PDA

View Full Version : Two Days Of Cup Races

cincygreg
10-23-2007, 10:04 PM
How do you feel about this year BC having the three extra races on Friday making it a kind of two day event?

Just wondering.

T.T.Y.L. Greg

RolloTomasi
10-23-2007, 10:49 PM
How do you feel about this year BC having the three extra races on Friday making it a kind of two day event?

Just wondering.

T.T.Y.L. Greg

Forget just two days, the BC would be so much better if it was a year long event.

You know, that way each top horse could run in more than one big race for the entire season as well as have multiple head-to-head matchups with other good horses.

How cool would that be?

_ed_
10-24-2007, 06:05 AM
Must say that I don't like it. I didn't think there was any need for a Dirt Mile or Juvenile Turf, the only new race I kinda like is the Filly and Mare Sprint, but even then I probably prefer seeing the female sprinters take on the boys.

But, it means more US racing on TV here, so I won't be complaining or changing the channel when it's on.

pmayjr
10-24-2007, 07:26 AM
I like the races they added, and that it's a 2-day event. But I still think they need to add 3 more races the suppliemnt the ones they added.

A filly&mare mile (both turf and dirt), and a juvenile filly turf. I think all 3 races would attract good fields, and that way truly all divisoons and all genders would be completed.

SniperSB23
10-24-2007, 08:47 AM

Just wondering.

T.T.Y.L. Greg

Love the FM Sprint, probably one of the more interesting money making races of the BC with the top three horses all being need the lead types and several other speed horses entered. Contrary to what others believe I don't think there is a horse in this field that would have had a realistic chance in the BC Sprint better than 50-1.

The Juvy Turf will take a couple years to catch on as more preps for it are established and gain graded status. Long term though I think it will provide more incentive to breed turf horses and improve our overall turf racing over here.

Don't like the dirt mile being two turns and being longer than a mile, it competes too much with the Classic that way. As long as it stays ungraded or G3 and at $1 million for the purse I am ok with it and think it will make for a good betting race. If it becomes a G1 and the purse size increases then it will cannibilize the Classic. I don't ever want to see it get to the point where a horse like Lawyer Ron opts for the Dirt Mile over the Classic.

cincygreg
10-24-2007, 09:36 AM
I'm good with the extra races, but it still seems right to have the cup be just one day.

T.T.Y.L. Greg