PDA

View Full Version : Indian Vale

The Indomitable DrugS
10-23-2007, 05:33 PM
Was I the only one who was totally shocked to see her made the ML favorite in the Distaff?

robfla
10-23-2007, 05:41 PM
not shocked to see her as fav. It was going to be one of three IV, UB, GP.

I guess J Velazquez/ Pletcher combo has something to do with it in addition to her high BSF and record at distance ( 7-6-1-0 ).

that being said; I like Bear Now, HystercalLady ( despite the post ) Lear's Princess, And Lady Joanne

The Indomitable DrugS
10-23-2007, 05:48 PM
For starters, she's finished behind Unbridled Belle in EACH of her last three races.

And with Hystericalady in the race, there is no way Indian Vale gets an easy early lead....or any early lead at all.

I agree that it's a tough race to make an ML for....but Indian Vale has all the look of the 5th choice in the betting to me.

blackthroatedwind
10-23-2007, 05:50 PM
I was shocked. I assume Brad Thomas made the line and I'm sure he did a far better job than I could have but I think he blew this one badly.

It's a wide open race and an especially tough one to make a line.

NoChanceToDance
10-23-2007, 05:51 PM
It's a very competitive race, but i think Unbridled Belle would be the NAP of the breeders cup. I don't see how she isn't top of the M/L.

ArlJim78
10-23-2007, 06:05 PM
wide open race, imo. a complex race. would not want to be assigned the task of making the line. who knows how the public is going to see this one?
I would probably start with Unbridled Belle and Lears Princess as tepid fav's.

imo anything put on Hysterical Lady or Tough Tizs Sis is dead money.

The Indomitable DrugS
10-23-2007, 06:08 PM
Why?

robfla
10-23-2007, 06:13 PM
imo anything put on Hysterical Lady is dead money.

what? because of the post?

she certainly is fast enough to win

whodey17
10-23-2007, 06:21 PM
I was too. But I have to say, I don't know who should be. Lear's Princess? Unbridled Belle?If you name enough horses then you are bound to be right.

The Indomitable DrugS
10-23-2007, 06:24 PM
what? because of the post?

she certainly is fast enough to win

Anyone of Hystericalady's last three dirt races are good enough to mop up this pathetic field.

She's faster than the other speed, and the nine furlong distance will suit her perfectly. I also am quite puzzled how she can be considered dead money at 8/1. I suppose she becomes a FAR less attractive if her synthetic races are held against her - but, anyone who's watched her dirt races knows she's a speed horse who breaks open races with an explosive burst off the far turn, and on synthetic surfaces, those horses always underperform.

Cajungator26
10-23-2007, 06:31 PM
If you name enough horses then your are bound to be right.

^^^

This has got to be one of your more ridiculous posts, Euro. He named two horses, please...

paisjpq
10-23-2007, 06:45 PM
If you name enough horses then your are bound to be right.
exactly why the phuck are you here?

you have yet to add anything...take shots at the site host and other posters, and behave like the consumate troll.

Steve deleted you once....and was kind enough to let you back in....but keep it up and the hospitality will end.

oh, and it's 'you are' or 'you're' never 'your are' ...ass hole.

whodey17
10-23-2007, 06:51 PM
exactly why the phuck are you here?

you have yet to add anything...take shots at the site host and other posters, and behave like the consumate troll.

Steve deleted you once....and was kind enough to let you back in....but keep it up and the hospitality will end.

oh, and it's 'you are' or 'you're' never 'your are' ...ass hole.The "your are" is corrected. And why exactly are you here? What do you add? I guess you are here to correct people's posts. A very good contribution I might add.

Payson Dave
10-23-2007, 06:52 PM
Good Job Theb... he/she/it clearly just wants to antagonize

paisjpq
10-23-2007, 06:59 PM
The "your are" is corrected. And why exactly are you here? What do you add? I guess you are here to correct people's posts. A very good contribution I might add.

I freely admit I add little...and yet in spite of that, at least a few people still seem to like me....can you say the same?

whodey17
10-23-2007, 07:10 PM
I freely admit I add little...and yet in spite of that, at least a few people still seem to like me....can you say the same?Well lets see here. I talk horses and people give me crap, I post picks and people accuse me of posting fake bets or betting stupid. I do not think I have ever started in on someone first. But if people are going to give me crap, then I am going to give it right back. I am more than happy to talk racing and analysis and all that good stuff without any backlash. It is great to freely express one's opinion on a horse or race. But what is the point when your opinion gets called stupid, or someone criticizes your post. I believe this site was intended to gather people who love this sport to talk about it intellectually, maturely and without prejudice. However, I could be wrong. Tons of people on this board have great things to say or add, but they might feel a little hesitant because they see the backlash that people get when they post. I have a feeling that you could add tons and so could everyone else if people were a little more open and a little less ignorant.

paisjpq
10-23-2007, 07:15 PM
Well lets see here. I talk horses and people give me crap, I post picks and people accuse me of posting fake bets or betting stupid. I do not think I have ever started in on someone first. But if people are going to give me crap, then I am going to give it right back. I am more than happy to talk racing and analysis and all that good stuff without any backlash. It is great to freely express one's opinion on a horse or race. But what is the point when your opinion gets called stupid, or someone criticizes your post. I believe this site was intended to gather people who love this sport to talk about it intellectually, maturely and without prejudice. However, I could be wrong. Tons of people on this board have great things to say or add, but they might feel a little hesitant because they see the backlash that people get when they post. I have a feeling that you could add tons and so could everyone else if people were a little more open.

you are not wrong in the intent of the site...but spare me the martyr act about your own posting.....you are far from innocent...perhaps it is because your agenda regarding some aspects of this sport and certain members of this site are all too transparent....or perhaps it is because you have a history here of argumentative posts...or perhaps people simply don't like you...I don't know.

but I will say this....the last time you were deleted I spoke up on your behalf...and given the nature of your attitude I regret my own action.

Payson Dave
10-23-2007, 07:18 PM
...And why exactly are you here? What do you add?...

Among the numerous contributions that Beth makes to the site... one is to try to keep trolls in check ...now what is it again that you add???

whodey17
10-23-2007, 07:20 PM
you are not wrong in the intent of the site...but spare me the martyr act about your own posting.....you are far from innocent...perhaps it is because your agenda regarding some aspects of this sport and certain members of this site are all too transparent....or perhaps it is because you have a history here of argumentative posts...or perhaps people simply don't like you...I don't know.

but I will say this....the last time you were deleted I spoke up on your behalf...and given the nature of your attitude I regret my own action.I remember you speaking up and I do appreciate that effort. But please find me one post that I ever posted that starts in on someone from this board. I have zero agenda. I have been accussed of one, which always perplexed me. Over on the Esoteric page, DaHoss starts in on me and I completely left it alone. Last week BTW starts in on me for no reason at all. I am not being a martry, but if people are going to be nasty, rude or mean to me, then you better believe I am going to be the same back. I don't like or dislike anyone on this board. How on earth can anyone like or dislike someone they never met.

whodey17
10-23-2007, 07:22 PM
Among the numerous contributions that Beth makes to the site... one is to try to keep trolls in check ...now what is it again that you add???I could add tons, but choose not to. Why add something when you don't feel like your opinion matters.

stonegossard
10-23-2007, 07:26 PM
I could add tons, but choose not to. Why add something when you don't feel like your opinion matters.

Tons like what? Shaggy Mane will be on the lead ?

Fascinating......really.

whodey17
10-23-2007, 07:28 PM
Started in on you? The other day you spoke about someone's family on here. We know how that ended. Since you have been back you have been egging me on for a fight. Tonight you said you are going to screw my mother. Now, please show me where anyone has said even remotely close to that to you. It's one thing to think your opinions are stupid, or you have no idea what you are talking about most of the time, or you post make believe bets to get some "board cred", but please explain to me what purpose bringing family things into this serves? Seriously.You have been all over me for months. And now that I stand-up and give it back to you you have the nerve to complain. Give me a break. See, even in this post you take a stab at me. If you are going to start in on me, you better believe I am going to cross the line. And what purpose does it make to say someone is posting fake bets with no evidence or calling someone stupid etc etc.

whodey17
10-23-2007, 07:29 PM

Fascinating......really.This is a perfect example. In my post, I was agreeing with DaHoss that Shaggy Mane will be on the lead. Why doesn't he get this response from you?

paisjpq
10-23-2007, 07:29 PM
I remember you speaking up and I do appreciate that effort. But please find me one post that I ever posted that starts in on someone from this board. I have zero agenda. I have been accussed of one, which always perplexed me. Over on the Esoteric page, DaHoss starts in on me and I completely left it alone. Last week BTW starts in on me for no reason at all. I am not being a martry, but if people are going to be nasty, rude or mean to me, then you better believe I am going to be the same back. I don't like or dislike anyone on this board. How on earth can anyone like or dislike someone they never met.

I can of course, find posts to support my claim....only problem is that they have all been deleted. I can still see them....but they don't really need to be brought to the forefront of the site again.

and have you considered for one moment that dahoss and BTW attack you because of previous arguments? don't give me the "it's the internet" argument....because I know both of them and I can assure you that they don't take what goes on here personally, but at the same time, what goes on here is not exactly in a vacum....and when posters have certain fundamental disagreements there will always be friction.

and to your previous comment, that I could add to this site if I was less intimidated....there isn't a member here that intimidates me...I choose not to post most of the time because to me "It's the internet:rolleyes: " and I don't care what other people think, and don't have the interest to defend my opinion on most topics...I find it tiresome.

stonegossard
10-23-2007, 07:33 PM
This is a perfect example. In my post, I was agreeing with DaHoss that Shaggy Mane will be on the lead. Why doesn't he get this response from you?

Because he doesnt lower himself to talking about other people's families. The guy tells you something about his mother being sick and you continue? If you dont like the guy it's one thing, but at that point you shoulda shut the phuck up instead of continuing. Real classy move a-hole.

paisjpq
10-23-2007, 07:33 PM

Fascinating......really.

you're not helping here stone....

whodey17
10-23-2007, 07:34 PM
I can of course, find posts to support my claim....only problem is that they have all been deleted. I can still see them....but they don't really need to be brought to the forefront of the site again.

and have you considered for one moment that dahoss and BTW attack you because of previous arguments? don't give me the "it's the internet" argument....because I know both of them and I can assure you that they don't take what goes on here personally, but at the same time, what goes on here is not exactly in a vacum....and when posters have certain fundamental diagreements there will always be friction.

and to your previous comment, that I could add to this site if I was less intimidated....there isn't a member here that intimidates me...I choose not to post most of the time because to me "It's the internet:rolleyes: " and I don't care what other people think, and don't have the interest to defend my opinion on most topics...I find it tiresome.DaHoss and BTW attacked me for no reason. BTW because of my opinion of Zito, not of BTW and DaHoss for whatever reason. Again, find where I started anything about them first. Anything. I never said anything negative about either of them until they said something deragotory about me. I don't take much of anything personally. it is important to any board to have fundamental differences without friction. And if there is friction, there is the instant message feature that the party can use to settle the friction so it doesnt involve other posters. And you said it yourself: "don't have the interest to defend my opinion on most topics." Why does anyone need to defend themself on here?

stonegossard
10-23-2007, 07:35 PM
you're not helping here stone....

Ok...I will back off.....because it's obvious I intimidate you. Regardless of what you claim in your post above.

whodey17
10-23-2007, 07:36 PM
Because he doesnt lower himself to talking about other people's families. The guy tells you something about his mother being sick and you continue? If you dont like the guy it's one thing, but at that point you shoulda shut the phuck up instead of continuing. Real classy move a-hole.And at some point you have to take it a step further and that is what I did. I will agree that I lower myself, but it is also pretty low to continuously barage someone whenever he/she posts a thought or a selection.

whodey17
10-23-2007, 07:37 PM
Ok...I will back off.....because it's obvious I intimidate you. Regardless of what you claim in your post above.Again, another perfect example. The sarcasm on this board has gotten well out of control.

whodey17
10-23-2007, 07:40 PM
Look, I can take whatever anyone wants to dish out. bring it on. I am realistic about myself. I'm opinionated and I get under people's skin. But, show me an example where I have ever brought someone's family into it. I'd love to see it. You cross the line there and there is no need for it.I admit that I crossed the line. That is who I am. I will always take it a step further. And I never ever said you said anything about my family. You are more than welcome to, I really do not care. To me, everything is fair game in this sort of thing.

paisjpq
10-23-2007, 07:40 PM
DaHoss and BTW attack me for no reason. Again, find where I started anything about them first. Anything. I never said anything negative about either of them until they said something deragotory about me. I don't take much of anything personally. it is important to any board to have fundamental differences without friction. And if there is friction, there is the instant message feature that the party can use to settle the friction so it doesnt involve other posters. And you said it yourself: "don't have the interest to defend my opinion on most topics." Why does anyone need to defend themself on here?

if you are going to state an opinion...especially if you decide to present it as a fact (which many people here do) then you MUST be ready and willing to defend your postition....no one can expect to just say something and have it unequivocally accepted.

I have yet (in over 5000 posts) to see BTW insult someone's mother (I doubt dahoss has done it either though I am not positive).....I have, however seen you do it 2x in 2 days....getting attacked yourself is not a valid excuse IMO, we all make decisions, some of yours have been poor.

whodey17
10-23-2007, 07:42 PM
if you are going to state an opinion...especially if you decide to present it as a fact (which many people here do) then you MUST be ready and willing to defend your postition....no one can expect to just say something and have it unequivocally accepted.

I have yet (in over 5000 posts) to see BTW insult someone's mother (I doubt dahoss has done it either though I am not positive).....I have, however seen you do it 2x in 2 days....getting attacked yourself is not a valid excuse IMO, we all make decision, some of yours have been poor.Never said BTW or DaHoss mentioned my family, but I mentioned theirs and I am completely comfortable with what I said and where I took it. I am ready to defend my opinion when I base it on fact. But please present an arguement to why my opinion is wrong without any sarcasm, put-downs etc etc. Why not just present your argument and leave it at that.

paisjpq
10-23-2007, 07:48 PM
Never said BTW or DaHoss mentioned my family, but I mentioned theirs and I am completely comfortable with what I said and where I took it. I am ready to defend my opinion when I base it on fact. But please present an arguement to why my opinion is wrong without any sarcasm, put-downs etc etc. Why not just present your argument and leave it at that.

human nature plain and simple....no matter how much one desires utopia we all know it is just an illusion....and usually the one's crying out for it the loudest are the one's who are doing the most to prevent its realization.

stonegossard
10-23-2007, 07:49 PM
And at some point you have to take it a step further and that is what I did. I will agree that I lower myself, but it is also pretty low to continuously barage someone whenever he/she posts a thought or a selection.

It's one thing to rip on someone about there opinions,picks, etc...pretty harmless.....but to take it "a step further" like you did is ridiculous.

whodey17
10-23-2007, 07:52 PM
human nature plain and simple....no matter how much one desires utopia we all know it is just an illusion....and usually the one's crying out for it the loudest are the one's who are doing the most to prevent it's realization.I dont really agree with this. I am not asking for Utopia, just for people to give the proper respect to people who post here. And again, BTW and DaHoss started in on me and never apologized. To me, I have to put an end to this disdain they have for me. There is a great quote that I have all my employees memorize "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." I am fine with people not liking me or whatever, but why not just ignore my posts. Why do they feel the need to egg me on.

stonegossard
10-23-2007, 07:53 PM
Again, another perfect example. The sarcasm on this board has gotten well out of control.

Example of what?

I know her and was messing around.

Sarcasm is one thing....talking about sick family members is in another league. Obviously you are too friggin dense to see the difference.

You can't be this dumb.

whodey17
10-23-2007, 07:55 PM
I find it funny that someone can insult someone's family, yet is offended when their opinion is ridiculed, or someone says something sarcastic about it. What am I missing here? So we can personally insult and go over the line. but god forbid someone disagrees with your opinion or says something sarcastic. No wonder you have a hard time on this board. Seems like with that thought process you'll have a hard time anywhere.

I realize you are comfortable insulting peoples mothers over the net. I can guarantee your comfort level would be drastically different were you to do it in real life.I would definately do it in real life. I have no problem with that at all. And I don't mind my opinion is riduculed at all. But ridicule it (the opinion) with tactfullness. No need to call someone stupid etc etc. And again, you started on me months ago and I am now just fighting back. I could care less about your mom. I don't know her from a hole in the wall and I could care less about you for the same reason. Again, I will take it over the line and finish it either in person or on the internet.

paisjpq
10-23-2007, 07:56 PM
I dont really agree with this. I am not asking for Utopia, just for people to give the proper respect to people who post here. And again, BTW and DaHoss started in on me and never apologized. To me, I have to put an end to this disdain they have for me. There is a great quote that I have all my employees memorize "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." I am fine with people not liking me or whatever, but why not just ignore my posts. Why do they feel the need to egg me on.
please, respect is a 2 way street...if you want to ask for it then you sure as hell better give it....and at the risk of being repetitive....this is the internet, it isn't kindergarten....if somone kicks sand in your face they don't have a teacher grabbing them and demanding that they apologize....and if insulting family members is the way that you set aside your differences then god help you in the real world....as for ignoring you, why do you feel the need to respond....2 way street like I said.

and I thought you sold your business over a year ago?

whodey17
10-23-2007, 07:56 PM
Example of what?

I know her and was messing around.

Sarcasm is one thing....talking about sick family members is in another league. Obviously you are too friggin dense to see the difference.

You can't be this dumb.Another great example. For the 1000th time, I know I cross the line and intended to do so. I know the difference and how on earth am I to know you know her?

whodey17
10-23-2007, 07:58 PM
please, respect is a 2 way street...if you want to ask for it then you sure as hell better give it....and at the risk of being repetitive....this is the internet, it isn't kindergarten....if somone kicks sand in your face they don't have a teacher grabbing them and demanding that they apologize....and if insulting family members is the way that you set aside your differences then god help you in the real world.

and I thought you sold your business over a year ago?I did sell it. But I bought two other one's. I just cannot stand around and do nothing. I gave BTW and DaHoss respect and now I do not give them any. Please show me where they recipricated my respect. And I didnt get to where I am in life without being able to fight for what I want.

Now it is homework time with the kids. Part of my day that I truly love. Everyone have a great night and be good.

Coach Pants
10-23-2007, 08:10 PM
I did sell it. But I bought two other one's. I just cannot stand around and do nothing. I gave BTW and DaHoss respect and now I do not give them any. Please show me where they recipricated my respect. And I didnt get to where I am in life without being able to fight for what I want.

Now it is homework time with the kids. Part of my day that I truly love. Everyone have a great night and be good.
Tell your kids Pillow Pants says hello.

stonegossard
10-23-2007, 08:18 PM
I would definately do it in real life. I have no problem with that at all. And I don't mind my opinion is riduculed at all. But ridicule it (the opinion) with tactfullness. No need to call someone stupid etc etc. And again, you started on me months ago and I am now just fighting back. I could care less about your mom. I don't know her from a hole in the wall and I could care less about you for the same reason. Again, I will take it over the line and finish it either in person or on the internet.

ahh..the old "I am gonna kick your azz in person threat"...saw that coming a mile away. Gotta love the internet. Lemme guess...you are 6'4" 250 lbs and can bench 400 lbs....and are a blackbelt.

You are pathetic.

philcski
10-23-2007, 08:19 PM
Anyone of Hystericalady's last three dirt races are good enough to mop up this pathetic field.

She's faster than the other speed, and the nine furlong distance will suit her perfectly. I also am quite puzzled how she can be considered dead money at 8/1. I suppose she becomes a FAR less attractive if her synthetic races are held against her - but, anyone who's watched her dirt races knows she's a speed horse who breaks open races with an explosive burst off the far turn, and on synthetic surfaces, those horses always underperform.

... but that would be far too logical to do.

If she holds on against Tough Tis's Sis, on a surface she clearly doesn't prefer, what is she? Probably the morning line favorite! And now she's 8-1 with arguably the two best older filly performances of the year under her belt (the Molly Pitcher, which was just dominating, and the Humana Distaff)? Then call me dead money!!!

Coach Pants
10-23-2007, 08:32 PM
I did sell it. But I bought two other one's. I just cannot stand around and do nothing. I gave BTW and DaHoss respect and now I do not give them any. Please show me where they recipricated my respect. And I didnt get to where I am in life without being able to fight for what I want.

Oh yeah...

who in the hell starts "Homework Time" at 9:00 P.M. with their children? I'm sensing some B.S. on your part.

paisjpq
10-23-2007, 08:45 PM
Ok...I will back off.....because it's obvious I intimidate you. Regardless of what you claim in your post above.

I didn't respond to this earlier because I was afraid....now that I can see you are offline I will respectfully tell you to kiss my ass.....

Indian Charlie
10-23-2007, 08:49 PM
time to pass out the tampons.

The Indomitable DrugS
10-23-2007, 08:54 PM
I will respectfully tell you to kiss my ass.....

Can I first?

Let Stone have my sloppy seconds.

Mortimer
10-23-2007, 08:56 PM
When Noodles noodle around...bad things happen.

Shame on you Noodle.

Danzig
10-23-2007, 08:57 PM
Oh yeah...

who in the hell starts "Homework Time" at 9:00 P.M. with their children? I'm sensing some B.S. on your part.
well...well....

your mama!

:rolleyes:

Coach Pants
10-23-2007, 08:57 PM
well...well....

your mama!

:rolleyes:
I hope you get ass cancer!

Danzig
10-23-2007, 08:58 PM
I hope you get ass cancer!

is a crack the first symptom??

Coach Pants
10-23-2007, 08:59 PM
is a crack the first sign??
crack kills!

NTamm1215
10-23-2007, 08:59 PM
I was at the draw this morning and there was a collective surprise at the table when Indian Vale was announced as the ML favorite. We had already played the "choose who you think will be the ML fave" game and I chose Unbridled Belle for the Distaff. I would have thought Indian Vale or one of the two 3YOs if not UB.

In Brad Thomas' defense, they were having him do those lines literally in seconds. He did the Turf line incredibly fast and seconds later Joe Tessitore was reading it. It was a very unfortunate spot to be in and I think perhaps the only error he made was in the Distaff.

By the way, Monmouth Park looks terrific and the forecast is getting better by the day.

Good luck to everyone!

NT

Coach Pants
10-23-2007, 09:00 PM
I was at the draw this morning and there was a collective surprise at the table when Indian Vale was announced as the ML favorite. We had already played the "choose who you think will be the ML fave" game and I chose Unbridled Belle for the Distaff. I would have thought Indian Vale or one of the two 3YOs if not UB.

In Brad Thomas' defense, they were having him do those lines literally in seconds. He did the Turf line incredibly fast and seconds later Joe Tessitore was reading it. It was a very unfortunate spot to be in and I think perhaps the only error he made was in the Distaff.

By the way, Monmouth Park looks terrific and the forecast is getting better by the day.

Good luck to everyone!

NT
Just what in the hell are you doing, sir? On topic conversation? Blasphemy!!

Danzig
10-23-2007, 09:02 PM
who keeps cluttering this thread with on topic posting??? ugh, the nerve!

while on topic, may i say that i'm also surprised that indian vale is the m/l fave.

hi_im_god
10-23-2007, 09:04 PM
ahh..the old "I am gonna kick your azz in person threat"...saw that coming a mile away. Gotta love the internet. Lemme guess...you are 6'4" 250 lbs and can bench 400 lbs....and are a blackbelt.

You are pathetic.

watch it.

i have the largest cyber-penis on the internet and can post endlessly to prove it.

NTamm1215
10-23-2007, 09:04 PM
Just what in the hell are you doing, sir? On topic conversation? Blasphemy!!

My mistake, I apologize.

NT

paisjpq
10-23-2007, 09:05 PM
Can I first?

since you asked nicely...

do you have any money?

Danzig
10-23-2007, 09:06 PM
watch it.

i have the largest cyber-penis on the internet and can post endlessly to prove it.

you know what they say about guys with big feet....

they wear big shoes.

freddymo
10-23-2007, 09:06 PM
Can I first?

I will find you better D man.. This filly aint the finest teaser in the shed. Certainly not sock worthy... Just kidding Thebby I couldnt help myself

paisjpq
10-23-2007, 09:07 PM
I will find you better D man.. This filly aint the finest teaser in the shed. Certainly not sock worthy... Just kidding Thebby I couldnt help myself

nice freddy thanks....go phuck yourself.

FYI....I'm definately more 'doable' than your 'gal' Lauren.

freddymo
10-23-2007, 09:08 PM
since you asked nicely...

do you have any money?

DrugS is broke..Why do you need money anyway? Just bet Byk's winners and you will be rich enough

The Indomitable DrugS
10-23-2007, 09:10 PM
DrugS is far from broke.

blackthroatedwind
10-23-2007, 09:11 PM
Let's see.....Eurobounce/ Whodey posts that he was in short sleeves at last year's BC and was very comfortable and I laugh about the ridiculousness of that ( it was barely fifty and the sun was only occasionally out ) and he responds with some slur about my mother.

Sounds fair.

The Indomitable DrugS
10-23-2007, 09:11 PM

I'm holding out hope that Freddy was joking about Lauren.

nomad
10-23-2007, 09:12 PM
My mistake, I apologize.

NT

I learned so much about Indian Vale on this thread.

paisjpq
10-23-2007, 09:12 PM
DrugS is far from broke.

well... make sure I give you my digits then.

freddymo
10-23-2007, 09:13 PM
Let's see.....Eurobounce/ Whodey posts that he was in short sleeves at last year's BC and was very comfortable and I laugh about the ridiculousness of that ( it was barely fifty and the sun was only occasionally out ) and he responds with some slur about my mother.

Sounds fair.

Even I dont stoop that low...even bombed

The Indomitable DrugS
10-23-2007, 09:14 PM
well... make sure I give you my digits then.

DrugS is cheap.

Payson Dave
10-23-2007, 09:15 PM
enough of this on topic nonsense....let's get back to discussing Thebby's ass

freddymo
10-23-2007, 09:17 PM
nice freddy thanks....go phuck yourself.

Worked the doable in nicely...DrugS she does have smaller under garments then lauren.. Just brush the hay off first. I'm playing dont ban me I am a man without a country

The Indomitable DrugS
10-23-2007, 09:17 PM

Right you are David.

paisjpq
10-23-2007, 09:18 PM
DrugS is cheap.

that's why I gave you someone else's number...

Coach Pants
10-23-2007, 09:24 PM
Since we're off topic...

http://birdloversonly.blogspot.com/2007/09/may-i-have-this-dance.html

freddymo
10-23-2007, 09:25 PM
that is really mean.. the kid is very sensitive

Payson Dave
10-23-2007, 09:29 PM
When Noodles noodle around...bad things happen.

Shame on you Noodle.

Morty....when did you get let out of confinement??

Cajungator26
10-23-2007, 09:30 PM
Morty....when did you get let out of confinement??

What parallel universe have you been in, Dave? :p

Payson Dave
10-23-2007, 09:33 PM
Are ya telling me he has been outta jail for awhile now???? I guess I must of missed it....post 53 of this thread is the first time I have seen him in the paddock in a long time.

philcski
10-23-2007, 09:37 PM

Haha!

I've seen it. It's... white? :eek: :p

Sorry Bethi! Couldn't resist! :D

stonegossard
10-23-2007, 09:40 PM
Can I first?

Just dont pull a smokey stover and back away at the last moment and not follow through.

stonegossard
10-23-2007, 09:42 PM
DrugS is broke..Why do you need money anyway? Just bet Byk's winners and you will be rich enough

Why dont you bet.......................oh....forgot.

My bad.

Payson Dave
10-23-2007, 09:44 PM
Haha!

I've seen it. It's... white? :eek: :p

Sorry Bethi! Couldn't resist! :D

Well based upon a brief sighting at the Spa, I was pretty sure it wasn't black....

stonegossard
10-23-2007, 09:44 PM
Well based upon a brief sighting at the Spa, I was pretty sure it wasn't black....

In this strange world you never know.

freddymo
10-23-2007, 09:46 PM
Thebby would you mind posting a sweet jpeg of your arsss?

ArlJim78
10-23-2007, 11:24 PM

i don't see this unfolding like the Molly Pitcher, that was not a fast pace and she was totally not challenged at any point whatsoever, not hard to look great powering home under those circumstances. at a minimum i see Indian Vale and Bear Now as faster early than Hysterical Lady.

one way to look at her synthetic races is to say she doesn't do well on cushion track, although I don't buy that because her figures are more or less in line with her other races. another way to look at it is to say that routing she isn't as good as the type of fillies and mares she'll face in the distaff. so let me get this straight, she is so good on dirt that she'll mop up on this pathetic field, yet when members of this pathetic field beat her on cushion track (Balance, Tough Tiz' Sis), its because the cushion track effects Hysterical Lady much more than the others? i don't buy it. she could be in the mix but i don't see her finishing better than third.

robfla
10-23-2007, 11:46 PM
hate to be on topic, but:

on the other hand; if you DO throw out the cushion races then she is 7 wins in 11 starts at distances from 4.5f to 8.5f. She is proven she doesn't NEED the lead as shown in the 7f Humana at CD and others. If you watch that race it is one of the most visually impressive of the day notwithstanding that of Street Sense ( Derby Day ) If she can sit behind the speed and make her move on the far turn she can win at 10-1. Castro is underrated too so maybe 12-1 + due to the post

Scav
10-24-2007, 12:48 AM
hate to be on topic, but:

on the other hand; if you DO throw out the cushion races then she is 7 wins in 11 starts at distances from 4.5f to 8.5f. She is proven she doesn't NEED the lead as shown in the 7f Humana at CD and others. If you watch that race it is one of the most visually impressive of the day notwithstanding that of Street Sense ( Derby Day ) If she can sit behind the speed and make her move on the far turn she can win at 10-1. Castro is underrated too so maybe 12-1 + due to the post

I love her in that race, but it is very possible that she will be 4w into that first turn, and that will be her demise.

And I just read through this whole thread and it is amazing how bad a thread can go because of a one person, there is alot of good things in this thread and no one is going to read it after page 2 because of the drama. Bethani, a little note, you don't have to explain yourself to no one IMO, you do what you do because things are great around here, as long as Morty stays in his cage where people can get a dose of him and then safely get away. no need to waste your time bantering unless you are in the mood to yell at your monitor for an hour, I am sure many around here echo those statements.

Scav
10-24-2007, 01:25 AM
although I don't buy that because her figures are more or less in line with her other races

I'd like to argue this. Hystericalady's last two dirt performances were close to -2(-1.75 and -1.5) where her cushion performances were no where near that (2.75, 3, 2.25). I see a huge difference in those.

My issue with her is the post, if she finds a way to only be 2w into the turn then she mops this field IMO. but 4w and she will have issues.

nomad
10-24-2007, 01:27 AM
Since we're off topic...

http://birdloversonly.blogspot.com/2007/09/may-i-have-this-dance.html

Glad to see someone in the Holiday spirit. Happy Halloween to you too.

Now back to Indian Vale.......

Now back to my pps.........

Hysterical Lady will be very tough in here. She's got the style & the speed & has won here. I will stick to my original picks, right or wrong, HS, Octave, Balance (at 20/1??!!!)

I think Nashoba's Key is our next monster. Had she run in this one, she would have been my choice.

The Indomitable DrugS
10-24-2007, 07:04 AM
at a minimum i see Indian Vale and Bear Now as faster early than Hysterical Lady.

Hystericalady was cross entered in the Sprint race ...

She's won at 4.5 furlongs, a stakes winner at 5 furlongs, set the pace in the INSANELY fast paced Las Flores at 6 furlongs earlier in the year, won a Grade 1 race at 7 furlongs at Churchill by open lengths after being rated very hard and sitting about a length off of the speed crazy Shaggy Mane.

And you think Indian Vale is faster? A daughter of Belmont winner A.P Indy, who's made the early lead just once in the last two years - when she set the pace in the disgracefully paceless Next Move at AQU.

Bear Now obviously doesn't have the raw speed of a Hystericalady - but she needs the lead and Hystericalady doesn't...and she's drawn inside of HL.

I'd like to see Flores send HL, but he's annoyingly patient, especially when drawn outside. If she doesn't clear, and gets hung up on the first turn, I think HL can still win with rating tactics.

Prior to running on the synthetic surfaces - Hystericalady was seen as some brilliant speed crazy run-off who couldn't rate...if someone said after her Humana win that Indian Vale was faster than her...it would compete with the legendary Excellent Meeting reminds me a lot of Alydar comment from AOL about five years ago.

ArlJim78
10-24-2007, 08:37 AM
Hystericalady was cross entered in the Sprint race ...

She's won at 4.5 furlongs, a stakes winner at 5 furlongs, set the pace in the INSANELY fast paced Las Flores at 6 furlongs earlier in the year, won a Grade 1 race at 7 furlongs at Churchill by open lengths after being rated very hard and sitting about a length off of the speed crazy Shaggy Mane.

And you think Indian Vale is faster? A daughter of Belmont winner A.P Indy, who's made the early lead just once in the last two years - when she set the pace in the disgracefully paceless Next Move at AQU.

Bear Now obviously doesn't have the raw speed of a Hystericalady - but she needs the lead and Hystericalady doesn't...and she's drawn inside of HL.

I'd like to see Flores send HL, but he's annoyingly patient, especially when drawn outside. If she doesn't clear, and gets hung up on the first turn, I think HL can still win with rating tactics.

Prior to running on the synthetic surfaces - Hystericalady was seen as some brilliant speed crazy run-off who couldn't rate...if someone said after her Humana win that Indian Vale was faster than her...it would compete with the legendary Excellent Meeting reminds me a lot of Alydar comment from AOL about five years ago.
i was merely comparing how these horses ration their speed in route races, not making a claim that Indian Vale is a faster sprinter than Hysterical Lady. Last I looked the subject race is being run at nine furlongs.

of course she is fast, but this is not a sprint we are talking about here and she doesn't run a sprint-like pace in her route races for reasons that should be obvious. whether you want to believe it or not Indian Vale and Bear Now run pace numbers in their route races that are faster than Hysterical Ladys numbers from her route races. by saying that I am not making a meaningless generic statement that those horses are faster than Hysterical Lady. you're looking for Hysterical Lady to make an explosive move off the turn to take the lead and win, I don't see that happening.

robfla
10-24-2007, 08:53 AM
I'd like to see Flores send HL,

isn't Castro aboard? I would much prefer Castro over Flores

freddymo
10-24-2007, 09:07 AM
i was merely comparing how these horses ration their speed in route races, not making a claim that Indian Vale is a faster sprinter than Hysterical Lady. Last I looked the subject race is being run at nine furlongs.

of course she is fast, but this is not a sprint we are talking about here and she doesn't run a sprint-like pace in her route races for reasons that should be obvious. whether you want to believe it or not Indian Vale and Bear Now run pace numbers in their route races that are faster than Hysterical Ladys numbers from her route races. by saying that I am not making a meaningless generic statement that those horses are faster than Hysterical Lady. you're looking for Hysterical Lady to make an explosive move off the turn to take the lead and win, I don't see that happening.
3 of the last 4 routes are on Poly and the other route shee made an easy lead and towered over the field and drew off.. As a 3 year old she routed on dirt with equal or better pace the IV.. Anyway IV is on to the breedibg shed and hopefully the Pletcher magic drugs are out of her system

ArlJim78
10-24-2007, 09:42 AM
3 of the last 4 routes are on Poly and the other route shee made an easy lead and towered over the field and drew off.. As a 3 year old she routed on dirt with equal or better pace the IV.. Anyway IV is on to the breedibg shed and hopefully the Pletcher magic drugs are out of her system
the surfaces at Hollywood and Santa Anita are not polytrack. I know many people loosely refer to all synthetic surfaces as polytrack, but the cushion track surface is distinctly different than polytrack.

King Glorious
10-24-2007, 10:37 AM
I have no problem with Indian Vale being favored. She's unbeaten at the distance when running two-turns and there is a chance that she can be the speed of the race. Even if she isn't leading it, she's shown several times that she can run with other horses during the early stages and still finish. Perhaps Unbridled Belle should have been made the favorite and she has finished ahead of IV the last three races to back up her position. But two of those were at 10f, obviously too far for IV. I think these two are the top two in the race and were equally deserving of the favorite role in a pretty open race.

Indian Charlie
10-24-2007, 11:50 AM

that comment was from 1999 i believe dude. how does the HL vs IV speed issue compare to the legendary comment that Johar wouldn't win the BC because he would not be able to get loose on the lead?

freddymo
10-24-2007, 12:41 PM
the surfaces at Hollywood and Santa Anita are not polytrack. I know many people loosely refer to all synthetic surfaces as polytrack, but the cushion track surface is distinctly different than polytrack.

You are right Cushion isn't poly but carpet isnt dirt..HL is going to on the lead at the head of the stretch