PDA

View Full Version : NY Derby

Downthestretch55
07-12-2006, 11:22 AM
Will be run this Sat as the 2nd leg of the Big Apple Triple.
Sure would be nice to see it hit for a NY bred. I'll go with Ferocious Won.
If you're not into NY racing, don't bother to reply.
If you are, give your thoughts.....

Finger Lakes - July 15th, 2006 - Race 8
New York Derby - Grade:
Estimated Local Post Time: 4:19 PM
Race Type: Stakes
Breed: Thoroughbred
Age Restriction: Three Year Old
Restriction: State Bred Purse: $150,000
Distance:One And One Sixteenth Miles
Surface: Dirt
Post Horse Name Age Sex Weight Jockey Name
1 Ferocious Won (NY) 3 Colt 119 John A. Grabowski
2 Shuffling Maddnes (NY) 3 Colt 117 Paul A. Nicol, Jr.
3 Saratoga Jet (NY) 3 Colt 119 Jeremias Flores
4 Fire One Up (NY) 3 Colt 117 John R. Davila, Jr.
5 Indian Hawke (NY) 3 Gelding 117 Joe M. Johnson
6 New Testament (NY) 3 Colt 117 (No Rider)
7 Always Albert (NY) 3 Colt 119 (No Rider)
8 Judge Tommy D. (NY) 3 Colt 115 Paul A. Nicol, Jr.
9 He's a Lumberjack (NY) 3 Colt 115 Kristi L. Chapman

hockey2315
07-12-2006, 02:53 PM
i was at fingerlakes last weekend the day toss the feather ran. . . it wasn't as much of a dump as i expected. . . no saratoga though. . . i think there's a lot of value there too. . . hit the early double that paid $329 or something. . . haven't looked at PPs for the NY derby yet but I like Saratoga Jet . . . not sure what the m/l will be though

Downthestretch55
07-12-2006, 03:10 PM
i was at fingerlakes last weekend the day toss the feather ran. . . it wasn't as much of a dump as i expected. . . no saratoga though. . . i think there's a lot of value there too. . . hit the early double that paid $329 or something. . . haven't looked at PPs for the NY derby yet but I like Saratoga Jet . . . not sure what the m/l will be though
Hockey,
Finger Lakes has great opportunities. Other posters on this board have also said so. If you follow the works and look at the pools, you'll find value.
FL certainly isn't Saratoga, but not a dump at all. Pretty nice for a small track. And the slots have boosted the purses.
Look for horses to show up from other tracks, for example TakingTheRedEye, who just shipped up from downstate. Not just that one. If you follow Belmont or Aqueduct, you'll see some that you've followed show up.

I'll stay with my pick,,,Ferocious Won, cause he won the Mike Lee, and I want to see a Big Apple winner. It will do a lot for NY breds.
btw...lots of horses start out at FL...remember The Daddy?

Good luck!

deltaforce97
07-12-2006, 06:56 PM
Hockey,
Finger Lakes has great opportunities. Other posters on this board have also said so. If you follow the works and look at the pools, you'll find value.
FL certainly isn't Saratoga, but not a dump at all. Pretty nice for a small track. And the slots have boosted the purses.
Look for horses to show up from other tracks, for example TakingTheRedEye, who just shipped up from downstate. Not just that one. If you follow Belmont or Aqueduct, you'll see some that you've followed show up.

I'll stay with my pick,,,Ferocious Won, cause he won the Mike Lee, and I want to see a Big Apple winner. It will do a lot for NY breds.
btw...lots of horses start out at FL...remember The Daddy?

Good luck!

I was there on Saturday too. Going along the TakingTheRedEye line, Scary Bob should be tough this Saturday in the 6th.

Without seeing the PPs, I'll lean toward Fire One Up......

Hickory Hill Hoff
07-13-2006, 06:53 AM
Was up there the year Sweet Ricky won it in 2001. I agree with Downthestretch, if you read the conditions good - you can make money there. The non winners lifetime I & II claimers and other conditions are now
being run downstate since P.J. Campo took over. That has spiced up winter racing in N.Y. Been up there only once they got VLT's though. If you have N.Y. breds and they can't cut it downstate, Finger Lakes is the place for you.

Downthestretch55
07-15-2006, 08:26 PM
Congrats to Ferocious Won and his connections for the victory.
Next is the Albany at Toga...and we'll have a Big Apple Triple winner!

sumitas
07-15-2006, 09:14 PM
Congrats to all. I was pulling for New Testament but it was not to be.