PDA

View Full Version : gulf play along thread

hoovesupsideyourhead
01-19-2008, 03:07 PM
race 7 w/p 8 king kassia ect 3/8/6 box

declansharbor
01-19-2008, 03:10 PM
My lone attempts for the day (after losing at 40 bucks at Tampa) .
Gulfstream Park
Race 7-9
1$ pick 3
2,7 // 2,4,5 // 4,5,7,9

Spot play WP and key in tri.
Race 10-Edge of Shadow

Best of luck to those playing!!

declansharbor
01-19-2008, 03:15 PM
Could Foreign Ruckus have had a rougher trip than that? Was the stone cold winner of the race had the rail opened up.

MaTH716
01-19-2008, 03:20 PM
Could Foreign Ruckus have had a rougher trip than that? Was the stone cold winner of the race had the rail opened up.

Almost put my fist through the F'N computer. Played 2/4,7,12 exacta's and Triples. One of the worst rides ever. Broke poorly checked on the backstretch and then stuck on the rail with no where to go. I think he was the best horse.

declansharbor
01-19-2008, 03:27 PM
Almost put my fist through the F'N computer. Played 2/4,7,12 exacta's and Triples. One of the worst rides ever. Broke poorly checked on the backstretch and then stuck on the rail with no where to go. I think he was the best horse.

Tough one to take Math, as you had the best horse in the race pegged. I am not too sure to call the ride one of the worst ever. He was committed to the rail, would have lost too much ground, swinging wide. One of those races where nothing opened up. If he were to go wide, he should have done it before his horse ran up the bottoms of the frontrunners on the backstretch.

Not the best of rides, but not the worst. He tried to make room where there was none.

MaTH716
01-19-2008, 03:42 PM
Tough one to take Math, as you had the best horse in the race pegged. I am not too sure to call the ride one of the worst ever. He was committed to the rail, would have lost too much ground, swinging wide. One of those races where nothing opened up. If he were to go wide, he should have done it before his horse ran up the bottoms of the frontrunners on the backstretch.

Not the best of rides, but not the worst. He tried to make room where there was none.

I understand that he was committed to the rail in the stretch, but he made such a big strong move on the backstretch into the frontrunning pack that he had to check hard. It just seemed that he had so much horse that he could have gone wide and stayed out of the traffic. Especially how he was steadied after the start and taken back. All of a sudden here was a rush to shoot up the rail with still a half mile to go. I am just fustrated.

hoovesupsideyourhead
01-19-2008, 03:42 PM
sneaky nigril on the 7 ext box 7/1/4

MaTH716
01-19-2008, 04:11 PM
Taking a stab with the 6 in the 9th at 10-1

hoovesupsideyourhead
01-19-2008, 04:43 PM
one last shot with the 8/10 at gs last

MaTH716
01-19-2008, 04:44 PM
Exacta and triples 7/8,9

declansharbor
01-19-2008, 05:19 PM
My lone attempts for the day (after losing at 40 bucks at Tampa) .
Gulfstream Park
Race 7-9
1$ pick 3
2,7 // 2,4,5 // 4,5,7,9

Spot play WP and key in tri.
Race 10-Edge of Shadow

Best of luck to those playing!!

AAARGGH!!

If the 7 would have gotten 3rd as opposed to 4th, I would have had the triple for a buck. I did have the exacta for 2 bucks, Thank God. It's bad enough that I lost the Win money in the race, if I were to miss it altogether, Id be walking to the Ben Franklin Bridge right now.
Whenever I wheel in exacta's, the fave always fills it out for me. Not this time, with Junior on a price. (due for a few bombs a meet)
Was debating a saver show bet, but at the last minute decided to just add 10$ to the place bet.
Love Hills as a conditioner. I missed Kaufman, not this one.

golfer
01-19-2008, 05:59 PM
It appeared Lezcano lost the irons for the first 100 yards or so after the start as well. When I saw him flying up the rail in the backstretch, I knew he was going to have to put on the brakes at some point.. brutal!

MaTH716
01-19-2008, 06:08 PM
AAARGGH!!

If the 7 would have gotten 3rd as opposed to 4th, I would have had the triple for a buck. I did have the exacta for 2 bucks, Thank God. It's bad enough that I lost the Win money in the race, if I were to miss it altogether, Id be walking to the Ben Franklin Bridge right now.
Whenever I wheel in exacta's, the fave always fills it out for me. Not this time, with Junior on a price. (due for a few bombs a meet)
Was debating a saver show bet, but at the last minute decided to just add 10$ to the place bet.
Love Hills as a conditioner. I missed Kaufman, not this one.

Nice hit with the exacta. I had the 9 in some exotics but I didn't like the 10. But I guess Hills on the sod always demands respect.

MaTH716
01-19-2008, 06:13 PM
[QUOTE=golfer]It appeared Lezcano lost the irons for the first 100 yards or so after the start as well. When I saw him flying up the rail in the backstretch, I knew he was going to have to put on the brakes at some point.. brutal!/[QUOTE]

My sentiments exactly (although I was using different language to express my feelings about Mr.Lezcano and his ride to my wife! [EARMUFFS for the children])! :mad: