PDA

View Full Version : WOrld Cup

GPK
07-09-2006, 03:42 PM
The WOP's win:D :D

somerfrost
07-09-2006, 03:49 PM

Better than average game...at least there was one goal scored without a penalty kick! Still...like watching grass grow!

BellamyRd.
07-09-2006, 03:54 PM

you are a racist sir, you are a racist!

Downthestretch55
07-09-2006, 03:58 PM
Kev,
No need for ethnic names.

btw, I like you.

GPK
07-09-2006, 04:05 PM
Kev,
No need for ethnic names.

btw, I like you.

I mean nothing by it Wayne. I never had grandparents growing up and when I first moved to NC alone this old Italian couple took me in like I was their son/grandson. He died a few years at age 87...the only name I ever called him was WOP. That was a helluva lot nicer than the names he called me...but I loved that old guy dearly.

RIP Joseph Francis Michael Anthony DeCosi

Downthestretch55
07-09-2006, 04:16 PM
I mean nothing by it Wayne. I never had grandparents growing up and when I first moved to NC alone this old Italian couple took me in like I was their son/grandson. He died a few years at age 87...the only name I ever called him was WOP. That was a helluva lot nicer than the names he called me...but I loved that old guy dearly.

Kev,
I know you didn't mean to ruffle feathers.
I have my fair share of Italian friends. Good people. Great times.

This wasn't a jab, just that I'm a little sensitive.
Let's let this go.

Wayne

GPK
07-09-2006, 04:24 PM
Kev,
I know you didn't mean to ruffle feathers.
I have my fair share of Italian friends. Good people. Great times.

This wasn't a jab, just that I'm a little sensitive.
Let's let this go.

Wayne

takes alot to get me ruffled...I'm not a mean spirited person. It's all good.

Bold Brooklynite
07-09-2006, 07:00 PM

No need to apologize ...

WOP simply means With-Out Papers ... nowadays referred to as "undocumented guest worker" ... and can be applied to any immigrant.

But ... guinea, zip, greaseball, guido, dago, spaghetti-bender, jadrool, sfaccime, and garlic face are definitely offensive ... and should not be used under any circumstances.

Downthestretch55
07-09-2006, 07:13 PM
No need to apologize ...

WOP simply means With-Out Papers ... nowadays referred to as "undocumented guest worker" ... and can be applied to any immigrant.

But ... guinea, zip, greaseball, guido, dago, spaghetti-bender, jadrool, sfaccime, and garlic face are definitely offensive ... and should not be used under any circumstances.
OH! And thank you very much for listing them Bold B.
Can't wait for your names for African-Americans, Hispanic-Americans, and those of oriental descent.
I'll stay tuned....your name should be changed also...
From here on out, I'll just call you "Floatie".

It's that little annoying thing that refuses to flush with the rest of the S H I T.
It just keeps coming back, just like you....Floatie

Bold Brooklynite
07-09-2006, 07:37 PM
Can't wait for your names for African-Americans, Hispanic-Americans, and those of oriental descent.

It's that little annoying thing that refuses to flush with the rest of the S H I T.
Just trying to help everyone else stay out of trouble with an ethnic group that I'm familiar with.

And while you're decrying my satirical listing of well-known and harmless sobriquets ... you're coming up with vicious and vulgar neologisms of your own.

Do you see any irony in that?

pgardn
07-09-2006, 07:59 PM
Back to the original topic. It was a very good game dominated by the French. I especially like the head butt to the chest.

paisjpq
07-09-2006, 08:11 PM

FYI the PC term is Asian (when refering to people) not Oriental (that's only for furniture and carpets).

Bold Brooklynite
07-10-2006, 09:09 AM
FYI the PC term is Asian (when refering to people) not Oriental (that's only for furniture and carpets).
Thank you for pointing out the chink in his armor.

somerfrost
07-10-2006, 10:28 AM
Thank you for pointing out the chink in his armor.

LOL...I didn't know Samurai wore armor. Where is Seattle when we need him??

SCUDSBROTHER
07-10-2006, 10:53 AM
Why is Asian preferred over Oriental?I can see where Asian,and Oriental are preferred over SLANT EYE,but why is Asian preferred over Oriental?

paisjpq
07-10-2006, 11:25 AM
Why is Asian preferred over Oriental?I can see where Asian,and Oriental are preferred over SLANT EYE,but why is Asian preferred over Oriental?
honestly I don't know...

GenuineRisk
07-10-2006, 07:50 PM
"Everyone's a little bit racist sometimes
Doesn't mean we go around committing hate crimes
Look around and you will find
No one's really color blind
Maybe it's a fact we all should face
Everyone makes judgments based on race"

Ah, Avenue Q. What's not to love about muppets singing about racism?