PDA

View Full Version : newbie here...

sdoop
06-01-2006, 02:49 PM
Hello, all. Just a quick intro...I had been reading the 'old' board for awhile and have made the migration over here as I find this group entertaining and knowledgeable.

Background: Old enough to remember the last 2 TC winners (Slew and Affirmed) although I was just a kid at the time. Have followed the ponies off and on since. Interest picked up after college in the late 80s through more than my share of trips to Tampa Bay Downs. Back then it was a steady stream of 3000 claimers with the features being clmg 7500 (woo hoo)...needless to say they didn't have the turf course then. Good to see TBD making hay of late. Love Grunder's race call.

Rate my 'capping as average at best but love the challenge. Hope to improve as we all do and I think this site will go along way toward that end.

Enough for now as I risk further reader boredom.

Signed,
the newest weanling (been called worse)

oracle80
06-01-2006, 02:52 PM
Hello, all. Just a quick intro...I had been reading the 'old' board for awhile and have made the migration over here as I find this group entertaining and knowledgeable.

Background: Old enough to remember the last 2 TC winners (Slew and Affirmed) although I was just a kid at the time. Have followed the ponies off and on since. Interest picked up after college in the late 80s through more than my share of trips to Tampa Bay Downs. Back then it was a steady stream of 3000 claimers with the features being clmg 7500 (woo hoo)...needless to say they didn't have the turf course then. Good to see TBD making hay of late. Love Grunder's race call.

Rate my 'capping as average at best but love the challenge. Hope to improve as we all do and I think this site will go along way toward that end.

Signed,

Hello there!! Good to have you here. Conversation has been lively and the info here is tremendous. A much better rounded group than the old board with many sharpshooters and many in the business as well. WHo do you like at Hollywood today?

GPK
06-01-2006, 02:53 PM

Signed,

someone say TAMPA BAY DOWNS??????

sigh.....:(

Buffymommy
06-01-2006, 02:56 PM
someone say TAMPA BAY DOWNS??????

sigh.....:(

Down boy. Next year dude! Relax...

I miss Gulfstream...:(

sdoop
06-01-2006, 03:15 PM
Hello there!! Good to have you here. Conversation has been lively and the info here is tremendous. A much better rounded group than the old board with many sharpshooters and many in the business as well. WHo do you like at Hollywood today?

I wish I had the time to play more than I do. I really only get a chance to wager on the prominent race days. I follow some of the wagers on here during the week and pull for them...nothing like seeing someone cash a nice one even if I don't know them from Adam. Like to make note of others' rationale for backing a particular play and the wagering strategies. Am I rambling?...Good luck!