PDA

View Full Version : Tampa Tuesday 2/26/08

Rudeboyelvis
02-25-2008, 02:18 PM
Looks fairly chalky going into the last leg which is wide open - clm 6250 with a bunch of saddle jumping off of recent efforts could point toward the reasoning behind the drops/move up in class here - Centeno off of Ravishing Ruby in favor of Seventeen Above; Morales off of a game effort on Classy and Elusive for 16k 2 back in favor of Ravishing Ruby; and Classy and Elusive who has been uber hot (Velez has 3 wins on her so far this meet), can't draw any of the top jocks on the huge drop from 16k to 6.25k - an eye opener..

Race 7

1 Cigar Man
2 Vocalize
9 Too many Sins

Race 8

4 Belle Watling
1/1A T. Albertrani entries

Race 9

9 Dawn Raider
10 Uno Way Calle
2 Romp

Race 10

2 Seventeen Above
10 Ravishing Ruby
11 Wicked Sweet
6 Blues Muse
4 Sheza Match
7 Classy and Elusive

Big - 1,2,9//1,4//2,9,10//2,4,6,7,10,11 = 108.00
Small - 1,2//1,4//9,10//2,4,6,7,10,11 = 48.00

GPK
02-25-2008, 02:34 PM
Looks fairly chalky going into the last leg which is wide open - clm 6250 with a bunch of saddle jumping off of recent efforts could point toward the reasoning behind the drops/move up in class here - Centeno off of Ravishing Ruby in favor of Seventeen Above; Morales off of a game effort on Classy and Elusive for 16k 2 back in favor of Ravishing Ruby; and Classy and Elusive who has been uber hot (Velez has 3 wins on her so far this meet), can't draw any of the top jocks on the huge drop from 16k to 6.25k - an eye opener..

Race 7

1 Cigar Man
2 Vocalize
9 Too many Sins

Race 8

4 Belle Watling
1/1A T. Albertrani entries

Race 9

9 Dawn Raider
10 Uno Way Calle
2 Romp

Race 10

2 Seventeen Above
10 Ravishing Ruby
11 Wicked Sweet
6 Blues Muse
4 Sheza Match
7 Classy and Elusive

Big - 1,2,9//1,4//2,9,10//2,4,6,7,10,11 = 108.00
Small - 1,2//1,4//9,10//2,4,6,7,10,11 = 48.00

damn son....whats the DT record for amount of time a pick 4 play is posted before the first leg goes off?

Bored today Dan?:D

Rudeboyelvis
02-25-2008, 02:51 PM
Excited, bored, you name it - I think my girl might have a shot at these in the 10th - if she can control or just sit off the pace which doesn't seem too strong... we'll see - I'll be at the track mostly all day tomorrow, so won't have time to post but hopefully will get a chance to update the scratches - figured I'd get these out while I had a little down time...

Where ya been? You NEED to get down here on the 15th of March for the grade III War Pass Derby :D :cool:

GPK
02-25-2008, 03:02 PM
Excited, bored, you name it - I think my girl might have a shot at these in the 10th - if she can control or just sit off the pace which doesn't see too strong... we'll see - I'll be at the track mostly all day tomorrow, so won't have time to post but hopefully will get a chance to update the scratches - figured I'd get these out while I had a little down time...

Where ya been? You NEED to get down here on the 15th of March for the grade III War Pass Derby :D :cool:

Good luck with your girl tomorrow....will root you home.

The month of March is a no-go zone for me...golf season will just be gearing up and I will be busier than a 1 legged man in an ass-kicking contest.

My two trips this year will be a couple days at Keeneland this spring and opening week at Toga:cool: You will be there?

Rudeboyelvis
02-25-2008, 04:06 PM
opening week at Toga:cool: You will be there?

Absolutely - working on trying to find a place now

GBBob
02-25-2008, 04:43 PM
Excited, bored, you name it - I think my girl might have a shot at these in the 10th - if she can control or just sit off the pace which doesn't see too strong... we'll see - I'll be at the track mostly all day tomorrow, so won't have time to post but hopefully will get a chance to update the scratches - figured I'd get these out while I had a little down time...

Dan..Is that the horse you ran against tougher a few weeks ago?

Rudeboyelvis
02-25-2008, 05:20 PM
Dan..Is that the horse you ran against tougher a few weeks ago?

That's the one...C&E was claimed out of the same 8K race we got WS out of...she ran a nice race the next out for the new connections at 16k beaten a length and a half and then was completely flat last Friday at the same condition...Could be reading too much into it, but you'd think Velez or Montalvo would jump on this one on the drop...Must be a "Paul Harvey" (as JJ used to say) with this one...That said it wouldn't be the first time Cooper/Alesso sandbagged a good horse to steal a cheap pot...We'll find out :)

viscount26
02-25-2008, 05:33 PM

The month of March is a no-go zone for me...golf season will just be gearing up and I will be busier than a 1 legged man in an ass-kicking contest.

My two trips this year will be a couple days at Keeneland this spring and opening week at Toga:cool: You will be there?
Kev,
NY trip to Keeneland is B Grass week end

GBBob
02-25-2008, 06:13 PM
That's the one...C&E was claimed out of the same 8K race we got WS out of...she ran a nice race the next out for the new connections at 16k beaten a length and a half and then was completely flat last Friday at the same condition...Could be reading too much into it, but you'd think Velez or Montalvo would jump on this one on the drop...Must be a "Paul Harvey" (as JJ used to say) with this one...That said it wouldn't be the first time Cooper/Alesso sandbagged a good horse to steal a cheap pot...We'll find out :)

Thnx for the background and best of luck

Bigsmc
02-25-2008, 06:49 PM

Usually at my expense.....

31lengths
02-25-2008, 08:47 PM
Excited, bored, you name it - I think my girl might have a shot at these in the 10th - if she can control or just sit off the pace which doesn't seem too strong... we'll see - I'll be at the track mostly all day tomorrow, so won't have time to post but hopefully will get a chance to update the scratches - figured I'd get these out while I had a little down time...

Good luck tomorrow Dan. Have fun!

MinnSkinny
02-25-2008, 08:57 PM

Keeneland................when?

GPK
02-25-2008, 09:01 PM
Keeneland................when?

not sure yet....Im in the midst of putting together my calendar for the year. Golf tournaments are my first priority when taking time off from work and then the horse vacations come next. That kills me too...because VA State Open is July 17-20, which is the week before Toga opens. I haven't played in the Open since 2004.

tiggerv
02-26-2008, 09:54 AM
Good luck with Wicked Sweet today. Definitely has a shot at a nice price.

Rudeboyelvis
02-26-2008, 10:54 AM
Good luck with Wicked Sweet today. Definitely has a shot at a nice price.

Thanks bro, looks like we've even got an upgrade in the saddle as well -
Rosemary in the irons:

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

TRACK: Fast
TURF: Good
Portable rail: at 0

Weather: Mostly Cloudy – upper 70’s

Pick 6 CARRYOVER: $3,136.83

RACE 1 #1-+4 #3-jockey W. Martinez #8-+1
Post Time 12:35

RACE 2 #8-Cornell Collar on
#9-jockey C. Montalvo
#11-Scratched(Striking Force)
Post Time 1:02

RACE 3 No Changes
Post Time 1:29

RACE 4 No Changes
Post Time 1:56

RACE 5 #9-jockey G. Laiz
Post Time 2:23

RACE 6 (Turf) #9-+1
#11-Scratched(Nana’s Birthday)
#12-Scratched(Wild Indygo Brew)
#13-Scratched(Pepper Spray)
#14-Scratched(Princess Dee)
Post Time 2:50

RACE 7 #4-Scratched(Chasing Smoke)
#5-Scratched(Challenge Pride)
#8-jockey M. Ramerez
#9-blinkers on
Post Time 3:17

RACE 8 #1-Scratched(Game Show) P.O.E. #3-jockey G. Laiz
Post Time 3:44

RACE 9 (Turf) #8-+1
#11-Scratched(Keen Impact)
#12-Scratched(Seismatic)
#13-Scratched(Castle Concert)
#14-Scratched(Kilcullen)
Post Time 4:11

RACE 10 #3-jockey R. Allen Jr.
#6-+4 #7-jockey G. Laiz
#11-jockey R. Homeister Jr.
Post Time 4:38

tiggerv
02-26-2008, 11:02 AM
#11-jockey R. Homeister Jr.
Post Time 4:38

Very nice. Might have to bump her to an "A" on my ticket.

Here is my ticket. Have a nasty case of the flu so I can barely read the PPs.

Race 7
A) 9,1,2 B) 6

Race 8
A) 6,1A B) 4

Race 9
A) 9,2,10

Race 10
A) 7,2,6 B) 11,10

Paid $1022.90

Bigsmc
02-26-2008, 11:04 AM
1 - Cigar Man is going to be a single on a lot of tickets. He may win by open lengths, but IMO, he is very beatable here.

6 - Perla Storm is a huge threat to take them wire to wire in the 8th if 1A – Ruly and the 7 - Clever Thought take back and let her go. Not sure what to make of 4 - Belle Waiting, she's got the look of a one paced plodder and will probably leave herself too much to do late, even with the shades addition.

I'm stunned that they are running the 9th on the turf with the rail setting the same as the Tampa Bay BC last Saturday. They had to have torn it up a bunch with the soft going.

The 10th is a crap shoot. If the 7 - Classy and Elusive has a problem and doesn't bounce back, I think 11 - Wicked Sweet has as good a shot as any in here.

GL

Bigsmc
02-26-2008, 11:38 AM
Race 7:

9 - Too Many Sins
2 - Vocalize
1 - Cigar Man

Race 8:

6 - Perla Storm
1A - Ruly
7 - Clever Thought

Race 9:

9 - Dawn Raider
10 - Uno Way Calle
7 - Lucky Dreamer
8 - Apple Talk

Race 10:

7 - Classy and Elusive
2 - Seventeen Above
4 - Sheza Match
6 - Blues Muse
11 - Wicked Sweet

Small Ticket:

2,9/1A,6/7,9,10/2,4,6,7 = $48

Big Ticket:

1,2,9/1,6,7/7,8,9,10/2,4,6,7,11 = $180

Good luck to RBE and Wicked Sweet!!

Bigsmc
02-26-2008, 11:41 AM
Kev,
NY trip to Keeneland is B Grass week end

Are you going to make it to Tampa this winter I-Man?

WTF happened to your City boys yesterday? If you don't watch out, you may still lose our bet.....the Spurs are coming (and picked up a little silverware on the way)....:D

Bobby Fischer
02-26-2008, 01:10 PM
good luck with the 10th Elvis ^^^

for another big bomb I kind of like the 9 in the 6th.
Hard to include on a pick 4
woke up on the lead in the stretchout last time. I didn't see any major problems with her stride. Ran pretty straight considering Henry kept beating her with the left hand.
She is in some ways similar in pedigree to Monterey Jazz (the frontrunner out in Cali)
Thunderello on top, Roberto and Nasrullah down below.

interesting long shot angle, but probably a complete non-factor in what appears to be a decent 16k turfer race, will need big odds. 20-1 ml

The Bid
02-26-2008, 01:13 PM
2 2
3 9
4 5
5 8
6 1
7 1
8 7 Play of the day
9 2
10 7

Bigsmc
02-26-2008, 01:53 PM
That said it wouldn't be the first time Cooper/Alesso sandbagged a good horse to steal a cheap pot...We'll find out :)

With the addition of Gilberto Laiz to ride, the trap is officially set....LOL

Actually, I may toss the horse now.

The Bid
02-26-2008, 02:03 PM
Im certain Tampa's graphic showed off the grass earlier today.

Bigsmc
02-26-2008, 02:46 PM
Im certain Tampa's graphic showed off the grass earlier today.

YouBet says "Fast" and "Good".

I have no video to see what the Tampa feed says.

oilertige
02-26-2008, 02:55 PM
Bigs

Fast and Good it is per the video feed

tiggerv
02-26-2008, 03:43 PM
Going to watch the replay but I think she ran well RBE. Got a really wide trip but finished game.

oilertige
02-26-2008, 03:46 PM
Going to watch the replay but I think she ran well RBE. Got a really wide trip but finished game.

agreed - not an easy trip at all but finished strong!

Bigsmc
02-26-2008, 04:39 PM

Race 7
A) 9,1,2 B) 6

Race 8
A) 6,1A B) 4

Race 9
A) 9,2,10

Race 10
A) 7,2,6 B) 11,10

Paid $1022.90

Excellent work tigger.

Rudeboyelvis
02-26-2008, 05:29 PM

Race 7
A) 9,1,2 B) 6

Race 8
A) 6,1A B) 4

Race 9
A) 9,2,10

Race 10
A) 7,2,6 B) 11,10

Paid $1022.90

Sweet Hit Tiggerv! Well constructed ticket dude, you da MAN!!

Rudeboyelvis
02-26-2008, 05:43 PM

Thanks, I'm thrilled with the effort. Both horses that beat us were dropping down substantially and the 11 hole going 6F with a horse that prefers a little extra distance was a lot to ask. Rosemary said she was very impressed with her, that she broke like a shot and ran very evenly on the bit, rolled when asked and has a nice move to her....Once again we ran into a very quick pace (22.2/45.1/57.4/1:11.1) and had a bit of a wide trip (most likely as a result of the post).
Hope we can convince her to ride for us again, she is clearly the best jock at Tampa IMO, and even though she had a ton of mounts today she rode like she wanted to win and never gave up on the horse. Most anyone else in the jock colony here would phone a 12-1 in after taking 7 or 8 mounts previously on the card. She's a class act all the way.

Bigsmc
02-26-2008, 05:58 PM
Thanks, I'm thrilled with the effort. Both horses that beat us were dropping down substantially and the 11 hole going 6F with a horse that prefers a little extra distance was a lot to ask. Rosemary said she was very impressed with her, that she broke like a shot and ran very evenly on the bit, rolled when asked and has a nice move to her....Once again we ran into a very quick pace (22.2/45.1/57.4/1:11.1) and had a bit of a wide trip (most likely as a result of the post).
Hope we can convince her to ride for us again, she is clearly the best jock at Tampa IMO, and even though she had a ton of mounts today she rode like she wanted to win and never gave up on the horse. Most anyone else in the jock colony here would phone a 12-1 in after taking 7 or 8 mounts previously on the card. She's a class act all the way.

Word on the street is that the 7 is going to the breeding shed, so you won't be getting that quick pace next out.

Nice run by your girl.

tiggerv
02-26-2008, 07:43 PM

Better post and a shorter trip and she will be right there. The winner got a great trip that race.

Rudeboyelvis
02-26-2008, 07:46 PM
Word on the street is that the 7 is going to the breeding shed, so you won't be getting that quick pace next out.

Nice run by your girl.
Thanks Bigs - was hoping the 7 would run back to the form of her last race and we could sit off the 4 till she faded, hoping to have enough run to hold off the 2..Just couldn't get enough jump from the 11th post to save ground and had a wide trip the whole way...impressed with her stretch run, hopefully the new book will have something little more to her liking distance wise - any word on LS?

Bigsmc
02-26-2008, 08:29 PM
Thanks Bigs - was hoping the 7 would run back to the form of her last race and we could sit off the 4 till she faded, hoping to have enough run to hold off the 2..Just couldn't get enough jump from the 11th post to save ground and had a wide trip the whole way...impressed with her stretch run, hopefully the new book will have something little more to her liking distance wise - any word on LS?

He's still on the farm, responding well and should be back to the track in a week or two.

viscount26
02-27-2008, 07:06 AM
Are you going to make it to Tampa this winter I-Man?

WTF happened to your City boys yesterday? If you don't watch out, you may still lose our bet.....the Spurs are coming (and picked up a little silverware on the way)....:D

Sorry MIke,
I missed this yesterday. Kickin my rear in public now eh:D
Looks like Tampa is a no for this meet. We will be at Keeneland for the Blue Grass week-end though. Spurs did indeed pick up a little silverware, sort of :D

Rudeboyelvis
02-27-2008, 02:45 PM
Word on the street is that the 7 is going to the breeding shed.

Well, that horse has screwed me twice - guess it's her turn....lol