobal.net/detail?.dir=/3dd2scd&.dnm=2e30scd.jpg&.src=ph

"They're doing pretty good right now," Cleveland shortstop Jhonny Peralta said. "They threw two pitchers at us that they called up from Triple-A and those guys threw pretty good. (Sanders) has a good fastball and sinker and changeup, and he used them all tonight. They've got a good pitcher there."

This guy has major league stuff.I am ecstatic about this guy as security if one of our best starters goes down with an injury.THE GUY LAST NIGHT(MOSELEY) is trying to pitch like Greg Maddox.Only one Greg Maddox,and I think Saunders will be the one that bails us out if we need it.Right now,we have three pitchers that are firing on all cylinders..Lackey,Santana,and Jarrett Weaver.Colon didn't impress me on Sunday.Then, the 5th spot can go to Escobar,Carrasco,or Saunders.Cleveland is a good hitting team,and Saunders only gave them one earned run.I would say he is the 4th best starter right now(COLON is not reliable,and Carrasco n' Escobar are probably better as middle relievers=sprinters- to be honest.)