PDA

View Full Version : How about that Gomez

Hoisttheflag
06-01-2006, 04:52 PM
4 wins on the day.

slotdirt
06-01-2006, 04:54 PM
I don't have a dog in this Gomez fight, but honestly, I don't think it does anybody any good to toss insults around just because two obviously knowledgeable posters have a difference in opinion on a particular jock.

Not asked for, but that's my $.02. Personally, I prefer Gerald Almodovar at Charles Town anyway.

Hoisttheflag
06-01-2006, 04:58 PM
I was kidding, but considering I won the Belmont Challenge here today on the contest board with my brilliant pick in the ninth at Belmont, I guess I know my stuff. ;)

Skip away
06-01-2006, 05:00 PM
It wasnt an insult, merely a fact. Get over yourself Slotdirt. Whats right is right. This jockey has been the brunt of bashings since he took over for Pletcher, cant somebody give credit where credit is due? That ride in the 7th was brilliant. Anybody who can get a Tesher horse home first should be donned KING! :cool:

slotdirt
06-01-2006, 05:06 PM
It wasnt an insult, merely a fact. Get over yourself Slotdirt. Whats right is right. This jockey has been the brunt of bashings since he took over for Pletcher, cant somebody give credit where credit is due? That ride in the 7th was brilliant. Anybody who can get a Tesher horse home first should be donned KING! :cool:
Get over myself? I apologize for being out of line in encouraging civility amongst DT posters. I'll surely refrain from any such pleasantries in the future.

slotdirt
06-01-2006, 05:06 PM
I was kidding, but considering I won the Belmont Challenge here today on the contest board with my brilliant pick in the ninth at Belmont, I guess I know my stuff. ;)
And HTF, I wasn't referring to you as the insulter, incidentally. I just didn't post what I thought on the previous thread.

oracle80
06-01-2006, 05:34 PM
And HTF, I wasn't referring to you as the insulter, incidentally. I just didn't post what I thought on the previous thread.
So you are saying that a guy who wins 1 race in four days on heavily favored horses who then has a good day is the greatest?
I guess i don't see what you are saying. Yeah, he obviously rode well today. But I don't hear you commenting about the nightmare 4 days in which he destroyed the publics, owners, and trainers money. What have you to say about those 4 days. Are you saying one good day erases 4 horrendous ones?

Cajungator26
06-01-2006, 05:38 PM
Get over myself? I apologize for being out of line in encouraging civility amongst DT posters. I'll surely refrain from any such pleasantries in the future.

This is a great post slot. Love the word usage... :D

hoovesupsideyourhead
06-01-2006, 05:38 PM
So you are saying that a guy who wins 1 race in four days on heavily favored horses who then has a good day is the greatest?
I guess i don't see what you are saying. Yeah, he obviously rode well today. But I don't hear you commenting about the nightmare 4 days in which he destroyed the publics, owners, and trainers money. What have you to say about those 4 days. Are you saying one good day erases 4 horrendous ones?
the first race was not a good or even average ride...in fact chantell southrland would have won on that horse lol

oracle80
06-01-2006, 05:44 PM
the first race was not a good or even average ride...in fact chantell southrland would have won on that horse lol
Yeah that first race ride was JUST BRILLIANT! LOL!!
he gave one great ride today, that was to the winner of the 7th race. I would say he gave an above average ride in the 8th as well, he outbroke all the speed and sent her. I know that seem strange, praising a guy for a horse who wins by open lengths but it was good startegy to break and go. On the two Pletchers, a ten pound bug would have gotten them home. No biggie there. And then of course he blew the 1st. Not perfect, but better than the carnage he left by the side of the road over the previous 4 days when he went 1-21