PDA

View Full Version : Show Me the Money, at HP

my miss storm cat
11-09-2007, 01:49 PM
For anyone who wants to sign up, you still have a little time.....

http://www.hollywoodpark.com/contest/

letswastemoney
11-12-2007, 12:07 AM
The SA winner only had to last 17 racing days. It seems so easy.........I wonder why more people don't win this thing

Scav
11-12-2007, 12:09 AM
I got knocked out today with Frankel's rat, I would say more the 50% got knocked out today.

letswastemoney
11-12-2007, 02:35 AM
I got knocked out today with Frankel's rat, I would say more the 50% got knocked out today.

Really? You went with the 9th race which had a 10 horse field? I went with the 3rd race and Well Armed because it was a 6 horse field.

I'll try to stick to 6 horse fields when I can...Except if it's a really obvious stakes race....Like when Nobiz Like Shobiz comes to town, I'll probably go with him no matter how large the field is. (if I'm still alive by that point, which I probably won't be lol)

jwkniska
11-12-2007, 09:24 AM
count me out too... had Air Commander in the 3rd

2Hot4TV
11-15-2007, 05:52 PM
Looks like another blood bath today. Might be down to 400. I guess it's not so easy.

letswastemoney
11-15-2007, 06:14 PM
THank God I switched to D Pirates Marker rather than Angel Craft after looking at the PPs!!! I'm still alive.

2Hot4TV
11-16-2007, 11:30 PM
And after friday nite it will be down to 120 left. Last a week and win.

2Hot4TV
11-17-2007, 11:28 AM
I was wrong it's down to 87 after friday nite.

lemoncrush
11-20-2007, 10:01 AM
Still alive going into Wednesday (11/21).
In 5th place overall (tied for 2nd actually), which is of little consequence unless the contest lasts the entire meet, which won't happen I'm sure.

I'm looking at a few different options for my pick tomorrow, but I don't think there are any gimmes.

Should be interesting to see how many people pick the Green Monkey, who is Brad Free's best bet in the DRF. I wouldn't go near that race, much less play the Monkey, but I'm sure some people will.

Port Conway Lane
11-20-2007, 10:54 AM
Still alive going into Wednesday (11/21).
In 5th place overall (tied for 2nd actually), which is of little consequence unless the contest lasts the entire meet, which won't happen I'm sure.

I'm looking at a few different options for my pick tomorrow, but I don't think there are any gimmes.

Should be interesting to see how many people pick the Green Monkey, who is Brad Free's best bet in the DRF. I wouldn't go near that race, much less play the Monkey, but I'm sure some people will.
Although it would be a memorable way to go out in flames.

lemoncrush
11-21-2007, 01:46 PM
Kind of a tough card today for the contest.

Decided to go against the logical play (Any Kind of Storm) in the 1st race, and take a risk with highway patrol in the 7th.
Looks like he beat a big, quality field at Keenland in his debut and it's hard to go wrong with Gomez and Clement.
There's 11 horses in the race, but you've got to take some shots in this contest.
One note: On the program changes, it lists Highway Patrol as a ridgling. Does this usually have a somewhat similar positive affect as horses being a first time gelding, or is it not that signficant?

Port Conway Lane
11-21-2007, 03:45 PM
Kind of a tough card today for the contest.

Decided to go against the logical play (Any Kind of Storm) in the 1st race, and take a risk with highway patrol in the 7th.
Looks like he beat a big, quality field at Keenland in his debut and it's hard to go wrong with Gomez and Clement.
There's 11 horses in the race, but you've got to take some shots in this contest.
One note: On the program changes, it lists Highway Patrol as a ridgling. Does this usually have a somewhat similar positive affect as horses being a first time gelding, or is it not that signficant?

Good luck. 43% out after 2 races.I'd say insignificant.

lemoncrush
11-22-2007, 12:33 PM
I didn't see the race, but Highway patrol ran dead last. I don't feel as bad, as my top 3 choices to take in the contest all finished out of the money.
It went from 50 people, down to 19 in one day.

2Hot4TV
11-23-2007, 08:23 AM
Good job, too bad it couldn't of lasted a week longer to really get the nerves on edge. Next time.