PDA

View Full Version : Any Given Saturday.....

justindew
10-27-2007, 03:34 PM
...is getting a lot of support in the Doubles. As is Red Rocks.

sumitas
10-27-2007, 04:00 PM
he should be near the front so ya gotta consider this horse along w HS and LR and SS...the track so far is playing against SS in that the front runners are benefitting from the track and i don't see cheap speed in this race. an edge to AGS, LR and HS.

Merlinsky
10-27-2007, 04:02 PM
he should be near the front so ya gotta consider this horse along w HS and LR and SS...the track so far is playing against SS in that the front runners are benefitting from the track and i don't see cheap speed in this race. an edge to AGS, LR and HS.

You're just gonna keep repeating it until someone believes it aren't ya?

IrishofNDMan
10-27-2007, 04:14 PM

Everyone will love Borel even more after the brilliant ride he is about to give Street Sense.

Merlinsky
10-27-2007, 04:16 PM
He's trying to convince himself. It's hard to see when you are seeing two screens because you are so drunk.

Heaven help us if HS or LR wins. I do enjoy them but being as they're more likely to be showing speed I don't wanna have to listen to this one telling us how well the speed held up. I heart Street Sense and I got a soft spot for Tiago but I wouldn't blubber if Lawyer Ron got it. It feels like every win he gets proves everybody who wrote him off post-Derby wrong.

sumitas
10-27-2007, 05:00 PM
give it up. either you're blind or ur dumb ...i'll say you have a problem with the eyes...:)
and dahoss you choir boy, go home to mom or stop hogging her pc, dildo.

Merlinsky
10-27-2007, 05:03 PM
give it up. either you're blind or ur dumb ...i'll say you have a problem with the eyes...:)
and dahoss you choir boy, go home to mom.

Seriously? The winner was nearly dead last for at least half the race. I'd say you're looking in the mirror on that first sentence. Typical, you've been self-obsessed all day.

sumitas
10-27-2007, 05:04 PM
you are not my shrink. go see yours. HS held his speed throughout. there's more to the game than win bets, buster.

Merlinsky
10-27-2007, 05:05 PM
you are not my shrink. go see yours. HS held his speed throughout. there's more to the game than win bets, buster.

Sure he held his speed....and LOST....to a come from behinder... here, I brought you tissues.

Payson Dave
10-27-2007, 05:06 PM
Hard Spun does not get his picture taken very often...but ya gotta give him tremendous credit for how he has performed in so many of the top races

Payson Dave
10-27-2007, 05:09 PM
Hard Spun hanging on for second does not really help support the bias argument

Cannon Shell
10-27-2007, 05:10 PM
Hard Spun hanging on for second does not really help support the bias argument
especially when Lawyer Ron doesn't even make it to the turn

Danzig
10-27-2007, 05:11 PM
any given looked uncomfortable, and lawyer ron looked like he was climbing the first part of the race. both spun their wheels.

Cannon Shell
10-27-2007, 05:11 PM
any given looked uncomfortable, and lawyer ron looked like he was climbing the first part of the race. both spun their wheels.
Hard Spun

Coach Pants
10-27-2007, 05:12 PM
Larry Jones didn't Cowboy Up. Why didn't he bring a lasso to Mamouth?

disappearingdan_akaplaya
10-27-2007, 05:13 PM

LR looked uncomfortable on the track warming up be4 the race for the brief few moments i saw him with the pony, and HS ran about as well as he could@the distance. no shame in his race, its obvious what his strengths are normally id say why the hell dont they just stick to em but no shame in getting second in a race worth that much is there?

Danzig
10-27-2007, 05:13 PM
Hard Spun

i was really hoping he'd hold off curlin. no such luck. ruined my day seeing that one win.

Danzig
10-27-2007, 05:14 PM
LR looked uncomfortable on the track warming up be4 the race for the brief few moments i saw him with the pony, and HS ran about as well as he could@the distance. no shame in his race, its obvious what his strengths are normally id say why the hell dont they just stick to em but no shame in getting second in a race worth that much is there?

thought i saw him acting up a bit. at any rate, once the running started, it looked like ron was doing his best mountain climber impression. i knew he was thru before the first turn.
hard spun ran his typical race, which wasn't quite good enough for the win. but no doubt curlin ran on the same hay oats and water the ass man always gives his horses.

Cannon Shell
10-27-2007, 05:17 PM
Hard Spun ran well but was helped by Lawyer Ron being finished on the backside. The jailhouse will be rockin tonight!

sumitas
10-27-2007, 06:01 PM
when that lead surprisingly opened up on the back side you knew he'd be in the money. but Curlin's move was powerful and i'd say he dominated the track. my hat is off to him on a great finale. he'll be missed along with Hard Spun, Street Sense, Lawyer Ron and George Washington. Any others from the classic I missed that are retiring ?

Cannon Shell
10-27-2007, 06:02 PM
when that lead surprisingly opened up on the back side you knew he'd be in the money. but Curlin's move was powerful and i'd say he dominated the track. my hat is off to him on a great finale. he'll be missed along with Hard Spun, Street Sense, Lawyer Ron and George Washington. Any others from the classic I missed that are retiring ?
Any Given Sat

Danzig
10-27-2007, 06:20 PM
i know they had said before that there was a chance any given would stay in training. so that's out now?

Cannon Shell
10-27-2007, 06:24 PM
i know they had said before that there was a chance any given would stay in training. so that's out now?
He's done enough....

They said that about Bernardini too

Danzig
10-27-2007, 06:25 PM
He's done enough....

They said that about Bernardini too

it's a dammed shame that winning the haskell means 'enough'.

hey, that's it. i'm going to open a track and name a race the 'he's done enough stakes'.

ALostTexan
10-27-2007, 06:39 PM

I would love to see it but I haven't seen anything that says that they will keep him in training. Away he goes, and the older division is robbed of a competitor.

I didn't say "great" horse, but a competitor in the years to come...

Danzig
10-27-2007, 06:42 PM
I would love to see it but I haven't seen anything that says that they will keep him in training. Away he goes, and the older division is robbed of a competitor.

I didn't say "great" horse, but a competitor in the years to come...

they said he might stay, that if he won the classic he was thru. obviously that didn't happen. guess we'll see.

ALostTexan
10-27-2007, 06:48 PM
they said he might stay, that if he won the classic he was thru. obviously that didn't happen. guess we'll see.

I really hope so. Would love to see him around next year...

Danzig
10-27-2007, 06:49 PM
I really hope so. Would love to see him around next year...

i guess.

i have a hard time feeling warm and fuzzy towards pletcher horses. probably because he doesn't feel warm and fuzzy about them--at least it seems that way.
but yeah, the more the merrier.

HaloWishingwell
10-27-2007, 06:50 PM
Maybe LAWYER RON got finished by his last three races and HARD SPUN'S 45 and change.

Danzig
10-27-2007, 06:52 PM
Maybe LAWYER RON got finished by his last three races and HARD SPUN'S 45 and change.

lawyer ron is a bit of a headcase. if he wants to settle, he does well. but no jock will win a battle of wills with a half ton of horse. plus, he didn't like that track one bit.

if anyone got done in by hard spuns 45, it was hard spun. they could have run 48, ron still wouldn't like the surface.

letswastemoney
10-28-2007, 01:48 AM
i now hope curlin becomes the tin man of the 2010's...i thought u worked at a wal-mart or something, what did curlin's connecs ever do to you?

Yes...geld him!!!:) :) :)

Danzig
10-28-2007, 09:09 AM
i now hope curlin becomes the tin man of the 2010's...i thought u worked at a wal-mart or something, what did curlin's connecs ever do to you?

no, again for the umpteenth time, i don't work at wal mart.

you still live in the parking lot of one?

Cajungator26
10-28-2007, 09:59 AM
no, again for the umpteenth time, i don't work at wal mart.

you still live in the parking lot of one?

Oh wow... LOL

avance2000
10-28-2007, 10:09 AM
ags should be the one working in the parking lot at a wal-mart giving kids pony rides for a buck the way he ran yesterday.
he snapped my streak of picking 4 classic winners in a row in big way.
i still don't understand why he ran like that.

Danzig
10-28-2007, 10:33 AM
lol, i deserved that but your curlin hatin bugs me and i should be in soldier field's parking lot right now but what with the busy week of cappin, tvg'in, betting and drinking followed by a time change i totally forgot about there was no time for that today....for the life of me i can't think of a single pro team of any kind in arkansas....is that why you're so bitter?

have a good day cause i'll just have to suffer and go work at the bars around here:D

for one, i don't hate curlin at all, and have always given HIM props for being good.

and no, no pro teams in arkansas. but i've always been a skins fan, so i don't feel the lack. certainly not bitter.

enjoy your day in the bars. hope i didn't sound too bitter or envious there...:rolleyes:

ELA
10-28-2007, 10:33 AM
I might consider AGS somewhat enigmatic for me. Not specifically yesterday. On one hand, I never, ever put him in the same class as Street Sense, Hard Spun or Curlin. On the other hand his Haskell had to make you either take notice or think twice (maybe three or more times). On what would perhaps be a third hand -- even after the Haskell, I never for a split second considered him a better horse than the big three so to speak. Even with that start over the track -- rain or not, I never once considered him my "I'm betting this horse in the BC Classic"

AGS just never looked like he was definitively getting better, moving forward, progressing. Sure, he was better (maybe much better) after the Derby than before, but, he was supposed to be. His Dwyer was a good performance, but he wasn't racing against the cream of the crop 3yo's (like this crop or not, he wasn't racing against the best in the crop). His Haskell was crucial -- that was his day to get a G1 and put that notch on his resume. That's your stallion statement. The Brooklyn was a race against sub-par older horses (don't get me wrong, I'd love to own a few of them).

I just didn't think there was that much more in the tank. He often looked like he was all out. That's often visual in nature and you really need to know what you are looking at in order to decipher what's going on. You need to what kind of horse he is, etc., and I spoke with Johnny V. about the horse and understand the kind of horse he is. I just didn't think he was in the first tier.

Anyway, great race and a great BC.

Eric

Rudeboyelvis
10-28-2007, 10:58 AM
it's a dammed shame that winning the haskell means 'enough'.

I'll give him the Dwyer as well, but beating up on Tastyville and Helsinki in the Brooklyn, while technically, hardly constitues a "string" of "three great Graded stakes victories" as the connections will surely promote.

It's amazing that with the glut of realtively unproven stallions at stand currently, that AGS could possibly attract a quality mare. I predict he'll be standing in Florida for 5K in three years. What a waste :mad: