PDA

View Full Version : BC " Playing to Win "

blackthroatedwind
10-25-2007, 05:49 PM
I think you will find my guest this week, Tony Cobitz, to be extremely interesting and informative.

Good luck with the Cup.....and the rain.

http://www.youbet.com/playingtowin/

Scav
10-25-2007, 05:55 PM
I think you will find my guest this week, Tony Cobitz, to be extremely interesting and informative.

Good luck with the Cup.....and the rain.

http://www.youbet.com/playingtowin/

Thought it was a good show today Andy. I would be concerned though because all the horses you touted were one's that I like also, and those haven't been running very well lately. :)

Tony was very interesting also, I learned some stuff from him, which is always good

blackthroatedwind
10-25-2007, 06:02 PM
I'm sure we'll both have plenty of company on a lot of losers....and any winners too.

Darrrr7
10-25-2007, 08:51 PM
Andy,

Great show like always. Enjoyed the season of shows and enjoyed the guests opinions as a counter to your own feelings on some horses.

Bigsmc
10-25-2007, 09:05 PM
Haven't been able to watch the show yet, internet issues not allowing me to download (if that is the correct terminology). Should be able to catch it tomorrow in the hotel room.

Exciting to see Tony Cobitz is the guest. I am looking forward to seeing Tony (as well as you BTW). I used to enjoy his handicapping insight when he worked the paddock and hosted the replay show for Gulfstream Park.

ArlJim78
10-25-2007, 09:24 PM
it was a great show. kudos Andy on a fine season. look forward to seeing it back next year.

it was eerie listening to Tonys comments about Indian Blessing and her recent work because i had in a similar fashion went from someone who was sceptical of her Frizette because of the way she appeared to slow down late, to someone who is ready to make her my main play. and the reason is entirely due to watching that work. whenever i see a horse work like that it usually means good things are in store. i think she will be very very dangerous on saturday.

pweizer
10-25-2007, 09:35 PM
Excellent show, thanks for the insight.

Paul

MaTH716
10-25-2007, 09:52 PM
Nice show Andy, I enjoyed it very much. One question, now that it looks like it will be sloppy and soft has any of your opinions changed?

sumitas
10-25-2007, 10:59 PM
Super show. Very insightful. The weather is a factor that will need to be determined. If the course was a poly course it would play more consistent than dirt in the wet. So the weather at Monmouth is a factor on both the dirt and turf. We'll see if the predicted rains roll in.

docicu3
10-26-2007, 06:00 AM
Drugs so other than Hysterical Lady who else are you feeling good about for the weekend in the slop/mudd/soft dirt/brown muck/less than perfect...

TheSpyder
10-26-2007, 06:46 AM
Andy,

You carving a masterful need in the racing industry by doing something you so bitterly complain is missing and that is having the racing industry do something for the players. Like Stevo, your giving us a platform to view ideas and angles not before discussed or realized except with our buddies who know less than we do.

Between Siros (which I catch daily via the net here in SC) and your show, ad what Steve is doing, I hope this is the building blocks to TRN, a 24/7 TV horse racing channel. Besides, what are you going to do for the next four months?

Great job.

Spyder

The Indomitable DrugS
10-26-2007, 07:28 AM
Drugs so other than Hysterical Lady who else are you feeling good about for the weekend in the slop/mudd/soft dirt/brown muck/less than perfect...

I may call a few audibles based on weather - or the any track bias that might pop up. As it stands now though....

F & M Sprint - I loved Miss Macy Sue in this race right after her highly impressive win here in September - and I will be betting her. However, she's sort of become a wiseguy special and people like Beyer and Crist pick her on top. She certainly won't be the kind of price I thought I'd get on her a few weeks ago. I will use Baroness Thatcher and the chalks with her.

Juv Turf - who knows.

Dirt Mile - Xchanger 1st Park Ave Ball 2nd Lewis Micheal 3rd

Juv Fillies - I like Izarra to win a collapse over Indian Blessing. Grace Anatomy, Proud Spell, and maybe even Smarty Deb are the others for exotic purposes.

Juv - I like Tale of Ekati - like Miss Macy Sue...another who seemed so much less fashionable two weeks ago when he was 11/1 in Euro future books. Hard to be as excited about him now.

F & M Turf - I despise Nashoba's Key in this spot. I think the winner will be a Euro - and certainly Passage of Time and Simply Perfect are the two Euro's I prefer.

Sprint - I'm taking the short price on Midnight Lute - looking to get Idiot Proof and or Benny The Bull behind him.

Mile - I will be spreading VERY deep in this race in multi-win exotics. I have to assume Excellent Art is clearly the best horse...but I'm not so sure his style will suit this kind of race.

Distaff - Hystericalady is going to be a great bet. It would be nice if I can get two or three of the following group UB, Balance, LJ, and LP to round out the tri and super.

Turf - Dylan Thomas is obviously the most likely winner - but is also going to be overbet. I just am not crazy about anything else in the race. Saturday's worst betting race.

Classic - Part wheel tri with LR, HS, and Curlin over LR, HS, and Curlin with only SS and AGS in the 3rd spot in Tri's and 3rd and 4th spot in supers.

Holland Hacker
10-26-2007, 09:06 AM
Andy,

Great show!! It was very insightful and entrtaining looking forward to next season. Congrats and thanks for all you do.

Dunbar
10-26-2007, 10:16 AM
I may call a few audibles based on weather - or the any track bias that might pop up. As it stands now though....

F & M Sprint - I loved Miss Macy Sue in this race right after her highly impressive win here in September - and I will be betting her. However, she's sort of become a wiseguy special and people like Beyer and Crist pick her on top. She certainly won't be the kind of price I thought I'd get on her a few weeks ago. I will use Baroness Thatcher and the chalks with her.

Juv Turf - who knows.

Dirt Mile - Xchanger 1st Park Ave Ball 2nd Lewis Micheal 3rd

Juv Fillies - I like Izarra to win a collapse over Indian Blessing. Grace Anatomy, Proud Spell, and maybe even Smarty Deb are the others for exotic purposes.

Juv - I like Tale of Ekati - like Miss Macy Sue...another who seemed so much less fashionable two weeks ago when he was 11/1 in Euro future books. Hard to be as excited about him now.

F & M Turf - I despise Nashoba's Key in this spot. I think the winner will be a Euro - and certainly Passage of Time and Simply Perfect are the two Euro's I prefer.

Sprint - I'm taking the short price on Midnight Lute - looking to get Idiot Proof and or Benny The Bull behind him.

Mile - I will be spreading VERY deep in this race in multi-win exotics. I have to assume Excellent Art is clearly the best horse...but I'm not so sure his style will suit this kind of race.

Distaff - Hystericalady is going to be a great bet. It would be nice if I can get two or three of the following group UB, Balance, LJ, and LP to round out the tri and super.

Turf - Dylan Thomas is obviously the most likely winner - but is also going to be overbet. I just am not crazy about anything else in the race. Saturday's worst betting race.

Classic - Part wheel tri with LR, HS, and Curlin over LR, HS, and Curlin with only SS and AGS in the 3rd spot in Tri's and 3rd and 4th spot in supers.

fixed odds currently available at TheGreek.com:

Miss Macy Sue 7-1
Izarra 6.85-1
Midnight Lute 2.65-1
Excellent Art 3.65-1
Histerical Lady 8.25-1
Dylan Thomas 1.15-1
Lawyer Ron 3.85-1
Hard Spun 8.25-1

btw, DrugS, I very much liked your Classic analysis in another thread. And of course both LR and HS move up substantially if the going is wet.

--Dunbar

greedyway
10-29-2007, 05:02 PM
Andy,

Thanks for the Playing to Win shows. I have learned a ton from you and your guests.

Will we hear you on ATR in the future?

SentToStud
10-29-2007, 05:12 PM
I went to college with Tony Cobitz. Haven't seen him since the 80's at Arlington. Nice guy.

Riot
10-29-2007, 05:16 PM
I despise Nashoba's Key in this spot.

Hey, hey, hey! You're stealing Serling's catchphrase! :p