PDA

View Full Version : Love My Mountain - Tomorrow at Calder

Gander
07-14-2006, 03:53 PM
Running in the turf sprint, a few races before Lost in the Fog.

He ran an absolute hole in the wind last time in what was surely a prep for this very lucrative spot. I think hes the speed of the speed and will outsprint all challengers, even the West Coast shipper just outside of him. Long gone in my opinion. Strong play.

SentToStud
07-14-2006, 04:04 PM
Running in the turf sprint, a few races before Lost in the Fog.

He ran an absolute hole in the wind last time in what was surely a prep for this very lucrative spot. I think hes the speed of the speed and will outsprint all challengers, even the West Coast shipper just outside of him. Long gone in my opinion. Strong play.

Huge shot and he's on my ticket, though I went 4-deep. Gleaves just claimed him and is probably a bit sharper than his last two trainers. I had thought he might have llost a little bit of early zip but I was wrong and he ran lights out. Bit thin on class, though. That's my only knock along with who he beat last time.

Gander
07-14-2006, 04:07 PM
I think he can hold his own in here Stud. Theres no world beaters in here, if he runs the same way he did last time, goodnight. I dont buy those phony times for those California turf sprints, no way, no how.

SentToStud
07-14-2006, 04:22 PM
I think he can hold his own in here Stud. Theres no world beaters in here, if he runs the same way he did last time, goodnight. I dont buy those phony times for those California turf sprints, no way, no how.
Got a big shot and I have a fondness for him ... caught his first turf win at 25-1, then his next out at 5-1, so I'm a fan. But I think Western Kind on his best day is just as fast early. I also think WK was in tough his last two and had tough trips from insode posts. 3 back he ran huge to Nth Degree who won 4 or 5 in a row and in the race before that at Tampa, he ran huge to beat Whenthedoveflies who has the 5F turf record at Calder. I'm also using Kopper Kilgoarwho could be 8-1 here. Hot as hell and if he takes to the grass is going to trip out great. I agree about the Cali hore's times, but I'm gonna wimp and use him here. It's my deepest race. Believe me, I'll be happy if LMM wins this.