PDA

View Full Version : 10/27: Breeders' Cup Saturday (2 of 2)

Kasept
10-26-2007, 02:43 PM
8th: BC MILE (Gr. I), $2MM, 3+, 8f-T (P4, P3)

Freely admit to having little feel for always quirky event.. Will be using ML fave #13 Excellent News lightly and #12 Purim in my own plays and multi-race wagers..

Best Value: #11 Silent Name 30-1: Bay 5yo being utterly ignored here this week, but makes debut for Frankel; Tote booster if able to return to good form.. 12th

Most Likely: #8 Kip Deville 6-1: Back to where he was in spring after misfires on foolish West Coast jaunts; 6 of 9 this trip and more than acceptable price.. WON

Exotics Use: #14 Remarkable News 12-1: Exceedingly classy 5yo should be able to get to turn first and save the ground the rest of the way under clever Ramon; Wire threat.. 2nd

Super Add: #9 Nobiz Like Shobiz 8-1 Choosing to trust Tagg's judgement with converted Classic soph who had been intended on trip to HOL for the Gr. I Derby; Only now really getting hang of lawn despite three straight wins; Castellano prefers Trippi's Storm, but Johnny V. may be a good fit.. 4th

9th: BC DISTAFF (Gr. I), $2MM, F&M-3+, 9f (P3)

Best Value: #6 Bear Now 15-1: Savvy Canadian conditioner always enters with intent and Tiznow filly will adore slop while loping on/near lead; Live, ready and dangerous turning for home with H'dorfer below.. 8th

Most Likely: #12 Hystericalady 8-1: Plenty of frontstretch available for DistHumor 4yo to get to turn without ground loss, and from there it's up to Castro; Ignore synthetic surface form and focus on Molly Pitcher performance this oval; Stands out.. 2nd

Exotics Use: #11 Unbridled Belle 9-2: Pletcher Broken Vow 4yo immediately retutned to level of DEL H. performance with Beldame score: a good sign that she's capable of big effort again here; Mud a question mark.. 5th

Super Add: #1 Balance 20-1: Hofmans' TGulch bay accomplished and sitting on go for stalking trip from inside; Scored on wet-fast SA surface in February; Price is right.. 6th

10th: BC TURF (Gr. I), $3MM, 3+, 12f-T (DD)

Best Value: #2 Red Rocks 7-2 Back to defend title and gets Lasix as he did in '06 visit; Racey looking Galileo 4yo arrives here certainly as good as last year and could pull same stunt.. 3rd

Most Likely: #7 Dylan Thomas 7-5 Imposing Danehill bay trying to reverse 'Arc Curse' on three week turnaround; O'Brien amazed by colt's continence and increasing legend; Murtaugh likened MTH surface to Ascot's Friday, spot where Magnier-Tabor product aced Grp I 'George & Liz' in July; His race to lose.. 5th

Exotics Use: #6 English Channel 5-2: Quality 5yo 2/2 this strip, but off-going may not suit so well; Always comes with run, but expect board hit at best.. WON

Super Add: #1 Fri Guy 50-1: Romans-Zayat red will set pace and save ground, and should get little pressure; Has run races close enough to consider as exotics ladder-hanger at bonus tote.. 7th

11th: BC CLASSIC (Gr. I), $5MM, 10f

An edition of this race like few before it: A remarkably well-match group.. Take the one you've enjoyed the most as there appears to be little seperating the 4 excellent sophomores and 4yo Lawyer Ron..

Best Value: #3 Any Given Saturday 4-1: Haskell winner appears right type for this race flow, scenario, course condition..

Most Likely: #4 Curlin 3-1: Pitts, then Asmussen, deserve all the credit for making the most of super-talented Street Cry son; Never worse than third since bow, displayed tenacity in JCGC score and will need to utilize every tool in the box to cap campaign; Frankly rooting against, but looms the one to beat.. WON

Exotics Use: #1 Lawyer Ron 5-2: Magical year for Pletcher's Langfuhr 4yo who may finally have found the right spot to be rank; Gets first run on Hard Spun, but will need to battle others for all the money; Big chance..

Super Add: #2 Street Sense 3-1: Wonderful Nafzger colt is ready, but takes the worst of it under potential scenario of slop; Will be hard to close on this strip, but expect game an effort as possible in career farewell..

P4 Play:

8: 8-11-13-14
9: 6-11-12
10: 7
11: 1-2-3-4

4x3x1x4 = $48

Good luck!
Steve

SuffolkGirl
10-26-2007, 08:17 PM
Steve - you've backed SS all season long, and recently on air; is the track condition the reason you are backing off him now?

mclem10011
10-26-2007, 09:38 PM
Gonna dip into the p6? Dylan Thomas being a strong single there as well.

Kasept
10-26-2007, 10:52 PM
Steve - you've backed SS all season long, and recently on air; is the track condition the reason you are backing off him now?
Very much so, and it's too bad as it will hurt his career legacy. He's badly compromised by this situation as the longer the race the harder it is for off pace runners to close. Look at the dirt mile today as evidence.

Carl Nafzger was stoic about it today on the show saying your horse has to face adversity, etc., but since we don't get to see horses like this match up as often anymore, you really feel cheated by a surface we're likely to get tomorrow.

Hickory Hill Hoff
10-26-2007, 11:11 PM
Went down in flames on Friday, stickin' with my original picks for Saturday.....anyway playin' with "house money" from the Spa.
Things can only get.....better???

Good luck everybody with your plays on Saturday, the "big boy" gets hitched (my stepson Josh) so won't see much, put most of Saturday's plays in on Friday afternoon, don't see much track change and sticking to those selections.
It's been a great year anyway for me; wagering, the Dee Tee Stables & meeting all great people at the Spa. Thanks to all!!!!!!!!!

Bigsmc
10-27-2007, 06:55 AM
Gonna dip into the p6? Dylan Thomas being a strong single there as well.

Be very careful making DT a strong single given his distaste for soft going and the short turnaround from the Arc where he was all out to win just 3 weeks ago and having to endure a transatlantic flight to boot.

Doesn't mean he won't win, but I personally do not think he is a strong single.

GL

jtdogg3224
10-27-2007, 08:48 AM
Race 8: #9 Nobiz Like Shobiz and #13 excellent Art
Race 9: #4 Ginger Punch and #5 Lady Joanne
Race 10: #7 Dylan Thomas(LOCK)
Race 11: #3 Any given Saturday and #2 Street Sense.

Pick 4

ALostTexan
10-27-2007, 06:44 PM
Be very careful making DT a strong single given his distaste for soft going and the short turnaround from the Arc where he was all out to win just 3 weeks ago and having to endure a transatlantic flight to boot.

Doesn't mean he won't win, but I personally do not think he is a strong single.

GL

I think this had more to do with it than anything. He just wasn't fresh today, and English Channel looked like a much better horse.