PDA

View Full Version : Delta Jackpot, December 7

dylbert
11-18-2007, 10:30 PM
Anyone headed to Delta Downs for Delta Jackpot night on Friday, December 7? I am planning trip and would like to meet fellow Derby Trail members. I had great time there last year. Jackpot was great race and undercard was excellent as well.

ALostTexan
11-19-2007, 12:30 AM
Not going to make it down there, but how is Delta Downs? Is the place horseplayer friendly? I should be back down in the area later on, and would love to know what to expect...

dylbert
11-30-2007, 06:25 PM
One more week until Delta Jackpot... hope to see you there!

Delta has promotion pick EXACT ORDER of finish in Jackpot and win $1 million. I will at least toss entry into barrel.

Nice article at drf.com discussing possible entry -- some very nice horse may appear next Friday there. Link: http://www.drf.com/news/article/90717.html

Come on down the bayou and pass a good time -- ahhh, eeeee!!!

dylbert
12-05-2007, 07:31 PM
Outstanding draw yesterday -- looking forward to great night at Delta Downs!

Two starters from Breeders' Cup Juvenile, Overextended (P. Valenzuela) and Z Humor (Gomez) joined by undefeated Cave's Valley (Dominguez) and Iroquois show horse, St. Joe (Bejarano). Jackpot prep, Jean Lafitte Stakes, returns two runners, winner Golden Yank (Melancon) and third-place finisher Take The Money (Bridgmohan). Cajun favorite jockeys, Borel and Albarado return to Bayou State and will ride Turf War and Racecar Rhapsody, respectively. Others include Betatron (Mena) who ran fourth in Saratoga Special and Cudjo (C.C. Bourque) who chase Cave's Valley in two Delaware Park stakes.

Other stakes -- Delta Princess, Sam's Town, and Treasure Chest should generated excitement in southwest Louisiana as well. $100,000 guaranteed all-stakes Pick 4 will highlight betting menu.

Come pass a good time with us down the bayou Friday night! ahhh-eeeee