PDA

View Full Version : Thorograph BC figures

golfer
11-02-2007, 03:55 AM
When using TG figs, one "projects" a number for that day's race. Normally, you can't find out if your projection was correct until said horse runs next (although depending on whether your horse ran 1st or last, you can kinda guess), but here you can check every BC horse.

Midnight Lute paired his negative 7.... English Channel ran a small new top, negative 1/4 (didn't see that coming:o )

https://www.thorograph.com/archive/files/bc2007.pdf

Cannon Shell
11-02-2007, 10:01 AM
Interesting that War Pass is now the fastest 2 year old in history with his -3

Also in a move that is sure to spark a 300 post thread...Nobiz got a 0 which was the fastest number given in the mile....

Scav
11-02-2007, 10:03 AM

Also in a move that is sure to spark a 300 post thread...Nobiz got a 0 which was the fastest number given in the mile....

The War Pass number is astonishing. I am even more impressed with Midnight Lute PAIRING a -7, that is just plain sick

sumitas
11-02-2007, 10:08 AM
The track conditions were not something that can be easily duplicated so the numbers shouldn't get anyone all too worked up.

ArlJim78
11-02-2007, 10:25 AM
The War Pass number is astonishing. I am even more impressed with Midnight Lute PAIRING a -7, that is just plain sick
it is sick, this horse may be the best horse in training now. I hope to see him stretch out, as I think he may not have any problem with distance. whatever they've done with those corrective breathing surgeries on him sure did the trick. he made those last two races look like childs play.

sumitas
11-02-2007, 10:36 AM
He'll face the equalizer at Santa Anita next BC if he makes it that far.

ArlJim78
11-02-2007, 11:05 AM
He'll face the equalizer at Santa Anita next BC if he makes it that far.
who is the equalizer?

docicu3
11-02-2007, 11:10 AM

Is Nobiz's number influenced by an inordinate number of yards saved on the trip otherwise I don't see how this one is possible.

DD

freddymo
11-02-2007, 11:11 AM
it is sick, this horse may be the best horse in training now. I hope to see him stretch out, as I think he may not have any problem with distance. whatever they've done with those corrective breathing surgeries on him sure did the trick. he made those last two races look like childs play.

He was completely loose in both races.

Scav
11-02-2007, 11:19 AM
Is Nobiz's number influenced by an inordinate number of yards saved on the trip otherwise I don't see how this one is possible.

DD

More so how wide he was on the turns. They have him 3w5w, thus the reasoning for the best number in the race

docicu3
11-02-2007, 11:21 AM
More so how wide he was on the turns. They have him 3w5w, thus the reasoning for the best number in the race

Now it's comming back to me...if you run more distance yur number is adjusted down not up..thanks Scavs....but 0.5 thats incredible!!

freddymo
11-02-2007, 11:32 AM
Now it's comming back to me...if you run more distance yur number is adjusted down not up..thanks Scavs....but 0.5 thats incredible!!

These numbers are so lazy

philcski
11-02-2007, 11:35 AM
When using TG figs, one "projects" a number for that day's race. Normally, you can't find out if your projection was correct until said horse runs next (although depending on whether your horse ran 1st or last, you can kinda guess), but here you can check every BC horse.

Midnight Lute paired his negative 7.... English Channel ran a small new top, negative 1/4 (didn't see that coming:o )

https://www.thorograph.com/archive/files/bc2007.pdf

A -7 for Midnight Lute is kind of ridiculous. Granted, the conditions of the track were ever-changing, but the Sprint was NOT that fast a time.

brianwspencer
11-03-2007, 08:08 AM
I can't DL the file at work -- anyone know what the numbers were for Ginger Punch and Hystericalady?

I know lots of people said Hystericalady would have to be several lengths better than anyone to win this, and it appeared that she was, but just not quite enough the best to overcome the post.

golfer
11-03-2007, 08:18 AM
I can't DL the file at work -- anyone know what the numbers were for Ginger Punch and Hystericalady?

I know lots of people said Hystericalady would have to be several lengths better than anyone to win this, and it appeared that she was, but just not quite enough the best to overcome the post.

Ginger Punch received a .5 .. Hystericalady got a negative 1.5
Huge difference for winner and 2nd place. Ginger Punch never left the rail, Hystericalady was 4 wide on first turn.

Bigsmc
11-03-2007, 09:01 AM
When you consider that War Pass went 1:09.65 during the running of an 8.5f race, Midnight Lute's 1:09.18 less than 90 minutes later is not that impressive OR War Pass was extremely impressive.

brianwspencer
11-03-2007, 09:03 AM
Ginger Punch received a .5 .. Hystericalady got a negative 1.5
Huge difference for winner and 2nd place. Ginger Punch never left the rail, Hystericalady was 4 wide on first turn.

That's what I figured. She was definitely my top choice, even knowing she would have to be much the best to win. She was -- and I knew that during the stretch, she just got killed by the post.

Thanks for the info!

philcski
11-03-2007, 10:12 AM
That's what I figured. She was definitely my top choice, even knowing she would have to be much the best to win. She was -- and I knew that during the stretch, she just got killed by the post.

Thanks for the info!

Steve and I also had her on top as well, and we discussed after the race- she would have gotten taken down anyways so it's almost better we were spared the ignonomy and pain.

alysheba4
11-03-2007, 11:24 AM

Also in a move that is sure to spark a 300 post thread...Nobiz got a 0 which was the fastest number given in the mile..........that is plain foolish, miesque would beat that horse like a red headed step child. war pass the fastest 2 year old in history?? whoa:D

King Glorious
11-03-2007, 11:57 AM
When you consider that War Pass went 1:09.65 during the running of an 8.5f race, Midnight Lute's 1:09.18 less than 90 minutes later is not that impressive OR War Pass was extremely impressive.

War Pass was that impressive. He's really good.

King Glorious
11-03-2007, 11:58 AM
......that is plain foolish, miesque would beat that horse like a red headed step child. war pass the fastest 2 year old in history?? whoa:D

I took it to mean the fastest of the runners in this year's Mile, not in all the runnings of the race.

cmorioles
11-03-2007, 03:17 PM

Comparing raw times on different parts of the track at different distances, especially given the condition of the the track, is pure folly.

golfer
11-03-2007, 05:34 PM
I took it to mean the fastest of the runners in this year's Mile, not in all the runnings of the race.

Yes, NoBiz earned the best figure in this year's race. But War Pass has earned the 2 fastest figs ever for a 2 year old (since TG has been making figures, obviously).

ateamstupid
11-03-2007, 05:38 PM
I think it's weird that Midnight Lute ran a 1:09 and got a -7, while Curlin ran 2:00 2/5 and only got a -4. Two different distances, I know, but that still doesn't add up.

Bigsmc
11-03-2007, 08:45 PM
Comparing raw times on different parts of the track at different distances, especially given the condition of the the track, is pure folly.

Okay. Wasn't trying to prove anything. Just thought it was interesting.