PDA

View Full Version : Scuds- Our teams

Gander
07-16-2006, 05:00 PM
What is up with our teams? Dodgers get swept by the Cards and Red Sox lose 3 of 4 from the A's. Yuuuuck. We only have a 1/2 game lead over the Evil Empire. Time for a 20 oz milkshake to drown my sorrows.

SCUDSBROTHER
07-16-2006, 05:25 PM
Dodgers are bad on the road,and horrid against that team on the road.I am pretty sure that if you check,you will find very few Dodger wins in St. Louis.

SCUDSBROTHER
07-16-2006, 05:49 PM
By the way,Gander,the team I am trying to win $3500 with are the Halos.I need Halo wins.If I could trust the Dodgers,then I would have bet them.Fact is,the Angels are a TEAM.

oracle80
07-16-2006, 05:52 PM
What is up with our teams? Dodgers get swept by the Cards and Red Sox lose 3 of 4 from the A's. Yuuuuck. We only have a 1/2 game lead over the Evil Empire. Time for a 20 oz milkshake to drown my sorrows.
Tim let me give it you straight. Boston went on a streak where they won 16 of 17 games all while the Yankees are missing three bonfide stars. Yet they look in the rear view mirror and see the Yankees a half game back. Adios amigos, Cano back soon, Matsui in August, Sheff in September. Bye Bye Boston. No way they beat the Yankees now, none. But they will make the playoffs, after watching the Yankees beat up on the White Sox this weekend its become apparent to me that they aren't that good. They are only up 2 1/2 games on Boston and 3 games on the Yankees. Both will pass them.

SCUDSBROTHER
07-16-2006, 05:57 PM
Oracle,Freddy Garcia ain't the 2nd coming this year?

oracle80
07-16-2006, 06:06 PM
Oracle,Freddy Garcia ain't the 2nd coming this year?
When exactly was he the first coming, Yankees lit them up like a Christmas tree, scored 26 runs in 3 games. If you thought that was bad Chisox, come back and see us in September with Cano and Sheff and Matsui, then you will get a real beating.

SCUDSBROTHER
07-16-2006, 06:15 PM
Well,we will see what happens.Chisox will either come together,or continue to play like that.If you get 14 hits,and lose,then you got some people who are not getting their jobs done.I'll tell you this much though.Any team that is regularly pitching that piece of dogsht Tavarez,doesn't deserve to go to the playoffs.

Gander
07-16-2006, 06:26 PM
Congrats on the sweep. Cant say I like the White Sox much better than the Yankees, so in a way I am glad. Red Sox just flat out played like tired hungover frat kids this weekend. Good grief :(

What the world needs now... is another Red Sox - Yankees playoff in October!

Please god, grant us this wish!

Gander
07-16-2006, 06:28 PM
Scuds-

If I had to say, I would give the Dodgers a better chance at winning the NL West than the Angels winning the AL West. But I will pull for you as I have said before I have a soft spot for the Angels. They have beaten the Yankees twice in the postseason in the last 5 years.

Oracle, whats your take...Dodgers or Angels...who has the better chance to win their division?

SCUDSBROTHER
07-16-2006, 06:33 PM
Scuds-

If I had to say, I would give the Dodgers a better chance at winning the NL West than the Angels winning the AL West. But I will pull for you as I have said before I have a soft spot for the Angels. They have beaten the Yankees twice in the postseason in the last 5 years.

Oracle, whats your take...Dodgers or Angels...who has the better chance to win their division?

Well,the fact your even considering whether they are comprable bets is a victory to me.When I took the Halos to win the division,they were 6-1.The Dodgers were like 9/5 to win theirs.

Gander
07-16-2006, 06:35 PM
6/1 is nice value. Hope it works out for you and we see them in the playoffs.

SCUDSBROTHER
07-16-2006, 06:37 PM
6/1 is nice value. Hope it works out for you and we see them in the playoffs.

Like I said,I would love them to clear the field.I am not above cover-betting.

SCUDSBROTHER
07-16-2006, 06:42 PM
Gander,I saw the Manager from Oakland damn near have a stroke against you guys last Thursday.The Sunday before,I saw the hitting coach get thrown out in Oakland.I consider this a big advantage for me.They are gunna grip pretty hard in September,and I think Scioscia has already prooved himself in September.

SCUDSBROTHER
07-16-2006, 08:04 PM
What a division

Lost 3

Lost 4

Lost 2

Lost 1

Lost 7

SCUDSBROTHER
07-16-2006, 08:36 PM
Gander,exactly what is this individual doing for his 4 mil this year?

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=4057

Gander
07-16-2006, 08:54 PM

Eating and scaring little children.

Do you think he might feel a tad guilty when he cashes those 50K a week paychecks?

SCUDSBROTHER
07-17-2006, 11:51 AM

Eating and scaring little children.

Do you think he might feel a tad guilty when he cashes those 50K a week paychecks?

He long ago lost any sense of guilt.I don't know how any athlete can cash a check when they are overweight. Seems like job 1 is to be in shape,but I must be asking too much.

Gander
07-17-2006, 12:51 PM
Who said David Wells was an athlete? LOL!