PDA

View Full Version : Any help appreciated.... SA Thursday

swedejxn
01-30-2008, 07:06 PM
Getting down to the nitty gritty in Showvivor.... 63 left and trying to keep the dream alive..... Give me your best bets for tomorrow...

Currently narrowed down to 5.....

2nd.... Angel Eyed....
5th Tuscan Fever... worried about RickyElCorredor at the end
6th Hurry Up Austin... Rudeameanie wire to wire?????
7th Grasberg... love the pace scenario
9th Processors Turf... even IF Sangaree fires finally... should be ITM

hoovesupsideyourhead
01-30-2008, 08:34 PM
race 2

pp 4 to phar rafie stays closed a ton of ground dont see not in top 3

IrishofNDMan
01-30-2008, 09:21 PM
Hurry Up Austin

My name is Austin, so this is always a sucker bet for me.

my miss storm cat
01-30-2008, 09:23 PM
Good luck!

I'd go with Angel Eyed or Hurry Up Austin. :)

2Hot4TV
01-30-2008, 09:31 PM
I beleive Sangaree is going to be a money burner. Now that I said that he is most likely to win.

letswastemoney
01-30-2008, 09:32 PM
Processor's Turf. I mean you get Gomez and he went 4 wide in his last race, losing a lot of ground. He should have won it. Also consider that Cardinal Zin (I think that's who he lost to) placed in a graded stakes.

tiggerv
01-30-2008, 11:43 PM
Not the easiest of cards. I would stay out of race 2 even though its a short field. A bunch of trainers trying to find the right class for their horse and several off layoffs. It looks wide open. I think you either have to assume Shore Do will like the turf with his pedigree in which case he should easily finish in the money in the 7th or you go with Processor's Turf who should be a stand out in the last.

SCUDSBROTHER
01-31-2008, 03:50 AM
Whatever you do,go with either Gomez or Flores.I wouldn't trust that Rudemeanie at 7f.That horse ran off in the post parade 2 weeks ago.Gomez is a relentless finisher (even on horses that obviously aren't gunna win.)I'd go with him in the last.I wouldn't trust G'borg(ALREADY RUN A DULL ONE WHEN FAVORED.)You can't trust Sangaree.I'm a big fan of Cherokee Tear. He is a 7f horse.The fact he made up all the ground against the bias 11-4 shows he simply is a consistent horse.At 7f,he should get up for atleast a piece.New distance(2 turns ) for Gomez in last.Cherokee Tear doing something he likes to do,but a lil step up (I guess) in class.Either could mess up,but for different reasons.I expect Bejarano to go after(and engage) Rudiemeanie mid-race.

swedejxn
01-31-2008, 06:35 AM
Thank you very much for all the input so far....

Race 2 just scares me .... taking the probable fav in the shortest field... could be a disaster...

Race 5 No one mentioned so that makes it questionable...

Race 6... still partial to Austin (not because of name) but with Rudeameanie at the point and distance a question... the race may not play out for C-Tear or Austin... maybe not

Race 7 Grasberg may have been my shakiest pick... and I may just be pissed off that Shore Do has cost me a couple times already....

Race 9 Sangaree may well take alot of people out... well thought of just because of pedigree... but do love the connections and jock with Processor's turf in this spot...
My probable pick....

Thanks guys and gals....

SCUDSBROTHER
01-31-2008, 07:36 AM
As you know it's a game of musical chairs.The most likely horse is Gomez' in the last.That's the top pick.The key is to be on/off that top pick on the right days.I got to top 18 in one of these at Belmont.I really do think it's mainly luck.All I can say is if ya ever play one in New York on a big track,no matter how much the horse looks like it will show,don't use the Contessa.Trust me on that.

swedejxn
01-31-2008, 08:01 AM
Lol.... Contessa has hurt me numerous times as well... and yes it is very much luck... i have done better this time by picking the likely winners in 4 or 5 races... and then trying to figure out who was most likely to burn me...lol

But Gann and Pletcher have high hopes for this one... And Gomez will likely have many choices of trip and keep this one clear of traffic .... Will Sangaree live up to the hype???? Don't think it'll keep Gomez off the board...

SCUDSBROTHER
01-31-2008, 12:45 PM
He will have to fire.There is no automatic 3rd here in the last.The 5,6,1,9 could easily take up the 3 slots if he doesn't run well.The 3 has run a decent 3rd.The 4 gets blinks.I have stayed in these contests with a horse who hasn't fired their best shot,but usually you're going down.It looks easy,but as soon as a horse doesn't fire their "A" bullet you're gone.

SCUDSBROTHER
01-31-2008, 07:24 PM
Gomez look worried before the race.Didn't have him in a good spot at all,but horse ran last.Gotta deduce it's because ya needed him.

letswastemoney
01-31-2008, 08:06 PM
Processor's Turf. I mean you get Gomez and he went 4 wide in his last race, losing a lot of ground. He should have won it. Also consider that Cardinal Zin (I think that's who he lost to) placed in a graded stakes.

I must have jinxed him :( Wtf how can Gomez with a horse that came flying to get 2nd in his last start against the same type of horses finish dead last!!

SCUDSBROTHER
01-31-2008, 08:20 PM
I must have jinxed him :( Wtf how can Gomez with a horse that came flying to get 2nd in his last start against the same type of horses finish dead last!!

I'll be honest.I get beat in those show contests in a lot of different ways.
This one,you could say it was 2 turn distance,and new track(jock looked worried before race-asst. trainer said he would liked to have gotten another work in.) Like I was telling him though,I have been beaten playing a Contessa who was like almost 5/5 on the surface(and distance.)I was way more surprised by that than this.I mean Coa pressured him a lil,and then took back,and my horse gave it up on a totally open mid race lead.Believe me,he had to really stop for the third horse to get by.There is no safe choice during the week.In stakes days? Maybe,but not during the week.I've been beaten playing a consistent horse like CHerokee Tear,too.Aren't these the Eclipse award winning jock/trainer ? With a 450k animal? During the week,anybody can refuse you.That was a weird stuck inside(locked in)trip that I haven't seen Gomez give horses in a while.I thought he was done with that weakness.It didn't help,but I think the horse wasn't right from the moment I saw GOMEZ sitting on him (coming out on the track.)