PDA

View Full Version : Corinthian Beyer

SniperSB23
10-26-2007, 05:59 PM
What sort of Beyer figure do people think Corinthian will get today? A 120 would put Discreet Cat and Wanderin Boy around 98. Should it be higher than that? Track definitely slowed down with the 2yo maiden races at the start of the card going faster than the 2yo stakes and FM Sprint. So they may have to split the Dirt Mile out on its own which doesn't leave much to work with but margins.

NoChanceToDance
10-26-2007, 06:02 PM
What was the final time of the mile?

SniperSB23
10-26-2007, 06:07 PM
What was the final time of the mile?

It was actually a mile and 70 yards, time was 1:39.06. The mile fraction was 1:35.02.

NoChanceToDance
10-26-2007, 06:13 PM
It was actually a mile and 70 yards, time was 1:39.06. The mile fraction was 1:35.02.

Yeah, sorry.

Thanks. I'm not sure if it was a monster performance by Corinthian, even though it looked like one. Gottcha Gold set those stupid fractions early but he never got challenged for second.

The track looked dreadful for horses in behind other runners.

jpops757
10-26-2007, 07:04 PM
Yeah, sorry.

Thanks. I'm not sure if it was a monster performance by Corinthian, even though it looked like one. Gottcha Gold set those stupid fractions early but he never got challenged for second.

The track looked dreadful for horses in behind other runners.
I didnt think it was Corinthian because he loooked like a gray down the stretch with all the mud. I started looking for a gray in the pps before I heard it was Corinthian.

philcski
10-26-2007, 07:05 PM
What sort of Beyer figure do people think Corinthian will get today? A 120 would put Discreet Cat and Wanderin Boy around 98. Should it be higher than that? Track definitely slowed down with the 2yo maiden races at the start of the card going faster than the 2yo stakes and FM Sprint. So they may have to split the Dirt Mile out on its own which doesn't leave much to work with but margins.

It was MONSTER. I'd even say Gottcha Gold ran his race which would give him a 108ish number. I've got 223 races at a mile and 70 from MTH in my database and only ONE faster (a day the track was lightning, won by the impressive Cable Boy, where NJ breds went 1:08 2/5.)

The Indomitable DrugS
10-26-2007, 07:29 PM
What sort of Beyer figure do people think Corinthian will get today?

Over the kind of track the races were run on today - I don't think figures matter at all.

If you believe the track played the same speed throughout the day - he will get a figure 4 points higher than Tessa Blue gets for winning race 5 by a pole.

If you believe the track was slowing down some ... you'd adjust his race making it faster.

freddymo
10-26-2007, 07:43 PM
Over the kind of track the races were run on today - I don't think figures matter at all.

If you believe the track played the same speed throughout the day - he will get a figure 4 points higher than Tessa Blue gets for winning race 5 by a pole.

If you believe the track was slowing down some ... you'd adjust his race making it faster.

I wish Tie would have popped you in the head a few times and knocked some sense into you

mik9872
10-27-2007, 06:49 AM
Corinthian earned a 119 Beyer

The Indomitable DrugS
10-27-2007, 10:21 AM
I wonder what Tessa Blue got.

disappearingdan_akaplaya
10-27-2007, 10:41 AM
cant believe the horse went off@those odds yesterday, no surprise he romped either. on the other hand LM definately needs a break, im surprised the leading local connections here could think hed pop his best race after his recent schedule