PDA

View Full Version : TBucket

Pointg5
07-13-2006, 02:56 PM
Did you hear the Bengals picked up a LB in the supplemental draft? Another "problem case". What's up with Marvin Lewis? It's like, ever since Bob Huggins was booted out of town, Marvin has brought in all of these talented players with problems..

2 Dollar Bill
07-13-2006, 04:29 PM
If your unhappy with the bengals..... I'll see if I can get you some invites to join the Worldwide Raider Nation.... Remember to RSVP !!!

1st_Saturday_in_May
07-13-2006, 11:46 PM
I was curious about the pick up as well. I guess they are looking at is as he could be a great player (expected 1st/2nd round pick before leaving UVA) and if he's not then he's not around after training camp. As long as you guys got Palmer and that damn no huddle slinging the ball to CJ, Housh, etc. and handing off to Rudi, you'll be fine. Think its time to cut the losses on Henry (average WR's are a dime a dozen). Was just lookin at the Bungles roster...damn do I hate you guys ;) - ****load of talent should make the Steelers/Bengals games real fun this year. If I can find tix, I'll be at the one in Pgh no questions asked!

Pointg5
07-14-2006, 05:16 AM
I was curious about the pick up as well. I guess they are looking at is as he could be a great player (expected 1st/2nd round pick before leaving UVA) and if he's not then he's not around after training camp. As long as you guys got Palmer and that damn no huddle slinging the ball to CJ, Housh, etc. and handing off to Rudi, you'll be fine. Think its time to cut the losses on Henry (average WR's are a dime a dozen). Was just lookin at the Bungles roster...damn do I hate you guys ;) - ****load of talent should make the Steelers/Bengals games real fun this year. If I can find tix, I'll be at the one in Pgh no questions asked!

The problem is Marvin's been loading up on these projects, I know most of the guys in the NFL aren't good people, but please don't beat your wife, break into houses, and give 18 year old prostitutes alcohol. Henry is not an average wide receiver, he's more talented than Chad Johnson, physically, but the difference is as goofy as Chad is, he wants to be here, he wants to be the best he can be, they say no one practices harder than Chad, he sleeps at the stadium, so he can watch film all night. I can put up with his nonsense, because he wants it more than anyone else and he does the work.

1st_Saturday_in_May
07-14-2006, 05:13 PM
Yeah it was great to see Ben looking well. He says he's about 80% right now and expects to fully participate in training camp. How is Carson doing? Will he be 100% for the opener or are they going to hold him out until after the bye (some commentator on ESPN was saying they may do that)?

As for Henry, I agree that he has the ability to BE very good. The raw talent he showed when at WVU was outstanding, but he's gotta put his head on straight. He reminds me right now of former Pitt star and Bilitnikoff (sp?) winner Antonio Bryant. Was awesome at Pitt but had off the field troubles and now he's struggling as the 3rd or 4th receiver in Cleveland, I believe. NFL wide receiver is as much about heart and dedication as it is ability. Hell, in Pittsburgh we've got Hines Ward. Average size, average speed, but the guy gives 110% heart on every play and stays out of trouble off the field. I personally love Chad Johnson. Havent heard of any off the field troubles from him and like Pgiven (formerly mwind) said he gives 110% to preparation for Sunday's game. Plus, his antics are hilarious. Coaches will always take chances on guys like Henry, Bryant, Marcus Vick, etc. hoping to "change them" but generally that does not happen and within 2 years they are released or traded for a late round draft pick just to rid the team of their contract.