PDA

View Full Version : Lawyer Ron- on the rail

smuthg
10-23-2007, 11:50 AM
Team Todd can't be too happy with that draw.

Scav
10-23-2007, 11:54 AM
Alot of good horses got real bad draws. HystericalLady is starting from far outside, Grace Anatomy is way out there. I can't remember anymore at this moment

NoLuvForPletch
10-23-2007, 11:55 AM
Alot of good horses got real bad draws. HystericalLady is starting from far outside, Grace Anatomy is way out there. I can't remember anymore at this moment

where are you getting the pp's?

smuthg
10-23-2007, 12:03 PM
I just watched part of the draw on ESPN News. the classic to the best I can remember is:

1. Lawyer Ron
2. Street Sense
3. AGS
4. GW
5. Curlin
6. Diamond Stripes
7. Awesome Gem
8. Hard Spun
9. Tiago

Scav
10-23-2007, 12:05 PM
where are you getting the pp's?

It was on ESPNews. I am doing it by memory.....I couldn't find a pen to write it all down and I am surprised that it isn't on Bloodhorse, they are usually better then this.....

declansharbor
10-23-2007, 12:10 PM
I just watched part of the draw on ESPN News. the classic to the best I can remember is:

1. Lawyer Ron
2. Street Sense
3. AGS
4. GW
5. Curlin
6. Diamond Stripes
7. Awesome Gem
8. Hard Spun
9. Tiago

I believe Curlin is 4 and GW is 5.

jwkniska
10-23-2007, 12:11 PM
worst draws were Excellent Art in the mile (ML fav that's now VERY vulnerable), Discreet Cat (rail), also many Juvys in 11-14 holes that were viable... but not with that post.

philcski
10-23-2007, 12:21 PM
I think you guys are overrating the rail at Mth at a mile and a quarter. It's a LONG way from the 1 1/4 chute to the first turn, with only 9 in the field it isn't like the Derby where a crush of horses could create a nightmare trip.

Doesn't change my opinion of Lawyer Ron.

jwkniska
10-23-2007, 12:23 PM
I think you guys are overrating the rail at Mth at a mile and a quarter. It's a LONG way from the 1 1/4 chute to the first turn, with only 9 in the field it isn't like the Derby where a crush of horses could create a nightmare trip.

I've got him from 3 wks ago in Vegas at 6-1 and still think he's the class of the race.

Scav
10-23-2007, 12:31 PM
TVG is going over the races now, albeit slowly, when they get a 3-5 minute opening they show the post draw

Alan07
10-23-2007, 12:33 PM
and they have the race order wrong

Heels1989
10-23-2007, 12:38 PM
From Breederscup.com

http://www.breederscup.com/content.aspx?id=28964

ShadowRoll
10-23-2007, 12:41 PM
From Breederscup.com

http://www.breederscup.com/content.aspx?id=28964
Excellent! Thanks for the link, Heels.

SentToStud
10-23-2007, 12:44 PM
At any distance at Monmouth on the dirt, inside and a front/close up running style are the keys. Anything from post 8 out is doomed.

cakes44
10-23-2007, 12:57 PM
The rail is just fine for Lawyer Ron. He'll break second, let Hard Spun move over in front, and sit a length behind. He might very well lose, but it won't have anything to do with drawing the one-hole.

geeker2
10-23-2007, 01:05 PM
I'd imagine the rail draw kind of forses Velazquez's hand on Lawyer Ron. Maybe he sends now?

As head strong as he was last time...maybe Ron sends himself..

Makes it quite a bit more interesting for those that thought Curlin would carve out the easy fractions..

SniperSB23
10-23-2007, 01:14 PM

I just think we could see two entirely different races now depending on what they do with Lawyer Ron early and neither of them look promising for Lawyer Ron. They can send him early in which case a likely duel with Hard Spun develops and it should set up perfectly for Street Sense. Or they can try and sit behind Hard Spun early which will put Any Given Saturday and Diamond Stripes a perfect position to box him in. If the stalkers are more concerned with keeping the Lawyer boxed in than what fractions Hard Spun is setting it could set up perfectly for Hard Spun to wire them. Worst case scenario for Lawyer Ron here, I think he'd be better off in the 14 post if they had a full field.

SniperSB23
10-23-2007, 01:16 PM
As head strong as he was last time...maybe Ron sends himself..

Yeah, I don't think the jockey will make the decision. They said they aren't going to fight the horse this time so he either wants to go out front and they let him or he's willing to rate and they let him do that.

Bobby Fischer
10-23-2007, 01:36 PM
Ron will be fine on the rail unless someone breaks inward , but they all face that risk.

The worst nightmare that could happen to Lawyer Ron = is Hard Spun running the same 24.45 as in the Ky Cup Classic.

Yes Hard Spun went in 24.45!

Johnny V is supposed to set him free (Ron)

However, Ron wants to go in 23 ...

:D

Theres no way Velazquez will accept the lead in that scenario. It will just increase the chances of Lawyer Ron being very rank.

would love to see it play out.

to be real 24.45 @ turfway is more like 23.75 at Monmouth

whodey17
10-23-2007, 01:39 PM
What a great draw for Street Sense.

Merlinsky
10-23-2007, 04:53 PM
What a great draw for Street Sense.

Yup I was just thinking how great it is that there's only one horse between Calvin and his true love. If they do send Lawyer Ron (or rather let him send himself) it gives SS a shot to just slide over with minimal effort. You figure with 8 other horses he won't get blocked but we shall see. Calvin did manage to bob and weave along the rail in the Derby.

freddymo
10-23-2007, 05:49 PM
It's very hard for HS to leave and run less then 23.3 47.4 for the half..He has a very fast cruise speed..

I doubt they catch but I respect SS and his connections a lot and he has lived a charmed racing life for a while now..Good colts have good fortune SS has had a lot of Mazel

Uncle Daddy
10-23-2007, 09:29 PM
Yeah, I don't think the jockey will make the decision. They said they aren't going to fight the horse this time so he either wants to go out front and they let him or he's willing to rate and they let him do that.

He rates , he contends. He is rank and flies early, this distance and field will close on him. Classy horse but to headstrong to be a consistent champ.