PDA

View Full Version : Nadal and Federer

Gander
07-10-2006, 01:22 PM
Looks like men's tennis has been saved, thanks to Rafael Nadal stepping up. Before last year's French Open it was starting to look like a one man domination. Aside from the fact the guy is the most talented all surface player since Agassi, hes a pure class act and a joy to watch play. The gracious way he took that defeat yesterday showed what kind of man he is.

This is starting to look like Agassi-Sampras all over again with strikingly eerie similarities. Nadal is like Agassi, only he is truly dominant on clay. While Andre excelled and favored hard court, there wasnt one surface he was "unbeatable" on. Both Nadal and Agassi could play well on any surface as nadal just showed at Wimbledon, and Andre showed by winning each of the Grand Slams at least once, on 3 different surfaces.

Federer is like Sampras in that he loves grass, but he is far more talented a player than Pete was and obviously a better all surface player. Roger has already reached one French Open final and two French Open semifinals, things Pete didnt do. I think Pete's best showing at the French was losing in one quarterfinal. He hated clay.

You know the best part about all this? US men's tennis has been exposed as being dead and Andy Roddick isnt being talked about as much. Thank god, what a creep he is. Has to go down as the most overated player in the history of tennis. Maybe the young US brats can learn something from a guy like Nadal.

SCUDSBROTHER
07-10-2006, 02:12 PM
I have never been able to think of the country of origin when watching individual sports.When people say the U.S. this or that,it just doesn't matter at all to me (when it's individual sports like golf and tennis.)

Gander
07-10-2006, 02:17 PM
I feel the same way. I root for players and could care less about where they are from. I just think US players get way overrated and it sickens me that anybody would mention Andy Roddick as a threat or a rival to Roger Federer or Rafael Nadal. Hes an average player at best, with a hard serve. A dime a dozen.

gales0678
07-10-2006, 03:00 PM
Pete - made 1 french open semi

Roger only made 1 french open semi and 1 french open final

Gander
07-10-2006, 03:05 PM
Correct on the Pete making the semi. I was wrong.

But Roger has made 2 French Semis. Last year he lost in the semi to Nadal and this year he won in his semi vs Bjorkman. That equals reaching 2 semis. Only difference is he won his semi this year and eventually the final too.
The way I worded it could have been construed as confusing.

pgardn
07-10-2006, 09:13 PM
Borg.

5 big W's
5 French

Ungodly. No US Open though.

Nadal did take a huge step up making the Finals. Put up a decent fight, but really no match for Federer on this surface. Federer is still the best I have ever seen. Nadal can make him look better. He can at least win a set off him on the grass.

alysheba4
07-13-2006, 03:18 PM
man, do they even show that stuff on t.v......i bet cheap seats get better ratings than that tennis:rolleyes: