PDA

View Full Version : G1 contest, a little suprised

whorstman
07-09-2006, 04:17 PM
I have to say that I'm a little suprised with all the people who just chucked it all on Lava Man to win and nobody considered the all Key? I tried to find an easy 2nd to go straight with, but I figured any one of the other 4 could run 2nd. $30 exacta 1/all returned $597. Pretty clutch the 24/1 Ace Blue ran second. I think the 10lb break he got helped cause he came back down the stretch. Who was the genius who did do that?.... Oh yeah, that was me. :cool:

P.S. My 400th post just put me on Hollywood Park, how ironic.

Downthestretch55
07-09-2006, 04:40 PM
I have to say that I'm a little suprised with all the people who just chucked it all on Lava Man to win and nobody considered the all Key? I tried to find an easy 2nd to go straight with, but I figured any one of the other 4 could run 2nd. $30 exacta 1/all returned $597. Pretty clutch the 24/1 Ace Blue ran second. I think the 10lb break he got helped cause he came back down the stretch. Who was the genius who did do that?.... Oh yeah, that was me. :cool:

P.S. My 400th post just put me on Hollywood Park, how ironic.

Worst,
I came within a nostil. The story of my life.
If you look back through the picks, nobody thought Ace Blue had a chance.
Well, there's always next.

GenuineRisk
07-12-2006, 01:05 PM
...some of us put our bet in at the last minute so we didn't stop to look at the form. We were too busy racing out the door to get financially spanked at Belmont... :(