PDA

View Full Version : Yanks beat White Sox!

oracle80
07-14-2006, 09:01 PM
And with Boston losing badly in the 8th inning it looks like the lead is down to a game and a half.:)

1st_Saturday_in_May
07-14-2006, 09:04 PM
boo, lol.

On the bright side, the Battlin Buccos scored their 31st win of the year with a gutty victory over the Nats. Just 19.5 outta first and 16.5 outta the wild card!!! One year - one good team, thats all I wish for...

stevepopyak
07-14-2006, 09:47 PM
Hey 1st, only 2 weeks til the Steelers break camp at St. Vincent, the Bucs have been out of it since mid-April rather than early May this year, its been a long 3 months!!!

1st_Saturday_in_May
07-14-2006, 11:29 PM
Hey 1st, only 2 weeks til the Steelers break camp at St. Vincent, the Bucs have been out of it since mid-April rather than early May this year, its been a long 3 months!!!

Cant wait til Training Camp!!! All there is to look foward to in Pittsburgh anymore. The real kick in the pants with the Pirates is that the city wants a winner. Some cities, Tampa Bay for example, could give a damn if their team was in first or last. Pirates fans want this thing soooo bad. I was at a game last year in late summer against the Mets - a close win - and the place was absolutely insane. Could only imagine if the team was actually in contention at that point! I dont know what they need to do to get better - player development perhaps in the minors - but there is a nice (but small nucleus) with Bay, Sanchez, J. Wilson, and the young pitching but its just impossible to do well when Perez and Kip have pitched as poorly as they have. Oh well, will always enjoy going to games whether they are winning or not. Noticed you're from New Stanton - nice area. My dad actually works out there at Supervalu.

stevepopyak
07-15-2006, 07:36 AM
Along with Bay,Wilson and Sanchez, I have been impressed with Paulino and Bautista ... the pitching will just take time to come around ... I think they have ruined Oliver Perez and Chris Duffy ... not too impressed with Jim Tracy so far, but I know there is not much to work with either. Once the guys get good they will leave anyway.

Yeah, I live about a half mile from Supervalu out here and my brother and I usually hit the OTB in Greensburg, sometimes Harmar if we are headed into town.