PDA

View Full Version : NY - Holiday Happy Hour

pmacdaddy
12-03-2007, 07:13 PM
Still a couple weeks out, but a few of us are hoping to get together before the Holidays. Nothing fancy, just a few drinks and plays.

Looking at Thursday, December 20th - Austin's Ale House in Kew Gardens (Queens). Directly adjacent to Kew Gardens LIRR platform.

Good place for food, drinks and OTB right in the bar. Probably start around 5PM give or take. Anyone who wants to stop by is more than welcome.

Tentatively signed up so far:
Myself
Pointman
Viscount26
Cardus
Trifecta124
Max Caidy
Kenny p

Few guys went there for Ian's Birthday and didn't have any fun...

GPK
12-03-2007, 07:59 PM
Still a couple weeks out, but a few of us are hoping to get together before the Holidays. Nothing fancy, just a few drinks and plays.

Looking at Thursday, December 20th - Austin's Ale House in Kew Gardens (Queens). Directly adjacent to Kew Gardens LIRR platform.

Good place for food, drinks and OTB right in the bar. Probably start around 5PM give or take. Anyone who wants to stop by is more than welcome.

Myself
Pointman
Viscount26
Cardus
Trifecta124
Max Caidy

P....Id be a little leary about being seen with that guy in public..

GPK
12-03-2007, 08:20 PM
I hear what you're saying, but Austin's is an out of the way place where countless few would see you with Ian; little to no damage to your reputation!

still too risky for me...besides, he drinks some really wierd kinda beer. Although when I drank it at Toga is was ok...it was free:D

pmacdaddy
12-03-2007, 08:23 PM
P....Id be a little leary about being seen with that guy in public..

It's funny. We go Austin's quite a bit for lunch.

Ian saw a post that I was going to be there for the first SWLY race and shot me a message to say he hangs out there. He said ask the bartended to point out "English Ian'.

So I asked the bartender, and her exact response was "Jesus Christ, what the f*ck are you looking for him for??"...

Fun guy, fun place... Definitely going to designate a driver or make LIRR plans for the 20th.

GPK
12-03-2007, 08:28 PM
It's funny. We go Austin's quite a bit for lunch.

Ian saw a post that I was going to be there for the first SWLY race and shot me a message to say he hangs out there. He said ask the bartended to point out "English Ian'.

So I asked the bartender, and her exact response was "Jesus Christ, what the f*ck are you looking for him for??"...

Fun guy, fun place... Definitely going to designate a driver or make LIRR plans for the 20th.

Where ever he hangs, he is sure to be the ugliest person in there.

viscount26
12-04-2007, 06:35 AM
Where ever he hangs, he is sure to be the ugliest person in there.

And you thought I wouldn't respond eh. Good to see everyone thinks highly of me
:D

p.s Pats are 12-0 so I don't give a rats a**

GPK
12-04-2007, 10:39 AM
If we didn't like ya, we wouldn't talk sh*t about ya. Clearly one of the coolest old guys I have ever met.

Bigsmc
12-04-2007, 10:51 AM

Shocking....

Clearly one of the coolest old guys I have ever met.

Cool doesn't come to mind when I think of Ian, but old does.

GPK
12-04-2007, 11:03 AM
Shocking....

Cool doesn't come to mind when I think of Ian, but old does.

Like you, he did give me a couple free beers at Toga...so I gotta think he is somewhat cool.

Bigsmc
12-04-2007, 03:30 PM
Like you, he did give me a couple free beers at Toga...so I gotta think he is somewhat cool.

Just giving him a little taste of his own medicine. I've got your redneck back....:D

kenny p
12-04-2007, 03:44 PM

Myself
Pointman
Viscount26
Cardus
Trifecta124
Max Caidy

Would like to stop by for a few. Are all DTers welcome?

GPK
12-04-2007, 03:54 PM
Just giving him a little taste of his own medicine. I've got your redneck back....:D

Thats right...gang up on the Irishman:D

pmacdaddy
12-04-2007, 03:58 PM
Would like to stop by for a few. Are all DTers welcome?

Absoloutely! Come on down...

kenny p
12-04-2007, 04:35 PM
Absoloutely! Come on down...
Ill most likely be there. Its on Austin St?

kenny p
12-04-2007, 04:46 PM
I'm assuming that you're somewhat local. Austin's is a neat place, with more than enough screens broadcasting racing.

I attended the "gala" for Ian's birthday a few months ago.

You'll have a great time, and if you take the LIRR, the platform practically touches Austin's outside patio. The subways are a lot further away.
Ill take the LIRR. Hopefully Ill be done early that day and can make it KP

pmacdaddy
12-04-2007, 06:36 PM
Maybe I will get some free beer for advertising...

http://austinsteakandalehouse.com/wagering.html

GPK
12-04-2007, 06:43 PM
Maybe I will get some free beer for advertising...

http://austinsteakandalehouse.com/wagering.html

good luck with that....but at least you made me hungry, thirsty and jonesing to bet...

GPK
12-04-2007, 06:50 PM
that place looks way too clasy for Ian. I can't believe they would even let a Brit in there anyways...:D

viscount26
12-05-2007, 06:26 AM
Thats right...gang up on the Irishman:D

Irish!!! :eek: Try further East
That should upset Brockguy

viscount26
12-05-2007, 06:26 AM
that place looks way too clasy for Ian. I can't believe they would even let a Brit in there anyways...:D

It's classy, because I drink there
:D

viscount26
12-05-2007, 06:33 AM
Ill take the LIRR. Hopefully Ill be done early that day and can make it KP

Kenny,
I guess you will have to ask for me as the Bartender that day will be a certain Irish Lady. I have no doubt that she will say " Thats the English eedjit or something worse over there"

Hope to see you

viscount26
12-14-2007, 06:34 AM
Okay Gents,
Who's definately confirmed for next Thursday

pmacdaddy
12-14-2007, 08:08 AM
Myself, Trifecta124 and Max Caidy will be heading right from work.

Maybe we can pool for a Cali pick4 play.

GPK
12-14-2007, 09:16 AM
bunch of drunks....all of yall

philcski
12-14-2007, 11:23 AM
I'm probably in to play some Turfway with you degenerates :D

pmacdaddy
12-14-2007, 01:07 PM
Shooting for 5PM. I have been successful juggling my schedule so far.

Calendar reads - AAH Holiday Party

Mortimer
12-14-2007, 04:55 PM
Shooting for 5PM. I have been successful juggling my schedule so far.

Calendar reads - AAH Holiday Party

I wouldn't miss this for the meteor.

pmacdaddy
12-19-2007, 08:45 PM
See you guys tomorrow evening.

Have to be in brooklyn in the afternoon, hope to get there early enough to catch a couple FG races.

Be there by 6PM regardless.

Mortimer
12-19-2007, 08:55 PM
Who is regardless?

Rileyoriley
12-19-2007, 09:08 PM
Who is regardless?

Brother of nevertheless.

Mortimer
12-19-2007, 09:32 PM
Brother of nevertheless.

Ah..you are always so right.

pmacdaddy
12-20-2007, 09:21 PM
Great time fellas. Let's do it again sooner than later.

Maybe we can hit the Playwright in Manhattan next time.

Take care

kenny p
12-22-2007, 11:03 AM
I had a good time. Let me know when you guys do it again. Pmac thanks again for the ride home. We should all meet at the track one day. Maybe for the Wood or something. Good Luck in 08. KP

pmacdaddy
12-22-2007, 11:37 AM
I had a good time. Let me know when you guys do it again. Pmac thanks again for the ride home. We should all meet at the track one day. Maybe for the Wood or something. Good Luck in 08. KP

No prob Kenny. Was a pleasure to meet all you guys. Your first hand accounts of Secretariat's Belmont, is certainly something you don't get to hear everyday....

We usually hit the Wood for sure. Let's pencil it in.

Enjoy the Holidays.