PDA

View Full Version : France reacts to Zidanes head butt

pgardn
07-12-2006, 09:00 PM
The incident rapidly became a lightning rod for conspiracy theorists and a platform for self-publicists.

SOS Racisme, a French anti-racist body, demanded to know if Materazzi (the recipient of the head-butt) had used a racial insult.

Mehana Mouhou, a French lawyer, said he planned to mount a legal challenge to the result because he thought that Zidane’s red card was issued after officials broke the rules and watched video replays of the incident, which happened in the Italian half while the referee was ending an Italian attack by giving a free kick to France.

The French president, Jacques Chirac, who welcomed the team on Monday, called Zidane a “virtuoso, a genius of world soccer.”

Bernard-Henri Lévy, the French intellectual, both blamed and forgave Zidane, for what he saw as an act of rebellion. He was quoted Tuesday in L’Equipe, the French sports daily, as saying that Zidane’s act was the “suicide of a demigod.” He called the butt an “interior revolt” against the “stupid ivory tower in which he had been placed in recent months.”

Jeez this reminds me of the way US sports fans react when a superstar does something stupid. We are the French, and the French are US.

somerfrost
07-12-2006, 09:07 PM
The incident rapidly became a lightning rod for conspiracy theorists and a platform for self-publicists.

SOS Racisme, a French anti-racist body, demanded to know if Materazzi (the recipient of the head-butt) had used a racial insult.

Mehana Mouhou, a French lawyer, said he planned to mount a legal challenge to the result because he thought that Zidane’s red card was issued after officials broke the rules and watched video replays of the incident, which happened in the Italian half while the referee was ending an Italian attack by giving a free kick to France.

The French president, Jacques Chirac, who welcomed the team on Monday, called Zidane a “virtuoso, a genius of world soccer.”

Bernard-Henri Lévy, the French intellectual, both blamed and forgave Zidane, for what he saw as an act of rebellion. He was quoted Tuesday in L’Equipe, the French sports daily, as saying that Zidane’s act was the “suicide of a demigod.” He called the butt an “interior revolt” against the “stupid ivory tower in which he had been placed in recent months.”

Jeez this reminds me of the way US sports fans react when a superstar does something stupid. We are the French, and the French are US.

You have to understand, they are confused...I mean how often does a frenchman attack instead of retreat?

pgardn
07-12-2006, 09:22 PM
You have to understand, they are confused...I mean how often does a frenchman attack instead of retreat?

Yep. I guess he has not become totally French. I think he is an Algerian immigrant. I think that was the racist part. They thought the Italian said something about him being Algerian. I would think it would be easier to prod a Frenchman.

Bold Brooklynite
07-12-2006, 10:30 PM
Matterazzi used the very common Italian imprecations, "Putana la mamma" and "Putana la sorella" ... which hardly require translation.

I guess the Frog-Arab girly-boy couldn't handle the trash-talk ... so he decided to get out of the heat ... and back to mama's kitchen.

But it's not just a Frog thing ... all those puzzyfooting soccer wusses are girly-boys ... always swan-diving ... holding their shins and crying ... and whining constantly.

That fake sport never has caught on here ... and never will. But it's the perfect game for Eurotrash ... and their Third World former colonial lackeys.

They can keep it.

pgardn
07-12-2006, 10:51 PM
Matterazzi used the very common Italian imprecations, "Putana la mamma" and "Putana la sorella" ... which hardly require translation.

That fake sport never has caught on here ... and never will. But it's the perfect game for Eurotrash ... and their Third World former colonial lackeys.

Ya just dont go tellin people their mother AND sister wear army boots. Thats big time trash talkin.

Fake sport. They do fake a lot. But I dont think the rest of the world has anything close to our WWF. I bet your real proud of that great American invention. Probably rooted for the Iron Shiek. And Andre the Giant made most of his money here, not in France.

chromer
07-13-2006, 12:42 AM

I guess the Frog-Arab girly-boy couldn't handle the trash-talk ... so he decided to get out of the heat ... and back to mama's kitchen.

But it's not just a Frog thing ... all those puzzyfooting soccer wusses are girly-boys ... always swan-diving ... holding their shins and crying ... and whining constantly.

They can keep it.

Take, for instance, the head butt to the chest.

First off, who but a soccer player would think of this? I guess the use of hands just never occurs to them anymore. 'I'm pissed off. I'm gonna have to headbutt that guy". Okay.

Next the target. The chest? Really? Next to my ass I can't think of anywhere I would prefer to take a solid hit then the breastplate. I'm not saying I'd want to take Ali's best shot in his prime but given the choice of that or my face, I'm going chest.

Finally, the result. What kind of puzzy goes down on the ground from a headbutt to the chest? Are you kidding me? This guy should be modeling women's underwear. Man up you freakin' little girl.

Not that soccer could ever sink much lower on the sports scale but even fans have to admit that the little pantywaist flopping after this embarrassed himself and the sport.

They do have 1 thing right though. Maybe next year we can have the Superbowl decided by a field goal contest at the end. Pathetic.

Unbridled
07-13-2006, 08:32 AM
[QUOTE}. We are the French, and the French are US.[/QUOTE]

not so much. go to google and type in "french victories" and then click on 'I'm Feeling Lucky'. Classic.

pgardn
07-13-2006, 08:54 AM
Take, for instance, the head butt to the chest.

First off, who but a soccer player would think of this? I guess the use of hands just never occurs to them anymore. 'I'm pissed off. I'm gonna have to headbutt that guy". Okay.

Next the target. The chest? Really? Next to my ass I can't think of anywhere I would prefer to take a solid hit then the breastplate. I'm not saying I'd want to take Ali's best shot in his prime but given the choice of that or my face, I'm going chest.

Finally, the result. What kind of puzzy goes down on the ground from a headbutt to the chest? Are you kidding me? This guy should be modeling women's underwear. Man up you freakin' little girl.

Not that soccer could ever sink much lower on the sports scale but even fans have to admit that the little pantywaist flopping after this embarrassed himself and the sport.

They do have 1 thing right though. Maybe next year we can have the Superbowl decided by a field goal contest at the end. Pathetic.

Chromer my good man. Brian McBride of the US has a titanium plate in his head (this is actually true).
A head butt to the chest could kill a man. You obviously have not payed close attention to OUR wonderful sport of wrestling. The figure four leg lock, the atomic drop, a full or half suplex, the pile driver...they are all deadly. The problem is there is no real explaination on how to get your foe into one of these deadly holds or throws. A bit of cooperation is required dont ya know. So Zidane did what any angry soccer player would do. If you throw a punch without a glove you can break a finger or wrist bone. So these guys use the excess calcium deposits built up on their skulls. I would have tried to throw a headbutt to the shin or ankle (as they go down in a heap everytime these parts are touched), but thats my little quirk.

Soccer is a great sport. Im sorry the world cup had to end. Now I am left with baseball. Nope. I'll watch the WNBA thank you very much.

Bold Brooklynite
07-13-2006, 08:58 AM
Ya just dont go tellin people their mother AND sister wear army boots. Thats big time trash talkin.

Fake sport. They do fake a lot. But I dont think the rest of the world has anything close to our WWF. I bet your real proud of that great American invention. Probably rooted for the Iron Shiek. And Andre the Giant made most of his money here, not in France.
Pssst ... pssst ... pgardn ... psst ... over here ... it's time for me to reveal another secret ... but I only want you to know it ... not anyone else.

OK ... here it is ... are you ready ... hold on ... because this is a real blockbuster ... it'll really shock you ... OK? ... OK ... here it is ...

The WWF isn't a sport ... yeah, you heard me right ... the WWF isn't a sport ... it's an entertainment show ... with a script, rehearsals, acting coaches ... the whole works ... it's a complete fake ... yup ... just a show ... not a competitive event.

But ... please ... please don't tell this to anyone else ... because they all think it's REAL !!!

pgardn
07-13-2006, 09:27 AM
Pssst ... pssst ... pgardn ... psst ... over here ... it's time for me to reveal another secret ... but I only want you to know it ... not anyone else.

OK ... here it is ... are you ready ... hold on ... because this is a real blockbuster ... it'll really shock you ... OK? ... OK ... here it is ...

The WWF isn't a sport ... yeah, you heard me right ... the WWF isn't a sport ... it's an entertainment show ... with a script, rehearsals, acting coaches ... the whole works ... it's a complete fake ... yup ... just a show ... not a competitive event.

But ... please ... please don't tell this to anyone else ... because they all think it's REAL !!!

Yep. Thats the good ole US of A. We buy anything.
And legitimate sports are also entertainment shows with entertainers playing, and sometimes acting. Most of them are unscripted however (no, Joe Horn calling his mom on the cell phone after discovering it under the goal post pad was apparently scripted. ...) Some people think horse racing is scripted SHH shhh

Oh yes. The WWF events are most often frequented by old right wingers that cant see or hear anymore. shhhh, I know you been. Has Hulk Hogan quit yet?

BellamyRd.
07-13-2006, 10:12 AM
chromer, you're nuts if
you think that a head-butt
to the chest is not potentially lethal
I would press full charges on ZZ for attempted murder
my parent's best friends were at a little league game
in PA, and they don't hit like Bonds
but one kid soaked up a line-drive to the chest
and it killed the poor kid, right then and there
ZZ is getting off light, with Prime Ministers coming to his defense
if I am Silvio Berlusconi I'm about ready to crop dust all of France
with atomic energy

"Now then, Dmitri, you know how we've always talked about the possibility of something going wrong with the Bomb... The *Bomb*, Dmitri... The *hydrogen* bomb!... Well now, what happened is... ah... one of our base commanders, he had a sort of... well, he went a little funny in the head..."

Bold Brooklynite
07-13-2006, 10:40 AM
And Andre the Giant made most of his money here, not in France.
Sorry you missed the wonderful evening of splendid cuisine he and I had together.

But not to worry ... it was recorded for posterity. Just go to any video rental store and ask for it ... My Dinner With Andre The Giant.

pgardn
07-13-2006, 12:50 PM
Sorry you missed the wonderful evening of splendid cuisine he and I had together.

But not to worry ... it was recorded for posterity. Just go to any video rental store and ask for it ... My Dinner With Andre The Giant.

OK. Ill give you some respect if you sat through that one.

somerfrost
07-13-2006, 01:20 PM
Well, I hate soccer...boring to the max to me! I think the poor guy has been dumped on enough for the head butt...he is/was apparently one of the best players in the world and anyone is entitled to a mistake "in the heat of battle". Now, WWE...don't go knocking my girls and boys, I've been a loyal fan since the days of Antonio Rocco (sp?) and the like. Pro Wrestling is a great piece of performance art...takes skill and athletic ability and Vince is pure genius! As the Nature Boy would say, "Wooooooooooooooooooo!!!"

Bold Brooklynite
07-13-2006, 01:30 PM
[QUOTE=somerfrostI've been a loyal fan since the days of Antonio Rocco (sp?) [/QUOTE]

Antonino "Argentina" Rocca ... would bounce around the ring barefoot ... and always beat the bad guys.

Yeah ... pro wrestling was fun for little kids on jumpy 12" black-and-white TV's in the early 1950's ...

... Gene Stanley, Vince Martinelli, Killer Kowalski ... great fun for 9YOS.

oracle80
07-13-2006, 02:27 PM
TB is still a loyal fan of WWE.. the match up TB wanted to see more than anything was goldberg against the mighty stone cold steve austin... who would of won? the spear of the stunner.. oh baby!! TB is getting hype just thinking about it.... TB isn't a big fan or edge or the spirit squad(basically anybody on vince's side)... generation X is finally back(besides china and xpac). its good to see sean micheals and triple H back on the same side... oh yea, and it was a thing of beauty when the almighty hulk hogan picked up and slammed adre the giant
The Tb faithful are anxiously awaiting the start of college football season.

alysheba4
07-13-2006, 03:12 PM
hell yes i cant wait for ncaa football......... i think that italian dude should get the oscar........ what a ****ing flop job.

somerfrost
07-13-2006, 03:31 PM
TB is still a loyal fan of WWE.. the match up TB wanted to see more than anything was goldberg against the mighty stone cold steve austin... who would of won? the spear of the stunner.. oh baby!! TB is getting hype just thinking about it.... TB isn't a big fan or edge or the spirit squad(basically anybody on vince's side)... generation X is finally back(besides china and xpac). its good to see sean micheals and triple H back on the same side... oh yea, and it was a thing of beauty when the almighty hulk hogan picked up and slammed adre the giant

Never a big fan of Austin, I think the character got off to a bad start for me with his home invasion of Brian Pillman's house and Pillman bringing out a gun! I loved Goldberg, but his stuff did grow old. The best remains the many faces of Nick Foley...Dude Love, Mankind, Cactus Jack...you ever see those Florida matches with Catus Jack in barbed wire? Kevin Sullivan was a great character; Free Birds, Road Warriors, Minnesota Wrecking Crew, Four Horsemen, Fabulous Kangaroos...great stuff!!

alysheba4
07-13-2006, 04:31 PM
mr. perfect and the million dollar man ruled........

oracle80
07-13-2006, 05:06 PM
have no fear oracle... TB's knowledge on college football is just to great to keep for himself... TB will share his knowledge on college football with all of the TB faithful

IN TB WE TRUST
The throngs of Tb faithful will be anxiously awaiting the selections from the peerless football prognosticator every Friday. It will be known as free money friday among the Tb faithful.

chromer
07-13-2006, 08:09 PM
chromer, you're nuts if
you think that a head-butt
to the chest is not potentially lethal
I would press full charges on ZZ for attempted murder
my parent's best friends were at a little league game
in PA, and they don't hit like Bonds
but one kid soaked up a line-drive to the chest
and it killed the poor kid, right then and there
ZZ is getting off light, with Prime Ministers coming to his defense
if I am Silvio Berlusconi I'm about ready to crop dust all of France
with atomic energy

"Now then, Dmitri, you know how we've always talked about the possibility of something going wrong with the Bomb... The *Bomb*, Dmitri... The *hydrogen* bomb!... Well now, what happened is... ah... one of our base commanders, he had a sort of... well, he went a little funny in the head..."

I withdraw my comment. Lord knows no one has ever been killed by a baseball to the head. Your personal experience should definetly outweigh common sense.

I'm swing a bat. Your head or your chest. Your call.

This isn't even a debate.