PDA

View Full Version : Bonds May Be Indicted Within a Week

Rupert Pupkin
07-11-2006, 02:34 PM
BArry Bonds may be in big trouble. The New York Daily News is reporting that Bonds may be indicted by a federal grand jury within a week or so. He will supposedly be charged with two counts. The first count is for tax evasion. The second count is for lying to the grand jury. If convicted, he will probably go to jail.

boldruler
07-11-2006, 02:47 PM
BArry Bonds may be in big trouble. The New York Daily News is reporting that Bonds may be indicted by a federal grand jury within a week or so. He will supposedly be charged with two counts. The first count is for tax evasion. The second count is for lying to the grand jury. If convicted, he will probably go to jail.

He is definitely guilty of the tax evasion. The story is he hasn't reported hundreds of thousands in money made from signing baseball cards.

whorstman
07-11-2006, 04:37 PM

Fat fine, probation, that's about it.

SCUDSBROTHER
07-11-2006, 04:42 PM
DOUBT HE GOES TO PRISON. I won't be surprised if he gets a tumor the size of a grapefruit though.

Rupert Pupkin
07-11-2006, 05:15 PM
I don't think there will be any way for him to avoid jail time if convicted. Those are very serious offenses. Pete Rose went to jail for tax evasion.

Gander
07-11-2006, 05:18 PM
Pete Rose was a great ball player but a scumbag as a human being, for what he put his poor friend and family through. Geez, with all his money the least he could have done is sport a decent haircut. That bowl look was awful.

2MinsToPost
07-11-2006, 05:30 PM
You should read his book, it is an interesting read

Pete Rose was a great ball player but a scumbag as a human being, for what he put his poor friend and family through. Geez, with all his money the least he could have done is sport a decent haircut. That bowl look was awful.

Bold Brooklynite
07-11-2006, 06:53 PM
Well ... at least ...

... at least they won't have to worry about him squeezing his head through the prison bars.

alysheba4
07-13-2006, 04:44 PM
i had dugout seats as a young kid when the big red machine played the dodgers...... i think it was 1973 or 74. pete was awesome.