PDA

View Full Version : Churchill Downs - 7/14 - Race 11 - 2yos

Cunningham Racing
07-14-2006, 11:56 AM
NO LAC O ZIP should graduate here and do so wiring the field from the inside...this one has always looked good working at CD in the mornings and is probably worth the $80K tag, as he could easily be a stakes performer in a better barn at a smaller circuit...Asmussen's firster - OSTENACO has NEVER been sat down in the mornings since being at CD, but he moves well and could easily be okay for this high tag...we all know his 2yo system is the best in the country and you can bet this one has breezed quickly and they know what they have....the slow works at CD give them the opportunity to run him for a tag, but I bet he is the goods - especially since Vinery bought him at auction and they see more Yonaguskas than anyone with him standing there....expect a quick colt from the gate that figures to track No Lac O Zip around the oval from the outside and could be good enough to beat that one...

SCAT THIEF is another interesting firster for Nicks...he possesses some solid works, including easily out-working horses on a couple of occasions...outside post hurts him, but he can still get a good piece of this at a fair price if he can show the ability to pass horses, which is not a given for babies, especially ones making their debuts....DASHING DEVIL and HEY BILL are the next couple of challengers from an ability standpoint it appears, but I think they can only get a small share of this....TILLMAN'S LEGEND also deserves to be used underneath on the drop...

Good Luck!

whorstman
07-14-2006, 02:07 PM
Thanks for the analysis, I think Salsa Dancer has a good shot in there too.

Cunningham Racing
07-14-2006, 07:49 PM
Easy win by NO LAC O ZIP in wire-to-wire fashion....Asmussen's horse (21-1) is horrible.... and we got Tillman's Legend and Scat Thief behind him for a $39 EX and a $271 TRI....I'll take that and add it to the juveniles bankroll and have plenty of bullets to fire at Saratoga!!!

zippyneedsawin
07-14-2006, 07:52 PM
Good call! Nice catch.

PSH
07-14-2006, 09:07 PM
Thanks Joel for the winner....
Love those City Zip youngsters. I have one at the farm right now who is a NY Bred 2YO who needs 30-60 days off before resuming training. Can't wait for her to run...

Guess we have another 2YO baby race tomorrow at CD in the nightcap...

PSH

Bogey
07-14-2006, 09:53 PM
The 2yr old master strikes again. Nice Work