PDA

View Full Version : "Bombers" @ Monmouth

Hickory Hill Hoff
10-23-2007, 07:15 PM
Here's a few that I think can "light up" the board on Friday & Saturday.....any opinions???

Wild Gams (F&M sprint)
Cherokee Triangle (Juv. turf)
Park Avenue Ball (Dirt mile)
A to the Croft (Juv. F&M)
Timarawa (F&M turf)
Kelly's Landing (Sprint)
Rebellion (Mile)

whodey17
10-23-2007, 07:25 PM
Here's a few that I think can "light up" the board on Friday & Saturday.....any opinions???

Wild Gams (F&M sprint)
Timarawa (F&M turf)
Kelly's Landing (Sprint)
Rebellion (Mile)I took a beating on Kelly's Landing last year in the Sprint. And of course I will play him again this year. I like his chances if the speed falls apart.

Hickory Hill Hoff
10-23-2007, 07:39 PM
Wild Gams has a shot if the speed falls apart. She's won over the track and her last two were nice.

I think Cherokee Triangle is a very interesting horse in the Juvy Turf. In his 2 races at River Downs he was very green and tried to come in very bad in the stretch. last time out, he came in again, but he ran much straighter and looked very good coming home. If he improves off that, I think he can win.

Park Avenue Ball has a shot also. If the favorites don't fire, he can hit the board.

I don't like any of the others at all. Just my take..

The group I listed was to hit the board, not necessarily win. It always seems that the prices underneath are huge this day. Other than the Turf & Classic, the payouts should be big.

fpsoxfan
10-23-2007, 07:44 PM
I took a beating on Kelly's Landing last year in the Sprint. And of course I will play him again this year. I like his chances if the speed falls apart.

Same here

whodey17
10-23-2007, 07:44 PM
Wild Gams has a shot if the speed falls apart. She's won over the track and her last two were nice.

I think Cherokee Triangle is a very interesting horse in the Juvy Turf. In his 2 races at River Downs he was very green and tried to come in very bad in the stretch. last time out, he came in again, but he ran much straighter and looked very good coming home. If he improves off that, I think he can win.

Park Avenue Ball has a shot also. If the favorites don't fire, he can hit the board.

I don't like any of the others at all. Just my take..Park Avenue Ball is a horse that I never trusted. I have never backed him for whatever the reason and I cannot back him this weekend. I think the favs will fire and he might be there for the pieces in the super.

Hickory Hill Hoff
10-23-2007, 07:50 PM
Park Avenue Ball is a horse that I never trusted. I have never backed him for whatever the reason and I cannot back him this weekend. I think the favs will fire and he might be there for the pieces in the super.

But, he loves this course (10 - 6/3/1)

philcski
10-23-2007, 08:29 PM

Wild Gams (F&M sprint)
Timarawa (F&M turf)
Kelly's Landing (Sprint)
Rebellion (Mile)

Love Cherokee Triangle at a price. He's one of those that inevitably fall through the cracks at a monster price because he's "too cheap". Old Man Buck validated the quality of the races @ RD, and 2YO's just don't run sub 30 second final 3/16ths like he did @ LaD.

declansharbor
10-23-2007, 08:52 PM

Wild Gams (F&M sprint)
Timarawa (F&M turf)
Kelly's Landing (Sprint)
Rebellion (Mile)

Not that it should or will dissuade you from using him, I wouldnt touch P A B with an enemies money. Every race he's been in the past year, Ive tried to find reasons for him to fire a big one.( Distance cutback, affinity for Mth, public backing, T2D, track conditions, and jock switch) The horse has simply run duds. NOw that he will be at a square price, this time more than ever would be the time to unload. NOt moi. Not when he's adding 2 panels and change and have more qualified horses cutting back to preferable distances. Also, he's been hanging at shorter distances against lesser foes, so unless Biancone slips Ryerson some venom, he fades at the top o the stretch and finishes up the track.

A to the Croft's post position squandered any thought of hitting the board, IMO. Not that it's worth the hair off of Larry Longball's head, more novice BC insight to follow. I know people are chomping at the bit to hear an 0 fer last 30 pick 4 player's opinions. tides turn and this weekend the ebb flows in my direction.

Uncle Daddy
10-23-2007, 09:34 PM
Intrigued by Kelly's Landing to catch a piece. Some like Mazur hate the fresh horse angle. Looked game in Dubai.

hi_im_god
10-23-2007, 09:49 PM
it's off topic but a p-51 mustang could take out any of these fields.

cal828
10-23-2007, 11:04 PM
Some that are interesting to me are:

Precious Kitten (30-1) in the Filly and Mare Turf. Horse seems like an ATM machine to me. 1st or second in a lot of her starts. Down side is that she has never run at this distance and will likely hook Wait a While for the lead.

My Typhoon (30-1) in the Turf mile. Has one of the better beyers at this distance. She and Remarkable News will likely be the pace setters, but he will have to expend some energy coming from the extreme outside and the fave for this race may find himself behind a wall of horses turning for home.

Idiot Proof (10-1) in the sprint. Seems a bit high for a horse that set a course record at this distance at this track.

Benny the Bull (6-1) in the sprint. Looks like the only closer in this whole bunch.

blackthroatedwind
10-23-2007, 11:24 PM

My Typhoon (30-1) in the Turf mile. Has one of the better beyers at this distance. She and Remarkable News will likely be the pace setters, but he will have to expend some energy coming from the extreme outside and the fave for this race may find himself behind a wall of horses turning for home.

I think Silent Name will be the speed in the Mile.

declansharbor
10-23-2007, 11:26 PM

Precious Kitten (30-1) in the Filly and Mare Turf. Horse seems like an ATM machine to me. 1st or second in a lot of her starts. Down side is that she has never run at this distance and will likely hook Wait a While for the lead.

Idiot Proof (10-1) in the sprint. Seems a bit high for a horse that set a course record at this distance at this track.

Benny the Bull (6-1) in the sprint. Looks like the only closer in this whole bunch.

I definitely feel ya on PK. I'm leaning more towards Lahudood, but PK will be on a few tickets. Hopefully, my man Rafael can pull some Intercontinental magic out of his boots and once again master the front end. When WAW hits empty in the stretch, I hope she doesnt bring PK with her.

My Typhoon, on the otherhand, will be up against it. Her last two races, stumbling or not, were awful IMO. We all know that Beyers on the turf almost mean next to nothing. On the positive side, te price and cutback are enticing. I just don't see it.

ArlJim78
10-23-2007, 11:34 PM

I like Precious Kitten, and she has come through for me several times. she's very consistent. with that said, I think 9 furlongs is about as far as she can go and still be effective. Saturday she'll go two furlongs further than she has ever run and I think she has no chance of getting it and winning against this group. her wheelhouse is a mile to 9 furlongs.

MisterB
10-24-2007, 06:09 AM
Love Cherokee Triangle at a price. He's one of those that inevitably fall through the cracks at a monster price because he's "too cheap". Old Man Buck validated the quality of the races @ RD, and 2YO's just don't run sub 30 second final 3/16ths like he did @ LaD.

I was listening to someone on a TV show saying to watch his race 2 back also. I guess there was a loose horse between him and the winner that day, but still made a nice move zig zagging, but nosed out.

philcski
10-24-2007, 07:31 AM
I was listening to someone on a TV show saying to watch his race 2 back also. I guess there was a loose horse between him and the winner that day, but still made a nice move zig zagging, but nosed out.

Have not seen the race, but The Bid is the expert on this horse, hopefully he can chime in with some additional info.

Coach Pants
10-24-2007, 08:06 AM
Dixie Chatter is sticking out like a sore thumb in the juvenile. Terrible post though.

PPerfectfan
10-24-2007, 09:53 AM
Purim is my "Bomb" horse. I really like him at the price he is going to go off at. Dixie Chatter is gonna be my single in the Juvy. Indian Vale will not be on my tickets. Love Red Rocks too.

Linny
10-24-2007, 10:19 AM
My bomb is Danzon. Not sure if she'll win but she will run big if it's soft.

sirbarton
10-24-2007, 01:34 PM

Wild Gams (F&M sprint)
Timarawa (F&M turf)
Kelly's Landing (Sprint)
Rebellion (Mile)

Here's some I'm going to use for small WPS and in exotics (these are all 10-1 or higher in ML):

F&M Sprint--Jazzy; Juvy Turf--Cannonball; Juvy F--Grace; Juvy--Chatter and Sarge; F&M Turf--Argentina; Sprint--Commentator; Mile--Silent Name; Classic--GeoWash

2 Dollar Bill
10-24-2007, 05:11 PM
Only know of ONE bomb.....
Race # 4 (saturday ) Juv...... Overextended

***since I had Monarchos in the first future derby pool @ 30-1 ! ***

2Hot4TV
10-24-2007, 05:48 PM
I think Silent Name will be the speed in the Mile.
We never know which horse will show up.

NoChanceToDance
10-24-2007, 06:12 PM
I think the key to Kelly's Landing is to have him fresh and give him time between his races.

I think he will go very close in the sprint at rewarding odds.

hoovesupsideyourhead
10-24-2007, 06:15 PM
cannonball........................

Cajungator26
10-24-2007, 06:26 PM
My bomb is Preachin Man.

brianwspencer
10-24-2007, 06:46 PM
My bomb is Preachin Man.

Should give you some excitement for about a minute and fourteen seconds.

miraja2
10-24-2007, 06:53 PM
Should give you some excitement for about a minute and fourteen seconds.
That is better than I usually do with the ladies.

brianwspencer
10-24-2007, 06:54 PM
That is better than I usually do with the ladies.

I'm sure it's more excitement than Jamie's used to also.

Bobby Fischer
10-24-2007, 07:26 PM
Dixie Chatter is sticking out like a sore thumb in the juvenile. Terrible post though.

Dixie Chatter looks good.

An off track could totally change that race... Zito should be out there doing rain dances.

McPeek has a good one to hit the frame but I hate the blinks on this one, and he should also hate the off-track.

Wicked Style is another nice talent that isn't supposed to love the mud , but at least he has some early speed.

booner
10-24-2007, 09:09 PM

With you on this one. He was the only horse on Friday's card that jumped off the page at me. Hope the yielding turf doesn't dampen his spirits.

jballscalls
10-25-2007, 01:05 AM

I was there for his 2 races at River Downs, and in the first one, Old Man Buck had a screen being set for him for much of the trip. In the Cradle, Cherokee Triangle was green as a pool table down the stretch. He leveled out better last start, and should be a better horse come friday. Old man Buck was the only one closing in the lanes end breeders futurity that day, hopefully both do great and help get the Cradle graded!!