PDA

View Full Version : Point Determined ?

Secretariat
06-01-2006, 12:04 PM
any info on why this horse is notheaded to belmont.
is baffeert keeping him fresh for a race in Ca soon ?

Cajungator26
06-01-2006, 12:56 PM
any info on why this horse is notheaded to belmont.
is baffeert keeping him fresh for a race in Ca soon ?

I wondered the same thing. Kev told me a couple of months ago that this colt would be a good choice for the Belmont... I've been on him ever since and wonder why he's not going instead of Bob and John. :confused:

Thunder Gulch
06-01-2006, 03:29 PM
I'm surprised he's holding back as well. Hope it's nothing to be concerned with.

1st_Saturday_in_May
06-01-2006, 03:33 PM
Baffert has given no explanation for Point Determined not running, but he does list the June 17 Affirmed Handicap (Gr. III) as the colt's next objective.

Skip away
06-01-2006, 03:40 PM
Hes no better than an average grade 3 horse. if Baffert didnt train him you'd hear zilch about him. Why isnt he going? Because he wouldnt have much of a chance against Bluegrass Cat, Jazil and Steppenwolfer, 3 horses who beat him by 200 yards in the Derby. Why all the fuss about this horse who has only broken his maiden and beaten billygoats at Golden Gate? :rolleyes:

Unbridled
06-01-2006, 03:43 PM
I saw him derby day and although his pedigree suggests that he'd love to run all day long, he looks like a miler to me and his races have shown that as well; thus probably why he's not entered in the Belmont and running in the Affirmed, which is 1 1/16.

Cajungator26
06-01-2006, 03:46 PM
I saw him derby day and although his pedigree suggests that he'd love to run all day long, he looks like a miler to me and his races have shown that as well; thus probably why he's not entered in the Belmont and running in the Affirmed, which is 1 1/16.

Thank you for a reasonable explanation.

Thunder Gulch
06-01-2006, 05:08 PM
I disagree strongly that he looks like a miler. I think he is just a bit immature right now and hasn't figured out how to handle the turns where he seems to lose ground. However, he has nice tactical speed and finished strongly when asked in a couple of 9f outings which tells me there is a lot more horse inside thig guy.