PDA

View Full Version : BELMONT: 7/12 (5th-9th)

Kasept
07-12-2006, 06:49 AM
Tuesday's Delaware efforts (results below) amounted to a lot of work to make $8... (It was much better if you laid off my lousy P4 try). Wednesday we return to Belmont for the start of the last fortnight of Big Sandy racing as the focus begins to shift to Saratoga in earnest.

The 3rd today on Hempsted Ave. features the return of Commentator, the brilliant but tender NY-bred gelded son of Distorted Humor who annexed the Whitney in 2005 for Tracy Farmer and Nick Zito. Away since his distant third to Saint Liam and stablemate Sir Shakleton in the Woodward, Commentator begins his 5yo campaign in the overnight Mugatea for state breds... (The under-rated Laurie LaFavers saddles #1 Bold Decision (6-1) here, and the red gelding is the horse that provides the most serious challenge to Commentator).

SELECTIONS -- BEL, 7/12/06 (R5-9), Grand Slam, P4

5th: CLM, F&M-4+, 1m

1. #1 Pulpit Harbor 7-5: Lake veteran makes start #80; 41x ITM
2. #3 Sheer Silk 7-2: Turf to dirt for Carlos; Wheels back in 11 days
A. #4 Prosperous Queen 5-1: Mr. Jerkens sends Chantal third off break
B. #7 Miami Princess 12-1: Sedlacek bay filly gets speed to chase

6th: CLM/N2L, 4+, 8.5f-T

1. #1 Upthecreekwithali 6-5: Pletcher geldingran well on lawn two back
2. #6 King Hoss 4-1: Hot Kimmel returns El Prado gelding off MClm wire job
A. #10 I'ma a Fax 12-1: 1 for 30 gelding ships in with Nick the Stick
B. #3 World Series 8-1: Gyarmati tries sod again, adds Jara

LONGSHOT ALERT: #8 Here's Ya Souvenir 10-1: Inclined to use consistent bay gelding in exotics with 'Gogo on'; Has improved steadily since exiting Breen clinic..

7th: NYB-ALW/N1X, F&M-3+, 6f-IT

1. #4 Mohegan Sky 5-2: Back with Rice gray who broke mdn on cutback
2. #5 Brooke Haley 5-1: Tony D. deadly (38%) returning in less than a week
A. #9 Vicaracci 12-1: Our man Sciacca hitting with alacrity; Got from Gullo
B. #6 Symphony of Psalms 3-1: Frankel import has hit sour notes; Cuts back

8th: OC/N1X, F&M-3+, 6f

1. #1 Baby Bird 5-2: Dutrow Cape Town filly won debut, can stalk, adds Lasix
2. #6 Zippy Shannon 4-1: Richie S. red always fires; ITM 8 of 9
3. #3 Albany County 12-1: Lone off pace candidate in field of speed

9th: NYB-MSW, F&M-3+, 6f-IT

1. #5 Rausehenbachs Halo 6-1: Aquillino filly gone since fall '05; tough if ready
2. #7 Crispy Lights 5-2: Purdy-bred (Sharp Humor) another away since fall
A. #9 Jetastik 8-1: Yet one more player that returns from extended vacation
B. #11 Mad About Fontaine 10-1: Mig adds luster to 4th comebacker tab here

LONGSHOT ALERT/SUPER ADD IN: #3 Knockout Lucy (30-1) fired 3f bullet in :36.0 at Big A 6/21... Threat to get out early and hang on late to juice super..

P4:

6: 1-3-6
7: 4-5-6-9
8: 1
9: 5-7-9-11

3x4x1x4 = $48

Good luck..
Steve

Miller
07-12-2006, 07:00 PM
How many things got broken!!!

GPK
07-12-2006, 07:07 PM
that IM A FAX piece of.....GD horse cost me the pick 4.

Kasept
07-12-2006, 07:19 PM
How many things got broken!!!

Miller,

Nothing on my end.. Was a very good day. I feel VERY badly though as I had included Ima a Fax in the P4 and was all excited when he won... Tri was just under $400.. Then after the single (Baby Bird) won, I checked and saw that 'Fax' wasn't in the 4 as written and felt like an idiot. He was the third choice and I hope some people saw that and went off the individual race tabs to catch the $1,200+... I talked about Ima a Fax pretty extensively on ATRAB Tuesday night, so I'm hopeful some listeners nailed the 4...

GPK
07-12-2006, 07:23 PM
Miller,

Nothing on my end.. Was a very good day. I feel VERY badly though as I had included Ima a Fax in the P4 and was all excited when he won... Tri was just under $400.. Then after the single (Baby Bird) won, I checked and saw that 'Fax' wasn't in the 4 as written and felt like an idiot. He was the third choice and I hope some people saw that and went off the individual race tabs to catch the $1,200+... I talked about Ima a Fax pretty extensively on ATRAB Tuesday night, so I'm hopeful some listeners nailed the 4...

F that horse Stevo...LOL:D

Gander
07-12-2006, 07:26 PM
Kev- It cost most people the pick 4. The rest of the sequence was nothing but chalk...$5, $6 and $4.

Nice catch Steve.

Kasept
07-12-2006, 07:26 PM
F that horse Stevo...LOL:D

Kev,

What's funny about Fax was that I was drawn to him originally because Santagata was coming up to ride him... Then Fragoso ends up on him... He stuck out like a sore thumb in that group. The only concern for me was the 10 hole.

GPK
07-12-2006, 07:31 PM
Kev,

What's funny about Fax was that I was drawn to him originally because Santagata was coming up to ride him... Then Fragoso ends up on him... He stuck out like a sore thumb in that group. The only concern for me was the 10 hole.

It's my own fault Steve...I got cheap in the Pick 4 and wanted 2 singles, so I used Upthecreek and Baby Bird as my singles. Oh well....live to bet another day.

GPK
07-12-2006, 07:33 PM
Help me out...teach me something. Why did he stick out to you like a sore thumb?

Kasept
07-12-2006, 07:51 PM
Help me out...teach me something. Why did he stick out to you like a sore thumb?

OK.. A bunch of things...

It was a group of Belmont knockers that had been basically kicking around the N1X, N2L, NYB-N1x, $35k claiming level... Here's a horse that just exited Open Allowance company for $39k at DEL with a solid effort losing by 3.25L. They send him up to Pat Kelly to run in NY in a $35k claimer/N2L... Three back he ran well in a $27k ALW at Atlantic City, and this was basically a drop for him back to a similar level at PIM where he missed by 1.5L.

He has had legit trouble/excuses in his those races and his previous BEL try.. The 12 hole in Oct '05 at BEL.. Steadied during his rally at ACRC.. 5 wide at PIM.. Bad break at DEL.. In the three recent races, the paces were glacial and yet he still got his run in. There figured to be a better target for him to chase here with Tact. Fein, King Hoss, Ali and Curlew signed on, and despite the 1 win in 30 tries, this goofy horse did have 7 seconds. His recent figs were as fast as any of the grass runners entered, he was clearly in form, and it was a soft spot.

He was the outsider... The pig with the least oink..

zippyneedsawin
07-12-2006, 08:16 PM

It was a group of Belmont knockers that had been basically kicking around the N1X, N2L, NYB-N1x, $35k claiming level... Here's a horse that just exited Open Allowance company for $39k at DEL with a solid effort losing by 3.25L. They send him up to Pat Kelly to run in NY in a $35k claimer/N2L... Three back he ran well in a $27k ALW at Atlantic City, and this was basically a drop for him back to a similar level at PIM where he missed by 1.5L.

He has had legit trouble/excuses in his those races and his previous BEL try.. The 12 hole in Oct '05 at BEL.. Steadied during his rally at ACRC.. 5 wide at PIM.. Bad break at DEL.. In the three recent races, the paces were glacial and yet he still got his run in. There figured to be a better target for him to chase here with Tact. Fein, King Hoss, Ali and Curlew signed on, and despite the 1 win in 30 tries, this goofy horse did have 7 seconds. His recent figs were as fast as any of the grass runners entered, he was clearly in form, and it was a soft spot.

LOL.. the pig with the least oink?? Can I used that one?? :D

Miller
07-13-2006, 09:00 AM
No disrespect about your picks but if I had all 5 of the picks and the P6 wasn't won I would be throwing things because at least in my own mind I would have picked Coa in the 4th. Knowing me I probably would say I singled him in my mind!!!
I guess you don't break pencils and toss things around like me.

Keep Picking!!!!

Miller

GPK
07-13-2006, 09:27 AM

Thanks Steve. I figured if he couldn't win at AC, I didn't think he could win at Belmont.

Oh well....lesson learned.