PDA

View Full Version : Alright people, first two TOUTS of the new year

Scav
01-02-2008, 12:24 PM
Good POSITIVE feelings for the NEW YEAR. POSITIVE. No more NEGATIVITY!!!

They might be handing out money on Thursday at Santa Anita. TWO horses I have found. TWO.

Race 4 is a 1 mile turf event for 50k claimers. There is some speed in the race and it should set up for #6 On Overdrive(10/1 ML) quite nicely. Ted West is absolutely amazing first off the claim which is what this is. He wins at over 26% (160 sampling). This horses only turf debut ran 3rd to Daytona :eek: , oh wait, not that DAYTONA, the poor man's Daytona but he was wide the whole race and finished full of run. West steps in to claim him from a 12% Bob Hess, gives him a nice breather, and puts him in a perfect race, should be ready to go. I especially like the 7f recent work.

Race 7 is a non winners of 1x event on the lawn also going 1 mile. Scuds favorite horse (Brain the Bold) figures to take some money along with some other fan favorites (Frankel's charge, who is stepping up from his MSW win and Royal Vision, who ran 6 days ago). #4 Mandate to Fly (10/1 ML) fits extremely well on the lawn here. He ran extremely well in his turf debut at Santa Anita, and then was switched to Hollendorfer (from Warren). Perfect Mandate's progeny improve about 2 points when switched to the lawn and that exactly happened here. Got a freshening and has had some monster works recently and should be sitting on go. Could get a great trip under Tyler Baze also.

SCUDSBROTHER
01-02-2008, 11:18 PM
I'D SAY BOTH HAVE A SHOT,but probably the 7th race play has a better shot.For one thing,both Sadler n' Mitchell probably will have horses in the 4th(you know what 'm saying here?..o.k.) In the 4th,your horse may have to run a top.In the 7th,the race your horse ran at Oak Tree is pretty close to taking this.I don't particularly like that Overdrive takes a month after a race before he works again.Done that a couple times now.Probably has some minor issues.I would guess Smith was offered your horse,but took a new mount in Justinplace(seems to have got the mount away from Talamo when claimed.)Now Talamo comes over to your horse.I like OVERDRIVE,but got to get very lucky to get by all those horses.Actually,in the 7th,I like Monastery Scandal(not that I would be involved in such a thing though.)...LOL.......Anyways,yeah,I like that son of Free House.That's just a "feel thing." Not sure he can get the 2 turns,but the hill is a decent test to see if you can go a mile.He failed to get the 2 turns on poly,but to me that's like running on the moon.I can't justify it with numbers versus your horse.I guess I just feel like he may be a nice turf horse.If I can stomach using PACO,then I' M gunna probably single him,or HOTTODI in the last.Can't justify that one either.She is just a big striding girl who may respond to a bit slower paced 2 turn race.All about relaxed rhythm with a big stride.She may just be a slow cow.50/50 I'd say.

the_fat_man
01-03-2008, 12:27 AM
Actually,in the 7th,I like Monastery Scandal(not that I would be involved in such a thing though.)...LOL.......Anyways,yeah,I like that son of Free House.That's just a "feel thing." Not sure he can get the 2 turns,but the hill is a decent test to see if you can go a mile.He failed to get the 2 turns on poly,but to me that's like running on the moon.I can't justify it with numbers versus your horse.I guess I just feel like he may be a nice turf horse.

I agree. There's certainly a question as to whether he can get a mile, given the DMR two turn race, and he also got better trips in his two previous efforts against Frankel's horse (who also appears to be on the improve, with similar distance concerns, and a bad break history). However, this horse won ridden out last (perfect setup and all); never touched with the whip and he was in very nice stride. He might be ok on the turf and there are certainly no world beaters in here.

Scav
01-03-2008, 03:02 PM
Kalookan Lessie has a shot to run well, #1

Scav
01-03-2008, 03:08 PM
Absolute garbage

Rootdog1
01-03-2008, 03:10 PM
?? Got second right? Seems like a nice call.

geeker2
01-03-2008, 03:15 PM
Peter Miller barn is on fire....

Scav
01-03-2008, 03:20 PM
?? Got second right? Seems like a nice call.

Yeah...I have noticed that Alonso has no fear down that hill, which some love being a billion wide. She also had a great sheet as she just paired her last two turf races. She got a great trip though.

Rootdog1
01-03-2008, 03:23 PM
Absolute garbage

Oh....I thought this was regarding race #1......now I got it.

Scav
01-03-2008, 03:37 PM
I'll change my opinion here. the #3 has some value, debuted pretty quick actually. Could be a decent play in a race where there isn't much

Also, Krulijac continues to ship winners up from Turf Paradise that are spotted extremely well.

No one ever knows what to think of these Turf Paradise shippers. It looks like a tremendous drop but it really isn't.

Nice pick by Hooves in the Showvivor, hopefully he had the horse for some cash

hoovesupsideyourhead
01-03-2008, 03:46 PM
Another garbage race

Also, Krulijac continues to ship winners up from Turf Paradise that are spotted extremely well.

No one ever knows what to think of these Turf Paradise shippers. It looks like a tremendous drop but it really isn't.

Nice pick by Hooves in the Showvivor, hopefully he had the horse for some cash
:D :D :D

after the blood bath at gs ..though have 1 more shot with the 11 in the last

declansharbor
01-03-2008, 04:03 PM
I'm going with Made the Finals in the 7th.
Talamo should have this one on/near the front turning for home.
Might relish the cutback.

Scav
01-03-2008, 04:09 PM
Still on #6 On Overdrive, and think #7 Areutrue could run well.

Maybe a good ticket would be

6,7 / 1 / 2,6

$4 ticket with alot of value in the first leg

SCUDSBROTHER
01-03-2008, 04:40 PM
Dr. Mitchell Feelgood....

Scav
01-03-2008, 04:41 PM
I hope nobody played the original ticket that I posted becuase it was the wrong numbers. Didn't matter because the 6 nor the 4(who I posted for some reason) did nothing.

I am on the 1 in the showvivor otherwise I see nothing in that race

5: 1
6: 2,6
7: 1,4,7
8: 2,5,7

Inexpensive ticket for someone looking for action

Scav
01-03-2008, 05:10 PM
I am on the 1 in the showvivor otherwise I see nothing in that race

Got hilariously lucky there :)

viscount26
01-03-2008, 05:29 PM
Got hilariously lucky there :)

The human anchor strikes again.
Gryder sucks

tiggerv
01-03-2008, 05:43 PM
The human anchor strikes again.
Gryder sucks

With so many good jocks in Cali for the winter I have no idea how guys like Gryder and Solis are getting decent mounts.

SCUDSBROTHER
01-03-2008, 06:07 PM
Race 7 Santa Anita

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DAILY DOUBLE

Leg 1: 1,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11
Leg 2: 2,3

SCUDSBROTHER
01-03-2008, 06:12 PM
Damn it...Don't trust my pick...........fck Maybe FAT MAN had the nad that I lacked.

Scav
01-03-2008, 06:12 PM
Scuds, you are on fire right now with some of your touts. good job

SCUDSBROTHER
01-03-2008, 06:33 PM
Scuds, you are on fire right now with some of your touts. good job

Played the Kristan horse,but ***** out with Paco's horse.Turf kind of makes me stupid.Never really trusted anybody enough today.

SCUDSBROTHER
01-03-2008, 06:41 PM
GOOD GIRL...TAKES EGG off me face.

geeker2
01-03-2008, 06:43 PM
Good job SCUDS!

hoovesupsideyourhead
01-03-2008, 06:44 PM
er ,,nice job...

SCUDSBROTHER
01-03-2008, 06:44 PM
$40 double M SCANDAL/HOTTODI would pay what? 2 k....I gotta get some serious nad.

SCUDSBROTHER
01-03-2008, 07:01 PM
If only I could keep this rain away.I love this track right now.You can win like Flores did in the 6th(and tried to in the 8th,) or you can come like HOTTODI did.Can't fight nature.They say we gunna get drenched. Nothing yet though.

the_fat_man
01-03-2008, 07:07 PM
Played the Kristan horse,but ***** out with Paco's horse.Turf kind of makes me stupid.Never really trusted anybody enough today.

Damn, would've thought the Fatman's endorsement would've been enough to send you strong to the window. :D

This horse won in a (strong) hand ride, again.

ninetoone
01-03-2008, 07:23 PM
nice call guys...

dpkovalesky
01-03-2008, 08:14 PM
thanks scud for your two picks, didnt have king of the city for the pick 4, but got some nice win money out of the other races...lets see it again tomorrow