PDA

View Full Version : Places to eat in saratoga

harvhorse
07-15-2006, 07:22 PM
I will be going up to Saratoga(for the first time in about 20 years) Aug.22-24. Would like some reccomendations for reasonable places to eat. Two for dinner and a couple for breakfest. Is siro's a good place for breakfest? will welcome any reccomendations.
May the horse be with you

westcoastinvader
07-15-2006, 09:51 PM
Lots of folks here have been to Saratoga more than me........

some LIVE nearby!

but, I'll submit it's hard to go wrong.

Wander the street after the races, look for what feels right for your personal tastes, and it's nearly impossible to go wrong.

I will suggest not to bank on the food of the local Bed & Breakfasts. It's hard to significantly disappoint me, but I was significantly disappointed with my more than average price B&B.

My "hearty fresh Irish breakfast" advertised was frozen link boxed sausage, and frozen biscuts, and frozen packaged hash browns.

It still pisses me off.

That said, I wish I was going to Saratoga this year.

Have a good time!

oracle80
07-16-2006, 10:11 AM
Breakfast- Uncommon Grounds or Comptons. Grounds has the greatest coffee you ever tasted and tasty bagels, etc.
Comptons is a diner type place on Broadway with lightning fast service and good cheap food. EIther one is great depending on your mood.

kenny p
07-16-2006, 01:22 PM
definitely try The Wishing Well in Wilton.

kenny p
07-16-2006, 01:23 PM
Oh and i forget The horseshoe Grill right by the track.

Downthestretch55
07-16-2006, 01:33 PM
P J's. Cheap and good.

TheSpyder
07-16-2006, 01:45 PM
Kenny P's right, the Wishing Well although pricy is as much of Saratoga history as the houses and track.

Wheatfields is good but they have off nights when it's crowded, still an outside table along Broadway is a must one night just to watch and take it all in.

I like Gaffneys on their back porch for a reasonable dinner, live music and the bar is sometimes hopping.

I can't remember the restaurant on Phila street but is was excellent.

By far the best thing to do is take 30 min. and walk around, check out menus, and you'll find what you like.

What a great place!

TeddyRex
07-16-2006, 03:07 PM
I lived in Saratoga for four years, visit there often, and consider it home. Some of the eatery advice here is way off base. Places to eat:

Breakfast? Uncommon Grounds, great choice. But hell, let's get off Broadway, Gander. Try Shirley's. A ton of food, great prices. Or howabout Bizbees? Prices are good, and the food is great. If I had to pick just one, it would be Bizbee's by a nose over Uncommon Grounds. Don't go to Starbucks. That's for tourists that don't know better. Alternatively, Go to the Bread Basket EARLY in the morning. Get yourself a pastry and a juice and HEAD OVER to the track and watch the workouts. Go into the rich people seats, you know what I am talking about, and have a seat. They are open to the general public in the morning hours. There is a nice lady named MARY RYAN who commentates the workout.

Lunch? Depends on what you are looking for. The Pink Deli on the west side of town has great burgers and super prices. The China Wok on Broadway is ok, not as good as they used to be but ok. Stay away from PJ's. OVERPRICED FOOD. We ate there once a year. The day they opened it up as a way to celebrate spring. Other than that we considered it very overpriced. My suggestion is ROMA'S, they make great sandwiches. I also liked the deli sandwiches at FIVE POINTS. Also very good. I also would tell you to stay away from Spring Street Deli. They hate the racetrack crowd, and most of their help have their heads in the clouds. (disclaimer: I also had a VERY BAD experience in there= AVOID). Humpty Dumpty also has good, fresh subs. If I had to pick one? Roma's would be the choice.

Dinner? Depends on what you could avoid. Never have liked Wheatfields. One Caroline is VERY EXPENSIVE in my book ($60 for one dinner is very expensive on my teacher's pay). Try Gaffney's and SIT OUTSIDE if you can. 43 Phila is also out of my ballpark, but very good. Bailey's is a good choice. Good food, reasonable prices. The WIshing Well, also expensive and worth it. If I had to pick one? Gaffney's would be the choice.

TeddyRex
07-16-2006, 04:15 PM
To be taken as "disagreeable" without being "disagreeable":

How do you know Gafney's takes it straight from the freezer??? I doubt that you do.

I will be in Saratoga for opening week, please meet me at One Caroline's and point out that $30 meal. I doubt you would be able to.

Uncommon Grounds beats the hell out of Starbucks. If you have a taste for the generic corporate america, that's your right.

You AND your wife split a PJ's????? You guys need to start eating better. Besides, I would hardly call PJ's "barbecue", much less "good barbacue." :eek:

Kasept
07-16-2006, 05:16 PM
Couple of notes..

While the recco's are all well-meaning, let me make a few suggestions..

The best, most consistent restaurant in town since 1982-83 is SPERRY'S.. Period. There's no discussion.. Ridge and his staff can be counted on time and again for perfectly executed upscale continental/tavern fare that is on a par with any joint of it's ilk..

The best addition to the Saratoga dining front in a long time is BEEKMAN ST. BISTRO.. Run by 2 partners, a front of the house guy and a brilliant young chef who spent a lot of time developing craft in San Fran and Portland, there is nothing like it within 200 miles. I can't even begin to give an explanation of it except to say that the rather exclusive track clientelle I directed there last summer were blown away by it.

The concept/menu change two years ago at the SPRINGWATER has made it something it never was, an 'occasion destination'.. The food is overly pretentious to suit me, and its' become pricey, but what I've had the last two years there has been very good... CHEZ SOPHIE is exquisite and authentic French, and our man "BTW" adores it, but it's not my cup of tea.. RIPE TOMATO towards Malta is good, uniform, mammouth-portioned and square-priced and fun, but be prepared to wait any night during the meet.. If you've got a group, are familiar and like the Family-style Italian concept at Carmine's in NYC or Maggiano's (nartionally), SERGIO'S is quite OK and then some..

There is literally nowhere else in town as special as the first two choices... You'll be disappointed almost anywhere else you go.

If you want something fun and cheap and don't mind a 20 minute sojourn to Glens Falls, take 87 North to Exit 18, head East on Glen St. towards downtown and discover TALK OF THE TOWN Pizzeria. Difficult to describe except to say it's an institution as a bar-tavern-pizza joint and a place I go religiously. Tell Bill at the bar or Craig the headwaiter that Steve from Carolina BBQ sent you. (But check the bill carefully). Bring a group and order pitchers of beer and 5-6 pizzas. The "cheeseburger" and "bbq chix" are 2 specialties, but the classics (pepp, etc.) are my preference. You'll feed 8 people for about $100..

Another fun drive is out towards my neck of the woods (Greenwich).. On the way before you reach Schuylerville is FARMER'S DAUGHTER, your basic New England Dairy Bar with very good burgers and ice cream. About 8 miles East of Saratoga on 29 East. They have a clever twisted Orange/Cream out of the soft serve machine which has become a bit of a trademark item for them.. For exceptional ice cream, drive further on 29 East into Greenwich, aon the left just past the Washington County Fairgrounds is ICE CREAM MAN. Super premium fresh-daily, small batch ice cream. About 26-30 flavors. Ask if they have any "private stock" Philadelphia Vanilla made with the real thing, Madagascar Vanillia Bean Fleck..

Oh, and places to avoid at all costs? PJ's (dreadful, over-priced, an embarassment); Lillian's (better last time I was there, but still utterly ordinary); Wishing Well (deserving of demolition)..

And of course I've failed to mention that on-track, I expect anyone to come see me at my CAROLINA BARBECUE across from the Carousel tele-theater.. Now featuring a beautiful hardwood patio deck. The only outdoor seating establishment on the track, and the best food on the grounds... By a wide margin.

Steve

TheSpyder
07-16-2006, 05:44 PM
I guess no one has mentioned Ciros as no one can afford it. If you win big and have the bucks, it's a great dinner with service that warrants the money you're shelling out. Its worth it if you can afford it. Now you locals will say its not but come on, were on vacation at the Spa!

hoovesupsideyourhead
07-16-2006, 06:50 PM
Couple of notes..

While the recco's are all well-meaning, let me make a few suggestions..

The best, most consistent restaurant in town since 1982-83 is SPERRY'S.. Period. There's no discussion.. Ridge and his staff can be counted on time and again for perfectly executed upscale continental/tavern fare that is on a par with any joint of it's ilk..

The best addition to the Saratoga dining front in a long time is BEEKMAN ST. BISTRO.. Run by 2 partners, a front of the house guy and a brilliant young chef who spent a lot of time developing craft in San Fran and Portland, there is nothing like it within 200 miles. I can't even begin to give an explanation of it except to say that the rather exclusive track clientelle I directed there last summer were blown away by it.

The concept/menu change two years ago at the SPRINGWATER has made it something it never was, an 'occasion destination'.. The food is overly pretentious to suit me, and its' become pricey, but what I've had the last two years there has been very good... CHEZ SOPHIE is exquisite and authentic French, and our man "BTW" adores it, but it's not my cup of tea.. RIPE TOMATO towards Malta is good, uniform, mammouth-portioned and square-priced and fun, but be prepared to wait any night during the meet.. If you've got a group, are familiar and like the Family-style Italian concept at Carmine's in NYC or Maggiano's (nartionally), SERGIO'S is quite OK and then some..

There is literally nowhere else in town as special as the first two choices... You'll be disappointed almost anywhere else you go.

If you want something fun and cheap and don't mind a 20 minute sojourn to Glens Falls, take 87 North to Exit 18, head East on Glen St. towards downtown and discover TALK OF THE TOWN Pizzeria. Difficult to describe except to say it's an institution as a bar-tavern-pizza joint and a place I go religiously. Tell Bill at the bar or Craig the headwaiter that Steve from Carolina BBQ sent you. (But check the bill carefully). Bring a group and order pitchers of beer and 5-6 pizzas. The "cheeseburger" and "bbq chix" are 2 specialties, but the classics (pepp, etc.) are my preference. You'll feed 8 people for about $100..

Another fun drive is out towards my neck of the woods (Greenwich).. On the way before you reach Schuylerville is FARMER'S DAUGHTER, your basic New England Dairy Bar with very good burgers and ice cream. About 8 miles East of Saratoga on 29 East. They have a clever twisted Orange/Cream out of the soft serve machine which has become a bit of a trademark item for them.. For exceptional ice cream, drive further on 29 East into Greenwich, aon the left just past the Washington County Fairgrounds is ICE CREAM MAN. Super premium fresh-daily, small batch ice cream. About 26-30 flavors. Ask if they have any "private stock" Philadelphia Vanilla made with the real thing, Madagascar Vanillia Bean Fleck..

Oh, and places to avoid at all costs? PJ's (dreadful, over-priced, an embarassment); Lillian's (better last time I was there, but still utterly ordinary); Wishing Well (deserving of demolition)..

And of course I've failed to mention that on-track, I expect anyone to come see me at my CAROLINA BARBECUE across from the Carousel tele-theater.. Now featuring a beautiful hardwood patio deck. The only outdoor seating establishment on the track, and the best food on the grounds... By a wide margin.

Steve
gimme a beef wt with peppers..lol....and garden era....

TeddyRex
07-16-2006, 07:02 PM
You are kind of like my wife. She proves my point in every argument.

For somebody that says he is a "life time resident" of Saratoga, I find it humorous that you can't give a single dining suggestion that isn't on Broadway. Either you haven't been paying attention, or you have a tough time getting out.

Don't really care what the help looks like at UG. As long as their stuff is good and the service is up to par.

Sperry's, I forgot that one. I like Sperry's too.

For somebody that says thats PJ's is one of the best places to eat (can you say TOURIST TRAP), you sure are dismissive of Gafney's. Personally, I can't think of too many places that I would rather be on a hot summer Saratoga evening. Sitting on the patio and slowly getting buzzed. Next thing you will say is that Pope's is the best "italian food" you have ever tasted.

Thanks for the on-line menu at Caroline's, but those are HARDLY their August prices. Again, for a long time resident, you sure are dense about the price runups during track season. Personally, I would rather spend my money at Chianti's (Another place that is often missed by TOURISTS).

And one more place, for East Coast Mexican food, try out Leon's. Another off-Broadway location.

TeddyRex
07-16-2006, 07:34 PM
Someone disagrees with you and you want to fight all of a sudden? I will be totally able to spit the truth in your face. I will be there from 7/25 to 8/1. Tell me where to line up! haha.

For somebody that is so elitest about where you live, you are so utterly clueless. The food that you give advice for is laughable. Wheatfield's and Spring Street Deli! haha, that cracks me up! And to tell somebody to go down Union as soon as the 9th race is over is even funnier. Come on! You really don't travel down Union after the races do you? That wouldn't surprise me either. Get out and learn your town.

blackthroatedwind
07-16-2006, 07:59 PM
First of all, let's discuss PJs...now I am a food snob and eat in some of the best restaurants in NYC fairly frequently and Gander is 100% correct. PJ's is excellent barbeque and considered as such from people not only in the Saratoga area but also from out of town. The person knocking their food is DEAD wrong.

As far as the claim about finding restaurants ON Broadway, well, perhaps Wheatfields is edible but up until this year probably the Wine Bar is the only place you want to eat there. Now, Chez Sophie has moved to what used to be the Sheraton so there is one spectacular place on Broadway. Chez Sophie is so good it would thrive in NYC and there are VERY few places you can say that about in Saratoga. I also think Lanci's is very good. To be perfectly honest those are the only two truly good places in town. Well, that's not totally fair, as the Beekman Street Bistro is very good and apparantly a new place has moved in next door, I think, that may also be good.

I do eat fairly often at One Caroline and it is physically a great place. The girl who sings there a lot in the summer is terrific. However, the food is mediocre at best and I personally don't particularly like their menu. Gander is correct that it is hardly pricy and in line with the rest of the places in town.

The Springwater is good but their attitude wore me out and I no longer eat there. I don't need attitude from the hostess after being held up for 45 minutes for my table...especially after it has happened three times in a row. Chameleons, which is owned by a former partner at the Springwater, is a short drive out of town and while it has a limited menu it is pretty good.

On Beverly's....it's great. I just wish my mornings were less hectic and I could eat there more often. There have been summers I ate breakfast there every day.

blackthroatedwind
07-16-2006, 08:03 PM
And, I hope nobody was seriously recommending Gaffney's food. That would be silly.

TheSpyder
07-16-2006, 09:03 PM
OK, I have it:

Uncommon Grounds 5/2: Early speed (breakfast) and fast

PJ's: 4/1 Consistantly in the money

Wishing Well: 7/2: Old Timer with something left?

Siros: 4/1 Class of the field. Can they carry 145 lbs.?

One Caroline: 6/1 Has class but speed to finish?

Sperrys: 7/1 Heavely touted

Starbucks: 8/1 Always consistant

Wheatfields: 9/1 Italian invader

Nine Maples: 10/1 On milkshake (too many drinks)? isn't that another thread?

BEEKMAN ST. BISTRO.. 10/1: Can this 3yo challenge?

Springwater 13/1: Inconsistant head strong Philly

Field: 20/1

Ben & Jerry's: 25/1: Couples entry always cold

Chez Sophie: 25/1 French invader has class but can he take on field

Carollina Barbeque: 30/1 Southern bread, OK with Southern bread
may have heart attack during race due to high colesteral

There you have it. Place your best

Independent George
07-16-2006, 09:13 PM
Hey Havhorse...are you as confused as I am ? Got "yays" and "nays" for every restaurant in town. I'm afraid to go out when I get there. I'm thinkin' of either bringing the Zagat's Guide or a cooler full of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

Kasept
07-17-2006, 07:11 AM
Carollina Barbeque: 30/1 Southern bread, OK with Southern bread

While our BBQ recipe was 'bred' in South Carolina, our stable is composed of PA and NY-breds..

(Regarding our actual 'bread', it's a fresh daily 'steak' roll from the outstanding Schnectady area Italian standardbearer Mt. Pleasant Bakery...)

The price above is an epic overlay... I'd box me.. Carolina BBQ with Sperry's/Beekman..

SentToStud
07-17-2006, 07:41 AM
gimme a beef wt with peppers..lol....and garden era....

still go out of my way for Mr. Beef when I go back. Usually on Harlem on NW side unless Midway, ... then Ogden St in Berwyn.

Combo wet with hot giardenairre. Winter I don't miss. Mr. Beef, got it bad.

johnny pinwheel
07-17-2006, 09:55 AM
siros is a good place to party but i wouldn't eat there. the wishing well is excellent as been already stated. breakfast at beverlys is good, my son cooks there, its on phila st. i like italian food. if you do too go to augies in ballston spa. its family style and the food is great.

blackthroatedwind
07-17-2006, 10:31 AM
siros is a good place to party but i wouldn't eat there. the wishing well is excellent as been already stated. breakfast at beverlys is good, my son cooks there, its on phila st. i like italian food. if you do too go to augies in ballston spa. its family style and the food is great.

You wouldn't eat at Siro's but the Wishing Well is excellent.

Your son cooks at Bev's?

I'm speaking to Michael.

johnny pinwheel
07-17-2006, 12:46 PM
don't get me wrong, siros is good, i have friends there. but its always a mob seen. i don't like being crowded when i eat. after the 9th its a mass exodus to that place. i go there to drink and hear the band , if you are a tourist, i guess it would be different .

Gander
07-17-2006, 12:47 PM
LOL. I know Michael too.

blackthroatedwind
07-17-2006, 12:59 PM
don't get me wrong, siros is good, i have friends there. but its always a mob seen. i don't like being crowded when i eat. after the 9th its a mass exodus to that place. i go there to drink and hear the band , if you are a tourist, i guess it would be different .

I'm not a tourist. I grew up in Saratoga, moving there in 1973 when I was 11, and I have spent every racing season of my life there since then. My parents still live there.

I do agree that the restaurant is a mob scene however and eat there infrequently. I drink there every day after the races and try NOT to hear the bands.

johnny pinwheel
07-17-2006, 02:23 PM
I'm not a tourist. I grew up in Saratoga, moving there in 1973 when I was 11, and I have spent every racing season of my life there since then. My parents still live there.

I do agree that the restaurant is a mob scene however and eat there infrequently. I drink there every day after the races and try NOT to hear the bands.
me too, my folks moved here in 1969. the only time i left was during my navy career. grew up on north street, about 6 blocks from the track. started "sneaking bets" when i was 15. when someone asks me about dinner i'm not going to send them to the obvious places like siros,broadway or caroline st. i actually avoid eating at those during the season just because of the crowds. and bev's is good for breakfast. juniors been working there since he was 14. he started as a dishwasher and has done every job in there. so if you've eaten there you've probably seen or met him . he's been there longer than everyone next to michael himself. with a name like blackthroatedwind i thought you might like live music. whats wrong with the bands at siros?

blackthroatedwind
07-17-2006, 03:17 PM
How many times can you listen to Mustang Sally? It is nice to see that someone here has heard, or heard of, Black Throated Wind. Now if Siro's had a band that played that.....

Gander
07-17-2006, 03:26 PM
Black-
Its crazy, I cant stand the cover bands Siros passes off as entertainment either! Mustang Sally brings me a migraine. Last thing I want to hear after a losing day at the track.

blackthroatedwind
07-17-2006, 03:32 PM
I think it's unfortunate they only want cover bands and won't hire bands that play their own material but I guess that's what their customers want. To be honest, though, the music doesn't affect me one way or the other and I enjoy going there after the races.

Gander
07-17-2006, 03:39 PM
I only go if I am entertaining out of town guests and they must go to Siros, which is understandable given its reputation as a "must go place". I am not a big drinker, I'd rather go home and eat, exercise, or read tomorrow's form.
On the occasion I want to have a few pops, I much prefer tailgating with close friends or there is this small hot dog/hamburger stand which sells beer immediately when you leave the Nelson Ave exit, its right by Siros. The prices are much better and the people that hang there arent nearly as pretentious.

PSH
07-17-2006, 06:07 PM
Went to Siro's last year and thought it was definitely not worth what one paid for.

Definitely an overlay....

Gander
07-17-2006, 06:19 PM
You talking dinner or drinks?
I can see how someone may think $7 for 1 can of Corona or Heineken may be too much.

harvhorse
07-17-2006, 06:23 PM
Many thanks for your reccomendations. I will deffinatly see you at the track.

Bold Brooklynite
07-18-2006, 02:16 PM
Let's be honest, folks ...

... there are no good restaurants in Saratoga.

There are plenty of places which serve wholesome, sanitary food ... which will satiate your hunger ... and sometimes empty your wallet ... but none of it is "good" in terms of being much better than what you could rustle up yourself at home ... or get in your local hometown restaurants.

Saratoga ... like England ... has many wonderful attractions ... but good food isn't one of them.

dellinger63
07-18-2006, 05:13 PM
they got a Mr Beef now in Park Ridge if that helps.

dellinger63
07-18-2006, 05:21 PM
anyone ever heard of the Grey Gelding restaurant. My business partner met the owner and had an incredible time with him a couple of weeks back. That's definately going to be one stop but of course the boys from Chicago will be a Kapset's place daily at the track.

Gander
07-18-2006, 06:41 PM
Yes the Gray Gelding is a new restaurant/bar on the main street here. Walked by it the other night, looks nice. They have the horse theme going on there.

Miller
07-18-2006, 07:26 PM
You said you haven't been there in twenty years. If you went to a good spot then there is a good chance that some of the ones that make the yearly pilgramage will still be asking for you. For me it was "The Well" and "Chez Pierre".
Have to admit that without "Mary" and "Pete" at the "Well" things weren't as good for us. Still find Pete when we hit the bars in town.

To tell ourselves we had a little class we went to the "Gideon" for breakfast one of the mornings we were there. For more class we always had a stop at "The Mexican Connection" after going in and checking out horses at "Greentree".
Unfortunately for me my age caught up to me but my younger buddies still go and are still enjoying the old standbys and many of the other suggestions already mentioned in other posts. I can only reminisce.
Your Tues to Thurs stay will pretty well allow you to go wherever you want.
Enjoy!!!!

NoCarolinaTony
07-18-2006, 10:19 PM
As A Carolinian,

I can vouch for Carolina Barbeque as best food on the grounds. Authentic and real, served with a touch of class that is not found any where else on the grounds, period!!

I don't want to acknowledge any of you New "Yawkers" who claim they know anything about food just because you're a New "Yawker" . You guys are way too close minded and think way too highly of the NEY York Experience as being the best of this or that (and I mean NYC people not the upstaters). I travel around the USA and World, and grew up as a NEW YAWKER. I respect it, and it has provided me an invaluable experience but....Get over yourselves, it's not the only place in the world that has good food or provides an great experience. Paris, Munich, Milan, Rome, Barcellona, Frankfurt,Tokyo..Chicago..LA.. Phoeinix, ..even Charlotte NC has very good places to dine

Bottom Line is I love NY and respect it. However, please understand the world does not begin and end in NYC alone. Live and experience the rest of the world a little bit.

In fact, strange as it may sound I've had my best meal Italian in Munich Germany in a small place called Picolit....

NC Tony

dellinger63
07-18-2006, 10:30 PM
I want to thank you for not including London which has to have the worst food for a major city.

Bold Brooklynite
07-18-2006, 10:45 PM
I travel around the USA and World, and grew up as a NEW YAWKER.
Ahhh ... but Tony ... it isn't New Yawker ...

... it's N'Yawkuh.

You should've remembered that.

And as you can tell ... I'm not from N'Yawk ... I'm from Brooklyn.

NoCarolinaTony
07-19-2006, 03:40 PM
Better yet...I "used to" be from Brooklyn once too.... Myrtle & Knickerbocker Ave's.

NC Tony

NoCarolinaTony
07-19-2006, 03:43 PM
My Pleasure....

NC Tony

TeddyRex
07-19-2006, 04:53 PM
I would have to agree with the statement that there isn't really any GREAT food in Saratoga. One Caroline is close though. But my best in many catagories are elsewhere:

Chinese: Cafe 407, Highland Park, Texas
Italian: Lombardo's, Albany, NY
BBQ: Sonny Bryan's, Dallas, Texas
Mexican: Ana Mia's, Southlake, Texas
Americana: Main Street Cafe, Grapevine, TX
Just a good sandwich: Putnam's, Saratoga
Breakfast: Bizbees, Wilton, NY

Not that this means anything to anybody, Point being, that I can't identify anything as the best in Saratoga(changed my mind, see above). It seems to me that most of the eateries live for the year off of the coming 6 weeks.

With that in mind, anybody interested in a partnership into buying the old Saratoga Brew Pub?

Gander
07-19-2006, 07:32 PM
Ahhh, the Old Saratoga Brew Pub. Where I use to spend every Thursday night downing $1 pints like water, before I was married. Unfortunately I am too poor to go into any endeavors like that at the moment. Hey Teddy, were you still in Saratoga when it became O' Callahans? Must have been for only 6 months or so but man they had very good food, at least the chicken parmesan and the steak. I live about a full 8 iron away from there.

I would agree about Lombardos, wow what italian food. Easily worth the 35-40 minute drive.

So you live in good old Texas now? You like it? My wife lived in Austin, TX for 2 years (right before I met her) and her brother still does.

There is a chance I too may soon be exiled out of Saratoga to take a job in New Jersey. I'll find out in the next coming weeks. Part of me wants to get the job, but the part of me that loves horse racing hopes I get rejected. Which part will come out in the interview?

Independent George
07-19-2006, 09:17 PM
Ahhh, the Old Saratoga Brew Pub. Where I use to spend every Thursday night downing $1 pints like water, before I was married. Unfortunately I am too poor to go into any endeavors like that at the moment. Hey Teddy, were you still in Saratoga when it became O' Callahans? Must have been for only 6 months or so but man they had very good food, at least the chicken parmesan and the steak. I live about a full 8 iron away from there.

I would agree about Lombardos, wow what italian food. Easily worth the 35-40 minute drive.

So you live in good old Texas now? You like it? My wife lived in Austin, TX for 2 years (right before I met her) and her brother still does.

There is a chance I too may soon be exiled out of Saratoga to take a job in New Jersey. I'll find out in the next coming weeks. Part of me wants to get the job, but the part of me that loves horse racing hopes I get rejected. Which part will come out in the interview?

If you walk in with the Racing Form under your arm, they're gonna know.

ArlJim78
07-19-2006, 10:30 PM
If you walk in with the Racing Form under your arm, they're gonna know.

Yeah, and then you could start off the interview like this...

"say, before we get going, do you happen to have the scratches for Monmouth"

Bold Brooklynite
07-19-2006, 11:34 PM
Better yet...I "used to" be from Brooklyn once too.... Myrtle & Knickerbocker Ave's.

Woooo ... tough neighborhood ... you must be Tough Tony ...

... the daily special in the restaurants in that neighborhood ... is Broken Leg Of Lamb.

TeddyRex
07-19-2006, 11:55 PM
I moved in September of '04, came back into town to check on my house (realtor, Cathy Allen sucked) and was SHOCKED that the Brew Pub was gone. Went in and tried to talk the owner out of the "Surrender at Saratoga" lithogram that used to be on the second floor. Tried to buy it from him, but he would only say he would think about it.

I haven't checked into the price, but I would LOVE to buy the place and turn it into a drinking bar. I think it would do great. I used to drink the "Mile and a Quarter Porter" in there. Tasted suspiciously like Guiness.

If you love where you live why move? Texas sucks. It's too freaking hot. Austin is pretty cool though. But the people in Dallas-Fort Worth are too materialistic. AND the horses at Lone Star are absolutely awful.

johnny pinwheel
07-20-2006, 07:04 AM
How many times can you listen to Mustang Sally? It is nice to see that someone here has heard, or heard of, Black Throated Wind. Now if Siro's had a band that played that.....
oh i know the music isn't the best. of course i know what black throated wind is. but a place near the track in saratoga won't go for that music even though its great! its not just about the music , i like to unwind have a beer and take in the atmosphere after studying the form all day. as for the six dollar beers there , why do you think the horseshoe is doing so well? the same beer is 3 or 4 and the food is about a third of the price of siros.

Gander
07-20-2006, 08:06 AM
If you love where you live why move? Texas sucks.

I was lucky enough to find a decent job in Saratoga but my wife is struggling to find something. She is also quite a bit younger than me and while she likes Saratoga for the beauty, I think she may want someplace that offers more excitement and a better opportunity for a career. Saratoga doesnt have much in the way of business.

I wouldnt live in Texas for twice my salary now. Just not my scene, but thats why they make chocolate & vanilla.

Not crazy about New Jersey either but my wife does have lots of relatives there and its relatively close to NYC and the Northeast in general.

TeddyRex
07-24-2006, 03:20 PM
hmmmmmm, don't know what to say to that. Personally, find a compromise. NJ sounds like a compromise. At least you can still make it to SRC on the important days. I missed the entire meet last year after having a streak of 90 straight racing days!!!! I guess I should be happy to have experienced something that many racing fans will never get or have. I have accumulated many memories there. And I will have to tell you that setting a goal of all 36 racing days is a herculean task. There were days that I didn't feel like going, that I went any way to keep the streak alive. I didn't ever regret being there after I got there (with the exception of spinner days).

As far as the city goes, I will always consider Saratoga home, and now that I have found a respectable teaching job down here I can visit whenever I wish.

Gander
07-24-2006, 03:55 PM
Well it all depends on what kind of offer is made to me. The cost of living in NJ is quite a bit more than it is here, so I will need that and a bit more to take whatever is offered to me (if I get that lucky).

All 36 days? Wow, I think I went 6 times last year and I live 1/2 mile away. That does not include mornings, where I probably went 15. I like the feeling in town during the meet, I dont necessarily have to be at the track to take in track season.

I have a lot of good memories at the track too, but most of them involve my Dad who is no longer alive so the place just isnt the same anymore to me, never will be.

TheSpyder
07-27-2006, 06:11 PM
OK, gotta go. Looks like August 16-17 midweek so hopefully not too crowded. Been there many times but wondering names of small motels off the exit where I'd have the best chance to get room at a decent price. You guys that live there can you help me?? I think it's off exit 7 if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks,
Spyder from SC

oracle80
07-28-2006, 07:03 AM
OK, gotta go. Looks like August 16-17 midweek so hopefully not too crowded. Been there many times but wondering names of small motels off the exit where I'd have the best chance to get room at a decent price. You guys that live there can you help me?? I think it's off exit 7 if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks,
Spyder from SC

Spyder baby! Its called the Microtel and its off exit 7. Very cheap with few amenities but its very clean. All Microtel's are. Its a nice chain for guys who are traveling alone and are going to be out most of the day and don't need a pool, exercise room, etc. Just a good clean cheap room at a lower price.
When you are going to Saratoga you are going to be out of the room excpet for sleeping so why the hell would you need the Taj Mahal? Total waste to get an expensive fancy room that you won't be in except to sleep.
I send many out of town friends there. Its RIGHT off the exit and there is a restaurant across the street that you can eat and have a few beers at after you make your way back down. Its about 25 mins TOPS from room to track.
The phone number is (518) 782-9162 and I highly recommend it for people coming in from out of town who dont want to pay 1000 bucks for four nights.

Seattleallstar
07-28-2006, 08:05 AM
just point me to the Golden Corral plz

oracle80
07-28-2006, 08:09 AM
just point me to the Golden Corral plz
The Golden Corral is actually not a bad place at all, especially if you are on a no carb/low carb diet. The sirloin is very good as is the rotisserie chicken and the salad bar is fantastic. Plenty of fresh vegetables as well. Very cheap for the quality of food you get if you are obviously not looking to go fancy and want to get a quick bite to eat.
In your case though Jerry I don't think its a good idea for you to dine there.

Seattleallstar
07-28-2006, 08:10 AM
ive been really good about staying away from those types of places for a long while, but sometimes i feel like taking the 2 hour bus ride

TheSpyder
07-28-2006, 06:39 PM
Oracle,

Your the man! Thanks a bunch...owe you a beer when I'm there.

Spyder from SC

oracle80
07-29-2006, 07:23 AM
Oracle,

Your the man! Thanks a bunch...owe you a beer when I'm there.

Spyder from SC

Ah shoot spyder its no big deal. I hate to see people pay tourist rates to visit here. Saratoga can be done very effectively on a low budget, its just that you need to ask someone who lives here how to go about it.
Blackthroat already mentioned the parking situation on White Street, etc.
But I am going to give you and all a little tip sheet on how to cut down costs of attending the track if you are a tourist right here and now. Happy savings!

1) NEVER pay to park!! Unbeknownst to most tourists, all those side streets that surround the racetrack have absolutely free parking with no time limits. Just get there a tad early, and drive around until you see a free spot. Often I see tourists pulling into a parking lot and paying ten bucks to park when free spots are actually available CLOSER than the parking lot is.
2)If you don't care about going out at night to carouse in town, stay at a place like the Microtel down in Latham at exit 7(see above post for phone number and info) and save a TON of money.
3) Breakfast in town is best and cheapest as well at two places. Uncommon Grounds on Broadway has simply incedible coffee and good bagels and pastries. Air conditioned and has every daily newspaper in the area as well as NYC papers for FREE to read on a rack inside the place. Also has wifi for laptops. 2 dollars and change will get you a refillable cup of coffee and a bagel with all the papers you can read for free. Comptons across the street is a luncheonette with typical breakfast fare. You order a meal its there in less than 2 minutes hot in front of you. Not fancy, but good hot breakfast food at a very low price.
4) At the track try Steve's Carolina BBQ stand for lunch instead of those ridiculously priced full meals on the patio or terrace. 5.75 at Steves stand will get you a delicious smoked meat sandwich or BBq sandwich with choice of two side dishes that you can eat at shaded pinice tables right behind his stand. Only suckers sit at those tables(where you have to pay 20 bucks just to get a seat and then buy a 15 dollar burger) on the patio. There isnt a track view there anyway! Whats the point?
5)Saratoga is best taken in without a formal reserved seat. There are picnic tables all over the grounds or you can bring a cheap dollar store folding chair and plunk down in the shade of a tree. Enables you to roam the grounds and check things out instead of sitting in an uncomfortable hardback chair packed in like a sardine.
6) Instead of being fleeced for dinner afterwards like a sheep. Try a couple of places one exit down the road in malta. The Ripe Tomato on route 9 is not fancy or gourmet but they do a variety of everything and do it well. Soups, salads, italian, steaks, ribs, chicken are all very good and prices are one half of Saratoga rip off joints. I strongly advise it to non gourmets. Right down the road from the Ripe Tomato(take a left when you see the Ripe Tomato) is the legendary Cliff's Country Inn about a half mile. Gargantuan strip steaks and prime rib as well as gargantuan everything else, chicken parm, shrimp scampi, etc. Everything is HUGE in portions and VERY cheap. Not a fancy place, a comfortable atmosphere with sports memorablia on the walls, friendly bartenders, and guranteed to have you walking out so full you may burst with a doggie bag as well. 20 oz strip steak and 20 oz(actually much larger) prime rib are 28.95 but everything else is less than 15 bucks. You won't be able to finish your meal and will be surrounded by laughter and a good atmosphere, and OH the drinks are less than half the price of the ripoff joints in town.

Seattleallstar
07-29-2006, 04:10 PM
Saratoga is just a place for rich white people

2Hot4TV
07-30-2006, 10:26 AM
Saratoga is just a place for rich white people
Son, what is your point.

oracle80
07-31-2006, 07:28 AM
Son, what is your point.
He seldom has a point, he specializes in just saying and doing incredibly stupid things.

kenny p
07-31-2006, 11:41 AM
What an asinine statement.I goto Saratoga every year and have a great time.And i am far from being rich. Have you ever been There?

NoCarolinaTony
08-04-2006, 01:04 AM
Hey Tony, Knickerbocker Ave is a good place to go shopping. But to live there is a different story. It changed alot, in a negative way.

War-

Been over 25 years since I've been there, but that whera it all began so to speak. Would be interesting to visit the old neighborhood at least once...

NC Tony

Downthestretch55
08-04-2006, 03:58 PM
I'm a bit surprised that nobody mentioned the Saratoga Springs farmers' market. High Rock off Lake.
Plenty of good fresh food.
Salad for sure.
Main course...use your imagination. Tomatoes, basil and pasta maybe if you have a cooking place. Fresh green beans on the side?
A fresh melon with a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream on top makes a great desert.

You don't have to be rich to live well in Toga.

The money you save will buy a nice botle of wine to go with your dinner.

Gander
08-04-2006, 09:34 PM
We go every Saturday morning Wayne. 9am. Get there right when it opens and get the best of everything.

pmacdaddy
07-26-2009, 04:37 PM
I know this topic has been fairly beaten up, but any new suggestions for dinner spots?

XIIPointStables
07-26-2009, 04:45 PM
One of the great threads RE: Toga on the board. Have gone to some great places I never would have gone w/out it.

Specifically The Wishing Well. What a great place. We eat, drink and then go sing with the piano player till they kick us out. I love that place!

pmacdaddy
07-26-2009, 06:09 PM
Anyone eat at Maestro's?

Sightseek
07-26-2009, 07:18 PM
Anyone eat at Maestro's?

Love it. Much better than most of the restaurants on Broadway.

Rudeboyelvis
07-26-2009, 07:22 PM
For Italian, you can not beat Auggies in Balston Spa. Definitely eat there your first night because you will have leftovers for a week.

pmacdaddy
07-26-2009, 09:28 PM
Looks like Sperry's is for sale - http://www.realtysaratoga.com/

Open 7 days for the meet. We booked there for Sunday. Giddyeup!

Gander
07-27-2009, 09:25 AM
Anyone eat at Maestro's?

Maestros is excellent. As you would expect the prices arent cheap, but you really get what you pay for. The quality of all the ingredients is apparent when you taste anything on the menu. Personally, I would prefer larger portions, but what you do get is top notch and easily the best (imo) of anything on Broadway.

Gander
07-27-2009, 09:46 AM
Looks like Sperry's is for sale - http://www.realtysaratoga.com/

Open 7 days for the meet. We booked there for Sunday. Giddyeup!

Nice atmosphere with a neat outside bar but the food is just average and the prices are what you would expect for downtown Saratoga (high). Would advise eating somewhere else and only drinking here.

pyramid
07-27-2009, 11:28 AM
I can't believe no one has mentioned Winslow's. It's less than a mile past the Wishing Well on 9N. Great food and large portions for a reasonable price. They specialize in turkey dinners but the rest of the menu is excellent as well. Italian food is very good and steaks are very large. They accept reservations (recommended during race meet). The only negative to note is they don't accept credit cards. Nothing fancy like the Well, but a great meal for a decent price.

Gaelic Storm
07-27-2009, 11:55 AM
I always enjoy The Olde Bryan Inn. I recommend the French Onion Prime Rib Sandwich and the Gorgonzola and Horseradish encrusted strip steak.

Gander
07-27-2009, 02:50 PM
I can't believe no one has mentioned Winslow's. It's less than a mile past the Wishing Well on 9N. Great food and large portions for a reasonable price. They specialize in turkey dinners but the rest of the menu is excellent as well. Italian food is very good and steaks are very large. They accept reservations (recommended during race meet). The only negative to note is they don't accept credit cards. Nothing fancy like the Well, but a great meal for a decent price.

Never been but I live right down the road. Heard the food is pretty good.

Its very hard to believe any restaurant can stay in business not accepting credit cards. That just blows my mind.

pmacdaddy
08-04-2009, 09:03 AM
We.nt to Beverly's for breakfast for the first time yesterday. I'm pretty confident in saying it is among the best breakfast food I have ever eaten.

The blueberry pancakes were like electric chair good.

MaTH716
08-04-2009, 09:16 AM
We ate at Abeels and liked it. Though it seemed that the menu was a bit limited. They also make pizza there if you are bringing kids.
http://www.abeelsrestaurant.com/

If you go to P.J.'s either get a table or try calling in your order and picking it up. Went there prime time the other night and waited 45 minutes just to order. Good food but be wary of having to wait.

pmacdaddy
08-04-2009, 10:05 AM
Sunday dinner at Sperry's was also very enjoyable. After day of emptying coolers at the Track in the rain, anything more refined would have likely been lost on our crew.

The House Patte Plate was a big hit and everyone had the steak Au Poivre. All cooked perfectly to order. Not much drinking by us at dinner, but we ordered a ton off apps and the bill for our party of 8 was less than $50 a head including tip. Everyone left happy
For a group after the track, I would definitely do it again.

On track - the Hatties Fried Chicken sandwich and cucumber salad are well worth checking out.

Back to work, I think I will have a salad today...

Gander
08-04-2009, 10:11 AM
We.nt to Beverly's for breakfast for the first time yesterday. I'm pretty confident in saying it is among the best breakfast food I have ever eaten.

The blueberry pancakes were like electric chair good.

Use to practically live there. Well I actually lived in the closest house to Beverly's (corner of Phila & Henry) and ate at Bevs 4-5 times a week for about 5 years. The food is outstanding there but the prices are just plain silly and I have never been a huge fan of their service.

Blueberry pancakes are probably my favorite breakfast food and Beverlys does them better than anywhere else in Saratoga.

Did you have the coffee there? When I use to go there, they served Green Mountain, which isnt bad, but not that good either.

MaTH716
08-04-2009, 10:15 AM
Damn, we ate at Denny's every morning. :mad: :o

pmacdaddy
08-04-2009, 10:26 AM
Use to practically live there. Well I actually lived in the closest house to Beverly's (corner of Phila & Henry) and ate at Bevs 4-5 times a week for about 5 years. The food is outstanding there but the prices are just plain silly and I have never been a huge fan of their service.

Blueberry pancakes are probably my favorite breakfast food and Beverlys does them better than anywhere else in Saratoga.

Did you have the coffee there? When I use to go there, they served Green Mountain, which isnt bad, but not that good either.

Yup. Green mountain coffee in the jugs like a hotel lobby. That part was just OK.

Sat outside and agree the service was a bit lacking as far as attentiveness. Food more than made up for it though.

The breakfast sausage had some different seasoning. Think maybe it was some curry, delicious My brother got Crab Benedict which was also outstanding. Pancakes were the icing...

I guess I am just used to the "silly" prices we get stuck paying for food in NYC/Long Island. More than a diner, but worth it in my estimation.

Gander
08-04-2009, 10:28 AM
A good compromise between Dennys and Beverlys (you couldnt possibly get more polar opposites), is the Spring Street Deli. Better known for its delicious lunch time sandwiches, Spring Street Deli has very good breakfast sandwiches served on hard rolls. Their egg sandwiches are tasty and they get you your food fast and if you want to sit there, there are plenty of seats.

Located less than 1/2 mile from the racetrack, on the corners of Spring & Court (off of Union Ave). Highly recommend it!

Gander
08-04-2009, 10:29 AM
Yup. Green mountain coffee in the jugs like a hotel lobby. That part was just OK.

Sat outside and agree the service was a bit lacking as far as attentiveness. Food more than made up for it though.

The breakfast sausage had some different seasoning. Think maybe it was some curry, delicious My brother got Crab Benedict which was also outstanding. Pancakes were the icing...

I guess I am just used to the "silly" prices we get stuck paying for food in NYC/Long Island. More than a diner, but worth it in my estimation.

Glad you liked it... You are making me hungry and I may cave, and go there tomorrow!

steve
08-04-2009, 06:46 PM
the big apple---heading towards Malta:)

Princess Doreen
04-26-2010, 08:18 AM
Have either lived or vacationed in the Saratoga environs since I was a kid.

Suggestions for places to eat - 2010

During the meet, we rarely go downtown Saratoga to eat. The place is a zoo, and I don't think the restaurants are all that good to begin with and most are overpriced. Don't mind paying premium prices for a meal if it's a premium meal. Really haven't been able to find that in downtown Saratoga. Loved when Chez Sophie was in that little diner on Route 9 just going into Saratoga.

A few places we'll go to off Broadway in Saratoga

The Parting Glass - great place if you're hungry. I go there just because I love their draft birch beer.

The Horse Shoe - across from the track on Nelson Ave. - breakfast and lunch are great. Pretty crowded and very noisy after the races. Not particularly fond of their dinners.

Sushi Tai on Phila Street. I don't eat sushi, but they have an extensive Tai menu.

Edit to add on Broadway - Broadway Pizzeria - I think it's the best pizza in the area.

Ballston Spa

Augies has already been mentioned, but we never go there during the meet. They don't take reservations, and your clothes will go out of style waiting for a table. It's busy enough before and after the meet.

51 Front Street is a relatively new restaurant /wine bar and quite good.

Galway

If you want to drive out Route 29 from Saratoga, there's the Village Pizzeria. Wonderful italian food.

A little further up Route 29 on Galway Lake is the Cock & Bull. Best beef in the area.

Lake George

Blue Water - lovely sitting out on their open air deck at sunset. Food's pretty much standard fare - but good and reasonably priced.

South Glens Falls - Route 9

Luisa's - on the short list of my favorite Italian restaurants. I loathe Sergio's.

Fitzgerald's - great food. Kind of on the order of Winslow's (another great place), and their food is just as good.

Bolton Landing

If you feel like taking a drive on Saratoga Tuesday, go up Route 9 out of Lake George to Bolton Landing. The Sagamore Hotel's outside/lakeside restaurant for lunch. Heaven.

There's also the Lakeside Lodge on the main drag that's nice for lunch - a covered outside porch.

Don't know why, but we've yet to eat at The Wishing Well. Must put it on the agenda for this year.

pmacdaddy
04-26-2010, 10:18 AM
The Parting Glass - great place if you're hungry. I go there just because I love their draft birch beer.

I don't usually eat there. But that freakin shuffleboard table of theirs is a blast...

pmacdaddy
04-26-2010, 10:26 AM
Looks like Sperry's is still for sale. Assume they will be open for Track season though.

http://www.realtysaratoga.com/

Payson Dave
04-26-2010, 10:32 AM
Leon's for Mexican

Shirley's for Breakfast

George's on Lake George for Dinner

randallscott35
04-26-2010, 10:35 AM
I like the Cherry Tomato in Lake George area.

Payson Dave
04-26-2010, 10:51 AM
The Bread Basket Bakery.... pies for certain trainers... and pastries for the AM works

XIIPointStables
07-01-2010, 09:49 AM
b/c I can't let a places to eat in Erie post trump this one....

How about a Dunkin' Donuts Daily Double...true.

http://blog.timesunion.com/tablehopping/16203/dunkin-partnering-with-saratoga-race-course-for-track-season/

But no Dunkin Donuts on track...weak.

clyde
07-01-2010, 10:35 AM
Have either lived or vacationed in the Saratoga environs since I was a kid.

Suggestions for places to eat - 2010

During the meet, we rarely go downtown Saratoga to eat. The place is a zoo, and I don't think the restaurants are all that good to begin with and most are overpriced. Don't mind paying premium prices for a meal if it's a premium meal. Really haven't been able to find that in downtown Saratoga. Loved when Chez Sophie was in that little diner on Route 9 just going into Saratoga.

A few places we'll go to off Broadway in Saratoga

The Horse Shoe - across from the track on Nelson Ave. - breakfast and lunch are great. Pretty crowded and very noisy after the races. Not particularly fond of their dinners.

Sushi Tai on Phila Street. I don't eat sushi, but they have an extensive Tai menu.

Edit to add on Broadway - Broadway Pizzeria - I think it's the best pizza in the area.

Ballston Spa

Augies has already been mentioned, but we never go there during the meet. They don't take reservations, and your clothes will go out of style waiting for a table. It's busy enough before and after the meet.

51 Front Street is a relatively new restaurant /wine bar and quite good.

Galway

If you want to drive out Route 29 from Saratoga, there's the Village Pizzeria. Wonderful italian food.

A little further up Route 29 on Galway Lake is the Cock & Bull. Best beef in the area.

Lake George

Blue Water - lovely sitting out on their open air deck at sunset. Food's pretty much standard fare - but good and reasonably priced.

South Glens Falls - Route 9

Luisa's - on the short list of my favorite Italian restaurants. I loathe Sergio's.

Fitzgerald's - great food. Kind of on the order of Winslow's (another great place), and their food is just as good.

Bolton Landing

If you feel like taking a drive on Saratoga Tuesday, go up Route 9 out of Lake George to Bolton Landing. The Sagamore Hotel's outside/lakeside restaurant for lunch. Heaven.

There's also the Lakeside Lodge on the main drag that's nice for lunch - a covered outside porch.

Don't know why, but we've yet to eat at The Wishing Well. Must put it on the agenda for this year.

Would ya say The Printheth might be a fatty??

hoovesupsideyourhead
07-01-2010, 11:09 AM
the ripe tomato.. zuccini flowers,, and the arltichoke app. to die for

that pizza place in glenns falls..

Payson Dave
07-01-2010, 11:52 AM
the ripe tomato.. zuccini flowers,, and the arltichoke app. to die for

that pizza place in Glens Falls..

"Talk of the Town" off exit 18 or the "Harvest" off exit 19.... both have great pizza

Gaelic Storm
07-01-2010, 12:13 PM
Cella's Bistro in Schenectady is the best restaurant in the area. Worth the half hour drive from Saratoga Springs.

clyde
07-01-2010, 12:31 PM
This is going to make Vegas Vets look like a play pen.

blech!!

Who the fucl< cares??

XIIPointStables
07-30-2010, 12:26 PM
Thanks to whomever suggested the bruschetta at Ripe Tomato. Killer.

That place has quickly become one of my favorite restaurants in the area.

XIIPointStables
08-16-2010, 12:57 PM
Anyone want to throw there two cents in for a place they've tried at the meet so far? Anything new?

clyde
08-16-2010, 01:43 PM
This entire thread is ridiculous.

And you just enhanced it.

Sightseek
08-16-2010, 01:44 PM
^^^^ got food poisoning while at ST

clyde
08-16-2010, 01:47 PM
^^^^ Voted Best Eye Vomit at ST.

clyde
08-16-2010, 02:56 PM
Well I guess I pissed her off...again.

It's ssssssssssso easy.

Sightseek
08-16-2010, 03:20 PM
I have sent the racoons.

Be afraid.

Be very afraid!

clyde
08-16-2010, 03:25 PM
I...............

thud!

TheSpyder
08-16-2010, 04:39 PM
Donkie Dick

clyde
08-16-2010, 05:29 PM
..uh-oh...

dellinger63
08-16-2010, 10:24 PM
a bunch of chicago guys will be at Augies some time before Travers. Don't sit at the back table unless invited.

clyde
08-16-2010, 11:17 PM
I'll sit anyhwere I fucl<in'-ay want to.

clyde
08-16-2010, 11:49 PM
^^^^ got food poisoning while at ST

But flash that KoolyAid smile with that black waist ribbon draped along your---waist, and you beat even Uncly.

Clearly the Best Eye Candy of the meet.

Sightseek
08-17-2010, 08:40 AM
But flash that KoolyAid smile with that black waist ribbon draped along your---waist, and you beat even Uncly.

Clearly the Best Eye Candy of the meet.

I was in disguise at ST last weekend - a pink waist ribbon.

Sightseek
08-17-2010, 08:40 AM
a bunch of chicago guys will be at Augies some time before Travers. Don't sit at the back table unless invited.

What are you doing with the left-overs? ;)

clyde
08-17-2010, 09:33 AM
I was in disguise at ST last weekend - a pink waist ribbon.

whoa!!

Coach Pants
08-17-2010, 10:03 AM
Is there an El Pollo Loco in Saratoga Springs?

RockHardTen1985
08-17-2010, 10:13 AM

I just ate there last week, I have a few lady friends out that way.

Antitrust32
08-17-2010, 10:20 AM

Joey & I ate those leftovers for days.

clyde
08-17-2010, 03:10 PM

He's most likely a left over himself.

;)