PDA

View Full Version : Tampa Pick 4: 1-5-8

Bigsmc
01-05-2008, 09:30 AM
Small Ticket:

1,3,7,12/2,3,5/3,6,7,8/11 = $48 *edit, with the scratch of the 12, the ticket cost is $36.

Big Ticket:

1,3,7,8,12/1,2,3,5,6,9/3,6,7,8/11 = $120 *edit, with scratches of the 12 and 9, the ticket cost is $80

Spot play:

I love the 4-Willsboro Point in the 6th. This Point Given gelding has been prepped on Roy Lerman's farm (so don't let the slow works bother you) and has the bloodlines to be a nice turfer. His dam, Petrouchka (Red Ransom) won over 50% of her grass races including a Graded Stake. Should be a nice price today as the other firsters in the race, for Dale Bennett and Dominic Schettino, should take more money than this one.

GL today.

golfer
01-05-2008, 09:41 AM
Bigs, totally agree with the single of Chris's Joy in the last leg.

My attempt:

8th: 1,3,7 (like 3 Meredith Bee the most)

9th: 2,3,5,9

10th: 2,3,7,8 (14 is a must use if he gets in)

11th: 11

Bigsmc
01-05-2008, 09:44 AM
Another observation:

In today's Minaret Stakes (8th), look for the Mott/Zayat horse, Meredith Bee (#3), to get crushed at the windows (because it's Mott and it is Tampa). This should give us opportunities to make some money on the race. I did include her in my Pick 4, but I like the 7, Taylor Madison, to win the race. Historically horses that run well locally have a slight edge on the shippers and her prep race on December 15th was very impressive. Look for her to stay close to the pace and Montalvo to make another well timed move, hopefully at her M/L price of 7-2 or slightly higher.

GL

Rudeboyelvis
01-05-2008, 10:04 AM
Another observation:

In today's Minaret Stakes (8th), look for the Mott/Zayat horse, Meredith Bee (#3), to get crushed at the windows (because it's Mott and it is Tampa). This should give us opportunities to make some money on the race. I did include her in my Pick 4, but I like the 7, Taylor Madison, to win the race. Historically horses that run well locally have a slight edge on the shippers and her prep race on December 15th was very impressive. Look for her to stay close to the pace and Montalvo to make another well timed move, hopefully at her M/L price of 7-2 or slightly higher.

GL

What a great race this sets up to be -

5 A Sea Trippi will be an even better price and has a bit of a pace advantage, imo. Montalvo needs to get TM out early and will have their hands full... I think Velez's mount, 12 Miss Tizzy will get lost on the tote board and can steal this race on the front end as well...

Edit - 12 Miss Tizzy scratched

Rudeboyelvis
01-05-2008, 10:27 AM
Race 1

6 Last Samurai
9 Mud Shark
3 John Morgan
4 Poundcake

Race 2

6 Fizzy Pop
9 Post Its Awesome
7 Da Mullett

Race 3

2 Mr. Panaccione
5 Sonic Cat
8 Spoiled Royality
6 Trade Me

Race 4

1 Siempre Verde
6 Inca is Calling
10 Go Go Diablo

Race 5

1 Ashley and I
3 Champagne Party
4 Red Liquor and Lace
8 Taupo

Race 6

7 Mr. Mischief
9 Be Boppin Wynn
4 Willsboro Point
5 Hebesmallbutmighty

Race 7

8 Deal Me Aces
7 Al Lloyd
10 Dixie Pipe
12 A Splash of Tour

Race 8

5 A Sea Trippi
7 Taylor Madison
8 Lil's Lassie
3 Meredith Bee

Race 9

5 Jamian
7 Thatsthe Fact Jack
3 Classic Moon
exotics only - under include 1 Bridled Quest

Race 10

6 Gully Hill Road
7 Northern Valor
3 Max Ahead
8 Backtracken

Race 11

11 Chris's Joy
4 Heartlight
1 Maggs
8 Fine Mademoiselle

P4 Big = 3,5,7,8//3,5,7//3,6,7,8//1,4,8,11 = 192.00
P4 Small = 3,5,7,8//3,5,7//3,6,7,8//11 = 48.00

golfer
01-05-2008, 05:17 PM
It may have played out differently at the track, or at other simulcast facilities, but where I was, they put up the inquiry and objection sign for the 5th race. They then preceded to NOT even once show the replay of what the objection was about. Instead, they showed the winner's circle, where they were awaiting the celebration of Barbara McBride's 1000th win, placard and all. This went on for a minute or 2, then it was announced that there was no reason for disqualification. Thanks alot, Tampa Bay Downs...I obviously played the horse that ran 2nd (and the one that ran 4th, whose jockey claimed foul), but this did not smell right! And I'm not saying he should have come down, I just don't know because I wasn't given the opportunity to have a look.

Rudeboyelvis
01-06-2008, 12:12 AM
It may have played out differently at the track, or at other simulcast facilities, but where I was, they put up the inquiry and objection sign for the 5th race. They then preceded to NOT even once show the replay of what the objection was about. Instead, they showed the winner's circle, where they were awaiting the celebration of Barbara McBride's 1000th win, placard and all. This went on for a minute or 2, then it was announced that there was no reason for disqualification. Thanks alot, Tampa Bay Downs...I obviously played the horse that ran 2nd (and the one that ran 4th, whose jockey claimed foul), but this did not smell right! And I'm not saying he should have come down, I just don't know because I wasn't given the opportunity to have a look.
That was strange...McBride's horse was in the WC and the other horse headed straight to get unsaddled and back to the barn...Guess they knew there was no infraction...considering how much time they took to take the 1 horse down in the 10th, and how glaring the infraction was there...you'd think they'd have shown a replay...Weird day all around...

Rudeboyelvis
01-06-2008, 12:19 AM
Tough beat today...no P3's and got beat out of the P4 by a horse I thought had no chance to win, but used in the exotics...caught a sweet tri in the 7th to make the day paletable... Get home to find my Skins and Steelers sucking swamp gas in the first round....Oh well, get back to it tomorrow for a P4 take down - lock it in ! :D :eek: :cool:

blackthroatedwind
01-06-2008, 12:36 AM
I have a good friend who got DQ'd out of the Pick-4 today. He loved the 10th winner and gave me a 10 minute speech about him this morning. I, of course, forgot to bet but felt terrible for him. It felt like one of those fouls that was so late they could have let it go. He might have taken down the whole pool.

Why doesn't Tampa have a head-on for their turf course? Using the one for the dirt course creates an angle that is possibly deceptive. They do such a good job there, and run plenty of turf races, you would think they could spend the $1000 or so it costs to mount a camera in the correct spot.

Scav
01-06-2008, 12:39 AM
Another observation:
Look for her to stay close to the pace and Montalvo to make another well timed move, hopefully at her M/L price of 7-2 or slightly higher.

GL

LOL, not with Billy Downes in the pool. :)

Bigsmc
01-06-2008, 06:39 AM
I have a good friend who got DQ'd out of the Pick-4 today. He loved the 10th winner and gave me a 10 minute speech about him this morning. I, of course, forgot to bet but felt terrible for him. It felt like one of those fouls that was so late they could have let it go. He might have taken down the whole pool.

Why doesn't Tampa have a head-on for their turf course? Using the one for the dirt course creates an angle that is possibly deceptive. They do such a good job there, and run plenty of turf races, you would think they could spend the $1000 or so it costs to mount a camera in the correct spot.

$$$ that's it. They would have to build camera towers and buy cameras. I am sure they think what they have is fine, but that is what separates a good track from an average track. The little things. Another thing I found out the hard way last weekend is they don't pay consos on the pick 6 if someone hits it. I had 5 of 6 and got a left with a little piece of paper with a lot of numbers and a bar code on it. Probably my first and last P6 I play at Tampa.

I digress, you are right that infraction was very late, but....the swerve was pretty bad. I thought it was the correct decision.

Your buddy that liked the 1 horse saw something I didn't. I thought he needed the lead and I knew the 3 would send at all costs. The 1 ran a huge race.

Bigsmc
01-06-2008, 06:40 AM
LOL, not with Billy Downes in the pool. :)

I really though the Mott/Zayat horse would take more money. By the way, that horse was flying late....

golfer
01-06-2008, 07:40 AM
I really though the Mott/Zayat horse would take more money. By the way, that horse was flying late....
Yes, Jose Velez timed it perfectly, to finish 3rd!