PDA

View Full Version : Bailey calls it water skiing

sumitas
10-27-2007, 12:20 PM
i suppose he might be correct. there's just no catching the leaders today. extremely biased track so far.

Cajungator26
10-27-2007, 12:22 PM
Considering the kind of speed we've got in the BCC, that race oughtta be awfully interesting.

GPK
10-27-2007, 12:24 PM
I wouldnt call it extreme bias. I just think the two best horses won so far.

Cajungator26
10-27-2007, 12:24 PM
Notice how Euro/Whodey is running to start posting about War Pass. LOL! :D

Cajungator26
10-27-2007, 12:25 PM

Agree with this. I don't think either one of them are 'cheap speed.'

King Glorious
10-27-2007, 12:32 PM
i suppose he might be correct. there's just no catching the leaders today. extremely biased track so far.

Cobalt Blue came from far back to win in the 3rd race. Those two horses that just won the 2yo races were the two best horses going into the races and won them just like they did their last races. It wouldn't have mattered if they were running in quicksand. Everyone always wants to jump to conclusions when horses win on the lead and say it's because of some bias. Sometimes, it's because they are the fastest.

Dunbar
10-27-2007, 12:33 PM

Exactly. And as Da Hoss said, the earlier race was won by a lightning move from the last place horse.

Mind you, I'm hoping there is some speed bias. I've got Lawyer Ron to win and also in some matchups. But nothing I've seen so far convinces me there's a speed bias. Look what happened to the 2 horses that ran up front with War Pass.

--Dunbar

sumitas
10-27-2007, 12:35 PM
there is clearly a speed bias with Cobalt Blue somehow overcoming that. there is speed in the money, winning in every race so far and i don't see how that will change today.

Merlinsky
10-27-2007, 12:41 PM
Just a quick point but War Pass had almost exactly the same time as Street Sense did last year. And aren't the fillies often a tad faster than the boys in the juvenile races? Seems to happen a little before they mature but this time War Pass was actually ahead of Indian Blessing. I'd say even if they're front runners you've still got some talented individuals doing the winning and they'll probably have to go into next year before they get any respect for being just that good. Assuming of course they mature.

All that said, I wonder about Hard Spun. He's got the shoes and the running style if there IS a bias...that outside position though..

Scav
10-27-2007, 12:42 PM
there is clearly a speed bias with Cobalt Blue somehow overcoming that. there is speed in the money, winning in every race so far and i don't see how that will change today.

You couldn't be more wrong. While I hated Indian Blessing today, War Pass was the best horse in the race and ran his race. If anything, it might be that the inside is better then the outside, and I mean the top three paths, four out of 5 were there for most of the race, including Cobalt Blue who just circle and was in the 5 path when he was closing

Dunbar
10-27-2007, 12:42 PM

Okay, have it your way. The favorite wins 2 races on the lead, but a 12-1 shot is somehow able to come from 9 lengths back to win. If that's "clearly a speed bias", fine.

--Dunbar

sumitas
10-27-2007, 12:51 PM
it is to me but you call em as you see em. you see a fair track then go for it. i think Hard Spun looks like the winner of the classic right now.

SentToStud
10-27-2007, 12:57 PM
On Wednesday, one horse closed a bit to win the last race. Otherwise, it was all the front.

On Thursday, absolutely nothing closed to win, much less deep closed.

Friday, Hawkinsville came from off the pace a bit, Hunting, Margos Gift, Maryfield and Corinthian all closed from 4L+ off the pace.

Take a look at Thursday's charts. It was a conveyor belt. Yesterday and today seem much less biased.

Dunbar
10-27-2007, 01:47 PM
On Wednesday, one horse closed a bit to win the last race. Otherwise, it was all the front.

On Thursday, absolutely nothing closed to win, much less deep closed.

Friday, Hawkinsville came from off the pace a bit, Hunting, Margos Gift, Maryfield and Corinthian all closed from 4L+ off the pace.

Take a look at Thursday's charts. It was a conveyor belt. Yesterday and today seem much less biased.

When the track is off, I pay very little attention to the previous days' races. Any biases can change day-to-day, even without changing weather conditions.

Midnight Lute had no trouble making up about 9 lengths in the Sprint.

--Dunbar