PDA

View Full Version : BEL: $60K C/O (4th-9th)

Kasept
05-27-2006, 08:16 AM
Saturday marks the start of the traditional kickoff to summer's racing, and the big Memorial Day stakes. Though Belmont's Sheepshead Bay (Gr. II) and Arlington's Hanshin Cup (Gr. III) are the only graded races today, quality listed stakes at Monmouth, Delaware and Churchill also highlight the action...

BEL 8th: Sheepshead Bay (Gr. II), $150,000, 11f-IT, F&M 3+

1. #1 HONEY RIDER (2-1): Pletcher 5yo padding stats with plethora of stakes wins past 12+ months. Adjusts to any scenario and doesn't mind it soft. Imposing.

2. #3 LATICE (9-2): Sheppard miss stretches out in 2nd start since 5 month break. Relished heavy sod in France just missed versus top one in '05 E.P. Taylor.

A. #7 SERENDIPITOUS (20-1): Inclined to include Bond bay by Pleasant Tap for value as she scored on yielding loam at 3 and has been respectable in BEL graded company previously.

B. #5 ASI SIEMPRE (3-1): Biancine grey has done little wrong in 4 U.S. tries, annexing Gr. III Valley View (yl) and placing behind Wend (Jenny Wiley-Gr. II) and Olaya (Garden City BC-Gr. I) since last fall. Removes goggles and keeps Leparoux.

MTH 10th: Frisk Me Now (L), $65,000, 1m-70y, 3+

1. #2 PARK AVENUE BALL (7-2): Ryerson stalwart for M/M Hesse rarely runs a bad one and is never off board at shore (5/3-1-1).

2. #4 YOUR BLUFFING (9-2): My man Trombetta sends Laurel Terror north after blah efforts at AQU/DEL. Gets new pilot in Fast Eddie who should suit this 6yo gelding.

A. #11 SUNSHINE STALKER (15-1): Inviting tab on capable Jenkins (19%) gelding who has run badly just once in 8 career tries. Post an obvious hurdle.

B. #8 AUGURI (10-1): Artax waters were too deep for Argentian from Showing Up connections, but that team scored at BEL, and 5yo may forget to stop here.

DEL 8th: Go For Wand (L), $100,000, 8.5f, 3yo fillies

1. #5 LADY OF CLARE (12-1): Taking shot with Gorham trainee that may just be a Pimlico lover or has really turned corner. One of three here that has beaten elder and she's demolished last pair of fields by combined 18 lengths steretching past 8f. 12-1? That's us!

2. #6 AMANDATUDE (5-1): Ritchey Aptitude bay is never out exacta in 6 DEL tries and has tactical foot. Shows incremental fig progress and topped similar event last.

A. #7 UNBRIDLED BELLE (6-1): Ramon cruised when last paired with this Pletcher trainee and hard to pass up generous tote on any Todd trotter.

B. #2 DIAMOND SPIRIT (9-5): Mr. Jerkens' Holy Bull fave looks eminently beatable to us despite pair of Gr,. II placements on display.

LONGSHOT: #8 ELLIOT'S EXCHANGE (15-1) will be lost on the board and is a reasonable include on deep exotic ticks...

CD 10th: Winning Colors (L), $100,000, 6f, F&M 3+

1. #1 EVER ELUSIVE (4-1): Willing to key Madison (Gr. III) show pony with addition of Bejarano.

2. #4 HOT STORM (5-2): Hard to fault Stewart's nice bay in midst of 5 race skien.

A. #2 ATLAS VALLEY (5-1): 21% Wilkes turns back Capote 4yo off OK 4th in Humana Distaff on Derby Day. Spotty record on view but has always kept good company.

B. #5 REUNITED (2-1): Off the board once career and 4/3-0-1 at trip, Howard-Farish feline has been working gangbusters and sprinters are always playable off layoffs.

AP 8th: Hanshin Cup H. (Gr. III), $100,000, 1m

1. #1 FIFTEEN ROUNDS (5-2): Fit to Fight gelding from our friend Christine Jenks has nabbed 7 of last 10 and is 8 of 11 in Chi-town burbs. Flying in the a.m. for graded debut.

2. GOULDINGS GREEN (9-5): Admit Reinstedler red will be tough, but with top choice as lone speed, he may not get set up he wants.

3. #4 THREE HOUR NAP (5-1): Pleased to get 5-1 on 5/4-0-1 Arlington bay from savvy Robertson.

More for Sunday and Memorial Day including Belmont's Jaipur (with Lansdon Robbins' record setting No Phone) and Monday's prestigious Met Mile...

Enjoy the day!!
Steve

Kasept
05-28-2006, 06:27 AM
Bit of an unusual day for me that has continued a recent trend...

I had one "on top" winner after another but struggled to find exotics scores... And the day culminated with the straight tri in the Hanshin before Fifteen Rounds was moved to second and Gouldings Green was moved to the win.

Honey Rider, Ever Elusive and Park Avenue Ball all got the job done, but I couldn't get an exacta or tri out of those efforts. Nailed the exacta, tri and super boxes in the Go For Wand, but it didn't produce much ROI. The straight Hanshin tri would have paid close to $50, but the box returned around $35 with Fifteen Rounds 2nd on the DQ...

For some reason, over the last 10 days or so, I've been picking lots of winners on top... something I don't necessarily try to do as I'm not a WP bettor... And I can't tell what I'm doing differently that is identifying winners but coming up empty on the underneaths... Very strange..

Kasept
05-28-2006, 10:08 AM
Solid day yesterday with on top winners in three of the stakes and winning exotic box plays in the two others... Park Avenue Ball, Ever Elusive and Honey Rider all got the job done in the Frisk Me Now, Winning Colors and Sheepshead Bay, but we couldn't manage to get the right exacta/tri/super players underneath!

In the Hanshin, we tabbed the straight triple with Fifteen Rounds, Gouldings Green and Three Hour Nap coming home 1-2-3, but the AP stewards swapped the two top finishers in yet another seemingly unnecessary DQ... Although we boxed up the right 4 players in the Go For Wand, the ROI disappeared when the tote turned odd... 6-1 ML Unbridled Belle made the punters look good going off as the 3-2 favorite and winning the head bob over Amandatude (7-2). Original a.m. choice Diamond Spirit (9-5 ML) did prove as beatable as we suggested at 2-1, finishing third. Our top choice, Lady of Clare (8-1), rounded out the $71.80 superfecta.

Sunday sees only one American graded stake, and it features Derby Trailer Lansdon Robbins' NOT PHONE in the Jaipur (Gr. III). In Toronto, Woodbine offers the Gr. III Connaught Cup... We look at the Jaipur as part of the Belmont Grand Slam play, and glance at the listed Ft. Monmouth (MON) for fillies and mares as well...

BELMONT PARK, 5/28/06, (R5-8, Grand Slam)

R5: $35k Clm, 1m-T, F&M-3+

1. #1 Morning Sky 3-1: Lake gal returns to straight claimers after breaking three race win run last

2. #11 Moorebella 5-2: Wondermare unbeatable of late but cutback a tough chore from lousy launch

A. #8 Urbane Hustle 7-2: Off board twice last 11, and trainer Walder damn savvy

B. #7 My Nina Rose 8-1: 9/1-3-2 on BEL lawn, Sciacca trainee close to Moorebella last time

Longshot: #5 Miss Baba: From Derby Trailer Dr. John Charos and his Pont St. Stables crew, the big mare can fire shots from nowhere and had trouble in her seasonal debut two back. Will be 30-1 or more and could be a worthwhile include with Del Carroll starting to warm up with a win this week. When the Carroll barns heats, it gets real HOT...

R6: $17.5k Clm, 6.5f

1. #8 Gambling Native 4-1: Rudy R. a success with this 5yo Quick gelding: Right back

2. #4 Forli's Con Man 8-1: Terror at TAM gets .5f break trying front end: Gets company

A. #10 Bandit Nailhead 8-1: Like the claim move from Gullo to Levine who hits 28% first off tag

B. #1/1a Gullo entry (Little Red Rocket/The Midnight Skier) 5-2: Both sides of tandem rise in price and neither looks especially imposing in here

R7: $44k Alw/N1x, 1m, NYB F&M-3+

1. #3 Karakorum Starlet 5-2: Odinitz red came back from break running: Faces pressure from "Nibs", but otherwise figures tough

2. #1 Stellar Maiden 9-2: Galluscio bay just missed in comebacker and should sit trip on rail in slight cutback

A. #4 Stolen Star 6-1: Hot Kimmel sends Broman-bred Cat Thief daughter, away 100 days, off series of strong a.m. efforts; Offers value

B. #7 Her Royal Nibs 4-1: Formal Gold bay showed speed last before tiring: Cuts back a 'teenth here

R8: The Jaipur Handicap, Gr. III, 6f-T

1. #2 Not Phone 5-2: Record-setter in last looks for stallion-making stakes win for DT's Lansdon Robbins

2. #8 Around the Cape 3-1: From our friends at Live Oak, Shakertown runner-up rarely miss-fires

A. #7 Primary Suspect 4-1: '05 Toboggan winner chased Spooky Mulder, Silver Train to good third last out

B. #1 Summer Service 5-1: Cross-entered at Philly, gelding a threat if he goes here

C. #6 Bold Decision 15-1: Nice number on state bred from slick LaFavers who won one yesterday

Grand Slam Play:

5th: 1 or 11
6th: 4 or 8
7th: 1 or 3
8th: 1-2-4-6-7-8

1x1x1x6 = 6 x $5 = $30

MON 10th: The Fort Monmouth (L), $65k, 8.5f, F&M-3+

1. #1 Toll Taker 9-2: One of our favorite fillies.. May be heading back in right direction

2. #2 No Sleep 3-1: Contessa expecting top effort from nice Robyn Dancer grey

A. #6 #6 Blissful Ignorance 15-1: Value inclusion gets "1st time Chavez"... Potent angle

B. #4 Sis City 5-2: Figure this one wakes up at some point and Derby Day Gr. III turf try legs her up and was better than it looks

Met Mile tomorrow, plus stakes all over the country!! Enjoy the racing and continue to have a safe, pleasant Holiday Weekend!

Steve

Kasept
05-29-2006, 09:57 AM
Big day of racing today.. Memorial Day, and the Met Mile especially, have great historical imoport in the sport.

Hope folks took advantage of our pointing out Bold Decision in Sunday's Jaipur. Originally 15-1, Laurie LaFavers' red gelding floated to 35-1 and ran a courageous second to help ignite the exotics to the tune of a $157 exacta and $669 trifecta... In the Ft. Monmouth, Blissful Ignorance's scratch left you with the tri ($53.20) and exacta ($28.80) boxes.

Here's a look at the holiday bill of fare... (NOTE: Paz Ciudadana looks like an outstanding play at 12-1 in the Lone Star Distaff Stake...)

BEL 8th: 113th METROPOLITAN HANDICAP (Gr. I), 1m

1. #4 Silver Train 2-1: Note big a.m. numbers and 3 for 5 BEL mark; Appears healthy again..

2. #7 Sir Greeley 7-2: At top of his game and running at his best distance..

A. #1 Mass Media 6-1: Displays a top effort-off effort pattern and 5/18 blowout..

B. #6 New York Hero 20-1: New version of this one last time under Dutrow eye..

MON 9: Wolf Hill (L), $65k, 6f

1. #1 Spooky Mulder 8-5: The game's most lovable older horse: Our Kelso..

2. #4 Shrewd Stipulation 6-1: Trombetta doesn't ship for nothing..

3. #2 Wild Jam 5-2: Perkins/New Farm gelding adds Jersey Joe..

MON 10th: Spend A Buck (L), $65k, 1m

1. #4 Valid Brush 8-1: Small dangerous on quick runback: Chased Songster at PIM..

2. #2 Electrify 5-2: On stakes skien, but looks vulnerable here..

A. #3 Ghostly Apparition 7-2: Pletcher grey will face Two Terms from bell..

B. #7 Extra Bend 8-1: Won last time employing sod to dirt trick..

CRC 12th: 32nd Memorial Day H. (Gr. III), 8.5f

1. #8 Siphon City 4-1: Hurtak red looks in top form and super tough here..

2. #2 Gigawatt 8-1: Turf to dirt and ITM 10 of 13 trip..

A. #1 Who's Crying Now 5-1: Tortora trainee rarely runs a bad one..

B. #9 Twilight Road 6-1: 50% winner in 6 Miami tries: Circling back to top..

CD 10th: 69th Louisville H. (Gr. III), 11f-T

1. #3 Silverfoot 2-1: Logical..

2. #4 Nolan 's Cat 6-1: Adds value if he takes to lawn..

3. #5 Quest Star 3-1: Tough at 4th and Central..

LS 9th: Winstar Distaff (Gr. III), 1m-T, F&M-3+

1. #4 Paz Ciudadana 12-1: Ciu at da IRS window at that price!

2. #5 Lock and Key (Ire) 4-1: PVal (Magnum in 10th) didn't come to TX to get shut out..

A. #1 Swet Talker 9-5: Motion filly 5-0-1 last 6, but figs make her just "one of the ones"..

B. #8 Caviar Emptor 20-1: Note trouble line from last and fact that 6 of 10 career wins were grassy..

LS 10th: Lone Star Park H. (Gr. III), 8.5f

1. #4 Watchem Smokey 12-1: In career best form and doesn't require lead..

2. #1 Magnum 9-5: Chased Buzzard and Lava last pair and is "most likely" but no lock..

A. #6 Cosmonaut 8-1: Biancone-Leparoux dangerous wherever they show up..

B. #7 Preachinatthebar 3-1: Baffert grey becoming useful, successfull veteran..

We haven't looked at Hollywood's Gr. I Gamely and Shoemaker yet!

Good luck..
Steve

lemoncrush
05-29-2006, 11:15 AM
Good stuff Kasept.
Looks like a great day of racing all over the country.

stevepopyak
05-29-2006, 04:10 PM
Nice call (Steve and Oracle) with Silver Train ... nailed him across the board and used everyone underneath in the exacta multiple times ... keep em coming!

oracle80
05-29-2006, 04:15 PM
Nice call (Steve and Oracle) with Silver Train ... nailed him across the board and used everyone underneath in the exacta multiple times ... keep em coming!
Steve, happy to make your internet acquaintance. BY this time next year I expect this to be one of the biggest website stops for people who love racing. The winners will keep coming, and even when we miss, you can be assured that we will give you the full story and information that few people in the country can provide. All the best to you and Happy Memorial Day!!!!

Kasept
05-29-2006, 05:23 PM
Having another day of "on tops" with few exotic hits... This is the one that I'm most happy about... $27.00... Pulls off the T2D AGAIN...

MON 10th: Spend A Buck (L), $65k, 1m

1. #4 Valid Brush 8-1: Small dangerous on quick runback
2. #2 Electrify 5-2: On stakes skien, but looks vulnerable here..
A. #3 Ghostly Apparition 7-2: Pletcher grey will face Two Terms from bell..
B. #7 Extra Bend 8-1: Won last time employing sod to dirt trick..

Kasept
06-01-2006, 10:38 AM
Hey all..

Running to a meeting, but here's the BEL 5th-9th we talked about yesterday!

Talk later this p.m.!!

SB

BELMONT PARK (6/1/06) Races 5-9

5th: Clm, 1m

1. #6 Long Term Success 9-5
2. #4 Cat's a Rockin 6-1
A. #7 Rockhewn 5-1
B. #1/1a Lake entry 2-1

6th: Mdn Clm, NYB-F&M, 6f

1. #3 Lady Jove 5-1
2. #12 Bianca Diva 5-2
A. #6 Gem Road 15-1
B. #5 La Belle Suzine 6-1

7th: OC, NYB-F&M, 7f-T

1. #3 Soul Possession 7-2
2. #10 Miss West 20-1
A. #5 Camp on Wood 6-1
B. #1 Nina Marie 15-1

8th: OC/N2X, NYB-F&M, 6f

1. #4 Little Miss Zip 3-1
2. #8 What's Your Point 4-1
A. #10 Cassette Case 12-1
B. #11 Pro Occident 12-1
C. #5 Zippy Shannon 5-1

9th: Mdn Clm, 1m-T

1. #4 Silver Cliff 6-1
2. #5 Mister Zee 2-1
A. #2 Tuffy Gold 8-1
B. #6 Riverdale 8-1

$5 Grand Slam (5-8)

5: 6
6: 3
7: 3
8: 4-5-8-10-11

1x1x1x5 x $5 = $25

$1 Pick 4

6: 3-12
7: 3-10
8: 4-8-10
9: 4-5

2x2x3x2 = $24

Good luck..
Steve

Kasept
06-01-2006, 02:34 PM
BELMONT PARK (6/1/06) Races 5-9

5th: Clm, 1m

1. #6 Long Term Success 9-5
2. #4 Cat's a Rockin 6-1
A. #7 Rockhewn 5-1
B. #1/1a Lake entry 2-1

Woo-hoo!

Cat ROCKS the board at 8-1... Lake 2nd, Success 3rd...

Kasept
06-02-2006, 11:43 AM
Belmont Park, 6/2/06

FYI: Original selections from last evening's ATRAB with addition of WET (W) designation(s).. SCR included..

5th: Clm, 6.5f

1. #5 Willy o' the Valley 4-5 (W)
2. #2 Hurricane Mia 12-1
A. #4 Stash the Boots 12-1 (W)
B. #10 Noble Adversary 15-1 (W) SCR

6th: Mdn $35k, 7f

1. #3 Out for Fame 3-1 SCR
2. #4 Cosmic Star 2-1
A. #6 Bookway 9-2
B. #1a Big Chief Bubba 15-1 (W)

7th: Alw/N2L, F&M, 7f

1. #6 She's Indy Money 4-1 (W)
2. #3 Klepto Cat 7-2
A. #5 Kelly K's Pleasure 3-1
B. #4 College Girl 6-1 SCR

Note: #1 Chili Cat bred for slop

8th: Opt Clm/N3x, F&M, 1m

1. #6 Notre Dame 2-1 (W)
2. #4 Classy Charm 9-2 (W) SCR
A. #3 Carmandia 5-2 (W)
B. #1a Itsayatesthing 8-1 (W)

9th: MSW, NYB, 6f-T

1. #8 Sigh You 3-1 (W)
2. #4 Fixcall 7-2
A. #10 Tough and Easy 9-2 (W)
B. #2 New York Cowboy 15-1 SCR
C. #6 Sultry City 10-1 (W)

$5 Grand Slam:

5: 5
6: 4-6
7: 6
8: 6

1x2x1x1 = 2 x $5 = $10

Pick Four:

6: 4-6-1a
7: 1-6
8: 6
9:8-10

3x3x1x2 = $18

Good luck..
Steve

Cajungator26
06-02-2006, 01:38 PM
Thanks, Steve.

Kasept
06-02-2006, 07:09 PM
Hope my typo of "7" on Big Chief Bubba didn't screw up people's winning Pick Four play above.. Had a few already let me know they DID have it... $375 on the P4..

The $30.20 on the Grand Slam was OK too with the $10 play ($75.50)...

deltaforce97
06-02-2006, 08:11 PM
Hey Steve, Great job with this forum, and with all your selections. I have a question. Have you ever thought about doing a "Best Bet" like they do on DRF selections? ...then again, I guess you did give out your single on your Pick 4 play..........never mind!!!!!

coolycatt
06-03-2006, 06:55 AM
Thank you for enlightening me to Fernando JARA. I heard you talking about his quality ride on Jazil in his 1st KY Derby and have been keeping an eye on him ever since. I managed to catch him on Cat's a Rockin' and along with the Ex. managed to pick up a C-note before even seeing this forum. I'd like to claim some brilliant handicapping prowess...but the fact is I have a "Rockin" cat and you tipped me off to Jara. Sometimes it IS better to be lucky than smart.
Jara sure appears to be a Up-and-comer...I only wonder why he doesn't seem to get many mounts.
Thanks again for the quality info. here and at A T R +B

Jeff

Kasept
06-03-2006, 07:35 AM
Hey Steve, Great job with this forum, and with all your selections. I have a question. Have you ever thought about doing a "Best Bet" like they do on DRF selections? ...then again, I guess you did give out your single on your Pick 4 play..........never mind!!!!!

Force..

Thanks very much.. I'm not big on "Best Bets" per se because the inclination is to make 3-1's and 4-1's "Best Bets" and what's the charm or value in that?
As an exotics wagerer, I'm more interested in including the 12-1's and 15-1's and hitting the tri's and exactas with them.

There are occasions where I feel REALLY good about a horse, and lately, I've been nailing a ton of "on top" winners. They haven't been big prices, like the 4 of the 5 on top winners I had yesterday at BEL, but putting them "on top" is a bit new for the way I have selected the last 4 years. It's a bit of an evolutionary process for me, because of the role I've been given on "ATRAB"...

SB

Kasept
06-03-2006, 07:43 AM
Jeff..

My pleasure and thanks for joining Derby Trail.. I liked Jara from Day 1, Pablo Morales too.. Jara's agent is Randy Romero, and given his disabled status, it has to be hard for him to really get around to all the trainers and "work" the backstretch for mounts. That may contribute to Jara not getting the best mounts.

He'll keep working his way up the ladder... Kieran McLaughlin thinks VERY highly of him, and that is about is as good an endorsement a jockey is going to get!

SB

Kasept
06-03-2006, 10:20 AM
The Epsom Derby goes offin minutes.. Try and catch it on TVG or your local OTB Network telecast...

Excellent results yesterday at Belmont as long as you paid attention to the NAMES of the horses I selected and not the numbers... I had early pp's to work from that did not have saddlecloth numbers,, and misidentified 21-1 Race 6 winner Big Chief Bubba as the "#7" when he was the 1a, and 8th race top choice Notre Dame as the #7 when he was the #6 because of entries in both races... Hope it didn't blow your plays as we hit the Grand Slam for $30.20 and the Pick Four for $375!! The trend of "on top" winners continued as well Friday with no less than 4 first choice critters getting the job done in the 5 races we doped...

Saturday features some interesting stakes around the country though lousy weather threatens a lot of the East Coast action... Here's a look at the races we discussed last night on "At the Races and Beyond"...

BEL 8th: 12th SANDS POINT, Gr. III, $100,000, F&M-3+, 9f-IT

NOTE: Will be only turf race left on today at Belmont.. Listed as "soft"..

1. #8 Wait a While 5-2: Pletcher grey was 4th in KY Oaks and lays over if it is taken off the turf..

2. #7 Stadore 7-2: Biancone-Leparoux and that's been a deadly combo anywhere they show up..

A. #5 Perilous Pursuit 5-1: Sal Russo's LDK bay has won 2X on "good" footing..

B. #3 Zaynab 4-1: Clement lures Edgar and interesting bay may be an emergent player in turf filly division..

DEL 8th: ROONEY MEMORIAL, $100,000, F&M-3+, 9f-T

1. #9 Film Maker 8-5: Hard to go against wonderful Motion mare at this level..

2. #10 Marchonin 6-1: Matz trainee was wide-near miss 6th in CD's Distaff Turf Derby Day..

A. #1 Humoristic 12-1: Attractive tote on Ham Smith bay mare that got headed in Gallorette Preakness Day..

B. #5 Joyfull Chaos 12-1: Another value, this time helmed by Rose for Clement..

OFF THE TURF: 1-2-7-6

WO 6th: 51st NASSAU, Gr. II, $300,000, F&M-3+, 8.5f-T

1. #7 Naissance Royale 9-5: Clement takes Kent D. and shouldn't be beaten..

2. #6 Invitational 6-1: Day-Phillips sharp off layoff and 4yo bay offers value..

3. #3 Hallowed Dream 3-1: Ben Cecil's Tarrow Brae (Gr. III) winner rarely off board..

CD 8th: 3rd OPENING VERSE (L), $100,000, 3+, 8.5f-T

1. #2 Free Thinking 8-1: Borel on fire and lack of pace suits..

2. #6 Senor Swinger 5-2: Trying for 3rd straight win in this event..

A. #7 Rush Bay 3-1: 3rd off break and always tough on this sod..

B. #1 Purim 2-1: Razorback winner likely choive but beatable here..

CD 9th: 32nd DOGWOOD BC, Gr. III, $150,000, Fillies, 3yo, 1m

1. #7 Joint Effort 5-2: Romans' La Troienne winner should waltz..

2. #5 Humorous Gal 12-1: Love price on Distorted Humor from Wilkes, 2nd time Borel..

A. #6 Victorina 4-1: Gilchrist brings nice listed winner from one of our favorite new sires..

B. #2 Ready to Please 3-1: Bejarano adds to appeal of slightly lucky Fantasy winner..

CD 10th: 18th ARISTIDES BCH, Gr. III, $150,000, 6f

1. #5 Lost in the Fog 1-1: Don't think he's as vulnerable here as many making out..

2. #3 Exciting Metro 6-1: Romans' Carson City 5yo in EX 8 of 11 Churchill tries..

A. #2 Cougar Cat 15-1: Werner brings Albarado back on super well-bred 4yo..

B. #7 Kelly's Nelson 4-1: Kenneally gelding was shocked by 'Metro' Derby Week..

HOL 3rd: 55th MILADY BCH, Gr. II, $175,000, F&M-3+, 8.5f

1. #2 Star Parade

2. #1 Proposed

Kasept
06-06-2006, 07:44 AM
Back to NY at 11:15 this morning.. Then to Belmont Wednesday! Hope everyone is enjoying the "new" Trail...

Talk later! Enjoy the day..
Steve

SELECTIONS -- Delaware Park (6/6/06) R5-8 (P4)

R5: Alw/N2x, 5.5f, F&M-3+

1. #5 Honoring Carolyn 2-1: Imposing..
A. #4 With a Passion 8-1
B. #1 Ten Halos 6-1

R6: MSW, 3&4yo, 8.5f-T

1. #3 Mantle 6-1: Exits wide trip debut third..
A. #5 Lemon Shore 9-2
B. #6 Exton 7-2
C. #7 Pound for Pound 8-1

R7: OC/N3x, F&M-3+, 8.5f

1. #3 Victory Pool 2-1: Perkins.. Ramon.. New Farm..
A. #6 Katie's Love 8-1
B. #7 Mrs. Doyle 4-1
C. #1 Deed to the Gate 3-1

R8: The St. Georges, $50k, 3yo Fillies, 8.5f-T

1. #2 Ebony Rose 2-1: Exits similar fray on yielding loam..
2. #7 Zaynab 5-1: Was intended for G3 Sands Point..
A. #6 Christmas Stocking 8-1
B. #12 Art Show 6-1
C. #9 Tazaliya 20-1

$4 Pick Four Play

A. 5
B. 3
C. 2
D. 2-6-7-9-12

1x1x1x5 = 5 x $4 = $20

Good luck.. Belmont the rest of the week!
Steve

swedejxn
06-06-2006, 11:09 AM
Mrs. Doyle #7 scares me in the 7th... May try her with your top pick...
She's paid off for me before... May pare down the 8th to a three-some to save a few bucks...

Good luck at the windows and thanks, Steve, for what looks to be a very playable ticket...

Kasept
06-07-2006, 04:34 AM
Willie/et al..

The day fell apart because of the OFF THE TURF call, destroying races 6 and 8, but the 5th made it OK with the tri box bring back $200 for $2!! The straight exacta in the 7th brought back $30 something as well..

SELECTIONS -- Delaware Park (6/6/06)

R5: Alw/N2x, 5.5f, F&M-3+

1. #5 Honoring Carolyn 2-1: 3rd
A. #4 With a Passion 8-1: WON
B. #1 Ten Halos 6-1: 2nd

Trifecta box: $200 ($2)
Exacta box: $80-something

R6: MSW, 3&4yo, 8.5f-T

1. #3 Mantle 6-1: SCR
A. #5 Lemon Shore 9-2: SCR
B. #6 Exton 7-2: SCR
C. #7 Pound for Pound 8-1: 3rd

R7: OC/N3x, F&M-3+, 8.5f

1. #3 Victory Pool 2-1: WON
A. #6 Katie's Love 8-1: 2nd
B. #7 Mrs. Doyle 4-1:
C. #1 Deed to the Gate 3-1:

Exacta: $30 ($2)
R8: The St. Georges, $50k, 3yo Fillies, 8.5f-T

1. #2 Ebony Rose 2-1: SCR
2. #7 Zaynab 5-1: SCR
A. #6 Christmas Stocking 8-1: SCR
B. #12 Art Show 6-1: 3rd
C. #9 Tazaliya 20-1: 5th

Kasept
06-07-2006, 05:10 AM
Quality day in the two races that could be played yesterday after Delaware Park took the grass events off.. $100 tri box in the 5th, $45 exacta box..

We'll spend the rest of the week at Belmont leading up to Saturday's stakes card at America's Ascot..

NOTE: SCRATCHES AGAIN AN ISSUE WITH TURF OFF... PLAYS BASICALLY DEAD...

SELECTIONS--Belmont Park, 6/7/06 (R5-9, Grand Slam, P4, etc..)

R5: Alw/N2x, F&M-3+, 6f-T

1. #7 Quickfire.. SCR
2. #8 Fighting Speedy 15-1: Gyarmati looks for 1st BEL score..
A. #1 Factual Contender SCR
B. #3 New Dimension 3-1

R6: Clm, 3yo, 1m-T

1. #2 Henry JC 6-1: Faced stakes company in ALW last..
2. #4 Quhada 4-1: Contessa gelding always fires..
A. #7 Armament 5-2
B. #8 Jerry Jillette 15-1

R7: Clm/N2L, 4+, 1m

1. #1 Sound Judgement 9-2: Solid Martin runner drops..
2. #2 Fortunate Storm 3-1: Violette gelding faces pace pressure..
A. #9 Belknap County 6-1
B. #4 Afternoon Que 5-2

R8: OC/N2x, NYB F&M-3+, 1m

1. #5 Ice Cool Kitty 9-5 SCR
A. #7 Cassette Case 10-1: Hangs with top one?
B. #4 Page Nicole 7-2
C. #1a (poe) Angel Dancer 6-1

R9: MSW, NYB 3+, 6f-T

1. #10 Lookmeintheeye 15-1 SCR
2. #2 Kiss the Dice 12-1: Your basic $500 exacta?
A. #4 Nine Positives 6-1 SCR
B. #9 Sly Diamond Jim 8-5

Kasept
06-07-2006, 11:08 AM
Didn't cap for OTT or mud, so I'd lay low today.. Very disappointing as I thought this was a VERY good day to play the late 5 at BEL...

Have to check mud numbers on HENRY JC in the 6th as I thought he was the banker today at 6-1.. Lookmeintheeye was a GREAT 15-1 shot in the nightcap too... This weather is b.s.

SB

Suffolk Shippers
06-07-2006, 12:58 PM
Didn't cap for OTT or mud, so I'd lay low today.. Very disappointing as I thought this was a VERY good day to play the late 5 at BEL...

Have to check mud numbers on HENRY JC in the 6th as I thought he was the banker today at 6-1.. Lookmeintheeye was a GREAT 15-1 shot in the nightcap too... This weather is b.s.

SB

Get it out of the way before the greatest six weeks of the year, thats all I have to say...other than I cant travel in my Altima I need a friggen arc.

Kasept
06-07-2006, 03:21 PM

Have to check mud numbers on HENRY JC in the 6th as I thought he was the banker today at 6-1.. This weather is b.s.

Well.. the rain isn't affecting my selections I guess.. Three straight on top in the 5th, 6th and 7th including Henry JC who WAS the goods.. Gyarmati critter, tops after the scratch, paid $21.

Now I'm pissed off that I didn't give out a re-vamped Grand Slam and P4...

Had as strong a feel for Henry JC today as any horse in recent memory.. He jumped off the page as the winner.

hoovesupsideyourhead
06-07-2006, 03:34 PM
Well.. the rain isn't affecting my selections I guess.. Three straight on top in the 5th, 6th and 7th including Henry JC who WAS the goods.. Gyarmati critter, tops after the scratch, paid $21.

Had as strong a feel for Henry JC today as any horse in recent memory.. He jumped off the page as the winner.
thanks steve jumped on that one....:cool:

Togacapper
06-07-2006, 03:47 PM

Someones on fire and the rain isn't putting it out.

bahughes
06-07-2006, 04:18 PM
$2=$24,000 pick 6 NICE HIT :)

ninetoone
06-07-2006, 04:58 PM
Wow. Nicely done. Hope to see your Belmont Day picks out Friday Night/Saturday morning!!

PSH
06-07-2006, 05:21 PM
Nice call on the 6th and the 9th.
Missed the 6th but did cash on the 9th exacta...:)

Just hope that the weather didn't scare you away from playing

PSH

oracle80
06-07-2006, 05:25 PM
Note to self!! When Steve says go light, go heavy!!! Great job!!! Now go and erase the go light post!!!

tap
06-07-2006, 10:27 PM
It's getting way too hot around here. Don't know if I can stand the heat. Nice going.

Kasept
06-08-2006, 04:23 AM
Pretty outrageous results Wednesday as almost everything came through despite the extensive scratches and off the turf changes... Three straight on-top winners brought back a P3 for $421. Hope you did well...

Thursday's card "feels" tougher than Wednesday's...

SELECTIONS -- BEL (R5-9)

R5: Mdn Clm, 3+, 6f-T

1. #1e DeMasi entry (Kenado/Topcloud) 5-2
2. #8 Timber Time 8-1
A. #6 Stratonic 12-1
B. #5 Tactically Fein 6-1

R6: OC/N2x, F&M-3+, 6f

Brutally hard call with three fast gals back after long layoffs and the rest in form and solid...

1. #7 Little Money Down 3-1
2. #8 Yolanda B. Too 5-2
A. #6 Ms. Speak Freely 15-1
B. #2 Star Celebrity 12-1

R7: Alw/N1x, F&M-3+, 9f-T

1. #3 River Street 5-1
2. #12 Santiaga 6-1
A. #1 (poe) Dream to Dress 3-1
B. #1 Jinni 9-2

R8: The Ormsby, NYB-3+, 1m

1. #10 Gold and Roses 3-1
2. #6 Mike's Greenfields 10-1
A. #7 Rogue Agent 8-1
B. #4 Lord Langfuhr 5-1

R9: OC/N2x, NYB-3+, 7f-T

1. #4 Mikethemoondog 5-1
2. #7 Red Down South 6-1
A. #10 Jimmy the K 10-1
B. #5 No Allegiance 20-1

Good luck..
Steve

zippyneedsawin
06-08-2006, 10:23 AM
Kasept, Hopefully this card stays intact... we'll see weather-wise.. My 2 biggest plays of the day are River Street and Gold and Roses (a lock IMO).. Glad to see you're thinking the same way. Good Luck!!! :)

zippyneedsawin
06-08-2006, 10:26 AM
Yep, massive scratches:

Weather:RAIN 64
Track Condition: MUDDY
Turf Condition: NONE
Turf Races:
Carryover: None - takeout 15%
NOTES:

Scratches
Race Horse Number Horse Name
1 1a POE Angel Dancer
1 2 Miss Baba
1 3 Aly's Colors
1 5 Contenders Emotion
1 6 Red Snoony
2 1a POE Muberra
2 2 POE Patti Tiff
2 3 Dove Wing
2 9 No Crying
4 4 Undeniably Silver
4 7 Philomela
5 1a POE Topcloud
5 3 Dance to Victory
5 5 Tactically Fein
5 10 Bold Love
5 11 Mister Zee
6 1 Faster Tapper
6 3 New Hope Seven
6 4 Birthday Song
7 1 POE Dream to Dress
7 2 Jinni
7 4 Lady Raj
7 8 Kin to the Wind
7 9 Beautiful Daniele
7 10 Hermance (GB)
7 11 Karla's Number
7 13 Spartan Valor
7 14 Ohbeegeewhyen
8 1a POE Meniscus
8 3 Chowder's First
8 5 Galloping Grocer
8 6 Mike's Greenfields
9 1 Theconfidenceman
9 2 Drinkwater
9 3 Bethpage Black
9 8 Be My Prince
9 10 Jimmy the K
9 12 Macklenin

Exceller
06-08-2006, 04:45 PM
I hope you had that No Allegiance. Eurobounce picked him in our contest.

Kasept
06-09-2006, 10:43 AM
Weather still iffy in NY with a front stalled and more rain still possible.. Any rain today will force cancelation of turf races except for the Gr. III Hill Prince.

Carryover of $30k coming in today, and another sextet whiff by punters would create a VERY interesting scenario for Saturday's Stakes Day action!

Scratches now incorporated.. OFF TURF EX. FEATURED 10th..

SELECTIONS -- BEL 6/9/06 (R5-10)

R5: MSW, 3+, 9f-T (OFF THE TURF)

1. #1 Northern Blue 5-1
2. #7 Chosen Aptitude 9-2
3. #10 Academy Royale 6-1

6th: Clm, F&M-3+, 1m

1. #3 Game Card 5-2
2. #4 Sunshine Johanne 10-1
A. #6 Naveah 6-1
B. #2 Lunar Rendevous 3-1

7th: OC/N1x, 8.5f

1. #2 Zinzan 5-1
2. #8 Another Look 15-1
A. #7 Regent Spirit 7-2
B. #6 Monsoon Rain 8-5

8th: Alw/N1x, 8.5f-T, NYB (OFF THE TURF)

1. #12 Benlayla 2-1
2. #6 Questioning 8-1
A. #10 Just Jack n' Water 15-1
B. #1a New Testament 8-1

9th: The Queen of Song, $65k, 6f, F&M-3+

1. #7 Khalila 3-1
2. #3 Swap Fliparoo 12-1
A. #9 Capote's Crown 10-1
B. #2 Wild Gams 7-2

10th: The Hill Prince (Gr. III), $100,000, 1m-T

1. #4 Spider Power 10-1
2. #7 Outperformance 15-1
A. #2 Black Snake 6-1
B. #8 Noble Deeds 8-1

<$100 Pick Six:

5: 1-7-10 (OTT)
6: 3-4
7: 2-8
8: 12 (OTT)
9: 7
10: 2-4-7

3x2x2x1x1x3 = 36 x $2 = $72

$1 Pick 4:

7: 1-2-7-8
8: 6-12
9: 2-7
10: 2-4-7

4x2x2x3 = $48

Good luck
Steve

Kasept
06-09-2006, 10:46 AM
Scratches

1 2 Margarita Rita
1 6 Bunnabunnabunna

2 1 Torpedo Stock
2 3 Swirling Solomon (IRE)
2 4 Lemon Shore

3 2 Solewisher
3 3 Builders Option
3 6 Operation Red Dawn
3 7 Above Spirit

4 3 Commissioner Chris
4 4 Out of Rock
4 8 Tough to Follow

5 1a POE Classic Impact
5 2 Makweti
5 5 Ty's Ridge
5 6 Shining Bull
5 9 Speaking Out
5 11 Batboy
5 12 Soldier of Rome
5 13 Badger Won
5 14 Bachelornumberone
5 15 Conrad Crossing

7 1a POE Organizer
7 3 Forest Phantom
7 5 That's a Given

8 1 POE A Wild Minute
8 2 Haze My Man
8 3 One Good Man
8 5 Banrock
8 7 Moon Ala Mode
8 11 Decourcey

9 1 Sensation
9 4 Grand Ridge
9 5 Stolen Prayer
9 6 India
9 8 Coli Bear
9 10 Silvestris

10 1a POE Platinum Couple
10 5 Tahoe Warrior
10 12 Preah Kahn

Scav
06-09-2006, 10:51 AM
Jesus, if that were Arlington they would have to cancel the day

oracle80
06-09-2006, 10:54 AM
Geez, is that all?

ironprospect
06-09-2006, 11:33 AM
5th 4 boysik

6th 3 sunshine johanne
4 game card

7th 2 zinzan
6 monsoon rain
7 regent spirit
8 another look

8th 12 benlaya

9th 2 wild gams
7 khalila

10th 2 spider power

pick6 4 -- 3 4 -- 2 6 7 8 -- 12 - 2 7 - 2 $32

pick4 2 6 7 8 -- 12 -- 2 7 -- 2 $8

grand slam 3 4 -- 2 6 7 8 -- 12 -- 2 7 $16

Kasept
06-09-2006, 09:02 PM
The 138th running of the Belmont Stakes may lack some star power this year, but a solid undercard featuring five more graded stakesand a spirited wagering menu should make for an enjoyable afternoon at America's Ascot...

R1: EX, TRI, DD
R2: EX, QUI, TRI, P3 (2-3-4), P4 (2-3-4-5)
R3: EX, TRI, P3 (3-4-5)
R4: EX, QUI, TRI, P3 (4-5-6)
R5: EX, TRI, P3 (5-6-7)
R6: EX, TRI, P3 (6-7-8), P6 (6-11)
R7: EX, TRI, P3 (7-8-9), Grand Slam (7-8-9-10)
R8: EX, TRI, P4 (8-9-10-11)
R9: EX, TRI, Super, P3 (9-10-11), DD
R10: EX, TRI, Super, P4 (10-13), DD
R11: EX, TRI, Super, P3 (11-12-13), DD
R12: EX, TRI, DD
R13: EX, TRI, Super

Note that the track should be fast the majority of the day and the turf likely good at best, yielding at worst..

SELECTIONS--Belmont Park, 6/10/06

R1: Clm, 8.5f, 4+

1. #1 Neon Magic 5-2: Lake bay 4/2-1-1 BEL; just missed last
2. #7 Dual Jewels 6-1: Contessa on roll; Velasquez took photo with this one
A. #5 Light Night 8-1
B. #8 Sir Tyler T 7-2

R2: MSW, 6.5f, 3+

1. #1 Spring at Last 5-1: Well meant Pletcvher firster
2. #6 Fly Now 7-2: Zito's Toga trainees running well
A. #7 Calculated Risk 3-1: Phipps homebred working well for return
B. #2 Sandy's Blitz 30-1: Serpe Forestry faced toughies; gets Leparoux

R3: OC/N2x, 7f, 3+

1. #6 Freedom Isn't Free 7-2: Just missed this level in '06 debut
2. #3 Satsoof 5-2: Godolphin bay solid in NA debut
A. #7 Lieutenant Danz 12-1: Toss previous and Contessa adds Bejarano
B. #5 Aristocrat 4-1: Frankel-Stronach bay overcame KEE bias last

R4: Alw/N1x, 7f, NYB-3+

1. #9 He's a Lumberjack 9-5: Faced open stakes company credibly
2. #8 Precise Action 2-1: Violette hot and red always fires
A. #3 Long Lost Pal 8-1
B. #1a Unconcerned 10-1

R5: OC/N1x, 6f, 3+

1. #2 Cool Springs Saint 4-1: Away since Nov., but tough if ready
2. #9 Lively Yourself Up 12-1: Gelding regularly earns smaller checks
A. #1 Saratoga Jet 8-1: Dutrow state-bred on 4 race tear; tries open
B. #3 Afrashad 5-2: Smoke Glacken red gone 23 months; gets Lasix

R6: 28th True North H. (Gr. II), $200k, 6f, 3+

1. #5 Spanish Chestnut 4-1: Square number on solid comeback player
2. #1e Tiger/Voodoo: 6-5: Jerkens doublely eligible with these
3. #4 Celtic Innis 12-1 Scored with this Ritvo gelding Preakness Day

R7: 13th Just a Game (Gr. II), $300k, 1m-T, F&M-3+

1. #2 Gorella 6-5: Imposing chestnut faces males gamely; should cruise
2. #5 Mirabilis 5-1: Derby Day Gr. III winner gets GoGo; stalks
3. #4 Bright Abundance 15-1: Adding exotic value with Clement Gr. III winner

R8: 1st Woody Stephens (or 22nd Riva Ridge) Gr. II, $250k, 7f, 3 yo's

1. #9 Songster 3-1: Right back after monster Hirsch Jacobs
2. #2 Likely 6-1: Biancone listed winner gets plus pace scenario
A. #4 Fabulous Strike 12-1: Sharp gelding from savvy Philly helmsman
B. ##6 Doc Cheney 12-1: Red was cut out to be nice; Chased Bernardini

R9: 76th Acorn, Gr. I, $250,000, Fillies-3 yo, 1m

1. #8 Hello Liberty 6-1: Clever Jones prepped with Gr. II Nassau win
2. #9 Ermine 4-1: Wiseguy KY Oaks runner-up found world of trouble
A. #2 Adieu 2-1: No shame finishing between Joint Effort/Smart n Pretty last
B. #7 Teammate 6-1: Jerkens' Bonnie Miss winner missed earlier target race

R10: 105th Manhattan, Gr. I, $400,000, 3+, 10f-IT

1. #4 Cacique 3-1: .5 length behind 'Channel' in Turf Classic
2. #8 English Channel 5-2: Tough to seperate these 2 classy grassys
A. #3 Sabre d'Argent 20-1: Over head, but Albertrani must think he's ready
B. #2 Relaxed Gesture 5-1: Desert flop aside, a consistent performer

R11: 138th Belmont Stakes, Gr. I, $1,000,000, 12f, 3 yo

1. #7 DEPUTY GLITTERS 15-1: Unique opportunity for heartbroken rider of Barbero Prado and under-lauded Bernardini trainer Albertrani to combine on pair of Classic Double wins. Had better-than-it looked try in Derby and adds winner of 2 "test of the Champion". Owns speed AND tactical option while being one of the few proven commodities available at a price.

2. #11 STEPPENWOLFER 9-2: Show of morning speed an eye-opener last week, and Dan Pietz' Aptitude grey certain to be striding when most others are begging for the line. Has been expertly handled all spring. Horse most likely to hit board.

3. #2 SUNRIVER 4-1: Given circumstances of M/M Jones' homebred being denied Derby saddlecloth, have to believe Pletcher has this Peter Pan winner ready to explode in this spot. Simple as that..

4. #8 JAZIL 10-1: McLaughlin thrilled with progress of pocket rocket that quashed the naysayers in Derby DH 4th, and no reason to think Seeking the Gold bay doesn't at least finish as well at 12f as he did 10. As sweet a colt as you'll ever meet, and another that can jazz the gimmicks.

R12: MSW, 9f-IT, 3+

1. #3 Mantle 7-2: $400k Grand Slam from Pletcher just missed last
2. #6 Ace on the River 12-1: Toner's TGulch bay looks like he's catching on
A. #5 Carson's Band 5-1: Possible lone speed under good Mig
B. #7 Tiz Stormin 15-1: Hough tough 2nd career effort (23% W, 59 % ITM)

R13: MSW, 6f, NYB-3+

1. #6 First Expression 8-1: Take shot that Leparoux makes the difference
2. #9 Crafty Drive 3-1: Tries 2nd career for NYRA exec Duncker, Hauswald
A. #3 Peconic Bay 6-1:
B. #2 Midtown South 7-2:

Best of luck to all..

Enjoy Belmont Day!

Steve Byk

sumitas
06-09-2006, 09:23 PM
i was real impressed with new testament. early move but he held up well in the stretch.
http://www.racereplays.com/nybreds/index.cfm?racename=friday3

sumitas
06-09-2006, 09:37 PM
i'll go with what i consider the 3 best pedigrees for this race, sunriver, jazil, and steppenwolfer...i'll box the 3 for the ex and tri.

we'll leave the forms for another day.

Kasept
06-09-2006, 11:35 PM
A really professional job Steve. I'm glad I have found ya. Enjoy you and Oracle a lot.
You are destined to mke it big all your racing ventures.

Track bothers me, but Cacique is sitting on a big one. Pass on Mirabilis.
My first selections on here. I hope I don't wind up hiding under the bed later.

:D

D/P,

A generous compliment and the sentiment is greatly appreciated.. Am equally glad you've 'signed' on to DT..

Good luck tomorrow..
SB

Togacapper
06-10-2006, 02:56 AM
Steve, Wish you good luck tomorrow. I seem to agree with most accept, I really Like Steppen alot tomorrow. Taking a big shot on him. I wouldn't listen to anyone else except you or Andy S. Keep up the great work. Oh and we had another fun night last night Down Under "IAA" .

hoovesupsideyourhead
06-10-2006, 09:09 AM
way to go stevo..very nice .....sacred light gets in the top 3 in mine and the 11/1 in race 12...pulpiteer is ready to back up his breedeing..i hope..

dellinger63
06-10-2006, 09:24 AM
Thanks Steve and we're pretty much looking at the same horses.
Good Luck All

Hooves give me a call your cell is blocking

My pic 4 starting out of the 8th and it's cheap is 9/2389/248/27

sumitas
06-10-2006, 10:45 AM
Deputy Glitters has to be a fan favorite in that he runs beyond his pedigree. i love his true grit and he can win because he's a thoroughbred in the finest sense of the word. i'll support him today, he's earned it.

chromer
06-10-2006, 01:47 PM
A really professional job Steve. I'm glad I have found ya. Enjoy you and Oracle a lot.

Dix-

I think Cacique hangs. Hoss is plutonium for me when it comes to win bets. One of us will be under the bed after the race.

chromer
06-10-2006, 05:01 PM
A lot of cat hair under here. I really should try to vacume.

Scav
06-10-2006, 05:06 PM
Thanks Steve and we're pretty much looking at the same horses.
Good Luck All

Hooves give me a call your cell is blocking

My pic 4 starting out of the 8th and it's cheap is 9/2389/248/27

Good luck Dell, geter done

SCUDSBROTHER
06-10-2006, 06:36 PM
Steve,you are lucky you got to spend time with the Belmont winner.They said he was "SLOW." They said all he won was his maiden.They said his late close in the Wood was a crap suck up parasite job. Little guy sent them all to bed tonight. Guess he was a little better than they all thought.Gee,he's so painfully "SLOW" that he got 4th in the Derby,and just took down the Belmont.

Bold Brooklynite
06-10-2006, 06:49 PM
As usual ... Dixie takes it to the bank.

Hey folks ... those of you who are unfamiliar with the fabulous Mr. Dixie ... here's my word of advice --- Get familiar ... fast!

foggyfan
06-10-2006, 07:23 PM

Wow, Cacique won, too! That's amazing!

foggyfan
06-10-2006, 07:25 PM
I liked Jazil, but have never made a bet in my life!!!!! Maybe I can learn though.

Do you pronounce his name Jaz*i*l or Jaz*ee*l, though? I'm confused!

Kasept
06-11-2006, 08:11 AM
I liked Jazil, but have never made a bet in my life!!!!! Maybe I can learn though.

Do you pronounce his name Jaz*i*l or Jaz*ee*l, though? I'm confused!

The Shadwell folks say it's "Jaz-Zul"..

Kasept
06-11-2006, 08:18 AM
Steve,you are lucky you got to spend time with the Belmont winner.They said he was "SLOW." They said all he won was his maiden.They said his late close in the Wood was a crap suck up parasite job. Little guy sent them all to bed tonight. Guess he was a little better than they all thought.Gee,he's so painfully "SLOW" that he got 4th in the Derby,and just took down the Belmont.

Scuds,

Ended a long day at Kieran's barn with a very happy crew, Rick Nichols of Shadwell and his wife, Steve Haskin and the winner...

Jazil came out as if he hadn't run.. He remains a delight to be around though he has matured considerably since Louisville even, and is more aggressive than he used to be.

Nichols said Sh. Hamdam will race Jazil as long as he remains healthy, and certainly through next year. "That's what we do.. We race them", he told me last night.

Couldn't be happier for Kieran, as great a guy as there is in the game, and of course Fernando Jara, who yesterday outshone MANY more experienced riders who have botched this unique race over the years. A life-changing 2:30minutes for Jara...

oracle80
06-11-2006, 08:19 AM
Jara's ride was stellar, good for him!!!
Steve did you get the message I just left on your cell?

paisjpq
06-11-2006, 11:40 AM
you know I tend to bet these races on sentiment--that's why I usually lose--BUT I was all over Jazil yesterday (knew his mother when she was a yearling) and sentiment paid well!

sumitas
06-11-2006, 04:01 PM
i'll go with what i consider the 3 best pedigrees for this race, sunriver, jazil, and steppenwolfer...i'll box the 3 for the ex and tri.

we'll leave the forms for another day.

well, if i had gone to the best 4 pedigrees bluegrass cat would have been the 4th and there you have the superfecta...does anyone not second guess themselves after a race ?

timmgirvan
06-12-2006, 04:01 PM
well, if i had gone to the best 4 pedigrees bluegrass cat would have been the 4th and there you have the superfecta...does anyone not second guess themselves after a race ?
This time I used the flava of the day= Oh So Awesome instead of Jazil and it hurt BIGTME in terms of cash and contest!! DOH!!

Kasept
06-13-2006, 08:03 AM
The Belmont card was a mixed bag at best Saturday, as two horses in particular destroyed any chance we all had at making money...

Our Pick Four play featured Gorella (Just a Game). Songster (Stephens), Hello Liberty (Acorn) and Jazil (Belmont), and Bushfire's gutty performance against Liberty dashed the $900+ return.

In the Belmont itself, my obstinance regarding Bluegrass Cat AGAIN cost the trifecta. Running 1-3-4 with my Derby and Belmont tri boxes was a tad frustrating.

Hope you did well... More on the Belmont later today on Derby Trail and on "At the Races and Beyond" this evening when Steve Haskin offers his Triple Crown retrospective and Andy Serling delivers his insights on the big weekend at Big Sandy...

SELECTIONS -- Delaware Park (6/13/06) Races 5-9 (P4, P3's)

A really good set of races at Delaware Park today including the 7th which may as well be a Gr. III sprint with 4 of 7 being black type earners..

5th: MSW, 1m, F&M-3+

1. #3 Strong Vows 2-1: Sharp Jones barn goes Pino to Dominguez 3RD
2. #4 Golden Opportunity 3-1: Klesaris firster working well WON
3. #5 Coupled 4-1: Point Given gal tows bullets to debut 2ND

Ex: $13.30
Tri: $31.80

6th: Alw/N1x, 3+, 9f-T

1. #4 Fin Addict 8-1: Gelding close regularly; 3rd off break 5TH?
2. #6 Enroute 7-2: Ramon nice addition to 3/1-1-1 grey WON
A. #5 Agent Danseur 10-1: 2 for 23 but ITM 10 more times 2ND
B. #7 I'm a Fax 10-1: Constant visitor to exotics bottom 6th?

Ex: $13.20

7th: OC/N$Y, 3+, 6f

1. #1 The Student 6-1: Slick Lake sprinter doesn't need lead WON
2. #5 Forest Park 4-1: Another that could press, stalk 3RD
A. #6 Crafty Schemer 2-1: Didn't respond to Ramon in last 2ND
B. #3 Saay Mi Name 8-1: Check-casher owns plenty of back class

Ex: $6.50
Tri: $13.00

8th: OC/N4x, F&M-3+, 9f-T

1. #2 Go Robin 4-1: One of 2 from Hennig; Day's top play WON
2. #7 Missmaybe 20-1: Draw line through slop flop ?
A. #8 Frost Princess 6-1: Takes logical next step 4TH?
B. #4 Patriots Image 12-1: High % Alfano's mare an exotics must 3RD

(Include favorite #5 Bend a Little in multi-race wagers)

9th: Clm, 3 yo, 8.5f

1. #3 Harbor Worker 10-1: Stevedore gets pace set up 5TH
2. #2 Stormy Fellow 6-1: Allen took grey gelding; raises tag 3RD
A. #5 Padua's Gift 7-2: Claim box star 2-2 DEL, tough at trip WON
B. #4 Behind Enemy Lines 6-1: 3rd off break; ITM 13-18 distance 2ND

Ex: $14.80
Tri: $88.40

$1 Pick Four:

5: 3
6: 4-6
7: 1-3-5-6
8: 2-5-7

1x2x4x3 = $24

Late $2 Pick Three: PAID $63

7: 1-5-6
8: 2
9: 2-3-4-5

3x1x4 x $2 = $24

Day's wagers: $204
Day's return: $244

A good day though the prices didn't really get in where we wanted them to... Hitting the P4 would have made the difference with a $160+ return... Needed to have gone three deep in the first leg to get it which would have pushed the wagers to $276 and the return to $410..

Good luck..
Steve

stevepopyak
06-13-2006, 04:47 PM
nice pick in the 8th with Go Robin

sp

zippyneedsawin
06-13-2006, 07:09 PM
I hit that Pick-4! I did go 3- deep in the first leg and only used The Student and Crafty Schemer in the 7th. --I really like The Student today(man, her just got up!!).

Nice picks Steve!

Kasept
06-13-2006, 08:58 PM
I hit that Pick-4! I did go 3- deep in the first leg and only used The Student and Crafty Schemer in the 7th. --I really like The Student today(man, her just got up!!).

Nice picks Steve!

Zip,

Good job.. I thought the firsters would be "there", but was surprised they were "so there"... Had I suggested a different single, it would have been Go Robin who i absolutely LOVED today... But I wanted to cover with the prices there. Today could have been monsterous, but the faves came to run...

zippyneedsawin
06-13-2006, 09:17 PM
Zip,

Good job.. I thought the firsters would be "there", but was surprised they were "so there"... Had I suggested a different single, it would have been Go Robin who i absolutely LOVED today... But I wanted to cover with the prices there. Today could have been monsterous, but the faves came to run...

Yeah, both firsters showed good works.. in that field they made sense to use. I used Go Robin and Bend a Little in the last. I went fairly deep in the 2nd leg (including having the 3 who scratched--so I was "ok" with having the favorite win)

Kasept
06-14-2006, 06:11 AM
It was a pretty strong effort at Delaware Park Tuesday, with 2 on top winners, 2 second choice winners and third tab winner in the 5 races we capped… Those keyed 4 exactas, 3 trifectas and the late Pick 3, and if you added the 2nd selection in the opener of the Pick 4 to my single, you caught the Pick Four as well. The prices weren’t especially juicy, but we’ll take that kind of day happily. Results are below… Hope you did well.

Wednesday’s carryover is $45,000 at Belmont, but it’s a murderous sextet of heats and I don’t know if I’d suggest playing it. The first, second and sixth legs are Maiden Claiming affairs, two state bred, and there are few “standouts”. I’d tread lightly on the day overall…

SELECTIONS – Belmont Park (6/14/06) Races 4-9 (P6, P4, Grand Slam, P3’s)

R4: NYB Mdn Clm, 3+, 1m

1. #8 Sense of Speed 5-1: Morrison returns A.P. Jet gelding who looks steady getting ready
A. #1 Smoke Diamond 8-1: DeMasi grey takes proverbial “biggest drop in racing”
B. #6 Bronxdale 4-1: Gullo adds Gomez to bay that is ITM 4 of 8 tries
C. #3 Judge John B. 8-1: gelding by sire we love a karma include; blinks off, goes turf to dirt and cuts back

R5: Mdn Clm, 3+, 1m-T

1. #7 Tactically Fein 15-1: Will keep trying with Campo red who lures Luzzi after decent grass debut last
2. #9 Good Looking Out 12-1: Cedano gelding hit board first time in career in lawn bow fortnight back
A. #10 Bold Love 5-1: My man Sciacca sends 5yo chestnut again, and should find this field to his liking
B. #4 Gift of Valor 6-1: Hard to ignore anything from Contessa right now, and Calumet bred has back figs
C. #2 Lotsa Smarts 12-1: Manning gelding’s number jumped first time on lawn last time in Tampa

R6: Clm, 4+, 9f-IT

1. #4 A Nice Splash 15-1: Commonly bred Ontario native 10/6-2-0 last 12 months; Bonus tab
2. #1 Privy Seal 3-1: Prado returns on stretchout with Dutrow import on the drop
A. #5 Forget the Judge 8-1: Saw this 7yo by Judge TC win at GP; Hasn’t missed a check in forever
B. #7 Gigli 5-2: Frankel brings horse from Ipanema back after year plus; Was Gr. I placed “back when”

R7: OC/N3X ($100k), 4+, 8.5f-T

1. #7 Golden Commander 6-1: Serpe 6yo a classy customer; just missed Dave in Kingston last out off break
2. #1 Ashkal Way 5-2: Godolphin gelding made NA debut a winner and looks headed for stakes company
A. #2 Dave 4-1: Tagg terror returned to circle after series of misses last but doesn’t get ideal scenario today
B. #9 L’Oiseau d’Argent 12-1: Can’t pass plump price on regular board visitor from sky high KMac shed

R8: OC/N3X ($75k), 4+, 6.5f

1. #1a Royal Moment 4-1: Asmussen side of entry keeps good company (Spooky, Introspect, Cheetah, etc.)
2. #3 Dashboard Drummer 8-1: Attractive number on good gelding; In super every start since May ‘05
A. #4 Tenthirteen 10-1: More tote goodness available on Ribaudo gelding 7/1-2-2 this strip
B. #2 Rumspringa 5-2: Tagg-Lael contestant possible lone speed here; Must use

R9: Mdn Clm, 3+, 1m-T

1. #3 Dancing Dynamo 6-1: 5yo gelding from IEAH came fast from impossible slot last
2. #4 Really Reilly 7-2: Hushion-Schwartz player ML choice and shows consistency
A. #5 King Hoss 8-1: Kimmel takes goggles off Stronach-bred that is usually close
B. #6 Kris Angel 15-1: Sciacca goes green with Kissin Kris colt that was wide in debut

<$100 P6 Play:

4:1-8
5: 7-9
6: 4-7
7: 1-2-7
8: 1e-2
9: 3

2x2x2x3x2x1 = 48 x $2 = $96

$4 Grand Slam:

5: 9
6: 4
7: 7
8: All

1x1x1x6 x $4 = $24

P4 Play:

6: 1-4-7
8: 1e-2-3
9: 3-5

3x3x3x2 = $54

Good luck on a tough card..
Steve

RESULTS -- Delaware Park (6/13/06) Races 5-9 (P4, P3's)

5th: MSW, 1m, F&M-3+

1. #3 Strong Vows 2-1: 3RD
2. #4 Golden Opportunity 3-1: WON
3. #5 Coupled 4-1: 2ND

Ex: $13.30
Tri: $31.80

6th: Alw/N1x, 3+, 9f-T

1. #4 Fin Addict 8-1: 5TH
2. #6 Enroute 7-2: WON
A. #5 Agent Danseur 10-1: 2ND
B. #7 I'm a Fax 10-1: 7th

Ex: $13.20

7th: OC/N$Y, 3+, 6f

1. #1 The Student 6-1: WON
2. #5 Forest Park 4-1: 3RD
A. #6 Crafty Schemer 2-1: 2ND
B. #3 Saay Mi Name 8-1: ?

Ex: $6.50
Tri: $13.00

8th: OC/N4x, F&M-3+, 9f-T

1. #2 Go Robin 4-1: WON
2. #7 Missmaybe 20-1: ?
A. #8 Frost Princess 6-1: 4TH
B. #4 Patriots Image 12-1: 3RD

(Include favorite #5 Bend a Little in multi-race wagers)

9th: Clm, 3 yo, 8.5f

1. #3 Harbor Worker 10-1: 5TH
2. #2 Stormy Fellow 6-1: 3RD
A. #5 Padua's Gift 7-2: WON
B. #4 Behind Enemy Lines 6-1: 2ND

Ex: $14.80
Tri: $88.40

GPK
06-14-2006, 07:42 AM
If this rain from Alberto forces me to leave work early today and I have to go home, lay around and play the races all afternoon, I am gonna be HIGHLY UPSET!!!:eek:

Kasept
06-14-2006, 10:54 AM
Scratched Little Bit O'Gold in the BEL 4th.. Otherwise the selections are "as is"..

GPK
06-14-2006, 02:10 PM
big time tri in the 5th with the 7-10-8...I didn't bet the tri, but I did have WP on the 7.
well done Stevo.

Scav
06-14-2006, 02:17 PM
I REALLY hope he played this pick six ticket, $22 horse, and a $25 horse to start it off...

hoovesupsideyourhead
06-14-2006, 02:18 PM
the 10 hole is less tha 2perc on the widner..could not use him..and he fed up my 3/5...doh...great capping steve...your the man

Kasept
06-14-2006, 03:50 PM
If anyone told me this play would be live for the conso I wouldn't have believed it.. Haven't seen the 'will pays', but my guess is the 6 gets hit..

<$100 P6 Play:

6: 4-7
9: 3

Nostradamus
06-14-2006, 04:00 PM
Well done. I was all over Tactically Fein myself but I would never have had Smoke Diamond.

tap
06-14-2006, 04:03 PM
Nice call on top with Fein. Nice price too.

Exceller
06-14-2006, 04:22 PM
Pick Six paid $165,540.00.

Kasept
06-14-2006, 04:32 PM
I'm a Goer in the 6th prevents this from being an All-time kind of day... Destroys the multis (6, 4, Slam) with run up the rail...

Three tris though ($815.50, $25.50, $115.75) that make the day a keeper..

But boy..

Kasept
06-15-2006, 07:40 AM
It was, by any definition, a VERY good day... One race, Belmont's 6th, stood between us and one of our best days ever Wednesday. Four winners from our first or second choices, one third choice winner, produced three trifectas including a $1,600 ($2) bonanza in the 5th...

Only I'm a Goer eluded us Wednesday when Gary Contessa's charge found room up the rail. That result ruined the P4, Grand Slam and P6 conso... That's how narrow the gap is between a good day and an unforgettable one. On a day where we thought the Pick Six would be a foolhardy investment, we suggested a cheap $96 ticket which caught 4 of 6... The winning play returned $166,000... Details of yesterday are below today's selections.

Thursday we are right back at Belmont before shifting gears towards Saturday's huge Stephen Foster Day stakes card at Churchill... Hope you did well... The ammunition was there!

SELECTIONS -- Belmont Park (6/15/06), Races 4-9 (P6, P4, Grand Slam, P3's)

R4: MSW, NYB-3+ 9f-IT

1. #4 Conrad Crossing 5-1
2. #5 Speaking Out 3-1
A. #10 Soldier of Rome 12-1
B. #2 I Won't Dance 12-1
C. #3 Rodeo Hand 9-2

R5: Clm, F&M-3+, 6f

1. #1 Town Charmer 5-1
2. #2 For What Its Worth 3-1
A. #5 Vicaracci 6-1
B. #9 Sweet La Rizzi 4-1

R6: OC/N2X, NYB 3+, 6f

1. #8 Frank's Fuse 7-2
2. #1 Air Race 5-1
A. #3 Cool Days 3-1
B. #7 The Trip Continues 20-1

R7: OC/N3X, NYB 3+, 1m-T

1. #7 No Parole 7-2
2. #1 Emotrin 3-1
A. #5 Fiddlers Cat 10-1
B. #4 Theconfidenceman 8-1

R8: Alw/N1X, 3+, 9f-IT

1. #9 Museeb 5-2
2. #1 Sweetiewheatie 12-1
A. #3 Federal Number 7-2
B. #5 Builders Option 10-1

R9: Mdn Clm, F&M-3+, 1m-T

1. #3 Princess Langfuhr 15-1
2. #1 Martin entry (A Stroke A Hole) 5-2
A. #11 Kiss On a Star 6-1
B. #6 Griffin Cat 12-1

$4 Grand Slam:

5: 1
6: 8
7: 1
8: 1-3-5-6-9

1x1x1x5 x $4 = $20

$1 Pick Four:

6: 4-8
7: 1-7
8: 3-5-9
9: 1-3-4-11

2x2x3x4 = $48

Good luck!
Steve

Friday-Saturday: Churchill Downs..

RESULTS – Belmont Park (6/14/06) Races 4-9 (P6, P4, Grand Slam, P3’s)

R4: Good start to day as Smoke Diamond produces at 10-1 to get the P6 rolling.. Siding with Sense of Speed over Meeses to Pieces costs us the tri.

1. #8 Sense of Speed 5-1: 5th @ 5-1
A. #1 Smoke Diamond 8-1: WON @ 10-1
B. #6 Bronxdale 4-1: 3rd @ 2-1
C. #3 Judge John B. 8-1: 4th @ 8-1

R5: Biggest trifecta in NY in a while ($1,631 for $2) as our 1-2-3 comes 1-3-2 at boffo tabs.. On top choice "Fein" keeps the P6 going great paying $25!

1. #7 Tactically Fein 15-1: WON @ 12-1
2. #9 Good Looking Out 12-1: 3rd @ 11-1
A. #10 Bold Love 5-1: 2nd @ 12-1
B. #4 Gift of Valor 6-1: 6th @ 13-1
C. #2 Lotsa Smarts 12-1: 8th @ 7-1

R6: "Splash" photo-ed out of third costing the $125 Grand Slam.. I'm a Goer spoils an otherwise near-perfect day..

1. #4 A Nice Splash 15-1: 4th @ 8-1
2. #1 Privy Seal 3-1: 2nd @ 5-2
A. #5 Forget the Judge 8-1: 5th @ 10-1
B. #7 Gigli 5-2: 3rd @ 5-1

R7: P6 moves to 3 of 4 as 2nd choice "Ashkal" gets up over the #3 that we considered at first pass but dropped when making final call..

1. #7 Golden Commander 6-1: 3rd @ 7-1
2. #1 Ashkal Way 5-2: WON @ 3-2
A. #2 Dave 4-1: 5th @ 13-2
B. #9 L’Oiseau d’Argent 12-1: 8th @ 5-2

R8: Other half of entry does the job for us giving the 6 play a shot at the conso. Cheap trifecta ($51) the 2nd of the day...

1. #1a Royal Moment 4-1: POE Entry (#1) WON @ 3-1
2. #3 Dashboard Drummer 8-1: 3rd @ 9-1
A. #4 Tenthirteen 10-1: 4th @ 7-1
B. #2 Rumspringa 5-2: 2nd @ 1-1

R9: Dynamo disappoints but King Hoss, our 2nd use in the P4, wins.. Reilly and Sciacca's 2nd board visitor of the day at a price (17-1) delivers a good tri ($231.50), #3 on the afternoon, to end a good day...

1. #3 Dancing Dynamo 6-1: 9th @ 10-1
2. #4 Really Reilly 7-2: 2nd @ 9-2
A. #5 King Hoss 8-1: WON @ 3-2
B. #6 Kris Angel 15-1: 3rd @ 17-1

<$100 P6 Play: PAYS $166,000

6: 4-7 (Leaving out 'Goer' kills it..)
9: 3 (Used the winner in the P4 play..)

$4 Grand Slam:

5: 9
6: 4 (No Goer means missing out on $125 x 2!)
8: All

1x1x1x6 x $4 = $24

P4 Play:

6: 1-4-7 (No Goer.. No $192.75 payday..)
8: 1e-2-3
9: 3-5

3x3x3x2 = $54

Kasept
06-16-2006, 07:41 AM
They call baseball a game of redeeming qualities, well horseplaying is a game of humbling qualities... After a monsterous Wednesday at Belmont, Thursday was a blood-letting. Every call was a bad one, and with one chance at redemption in the nightcap, we failed to use hard-considered winner Maria's Locket, from Sciacca no less, which would have bailed out the day and way more...

Friday, we look to Churchill in a move designed to prepare for Saturday's big Foster Day card. It's always a good idea to watch races at an oval a day or two before you intend to wager to get a feel for what's hot and what';s not. Right now, it looks like Churchill is favoring stalker-closers on the main...

SELECTIONS -- CD, 6/16/06 (R7-11) Guaranteed $50k P4

7th: Alw, F&M-3+, 1m

1. #7 Hurricane Isabel 7-5: Imposing..
2. #4 Royal Cup 3-1: Rarely misfires..
A. #3 Lovetheprospect 6-1: 3rd off break..
B. #2 Dane Hall Dreamer 6-1: Sets pace..

8th: MSW, Fillies-2yo, 4.5f

1. #10 Chagall 4-1: Pletcher-Bejarano..
2. #3 Donnie's Madam 8-1: Foley tough 2nd start..
A. #2 Cohiba Miss 5-1: Could smoke 'em..
B. #5 Tora 5-1: Asmussen tore up KEE with juvys..

9th: OC/N$Y, 3+, 6f

1. #7 Engineered 3-1: Romans Langfuhr 6yo comes late..
2. #6 Yes Yes Yes 2-1: Almost too obvious..
3. #4 Danieltown 4-1: Flint gelfing exits W. VA stakes..

10th: OC/$100k, 3+, 1m

1. #1 Suave 6-5: Figures to be set now..
2. #4 Second of June 2-1: Cesare brings him back again..
3. #5 Tap Danicing Mauk 15-1: Not far behind top ones on figs.

11th: Clm, F&M-3+, 1m-T

1. #10 Kindling 4-1: Needs to work out trip..
2. #2 Cat's Copy 7-2: Gets target..
A. #5 Sugar Booger 5-1: Stalks or presses under Guidry..
B. #7 Y Country 20-1: Could move up on lawn..

P4 play:

8: 2-3-10
9: 4-6-7
10: 1
11: 2-5-7-10

3x3x1x4 = $36

Good luck.. Huge stakes action from BEL, CD, AP, LS, HOL tomorrow!!

Steve

Kasept
06-16-2006, 06:40 PM
Unbelievable.. I just go to see how this card went for me today, (well..), and discover I'm scratched out of two of the four P4 horses in my live ducat..

How about Second of June running his eyeballs out YET AGAIN, only to be nosed by Suave...

Scav
06-16-2006, 06:51 PM
Hopefully he can get healthy because it is HARD to pass him, has the heart of a lion, Scud's type of horse

whorstman
06-17-2006, 08:05 AM
Good call on #7 Engineered Kasept, I couldn't decide who to put with YYY and I went w/ him. Plus I like Romans and a girl I work w/ kinda knows him so I always have liked him. I just had to box 2 so I could pump it up a little, so even though ex only paid 17 and change, I was able to 5x it. Also saved my buddy some money, he wanted to uncork on YYY, but I told him he had better not, cause the 7 will hunt him down in the stretch, I looked like a genius.:cool:

whorstman
06-17-2006, 08:09 AM
Unbelievable.. I just go to see how this card went for me today, (well..), and discover I'm scratched out of two of the four P4 horses in my live ducat..

How about Second of June running his eyeballs out YET AGAIN, only to be nosed by Suave...

Yeah, thanks for that one too, I don't bet a lot of money, so I look for keys. Keyed suave over your other 2 for a tri and got 2 1/2x back, about 80 bucks:cool:

Kasept
06-17-2006, 09:27 AM
A Saturday of Stakes around the country, highlighted by the Stephen Foster Day bonanza at Churchill, should produce a great afternoon of racing. Belmont, Delaware, Arlington, Lone Star and Hollywood all card important stakes in addition to the sextet at Louisville. Most of the game's divisions are featured in these early summer events that will help determine the pecking order come the Breeders' Cup in November.

The Gr. I Ogden Phipps (BEL) and Stephen Foster combine with the Gr. II Fleur de Lis and Californian (HOL) for the popular NTRA National Pick 4 as well, a wager that has produced some outrageous returns in recent years. As with the Magna 5, there is something tremendously alluring for horseplayers in multi-track, multi-race punts, and ESPN will take advantage of today's quartet with a two hour broadcast of the play's races (5-7pm EST).

We can't address Saturday's features without first looking back at a race Friday which hopefully set the tone for a great afternoon of equine competition. Churchill's 10th Friday was a $100,000 optional claiming event that featured Paul Magee's Suave and Second of June, Bill Cesare's highly popular, oft-sidelined charge that rarely fails to produce memorable performances.

In 2004, Second of June engaged in a Fountain of Youth duel with Read the Footnotes that continues to be discussed. That Florida day, the pair raced on even terms for nearly the entire heat, with Rick Violette's colt edging the Holy Bull winner at the finish. Friday, Second of June fought on the front end before being confronted by Suave on the turn to set the stage for another gut-wrenching stretch drive. Down the entire 1,234.5 feet of the Downs' lane, Suave and Second of June battled with the latter once once more finding himself on the losing end of a photo.

He may not win these thrilling head to head struggles, but Second of June wins fans every time he steps out on the track.

SATURDAY STAKES

DEL 8 (3:54): 11th Susan's Girl, (L), $175,000, 3yo fillies, 8.5f

1. #6 PEAK MARIA'S WAY 8-1: Gorham gal could prove tough if able to shake loose; 2-2 course

2. #2 WONDER LADY ANNE L 2-1: Dutrow bay unlucky victim of Acorn gate incident when apparently ready to fire big shot; must prove self at short number on quirky oval

A. #5 AMANDATUDE 4-1: Can't exclude Ritchey listed winner by Aptitude who is perfect 7-7 in DEL exactas (2-5-0)

B. #1 GASIA 6-1: Becoming big fan of Mr. Jones (Hello Liberty) who's clicking 30% this circuit; looks poised but doesn't get best pace target for late kick

BEL 9 (5:15): 38th Ogden Phipps H. (Gr. I), $300,000, F&M-3+, 8.5f, (NTRA P4-Leg A)

1. #1 BENDING STRINGS 6-1: Fact Dollase ships in with American Chance 5yo telling; was third here in '05 to Ashado/Society Selection and looks better now; has plus stalk and pounce style that suits affair; offers value

2. #3 SPUN SUGAR 9-5: Pletcher miss was beneficiary of pathetic Albarado ride on Happy Ticket in 'Blossom'; plenty of time off since big figure earned there but still eligible to regress; vulnerable at miniscule price

A. #2 IN THE GOLD 10-1: Appreciate tote on Zito red from friend Charlotte Weber's Live Oak that has found going tough since Gr. I Gazelle win 8 months ago; returns to BEL (4/2-0-1) and one turn route she prefers; gets set up for late heroics

B. #7 BALLETTO 4-1: Castellano stays here, and this is another that showed improved form last when second best to today's #4 in the Shuvee; broke maiden and won Frizette this oval and owns anoth pair of placements in 4 Elmont visits

CD 6 (3:59): 29th Jefferson Cup, (Gr. II), $200,000, 3yo, 9f-T

1. #1 BRILLIANT 4-1: Howard-Farish hopeful has found calling on lawn, is 2-2 CD grass and figures to be alone turning for home

2. #4 MERCURIUS 9-2: 2nd Pletcher and "LDK" son has made this trip three straight starts and likely continues to progress

A. #6 YATE'S BLACK CAT 5-2: SCRATCHEDLate runner just missed two back when jump behind tragic 'Octave' in Forerunner; Romans' player may not get ideal flow

B. #7 OBI WAN KENOBI 6-1: Nice Han**** homebred from Brothers dueled top pick to the wire last time at a mile; loses Bridge to Storm Treasure but get Guid for the stretchout

CD 7 (4:33): 5th Northern Dancer, (Gr. III), $200,000, 3yo, 8.5f

1. #3 ADMIRAL'S ARCH 5-1: Forgiving poor Lone Star effort given that oval's love-hate surface; standing against Derby also-rans today nationwide as this one just as much at home at CD as Private Vow

2. #7 CIRCLE THE WORLD 4-1: SCRATCHED Using Mercurius rationale with this Pletcher runner too as nation's busiest trainer brings them forward in waves; FuPeg bay 2-2 with CD Alw score at 7f last

A. #4 SIMON PURE 10-1: Lukas-Lewis black type also ran zipped 5f <1:00 here Sunday and adds hot bug Leparoux

B. #1 PRIVATE VOW 9-5: Hard to swallow price on loser of three straight and off Derby dusting; no faster than the two to his right and rose run types a historical bad bet back

CD 8 (5:06): 37th Regret, (Gr. III), $200,000, 3yo fillies, 9f-T

1. #2 CANDY MA'AM 15-1: Take long look at long-winded Wilkes miss by LDK out of a Broad Brush mare; saves ground, will love the added distance and gets plus pace to chase; juicy mutuel under hustling Calvin

2. #1 LADY OF VENICE 5-2: Appalachian winner logical choice with hot J-T combo, but will be visited on front end and must gut out additional panel; figures prominent, but no lock

A. #9 FIERY DANCER 5-1: Took Atticus chestnut awhile to find form, but sharp Scherer picks spots well and Bejarano sticks; good enough for inclusion

B. #10 MAY NIGHT 12-1: Seitz trainee has kept company with many of these and yet to not earn check in 7 career efforts; broke maiden in PG Johnson and should be rallying late in tough heat

CD 9 (5:41): 32nd Fleur de Lis, (Gr. II), $300,000, F&M-3+, 9f, (NTRA P4-Leg B)

1. #2 HAPPY TICKET 6-5: Applaud Leggio for adding Leparoux after pair of top stake neck jobs compliments of dismal Albarado efforts on America's Makybe Diva; scratch BC DIS pallet flip, and Anet bay 15/11-4-0 which could be 15/13-2-0; refuses to be denied today and hope Robby is watching

2. #1 OONAGH MACCOOL 1-1: Undoubtedly premier Giant's Causeway daughter via Irish mare exits pair of Gr. II scores, but isn't as fast as one above; yielding listed loss lone failure on c.v. and sure to engage Ticket for epic duel under Raphy

3. #3 GALLANT SECRET 20-1: Taking price on recently hot Menifee bay as third cog in trifecta

CD 10 (6:13): 25th Stephen Foster H., (Gr. I), $750,000, 3+, 9f, (NTRA P4-Leg C)

1. #9 BRASS HAT 5-2: Openly rooting for Bradley and gallant gelding screwed royally by Dubai royalty; drilling well for return, owns right style and will be out for blood

2. #4 COSMONAUT 20-1: Biancone adds goggles to third LDK offspring noted today, and willing to look back to GG Gr. III win for inspiration at 20-1

A. #5 WIGGINS 15-1: Romans trainee gets to sit behind speed under Bejarano and though never a factor at this level could be "good now"

B. #8 WILD DESERT 15-1: SCRATCHED Clearly we're looking for value behind top pick, and Dutrow didn't come here for the bourbon (well, maybe); '05 Queens Plate victor was sharp in return from long layoff behind Tanaka star, and similar today earns share

ALTERNATE FOR SCRATCH: #3 WEST VIRGINIA 6-1

CD 11 (6:42): 30th Mint Julep, (Gr. III), $100,000, F&M-3+, 8.5f-T

1. #7 RICH IN SPIRIT 3-1: Streaking Proctor (30% meet) sends Guid on versatile Repriced filly that's 3/2-1-0 at CD, 6/3-2-0 at trip; Slightly less accomplished than Gr. II winner Typhoon, but likely to move forward 3rd off break

2. #5 MY TYPHOON 5-2: Hate playing it chalky in any turf event, but Mott Live Oak Miss Revere victress has few warts; Albarado was aboard for that Gr. II win this lawn, and Giant's Causeway red is 3 for 4 this distance

A. #4 SKY HIGH FLYER 6-1: Frankel largely absent from today's stakes preceedings, so look to this one and Lone Star player to run well; 2/1-1-0 so far in North America, and well suited for this group

B. #12 SPECIAL GRAYCE 12-1: We LOVE anything Helen Pitts saddles, and Smart Strike grey has kicked it up a notch as four year old; will be going best late

C. #8 LOUVE ROYALE 4-1: Hard to exclude this Biancone-Leparoux player who just missed in Bewitch graded debut two back

HOL 4 (5:40): 28th Affirmed H., (Gr. III), $100,000, 3yo, 8.5f

1. #6 RECORD 4-1: Reiterate stand against post-Derby runners by siding with Baffert Derby Trial winner

2. #3 ARSON SQUAD 5-1: Headley thinks highly of Brahams stretchout player that brings 4/2-0-2 mark to fray

3. #2 POINT DETERMINED 2-1: Likely favorite not more than solid fit with these on figures

HOL 6 (6:43): 28th Californian H., (Gr. II), $250,000, 3+, 9f, (NTRA P4-Leg D)

1. #5 MELANYHASTHEPAPERS 6-1: Marquez 5yo always runs at Inglewood and looks to break through black type ceiling here

2. #2 DIXIE MEISTER 6-1: Canani-Tanaka candidate another seeking initial graded score and TX-bred has been close before

A. #6 SPELLBINDER 5-2: One of two Gr. II winners here with Frolic, Mandella frontrunning type faces pressures in waves

B. #3 SUPER FROLIC 5-1: Dubai exiters have been performing well around the country, and it's hard to know what to expect from HAW Gold Cup winner; working well though and a fit on pace, figs

$1 NTRA P4 PLAY:

A: 1-2-3-7
B: 1-2
C: 4-9
D: 2-5-6

4x2x2x3 = $48

$1 CD $100k Guaranteed P4:

8: 1-2
9: 1-2
10: 1-4-5-9
11: 5-7-12

2x2x4x3 = $48

<$50 CD P6:

6: 1
8: 1-2-9
9: 2
10: 4-9
11: 5-7-8-12

1x1x3x1x2x4 = 24 x $2 = $48

Giood luck.. Enjoy the great day of racing!

Steve

Gander
06-17-2006, 10:06 AM
Great analysis Steve, any thoughts on the nice Belmont 7th?

I am with you on Arson Squad and I also think that Super Frolic will be tough to stop today. Point Determined is the best bet against anywhere today.

Kasept
06-17-2006, 10:34 AM
Great analysis Steve, any thoughts on the nice Belmont 7th?

I am with you on Arson Squad and I also think that Super Frolic will be tough to stop today. Point Determined is the best bet against anywhere today.

Tim,

Thx.. Great racing today!

I do have a BEL 7th opinion, and I guess it's rather predictable: Weigelia... Looked great working for his return at Laurel while I was there with SNS. Trombetta said at the time he was doing super and his return race was very solid two weeks ago. Fact that Mike ships up for this lucrative spot says a lot; JR takes the reins and he knows him; 5-1 awfully inviting too...

Look for the yellow and red picking 'em up down the lane...

Gander
06-17-2006, 10:47 AM
Thanks, Weigelia is a nice horse with much back class. Would not be any kind of surprise.

Kasept
06-17-2006, 11:09 AM
Turns out posts are limited to 10,000... (Of course another few months and there may be 10,000 characters REGISTERED here..

These didn't fit on the main stakes thread..

AP 8 (5:29): 18th Chicago BCH, (Gr. III), $175,000, F&M-3+, 7f

1. #5 GETCOSYWITHKAYLEE 10-1: Hard to pass this tote with Dutrow
2. #1a-poe MODJADJI 10-1: Only half of Janks entry; Torres named both
A. #7 ANNIKA LASS 2-1: No faster than several here
B. #2 DIMPLE PINCH 8-1: Clever Robertson sends solid Glacken grey

LS 8 (5:51): 10th Dallas Turf Cup H., (Gr. III), $200,000, 3+, 9f-T

1. #4 NEW EXPORT 4-5: Frankel-TNT bay good 3rd in Gr. III NA debut
2. #5 BREGO 10-1: Jackson 4yo broke maiden this sod; 2nd regularly
3. #2 WUAPACA 2-1: Von Hemel-Hamilton won last pair with him

Kasept
06-17-2006, 11:10 AM
Thanks, Weigelia is a nice horse with much back class. Would not be any kind of surprise.

Tim,

At closer look, I'd have to include Second in Command there as well..

Alydar
06-17-2006, 03:19 PM
Tim,

Thx.. Great racing today!

I do have a BEL 7th opinion, and I guess it's rather predictable: Weigelia... Looked great working for his return at Laurel while I was there with SNS. Trombetta said at the time he was doing super and his return race was very solid two weeks ago. Fact that Mike ships up for this lucrative spot says a lot; JR takes the reins and he knows him; 5-1 awfully inviting too...

Look for the yellow and red picking 'em up down the lane...

Great call in the 7th. Helped ma make some money today. I watched the replay from Laurel after reading this post and was sold. Absolutely spectacular!!

Kasept
06-17-2006, 03:22 PM
Great call in the 7th. Helped ma make some money today. I watched the replay from Laurel after reading this post and was sold. Absolutely spectacular!!

Glad you caught him.. New course record 1:07.0..

Congrats to Mike and his great crew.. and owners Joe Balsalmo & Ted Theos..

Gander
06-17-2006, 03:25 PM
Great job Steve. Seems like every time they run a turf sprint in NY there is a new record! I liked Summer Service but wasnt taking the hook at 2/1 however surely could have used him to finish 2nd for the exacta. Played him in a box with Weigelia.

Cant catch a cold today.

Scav
06-17-2006, 03:27 PM
I singled this horse in every POSSIBLE 1st place spot exotic available, and I still can't hit the ticket...didn't use the 4 in 2nd in either exacta or tri, and I forgot to play the pick four....

Kasept
06-17-2006, 05:29 PM
Stunning upset by Seek Gold.. Stunning. The clue was indeed his best career effort and figure which came in the Clark. Unbelievable.

Carryovers at BEL and CD tomorrow...

infield_line
06-17-2006, 05:43 PM
Obviously some nice country folks and a young trainer that gave him the love he was needing............... sigh...... racing is a cruel mistress...

Chris

:rolleyes:

infield_line
06-17-2006, 05:44 PM
duh........... the losses stunned me momentarily :p

Kasept
06-17-2006, 06:03 PM
A bizarre day with huge swings of success/despair...

Pluses: Susan's Girl tri box, standing with Ticket in the Regret, Californian exacta box, Mint Julep Exotics Sweep (Superfecta-Tri-Ex boxes)..

Minuses: S. Foster, N. Dancer and O. Phipps complete whiffs...

Kasept
06-18-2006, 06:55 AM
Wild day of racing yesterday with the clincher of course the $185 win price on Seek Gold in the Foster... Only clue there was his 108 Beyer/Thoro-Graph "0" in last year's Clark. But the race utterly collapsed, and as our man Joey Bets pointed out, Happy Ticket made the 9f in a tick faster then the men.

The day was rescued by the nice Susan's Girl tri at Delaware and all the exotics in the Mint Julep. The most satisfying result of the day though was Happy Ticket's performance in the Fleur de Lis where the emblazened beauty outgamed Oonagh Macool to the wire.

WEIGELIA STREAKS TO BEL COURSE RECORD

In the 7th race at Belmont, Joe Balsalmo and Ted Theos' Weigelia, trained by Mike Trombetta and stevedored by Juan Ramirez set a new course record with a 1:07.0 pyrotechnic in a $56,000 OC on the Inner Turf. Ridden by John Velasquez, Weigelia exploded out of the gate and zipped through quarters of :22.0 and :21.4 (:43.4), before finishing in :23.1.

I spoke to Trombetta Saturday night, and he now feel obligated to consider shipping the 5 year old to Calder for the Summit of Speed to face Lost in the Fog in the Smile. Weigelia loves the Dade County speedway, and could be a great price play in the $500,000 event.

BELMONT CARRYOVER CARD TRICKY BUT APPROACHABLE

$57,000 carryover in New York, and a playable card despite three straight maiden races in a row to start the sextet...

SELECTIONS -- Belmont Park, 6/18/06 (R4-9, P6, P4, Grand Slam)

R4: MSW-NYB, F&M-3+, 6.5f

1. #1 Lovely Dream 2-1
2. #3 Light Classic 5-2
A. #5 Karakorum Knockout 15-1
B. #8 Charming Jill 12-1
C. #9 Rodeo Driving 8-1

R5: MSW, F&M-3+, 6f-T

1. #7 My Own Story 4-1
2. #2 Elle Belle 6-1
A. #1 Cat Minstrel 6-1
B. #9 Hollywood Tale 9-2
C. #5 Sweet September 6-1

R6: Mdn Clm, 3+, 6f

1. #2 Discreet Thievery 3-1 (From Derby Trailer Lansdon Robbins!)
2. #10 Commodity Trader 4-1
A. #6 Tuwawi 12-1
B. #5 Stay Inside 5-1

R7: Alw/N1X, NYB, F&M-3+, 1m

1. #6 Symphony of Psalms
2. #8 Karakorum Starlet 9-5
A. #5 Willi's Sweet Girl 6-1
B. #3 Go Jersey Ginny 10-1
C. #9 Holy Kryptonite 10-1

R8: 28th Mount Vernon H., NYB, F&M-3+, 9f-T

1. #2 On The Bus 5-1
2. #5 Sabellina 4-1
A. #11 Elisa's Energy 5-1
B. #9 Half Heaven 10-1

R9: Alw/N1X, NYB, 3+, 1m-T

1. #3 Buxton Hill 2-1
2. #5 Meet My Buddy 5-1
A. #7 King Glacken 8-1
B. #9 Trick Meeting 6-1
C. #11 Helene's Dream 12-1

<$100 P6 Play:

4: 1-3-9
5: 2-7
6: 2
7: 6-8
8: 2-5
9: 3-11

3x2x1x2x2x2 = 48 x $2 = $96

$3 Grand Slam:

5: 7
6: 2
8: 2-5-6-7-8-9-11

1x1x1x7 = 7 x $3 = $21

<$25 P4 Play:

6: 2-6-10
7: 3-5-6-8
8: 2
9: 3-7

3x4x1x2 = $24

Good luck.. And Happy Father's Day to the Dads out there...
Steve

Kasept
06-20-2006, 05:48 AM
We're back to DelPark for "First State Tuesday" and hopefully a reprise of last week's good showing there. The weekend was a mixed bag as Saturday's stakes feast opened and closed well with mediocre results in the middle.

In the Susan's Girl at DEL, we were able to land the $200 tri with the box, and then waited nearly three hours before another score of consequence, all the Mint Julep exotics including the Super.

Despite the small return, the most satisfying result of the weekend was undoubtedly Happy Ticket's Fleur de Lis Triumph. Julian Leparoux WAS the difference on the Cajun Cutie. We again laud Andy Leggio's decision to replace her former jock that had basically been responsible for getting the Bayou Princess beat by noses in her prior two stakes starts. Now 16/12-3-0, Happy Ticket is simply the best story in racing and continues to go under-reported and under-appreciated.

Hope you enjoyed the weekend and did well, though it seems that Ron Moquet and Seek Gold managed to ruin a lot of people's wagering strategies with their Foster shocker...

SELECTIONS -- DEL R5-9, Pick 4, P3's, etc..

R5: Clm/N3L, 3+, 6f (P4, P3, DD)

1. #2 Muhlenberg 3-1 SCRATCHED
2. #5 Our Bold Ensign 2-1
3. #3 D. King 6-1

R6: Clm, 3+, 6f (P3, DD)

1. #7 Ruba Dub Dub 6-1
2. #9 Copewiththegeneral 5-2
A. #8 Short Hair 7-2
B. #5 City Blues 8-1

R7: Alw/N2X, 3+, 6f (P3, DD)

1. #5 FLEET VALID 5-2: SCRATCHED
2. #4 Mike'sgoodandtough 8-1
A. #2 I.L.C.U. Later 8-1
B. #1 Woodbridge 4-1

R8: The Candy Eclair, $50,000, F&M-3+, 6f (P3, DD, .10 Super)

1. #1 That's Our Song 4-1
2. #8 S W Aly'svalentine 8-1 SCRATCHED
A. #7 Contrast 5-2
B. #3 Miss Elsie 6-1

R9: MSW, F&M-3/4yo, 8.5f-T (DD, .10 Super)

A murderously tough affair that luckily doesn't end the P4.. Looks like there is no less than 7 in with a shot, and the inside horses are strong. Spread and pray...

1. #4 Street Kid 4-1
2. #5 Tiffany Twisted 3-1
A. #3 Strong Vows 6-1
B. #2 Adelantado 12-1

LONGSHOTS FOR .10 SUPER: #9 Make Me Shine (10-1) and #10 Dell Reef (15-1)

$1 P4 Play: (REVISED POST SCRATCHES)

6: 7-8-9
7: 2-4
8: 1-3-7

1x3x2x3 = $24

$1 REVISED Late P3:

7: 2-4
8: 1-3-7
9: 2-3-4-5-9

2x3x5 = $30

Good luck..
Steve

zippyneedsawin
06-20-2006, 11:36 AM
Looks like FLEET VALID is a scratch... bummer. :(

Kasept
06-20-2006, 12:10 PM
Looks like FLEET VALID is a scratch... bummer. :(

Zip..

Yeah.. And it's a steward scratch.. Have to check with Mike and see what was up.

zippyneedsawin
06-20-2006, 01:20 PM
Zip..

Yeah.. And it's a steward scratch.. Have to check with Mike and see what was up.

yeah, I saw that. I was wondering what the problem was too.

Kasept
06-21-2006, 07:02 AM
Lousy day at Delaware Tuesday.. A return to Big Sandy always a good remedy!

SELECTIONS -- Belmont Park, 6/21/06 (R4-9)

R4: Clm, 6f

1. #2 Gambling Native 2-1
2. #4 Nevr a Dull Moment 6-1
A. #5 Hurricane Mia 5-1
B. #6 Coup de Grace 4-1

R5: Alw/N1X, NYB-3+, 1m-T

1. #5 Secret Agent 2-1
2. #10 Moon Ala Mode 9-2
A. #11 Super Nationals 6-1
B. #4 Decourcey 8-1

Consider: #2 Sly Diamond Jim/#3 Himmarshee 15-1 (1st turfers)

R6: OC/N2X, NYB-3+, 1m

1. #5 Who What Win 4-1
2. #9 Pay Attention 5-1
A. #7 Shuffling Maddnes 9-2
B. #4 Lethimthinkhesboss 5-1

R7: Clm/N2L, F&M-4+, 1m-T

1. #3 Gingerbread Miss 8-1
2. #10 Verkhotina 4-1
A. #9 Sacre Miss 8-1
B. #4 Diana Rose 15-1

R8: Alw/N1x, F&M-3+, 6.5f

1. #7 Royal Fudge 10-1
2. #3 Win McCool 7-5
A. #8 Klepto Cat 5-1
B. #2 Crown You 6-1

R9: MSW, NYB-3+, 1m-T

1. #12 Chosen Aptitude 4-1
2. #9 In No Time 15-1
A. #1 Jelly Roll Rumble 6-1
B. #2 Distinctive Sandy 8-1
C. #5 Light the King 5-1

Good luck..
Steve

Kasept
06-23-2006, 05:10 AM
Colonial Downs -- Friday, June 23, 2006

R5: MSW, 3+, 5.5f-T

1. #5 Polar Front 5-2
2. #1/1a Fine Shine/Ready Eddie (Garcia named both) 2-1
A. #8 Caseys Spike Casey 6-1
B. #7 Thunderula 15-1

R6: Clm/N2L, F&M-3+, 5.5f-T

1. #8 Intricacy 8-1
2. #5 Privately Approved 9-5
A. #1 Pugnacious Mille 12-1
B. #6 East Jet 8-5

R7: Clm/N1Y, 3+, 1m-IT

1. #3 Major Blast 10-1
2. #9 Tricky Pace 4-5
A. #2e (Stauch/Jim the Gent) 10-1
B. #8 Glorious King 6-1

R8: Alw/N1X, F&M-3+, 9f-T

1. #2 It's True Love 9-2
2. #4 Best to You 6-1
A. #7 Classy and Fast 20-1
B. #10 Seductiva 7-2

Tough race.. Evenly matched group with 5-2 favorite #9 Sightseer tough to leave out of multi-race wagers. From Motion, who we love as a trainer...

R9: Clm, 3+, 7f

1. #3 King Steven 2-1
2. #4 Johns Rush 5-2
A. #5 Looking for Biscuit 10-1
B. #1 Berry the Gold 3-1

Good luck..
Steve

GPK
06-23-2006, 05:40 AM
good to see some quality tracks getting some attention around here:D

TheSpyder
06-23-2006, 06:00 AM
I totally agree. Colonial Downs has risen from the smoke and ashes to become such a quality track. I love the turf and they have put on such a great show. I like the schedule which includes Mon & Tues eveneings amongst the rest to the weekly racing.

Some great prices too!

Spyder from SC

Kasept
06-27-2006, 06:36 AM
SELECTIONS -- CRC: 6/27 (R5-9, P3's, P4, DD)

R5: OC/N2X, F&M-3+, 6f

1. #7 Shesa Fast Lady 5-2
2. #4 Northern Vacation 3-1
3. #1 Defined Borders 6-1

R6: Mdn Clm, 2yo, 4.5f

1. #5 Talkin Thunder 2-1
2. #8 Master at Arms 8-1
A. #1 Where U Found It 4-1
B. #2 Spectacular Derby 6-1

R7: Clm, 3+, 1m70y

1. #3 Cherokee Chase 6-1
2. #5 Foreign Ruckus 5-1
3. #6 Passive Aggression 3-1

R8: Alw/N2L, 3yo, 7f

1. #1e (Salinas entry) Classy Honoree/Old Town Pond 3-1
2. #2 Ready More 2-1
A. #5 Balsero 20-1
B. #2 Outrageous Bill 12-1

R9: Mdn Clm, F&M-3&4yo, 7f

1. #8 B.A. Marine 4-1
2. #6 Checkinwithmom 6-1
A. #11 Cutie's Cloud 5-2
B. #7 Avery's Slowmet 12-1

$1 P4:

6: 5-8
7: 3-5-6
8: 1e
9: 2-6-7-8-11

2x3x1x5 = $30

Good luck..
Steve

SentToStud
06-27-2006, 07:31 AM
FWIW,
My take on those races...
R5: Yours look like the ones. I like Northern Vacation to win this.
R6: Thunder looks good, but I'll be on 1, Where U Found It. Standridge hot and 3rd out here. Also like the 4, Get a Lil In to crash the ticket at odds.
R7: My best of the day is 2, Lake Kerr, but ony at 5-1+. Only 3x winner has been beaten about 150 lengths in last 5 starts but plunges and won his last two 2-turn dirt routes by open. Not for the faint of heart!
R8: I like 8, Premiere Event in this. Going to get a good and clear trip right off the speed.
R9: I'm a huge Mario Morales fan and the 5, Pura Suerte, fits his winning profile. Finally puts two races together, worked since her last on 6/16 and the last is better than looks as she missed third by only a nose plus a head. Probably needs another but I'm willing to find out at 8-1+.

good luck

SentToStud
06-27-2006, 07:56 AM
R1: 6,3
R2: 6
R3: 4,5
R4: 2,7

Kasept
06-28-2006, 07:37 AM
Weather continues to threaten turf racing on the East Coast making scratches a problem. In the meantime, we continue to scuffle a bit and lost the best opportunity at a big Calder trifecta score Tuesday via a scratch...

Back to Belmont Wednesday with the 6th and 9th scheduled for the lawn. Thursday, the 5th, 6th and 7th are all meant for sod sprinting, and another day of rain will destroy that afternoon as well... Better now though than during Toga!

SELECTIONS: Belmont Park, R5-9 (Grand Slam, Late P4, P3's, Late DD)

R5: Clm/N1Y, F&M-4+, 1m

1. #5 Jolie's Leader 7-2: Walder tabs Johhny V; 33% together '05
2. #1 Fidget 5-2: Contessa bay veteran won't mind mud much
A. #7 Snitch 3-1: Levine-Luzzi 4yo another OK with wet
B. #3 Tax the Queen 9-2: Paranack helmsman hitting stride now

R6: MSW-NYB, 3+, 8.5f-T

1. #6 Strikeuptheblues 3-1: Trying again with just miss last gelding
2. #10 Roscommon Express 5-2: Johnny V. for father-in-law Leo
A. #1 Academy Royale 8-1: Pugh adds Lasix to Royal Academy bay
B. #7 Doctor D. Nicholas 8-1: Dutrow has intriguing record with Samyn

OFF TURF: 14-10-2-3

R7: S. H'cap, 4+, 8.5f

1. #3 Tactical Gold 5-2: Tony Dutrow gelding hot; OK with off going
2. #6 August Song 12-1: 7yo scored in SAR slop; Fits with these
A. #7 Diligent Gambler 3-1: O-fer annum, but 1st of '06 here for BEL lover
B. #5 Lieutenant Danz 4-1: Tailing off from strong winter form?

R8: OC/N1X, 3+, 1m

1. #7 Santa's Gold 12-1: It's Christmas in June!
2. #4 Organizer 5-2: Best results have come in precip
A. #6 Dr. Pleasure 3-1: Highly regarded Ward-Oxley bay returns
B. #3 Salty and Saintly 5-1: Graduated on sealed slop

R9: Clm, F&M-3+, 1,-T

1. #1 Grand Idea 4-1: Makes sense on lawn or OTT
2. #6 Interpretation 5-2: Another that can go either surface
A. #8 Sky Island 15-1: Pricey invader scored on good Philly strip; OK sod
B. #11 Spartan Valor 9-2: Has found life on lawn

OFF TURF: 1-6-8-12

$3 Grand Slam:

6: 6-10 (10-14 OTT)
8: 3-4-6-7

1x2x1x4 = 8 x $3 = $24

$1 P4 Play:

6: 6-10 (10-14 OTT)
7: 3-6-7
8: 4-7
9: 1-6-8 (1-6-8 OTT)

2x3x2x3 = $36

Good luck..
Steve

Kasept
06-29-2006, 11:26 AM
Another rough outing Wednesday as we're officially in a tailspin... While scratches and off the turf moves are contributing factors, we just don't seem to be "seeing" it all that well right now...

Nothing to do but press forward though, and a break in the weather, at the noon hour, has Belmont fast on the main and good on the lawn...

SELECTIONS (post-Scratches): Belmont, 6/29 (5-9)

5: NYB-ALW/N1X, 7f-T

1. #8 King Glacken 6-1
2. #7 Mr Sam I Am 8-5
A. #5 Here's Ya Souvenir 8-1
B. #8 Star Halo 6-1

6: NYB-MSW, 6f-IT

1. #5 Yankee Thunder 2-1
2. #11 General Congress 15-1
A. #10 Ballston 20-1
B. #9 Minority Leader 8-1

7: NYB-OC/N2X, F&M, 7f-T

1. #9 Shoot the Bugler 6-1
2. #8 Nina Marie 8-1
A. #1e Carroll entry (Keen Spirit/Miss Baba) From DTer John Charos..
B. #5 Christina's Melody 5-1
C. #2 Artistic Express 8-5

8: OC/N1X, F&M, 1m

1. #6 Altese 5-2
2. #5 Sugar Shake 2-1
3. #4 Raf and Ready 5-1

9: Clm/N2L, F&M, 6.5f

1. #9 Ms Storming Angel 5-1
2. #5 Loves to Peak 8-1
A. #6 For What Its Worth 4-1
B. #7 Faithwillberewarded 12-1

Good luck..
Steve

SCUDSBROTHER
06-29-2006, 01:28 PM
I think right now is probably the best time to give you props for picking the 39/1 (or something like that) on the turf at the Meadowlands (Monday a week ago.)

Gander
06-29-2006, 01:41 PM
I like the horse Steve has on top in the 9th- Ms Storming Angel quite a bit today.

Kasept
06-29-2006, 02:10 PM
I think right now is probably the best time to give you props for picking the 39/1 (or something like that) on the turf at the Meadowlands (Monday a week ago.)

Thanks Scuds.. Things went south right quick after that... Been very tough with a brutal travel schedule and the uncertain fields/surfaces/conditions day after day...

Good start just now today though having tabbed the cold triple in the Belmont 5th.. Just official.. $77.50..

hoovesupsideyourhead
06-29-2006, 02:16 PM
nice steve-o

Downthestretch55
06-29-2006, 03:16 PM
Contessa is having a day like H Allen did yesterday.

Kasept
06-29-2006, 03:41 PM
And me along with him..

Downthestretch55
06-29-2006, 03:43 PM
Way to go!!!!

Also, thanks for this great site...very excellent!

Kasept
06-29-2006, 03:49 PM
Thanks.. My pleasure..

IN THE MEANTIME... Did everyonr just see the Adena filly just cruise in the 8th??? OMG... This Sugar Shake looks increasingly like the real deal...

Downthestretch55
06-29-2006, 04:10 PM
Sugar Shake does indeed look like the real deal.

And also, for the name" betters...take a look at "Sugar" winners.

In the 3rd, Sugar Exchange
In the 8th, Sugar Shake

I just might name one "Gimme da Sugar".

Gander
06-29-2006, 05:09 PM
Steve:

Just curious, do you bet all these picks or are these mind bets like the public handicappers?

And also when you refer to "we" who are you referring to besides yourself?

Kasept
06-29-2006, 05:48 PM
Steve:

Just curious, do you bet all these picks or are these mind bets like the public handicappers?

And also when you refer to "we" who are you referring to besides yourself?

Don't bet 'em all.. Tough to be profitable betting them all. (Though frankly, since starting the ATRAB gig in November, you'd be well positive playing them all thanks in no small part to the $20,000 in supers I hit back to back at Hawthorne 4/28). Usually am playing the multi-race suggestions I lay out. Regularly throw down on the individual races I feel best about... I'm not a full card bettor and never was. I've always been able to be patient waiting for spots. I suggest boxing all the time but I frequently end up keying and wheeling the prime value horse(s) I like.

I used "we" from the start in my writing on Derby Trail in 2003 because I really didn't think my "voice" merited writing in the first person.. Who was "I" to be saying anything about anything? (That's still true..). Though some may disagree, to me it is much more pretentious to write "I think", "I believe", etc.., than "we think", "we believe".. I've just stuck with it. I like the way it reads.

Gander
06-29-2006, 06:08 PM
Cool Steve, thanks.

You know what I never understood? When a guy like Nick Kling or any other sucessful public handicapper brags about how if you played every single one of his picks, you would make a profit. I dont know about you, but I have never met anybody who approaches betting in the fashion of betting every single race of every single card at a particular meet.

I realize its one way of determining one's success as a public handicapper, but I dont think its a very accurate way of saying whether one guy is "better" than another.

Me personally? I would never bet anybody's picks but if a guy like you or Mormino "agreed" with my logic for liking a particular horse, it may cause me to up my antie, so to speak. I'd rather listen to a guy like yourself or Mormino who is constantly looking for value. Even if it means going bad for a few days, finding that nice value play at 10/1 and betting it appropriately can make up for 2-3 losing days.

Gander
06-29-2006, 06:09 PM
Okay, knowing you dont bet them all, just some of them, how do you keep from going insane on the days where you cap, but for some reason decide not to play, and watch a horse you like come in and pay $25 for the win?

Kasept
06-29-2006, 06:15 PM
Me personally? I would never bet anybody's picks but if a guy like you or Mormino "agreed" with my logic for liking a particular horse, it may cause me to up my antie, so to speak. I'd rather listen to a guy like yourself or Mormino who is constantly looking for value. Even if it means going bad for a few days, finding that nice value play at 10/1 and betting it appropriately can make up for 2-3 losing days.

Exactly..

I've always felt that people who gave me positive feedback on my analysis were doing so because I helped them take a longer look at a longer priced horse they hadn't considered. That's my cause d'etre basically, and never expected people to blindly just use my tabs... BUT.. with the radio thing, people have been using the tabs and have done well. I can tell you there's a pretty heavy burden tied to doing it like this on a daily basis, and my respect for the cap guys I've gotten to know at DRF is 20X what it was years ago when I was dumb enough to think I knew as much as they did. I didn't.. Still don't..

Kasept
06-29-2006, 06:18 PM
Okay, knowing you dont bet them all, just some of them, how do you keep from going insane on the days where you cap, but for some reason decide not to play, and watch a horse you like come in and pay $25 for the win?

LOL.. Listen to the show.. JJ and I want to kill ourselves every couple of days when we don't get one in and there's a bonanza.. Luckily, his son Chris has been clobbering everything in sight that I offer. He's up several thousand.

FlBred
06-29-2006, 06:26 PM
LOL.. Listen to the show.. JJ and I want to kill ourselves every couple of days when we don't get one in and there's a bonanza.. Luckily, his son Chris has been clobbering everything in sight that I offer. He's up several thousand.

Thanks for all of your insight and knowledge on the Board Steve. I am definitely a beginner when it comes to playing the ponies but the board has been a great help and have learned alot already. I definitely look at your picks when capping a race (or trying to cap a race!) and take your thoughts and picks into consideration.

How can I catch the radio show, I would definitely like to tune in. Again nice kob on the board. Keep em coming!

Kasept
06-29-2006, 06:33 PM
Thanks for all of your insight and knowledge on the Board Steve. I am definitely a beginner when it comes to playing the ponies but the board has been a great help and have learned alot already. I definitely look at your picks when capping a race (or trying to cap a race!) and take your thoughts and picks into consideration.

How can I catch the radio show, I would definitely like to tune in. Again nice kob on the board. Keep em coming!

FL,

Thanks very much.. I appreciate it. Visit the ATRAB website.. The "Listen live" link is on the kleft side near the top... (Or better still, buy a SIRIUS radio!!)

http://www.attheracesandbeyond.com

DerbyCat
06-29-2006, 10:37 PM
Steve - I truly appreciate your picks and insight (along with GPK, Gander, Byebyemermaid, Boldruler, Downthestretch55, eurobounce and too many others to give credit to). All of you are helping me to see the details in my 'capping that either I did not see myself or wasn't sure enough of to bet... for that I thank you (and other members of the board). You guys make me better.

Kasept
06-30-2006, 08:11 PM
Prarie Meadows gets the fabulous Holiday Weekend off to a good start with tonight's Saylorville, Oaks and Derby... A little late getting this out, but off we go on the 'busiests' 96 hours of handicapping we know...

PrM 6th: Saylorville, $100,000, F&M-3+, 6f

1. #1 Katy Smiles 6-1: Gets rail for optimum speed voyage
2. #8 Hot Storm 8-5: Stewart hot but will be used to get to front
A. #3 Silver Fortune 12-1: Pleasant price on PrM board regular
B. #2 Red Lifesaver 7-2: Gets good set up for late heroics

PrM 7th: Iowa Oaks (GIII), $200,000, Fillies 3yo, 8.5f

1. #4 Maggie Slew 8-1: Taking price guessing Slew's last foal wires 'em
2. #3 Brownie Points 9-5: Lack of pace, low tab says no thanks to us
A. #1 Saffronista 9-2: Pinchin miss a threat on best
B. #2 Baghdaria 2-1: Amoss-Bejarano potent, but price disuades

PrM 8th: Iowa Derby, $250,000, 3yo, 8.5f

1. #7 Circle the World 3-1: Pletcher-Bejarano look irresistale here
2. #1 Wait in Line 5-1: Minor league Derby player doffs blinks, goes T2D
A. #5 Kingsfield 12-1: Local types frequently hit board these events
B. #4 Spotgone 4-1: Fires family bay has knocked heads with good ones

Tomorrow: More PrM; BEL's Suburban/Mother Goose; PHA's Dr. Penny; AP's Classic; HOL's numerous stakes; MON's Jersey Shore... & more...

Good luck..
Steve
B.

hoovesupsideyourhead
06-30-2006, 08:46 PM
thanks steve ,,,,keep hope alive..the new jockeys guild saying...

SentToStud
06-30-2006, 09:06 PM
7th race...
Maggie's a bit short for me...
3 win
Tri 3/6/124 and 3/124/6. Small saver... 124/6/1234

Scav
06-30-2006, 09:38 PM
They are overbetting the **** out of this Blazing Sunset....Prairie's odds do sway alot, he won't be favored by the end but this early action is SO TYPICAL small track/big trainer shipper crap...I LOVE IT

hoovesupsideyourhead
06-30-2006, 09:42 PM
im gonna give more than reag a shot,,ass man n bridgmo...12-1

Bogey
06-30-2006, 09:42 PM
They are overbetting the **** out of this Blazing Sunset....Prairie's odds do sway alot, he won't be favored by the end but this early action is SO TYPICAL small track/big trainer shipper crap...I LOVE IT

Scav, it's what I wrote in my post. He's an underlay because of Cali connections. I don't see him getting it done here. Nice Race.

Bogey
06-30-2006, 09:45 PM
im gonna give more than reag a shot,,ass man n bridgmo...12-1

Hooves, I'm right there with you. I played the tri I posted and also an exacta box with MTR and CTW.

hoovesupsideyourhead
06-30-2006, 09:48 PM
Hooves, I'm right there with you. I played the tri I posted and also an exacta box with MTR and CTW.
i just dropped the ods board..lmfao 200 winplc//

Scav
06-30-2006, 09:52 PM
BOOM BABY....I am alive to a $5 pick four right now. I knew Circle jerk would go nuts under the lights....

This is how all my tickets have gone. I went Hot/Bag/Wait in line,Regal/ with two horses.....Odds that all my hopes and dreams get SMOKED in this next leg....

hoovesupsideyourhead
06-30-2006, 09:52 PM
sweet.. cha ching

Scav
06-30-2006, 09:54 PM
If I hit this ticket, it will reaffirm my affection for horse racing and handicapping....If I don't, it might send me into the looney bin

hoovesupsideyourhead
06-30-2006, 09:56 PM
5880..im happy now..rough day...

Scav
06-30-2006, 09:59 PM
Rough two days for me

Bridgmo has turned into a monster rider. Really, he just continues to improve and when he has the horse, he finishs better then anyone.

SentToStud
06-30-2006, 10:01 PM
Well done all... I had a few $ on lil brother. say what you will, earlie will never lose for lack of use of the whip. Bring in the late legs if you're alive in the p3 or p4!

hoovesupsideyourhead
06-30-2006, 10:03 PM
yes and i saw some of that in m garcia..clear by 5 and whipping that ass..

ninetoone
06-30-2006, 10:08 PM
what kind of odds did MTR go off at??

Scav
06-30-2006, 10:08 PM
Well done all... I had a few $ on lil brother. say what you will, earlie will never lose for lack of use of the whip. Bring in the late legs if you're alive in the p3 or p4!

Bruce, you ALWAYS play Always Earlie it seems like?

Scav
06-30-2006, 10:09 PM
what kind of odds did MTR go off at??

9/1

paid 20 and 9 I think

SentToStud
06-30-2006, 10:15 PM
Bruce, you ALWAYS play Always Earlie it seems like?

No, just seems like it. I was looking forward to seeing this race all day but never really got a chance to look at the form. Truth be told, I fell asleep and woke up with 4 mtp. Tossing $10 on the Lil Bro was the best idea I could come up with.

Scav
06-30-2006, 10:18 PM
I hate my life.....I just had the 4 and 7 in the pick four....for $5...was paying HUGE.....

Scav
06-30-2006, 10:20 PM
unreal....

Scav
06-30-2006, 10:26 PM
All that capping, for nothing...

**** Tim Douchebag....this horse was responding to the whip the whole stretch and he can't get the friggin thing into this left hand so he had to steady and gets beat by a NOSE....If I have Bejarano/JV/Bridgo/EVEN LAVIOLETTE, I win this race by a length.....

SentToStud
06-30-2006, 10:26 PM
T,
Saw the replay...
Brutal beat there.

Scav
06-30-2006, 10:27 PM
Beyond brutal...That right there, is going to cause me to stop until Gulfstream

Kasept
07-01-2006, 10:08 AM
The holiday weekend's action kicks into overdrive today as more than a dozen Graded Stakes dot the North American racing landscape.. Steve Asmussen got a leg up on Todd Pletcher and Doug O'Neill in the battle of the Supertrainers Friday night, as More Than Regal topped the Iowa Derby at 9-1. Asmussen, Pletcher and O'Neill have at least 7 stakes starters apiece in the July 4th celebration of thoroughbred racing..

Here's a look at Saturday's important features..

BELMONT PARK:

8th: The 50th Mother Goose (Gr. I), $250,000, 3yo fillies, 9f

1. #7 Pine Island 12-1: Shug-Phipps NEVER misplace their fillies 2ND
2. #4 Ready to Please 3-1: Pletcher miss needs fig boost; will relish distance 3RD
A. #3 Lemons Forever 7-2: Oaks shocker gets great set-up for late kick 4th
B. #2 Bushfire 7-2: Acorn re-rally winner simply too game to ignore 1ST

9th: The 120th Suburban Handicap (Gr. I), $400,000, 3+, 10f

One of America's most storied events..

1. #7 Tap Day 4-1: Hennig get Johnny V., sits stalking trip
2. #3 Andromeda's Hero 12-1: Price a plus on constantly improving Zito red
A. #6 Invasor 9-5: Awfully low tab on PIM Special winner who could react 1ST
B. #5 Rathor 7-2: "Now" horse will get modest pressure; could wire

MONMOUTH PARK:

9th: Jersey Shore Breeders' Cup (Gr. III), $150,000, 3yo, 6f

1. #1 Henny Hughes 2-1: K-Mc simply great off extended breaks 1ST
2. #3 Changing Weather 6-1: Only way to make money here is Darley closer
3. #5 He's Got Grit 5-1: More value from Asmussen gelding; (Think 'Anew')

PHILADELPHIA PARK:

9th: Dr. Penny Memorial H'cap (L), $100,000, F&M-3+, 8.5f-T

1. #7 Pommes Frites 2-1: Mott Beaugay winner faces modest pace pressure 1ST
2. #12 Inapinch 12-1: This is the F&M Turf Breeders' Cup for local claimer
A. #4 Marchonin 5-1: Toss Matz bay's off turf flop last
B. #2 Ozone Bere 4-1: Clement grey 3rd to Gorella/Frites in (GII) Just a Game

WOODBINE:

9th: The Dominion Day (Gr. III), $200,000, 3+, 10f

1. #2 Arch Hall 3-1: Casse Gr. III winner not off board in 2+ years
2. #6 Scipion 10-1: Biancone-Payson 4yo point to good one 3rd/layoff
A. #5 Cryptograph 4-1: Pierce-Kabel a potent WO force historically
B. #1 Funny Cide 9-5: Returns to trip he likes, but 9-5? Can't see.. 1ST

CHURCHILL DOWNS:

10th: The Firecracker BCH (Gr. II), $250,000, 3+, 1m-T

1. #1 Miesque's Approval 4-5: Aced Artie @ KEE; From 49-1 in Jan. to 4-5 now 1ST
2. #4 Gigawatt 8-1: Lerman's 1 win '06 came with this 6yo in CRC green Gr. 2
A. #7 Thunder Mission 20-1: Nicks' Pulpit gelding chasing good ones all year
B. #3 Free Thinking 6-1: Danner bay get Leparoux; likes CD and trip 2ND

ARLINGTON PARK:

8th: The Arlington Classic (Gr. III), $150,000, 3yo, 8.5f-T

1. #7 Storm Treasure 7-2: Asmussen red found trouble all the way in Jeff Cup
2. #8 Proudinsky 4-1: German import from Tanaka a proverbial mystery horse 2ND
A. #4 Creative Force 6-1: State bred fits; Note best sod tries came on soft
B. #1 Kingship 8-1: Werner trainee exploded last when moved to lawn 1ST

HOLLYWOOD PARK:

3rd: 52nd A Gleam Invitational H'cap (Gr. II), $150,000, F&M-3+, 7f

1. #2 Somethingaboutlaura 8-5: Hollendorfer red just missed classy pair last 1ST
2. #5 Maryfield 9-5: O'Neill listed winner tries for initial graded score 2ND
3. #4 Allswellthatnswell 6-1: Warren mare chased fave, My Miss Storm Cat 3RD

6th: 9th Cash Call Invitational (Gr. III), $750,000, F&M-3+, 1m-T

1. #5 Sweet Talker 3-1: Motion/Dominguez come West for one reason only 2ND
2. #9 Dance in the Mood 7-2: Recall Cesario in Oaks on this card last year 1ST
A. #3 Shining Energy 5-2: ML choice from Canani has some tactical options
B. #1 Cambiocorsa 5-1: O'Neill's Cal-bred on 7 race run; this good though?

9th: 62nd Landaluce (L), $100,000, 2yo fillies, 6f

1. #10 Pinata 12-1: Nice value on Graph Racing purchase from Miller 1ST
2. #6 Coco Belle 4-1: SCR
A. #9 Holly Torque Tango 9-2: Love fact Koriner red "dueled, prevailed" 2ND
B. #8 Thru n' Thru 2-1: Baffert 'Belle' beater better beware bounce

Longshot exotic value: #2 Doubloon City 20-1

PRARIE MEADOWS:

8th: 9th Iowa Sprint H'cap (L), $125,000, 3+, 6f

1. #8 Coach Jimi Lee 5-2: Hard not to root for DiVito 6yo trying for 3rd in row 1ST
2. #5 Brooker 8-1: O'Neill bay gelding 3 for 5 trip; rarely misfires 3RD
A. #1 Bishop Court Hill 9-5: Didn't exactly top Ta Wee in that Carter win 2ND
B. #2 Semaphore Man 4-1: Von Hemel clan pass-around usually a minor factor 4TH

9th: 10th PrM Cornhusker BCH (Gr. II), $300,000, 3+, 9f

Absolutely bizarre cast make for a great betting race..

1. #13 Good Reward 10-1: Shug not here on lark; Winner if OK revisiting dirt
2. #4 Three Hour Nap 8-1: Prefers 9 panels and adjusts to any pace
A. #11 Alumni Hall 4-1: Howard-Farish veteran alternates big tries
B. #12 Mayan King 15-1: Price too inviting to not use Contessa shipper
C. #1 Gouldings Green 8-1: Are AP stewards down to help Hanshin "winner"?

Longshot exotic value: #6 Wayzata Bay 20-1

Enjoy the great day.. Tomorrow, a long look at the lucrative Hollywood card as well as the Poker and Astoria at Belmont and Stars and Stripes at Arlington..

Good luck..
Steve

Scav
07-01-2006, 02:35 PM
The ish rides continue with Jesse Campbell winning today's award in the 4th at Arlington....unreal

Kasept
07-01-2006, 04:00 PM
BELMONT PARK:

8th: The 50th Mother Goose (Gr. I), $250,000, 3yo fillies, 9f

1. #7 Pine Island 12-1: Shug-Phipps NEVER misplace their fillies
2. #4 Ready to Please 3-1: Pletcher miss needs fig boost; will relish distance
A. #3 Lemons Forever 7-2: Oaks shocker gets great set-up for late kick
B. #2 Bushfire 7-2: Acorn re-rally winner simply too game to ignore

HOLLYWOOD PARK:

3rd: 52nd A Gleam Invitational H'cap (Gr. II), $150,000, F&M-3+, 7f

1. #2 Somethingaboutlaura 8-5: Hollendorfer red just missed classy pair last
2. #5 Maryfield 9-5: O'Neill listed winner tries for initial graded score
3. #4 Allswellthatnswell 6-1: Warren mare chased fave, My Miss Storm Cat

I'm telling you folks... NEVER.. NEVER question the Phipps/Shug moves with their fillies. They absolutely are 100% well meant whenever they go in races like these... Keyed a $250 triple for me, and it's too bad there wasn't a super on this race because we had it too. Felt strongly about Teammate and Joint Effort as tosses... Effort was facing an 0-2-X pattern and Teammate is not back from the last big try...

Happy with the straight tri at HOL too.. Allswell slides to 15-1 to get the tri to $41..

SentToStud
07-01-2006, 04:54 PM
I'm telling you folks... NEVER.. NEVER question the Phipps/Shug moves with their fillies. They absolutely are 100% well meant whenever they go in races like these... Keyed a $250 triple for me, and it's too bad there wasn't a super on this race because we had it too. Felt strongly about Teammate and Joint Effort as tosses... Effort was facing an 0-2-X pattern and Teammate is not back from the last big try...

Happy with the straight tri at HOL too.. Allswell slides to 15-1 to get the tri to $41..

Nice calls, especially on the Mo Goose. Very nice run from Pine Island. I missed on a karma play there as I live close to a major street named Pine Island Road (though neither pines or islands in eyeshot). And how about Bushfire? 3 G1's by July 1st! I got off her train today, but she just wins.

I was on the phone with a friend after the race and we were trying to remember the last filly to have won three grade 1s races this early in the year as a 3 year old. We couldn't come up with one. I hope she stays sound and can come back in either the CCA or Alabama. If she can come back good and get one of these two races, she'd finish the summer with 4 G1's including a race at 10f.

Bushfire is very, very close to doing some rare and remarkable things.

Kasept
07-01-2006, 05:04 PM
S2S,

Thx.. having a very good afternoon, and Pine Isle was key.. This Bushfire is remarkable though.. period. Stunningly game EVERY time out.

Kicking myself after talking up Arbuckle Bandit on the radio yesterday in the AP Classic as a "use", and then leaving him out... Got exacta, but tri was BOFFO with the bomb holding on for third.. $1,000+!

G-D Nolan's Cat ruined my play at Woodbine though... It's END TO END ACTION KIDS!!!

Kasept
07-01-2006, 06:34 PM
9th: 62nd Landaluce (L), $100,000, 2yo fillies, 6f

1. #10 Pinata 12-1: Nice value on Graph Racing purchase from Miller
2. #6 Coco Belle 4-1: Moss "maiden" lough against Baffert beastess in debut
A. #9 Holly Torque Tango 9-2: Love fact Koriner red "dueled, prevailed"
B. #8 Thru n' Thru 2-1: Baffert 'Belle' beater better beware bounce

Waiting for payoff, but hope you whacked the Pinata!!

Bogey
07-01-2006, 09:22 PM
No Sleep for Gary Contessa outdueled the Ass Man's Capeside Lady in the Iowa Distaf Breeders Cup. Great stretch duel. Contessa just interviewed and he seems pretty confident about Mayan King in the Cornhusker. Well, it will be at my expense.

Cornhusker - Good Reward - Alumni Hall - Gouldings Green - Master Command.

Bogey
07-01-2006, 09:44 PM
Coach Jimi Lee with the 3peat. Dominated the field in the Iowa Sprint.

Bogey
07-01-2006, 09:49 PM
Steve, Nice call on the Iowa Sprint. That old sucker is still plenty fast.

Bogey
07-01-2006, 09:58 PM
Whoever set the morning line odds for the Cornhusker doesn't have a clue. It seems like all 13 horses are not even close to there ML odds. EX- #12 Mayan King 15-1 ML - currently 2-1 - Maybe Contessa put down all the winnings from No Sleep on him. #11 Alumni Hall - ML 7-2 - currently 13 -1.

SentToStud
07-01-2006, 09:58 PM
No Sleep for Gary Contessa outdueled the Ass Man's Capeside Lady in the Iowa Distaf Breeders Cup. Great stretch duel. Contessa just interviewed and he seems pretty confident about Mayan King in the Cornhusker. Well, it will be at my expense.

Cornhusker - Good Reward - Alumni Hall - Gouldings Green - Master Command.

Hard to believe that Mayan King is going off favored here.

Interesting race with a big field and it could get scrambled in the first turn.

I'll take both Real Dandy and Three Hr Nap to win at 6-1+ and go with a 1249 ex and tri box, hoping to benefit from the rodeo on the outside.

Bogey
07-01-2006, 10:28 PM
WOW. 45 and change and nobody comes to challenge him? Siphon City looked like Ghostzapper tonight. Congrats to Dan Hurtak a very good trainer.

SentToStud
07-01-2006, 10:35 PM
WOW. 45 and change and nobody comes to challenge him? Siphon City looked like Ghostzapper tonight. Congrats to Dan Hurtak a very good trainer.

Nice run. Good day for Calder based horses, trainers, jocks...

Miesque's Approval... Wolfson... Castro. Now this guy.

Lots of backstretch bumping.

Kasept
07-02-2006, 08:47 AM
The holiday weekend got into a rolling swing Saturday, as several nice plays resulted in a quality afternoon. Focusing on Pine Island and eliminating Teammate and Joint Effort from the Mother Goose resulted in a fine trifecta ($262) that got the day off on the right foot.

In the Gr. I event, Bushfire stamped herself as something truly special with yet another impressive top shelf win for Eddie Kenneally. The Shug-Phipps filly was equally charming in just her third career start, and immediately figures in the Distaff picture as does any good bearer of the black silks and cherry cap...

Invasor (our 3rd choice) was every bit as good in the Suburban as he was in the Pimlico Special, and we felt foolish for thinking that the K-Mc trainee might "bounce". Fernando Jara added a handicap classic to go with his Belmont win aboard the 3.5 year old Candy Stripes bay, and Ramon Dominguez, who chose to ride Sweet Talker in California, may have a hard time getting the mount back.

At Monmouth, minutes before McLaughlin saddled Invasor, his brother Neil sent Henny Hughes (top choice) on a public workout in the Gr. III Jersey Shore. The son of Hennessy has now never been worse than 2nd in 7 career outings, with 6 of them stakes (7/4-3-0), and his 1:08+ performance here sends a shot across the bow of the entire Sprint Division. As McLaughlin told us Friday on "At the Races and Beyond", Henny Hughes will now point for Saratoga's Amsterdam and Gr. I King's Bishop with an eye towards November's Breeders' Cup at Churchill.

Elsewhere, Pommes Frites (top choice) was an easy winner for Bill Mott and Jose Santos in the Dr. Penny at PHA; Funny Cide found the winner's circle in the Gr. III Dominion Day at Woodbine, his first stakes score since the '04 JCGC, and pushed his career earnings towards $3.5MM; Marty Wolfson propelled Charlotte Weber's Miesque's Approval (top choice) to another quality stakes victory in the Firecracker at Churchill as the seven year old horse makes his way to a stud career; and at Arlington, Ronny Werner's maiden winner Kingship (7-1, 4th choice) survived a photo with Gary Tanaka's Proudinsky (2nd choice) in the Arlington Classic.

Hollywood's enormous weekend started well with a thrilling stretch duel between Jerry Hollendorfer's Somethingaboutlaura and Doug O'Neill's Maryfield, with the former prevailing in the snapshot. 15-1 Allswellthatnswell was third giving us the $41 straight trifecta. The Cash Call was all Japanese invader Dance in the Mood (2nd choice), as Sweet Talker (top choice) could just not get to the runaway in the rich event. The afternoon ended on a high, as Graph Racing's Pinata (top choice) scored from off the pace in the Landaluce at 7-1. After the scratch of Coco Belle, we pointed you to the exacta with Holly Torque Tango second.

The long day of racing wrapped up in Des Moines with a 5th 'on top' winner in Coach Jimi Lee gaining his third straight Iowa Sprint for ATRAB Preview guest Jimmy Divito. The $80 tri was there for you with Bishop Court Hill (3rd choice) and Brooker (2nd choice) following the gelding home. It would have been nice to end the night with one more big score in the Cornhusker, but of all the speed signed on, winner Siphon City was not the one we expected to run huge. Danny Hurtak's 23-1 shot ignited tote fireworks, with Three Hour Nap (2nd choice, $238 exacta), Gouldings Green (5th choice, $1,815 tri) and Good Reward (top choice, $6,050 super) following.

All in all, a pretty good Saturday in 12 races:

6 "on top" winners ($8.40, $5.20, $16.40, $2.80, $2.80, $3.20)
Mother Goose EX/TRI Boxes ($73.50, $262.50)
Firecracker EX Key ($9.40)
AP Classic EX Box ($102.00)
A Gleam EX/TRI Straight ($11.60, $43.80)
Cash Call EX Box ($32.80)
Landaluce EX Key ($54.20)
Iowa Sprint EX/TRI Keys ($18.40, $80.00)

We'll go for the gusto again today with all kinds of giveaways offered at Hollywood and a carryover adding to the guaranteed EX, TRI, P3's and P4's on the card, as well as the Poker and Astoria at BEL and Stars and Stripes at AP...

Hope you did well Saturday!

SELECTIONS: Sunday, July 2

BELMONT PARK:

8th: The 100th Astoria (L), $100,000, 2yo fillies, 5.5f

1. #1 Octave 2-1: $250k Pletcher baby came off pace in debut at 4.5
2. #7 Cool the Economy 6-1: Violette maiden chestnut rallied of poor break
A. #3 One Tough Belle 8-1: 2nd Pletch player only one here to do trip
B. #5 She's Roughin It 3-1: Asmussen Forest Camp owns experience edge

9th: The 22nd Poker H'cap (Gr. II), $100,000, 3+, 1m-T

1. #2 Remarkable News 5-2: 5 of 7 lifetime; broke maiden this trip, course
2. #1 Woodlander 12-1: Grabbing price on horse for course with hustling Coa
A. #6 Around the Cape 3-1: Mott-Live Oak player another with win this lawn
B. #4 T.D. Vance 6-1: Add Motion-Adam bay that gave us huge '05 HOF win

ARLINGTON PARK:

8th: 75th Stars and Stripes BC Turf H'cap (Gr. III), $200,000, 3+, 12f-T

1. #4 ASCERTAIN 9-2: Rare 'Best Bet' type from us.. Looks well spotted
2. #6 Silver Whistle 5-2: Everywhere grass course you look, there's Bill Mott
A. #1 Dontbotherknocking 12-1: Closer owns back class; Circling to good one
B. #1 Dreadnaught 3-1: Can't be counted on for more than minor share

HOLLYWOOD PARK:

3rd: ($200k P3) 65th Vanity H'cap (Gr. I), $300,000, F&M-3+, 9f

1. #7 Hollywood Story 4-1: I can't help myself with this mare; Adore her
2. #5 Star Parade 2-1: Vienna's tough bitch due for another good try
A. #4 Proposed 3-1: Encino/Milady winner emerging as top Cali cruiser
B. #3 Freakin Streakin 10-1: Canani poised for big day; "We're streakin'"

5th: 67th American Inv'l H'cap (Gr. II), 3+, 9f-T

1. #2 The Tin Man 2-1: What can you say about 8yo trouper? One mo' time..
2. #6 Fourty Niners Son 5-2: Drysdale runner came off shelf strong prepping
A. #7 Hendrix 5-1: Sky-kisser has been short in previous graded tries
B. #3 Willow O Wisp 3-1: Cerin's multiple black type earner must fend Tin Man

6th: ($1mm P6/carry) Alw/N1x, 3yo, 8.5f

A fabulous 3yo ALW featuring some serious horseflesh moving forward.. Tough way to start the P6..

1. #1 Really Indian 3-1: Highly regarded Drysdale colt saves all the ground
2. #3 Fighting City Hall 9-2: Mullins Cal-bred 6/3-2-0-1
A. #10 Park Him on Broadway 5-1: NY-bred draws poorly but figures close
B. #8 Tatsuji 5-1: Shirreffs great these layoffs; Moss colt had Derby buzz

Longshot exotics value: #2 Spunky Harry 15-1

7th: OC/N2X, 3+, 7.5f

1. #9 County 7-2: Drysdale stalker cuts back; Needs to go
2. #5 Secret Ridge 12-1: Price an overlay on slick Lobo; Note improved post
A. #11 Bonus Pack 5-1: $600k earner has kept good company; Court suits
B. #2 Swiss Address 6-1: Harrington red good in da hood; 5/3-1-0 here

8th: ($250k EX/TRI; $400k P4) 5th American Oaks (Gr. I), $750,000, 3yo fillies, 10f-T

1. #6 Foxysox 6-1: Gaines under-appreciated; Red can stalk and pounce
2. #5 Attima 2-1: Canani pointed for this, but plenty of speed signed on
A. #2 Sol Mi Fa 8-1: Like the tactics and move to PVal; Value player for it all
B. #7 Wait a While 5-2: Quality 'Oaks' filly broke maiden lawn; Faces company

9th: ($250k EX/TRI) 55th Triple Bend Inv'l H'cap (Gr. I), $300,000, 2+, 7f

1. #3 Publication 4-1: 7yo Petitionville gelding last Gr. win? 9/01.. Why not?
2. #6 Siren Lure 3-1: High percentage Sherman and Solis work magic
A. #7 Unfurl the Flag 6-1: Defending champ working lights out; 2nd off break
B. #4 Tricky Trevor 7-2: Tired of Hollendorfer front-runner beating me

10th: 9th Flawlessly (L), $100,000, 3yo fillies, 1m-T

1. #5 Soothsay 6-1: Nice tote on Cassidy bay that chased Sol Mi Fa last
2. #2 Silly Little Mama 5-1: McFarlane changed surface, tactics in stake win
A. #7 Tiz a Gem 6-1: Cal-bred was stakes-placed as maiden; OK in lawn bow
B. #4 Hill of Grace 8-1: Hunch play as Gallagher goes to Espo; 5 of 9 together

11th: Cal-bred MSW, 3+, 6.5f

1. #1 Marquis Form 7-2: Low % conditioner adds blinks; Colt's been close
2. #7 Sixcess 6-1: Ellis adds gogles to package; Corey his "A" jock too
A. #9 Yenisey River 15-1: Note runs in No Cal open events; Adds Norberto
B. #11 Tizmet 8-1: Debuted in stake; Exits pair of key races

Longshot exotic value: #8 Berate 12-1: Working well for debut

< $150 P6 Play: (Brutally tough sextet..)

6: 1-3
7: 5-9
8: 2-6
9: 3-4-7
10: 5
11: 1-8-9

2x2x2x3x1x3 = 72 x $2 = $144

Enjoy ANOTHER great day of racing..
Good luck..
Steve

hoovesupsideyourhead
07-02-2006, 10:07 AM
steve ..great job..on the stakes...

PSH
07-02-2006, 10:39 AM
Steve:

I assume that your reference to AP stakes race on Sunday and your top selection as a rare best bet is a selection that you feel particularly strong about on top. As you state, i have not previously seen this type of labeling before.

Horse just won an allowance race at CD in a good time at a distance and appears will relish the 1 1/2 mile distance on the turf at AP.

Best of luck,

Paul

SCUDSBROTHER
07-02-2006, 01:06 PM
Kasept,it is HOT again today in "da hood."

SCUDSBROTHER
07-02-2006, 04:45 PM
Kasept,used your top play at Arl in the Stars n Stripes to win.Then used it 2nd to everybody (except the 2 chalks.) I JUST NEVER GET PAID WHEN BETTING THIS JOCK.Needs to grow a set and compete much better.

Kasept
07-02-2006, 05:54 PM
Kasept,used your top play at Arl in the Stars n Stripes to win.Then used it 2nd to everybody (except the 2 chalks.) I JUST NEVER GET PAID WHEN BETTING THIS JOCK.Needs to grow a set and compete much better.

Sorry Scuds.. But don't feel too bad.. I used Major Rythem in with Ascertain in the Exacta wheel. Still shaking my head...

Danzig
07-02-2006, 05:56 PM
i'd like to see arravale do well in this race today(american oaks). never beaten on grass, and by a fave of mine, Arch. of course wants don't always translate into wins, but i'll be pulling for this gal.

SCUDSBROTHER
07-02-2006, 08:13 PM
Sorry Scuds.. But don't feel too bad.. I used Major Rythem in with Ascertain in the Exacta wheel. Still shaking my head...

Yea,we both missed out on a nice Major Rythm/Ascertain exacta. I thought Hernandez was good enough to get atleast a 2nd,but the guy just ...well the announcer there at that track has said it many times "has nothing extra," and that is as nice as I can be about it.

Scav
07-02-2006, 10:03 PM
I guess all the huge bettors at Arlington, who sit in Mr. D's (Gold Club Room) played the 2 horse in that race over all....My friend said chairs and programs were airbound.....

Kasept
07-03-2006, 06:44 AM
A brutal afternoon Sunday as everything that went right Saturday was undone... Quick glance at the Belmont P6 Carryover ($210,000) as we're off to Saratoga with partner Barry to work on preparations for this year's Carolina Barbecue and Live Oak Cafe operations...

Enjoy the day..

SELECTIONS -- Belmont Park, 7/3/06, (P6, Races 4-9)

4: Alw/N1X, F&M-3+, 1m-T

1. #1 (poe) Untuttable Gal 12-1
2. #10 Ohbeegeewhyen 8-1 2ND
A. #7 Meribel 8-1
B. #2 Southern Protocol 7-2 WON

EX BX: $211

5: MSW-NYB, F&M-3+, 6f

1. #2 Light Classic 9-5 WON
2. #5 Carrs and Stripes 4-1
A. #8 Devilishly Fast 6-1
B. #4 Follow Me Fellas 15-1

6: Mdn Clm, F&M-3+, 1m-T

1. #3 Cape Molly Ann 15-1
2. #6 Princess Langfuhr 9-2
A. #4 Coesus 7-2 WON
B. #9 Griffin Cat 8-1

7: Alw/N1X-NYB, 3+, 1m

1. #5 Determinator 5-2 WON
2. #7 Sly Diamond Jim 3-1 2ND
A. #8 Good Going Darl 5-1 3RD
B. #6 Smoke Diamond 8-1 4TH

Your basic, everyday cold Super: $408
Tri: $80

8: 1st Castle Royale (L), $65k, 3yo fillies, 8.5f-T

1. #7 Zaynab 7-2
2. #6 Miss Shop 6-1 WON
A. #8 Ebony Rose 5-1
B. #9 Kin to the Wind 15-1

9: Alw/N1X-NYB, F&M-3+, 9f-IT

1. #5 Kat's Golden Ways 5-2
2. #1 Lookin' Swell 20-1
A. #3 Theresa's Decision 20-1
B. #7 Peg's Prayer 2-1
C. #10 Shining Wood 12-1

AArrrggghh!! Beaten out of P6 by Smitty!
Conso: $125

P6 Play:

4: 1-2-7-10
5: 2
6: 3-4-6
7: 5-8
8: 6-7
9: 1-5

4x1x3x2x2x2 = 96 x $2 = $192

Good luck..
Steve

david1025
07-03-2006, 02:41 PM
I hate to say it but its probably my bad luck. yesterday was third time i used your picks(unsuccessfully all day of course)

oracle80
07-03-2006, 04:01 PM
I hate to say it but its probably my bad luck. yesterday was third time i used your picks(unsuccessfully all day of course)

Looks like Steve is alive on his ticket with the 1 and the 5.
Lans and I are alive with the 7 only. If we don't win I hope that Steve does!

skippy3481
07-03-2006, 04:06 PM
Good luck steve heres hoping the 5 comes in so i can hit the pick 4.

skippy3481
07-03-2006, 04:07 PM
oracle i have the 5-7 in my pick 4 for 4 dollars so im rooting for both of you

oracle80
07-03-2006, 04:07 PM
I thought that Smith gave the 7 an absolutely brutal ride in her last race. She still flew home to be 2nd. Switches to Johnny V and I think she gets the job done here.

skippy3481
07-03-2006, 04:09 PM
Hey oracle, for some reason the pick 6 will pays wont come up what does it pay for the 5-7

SentToStud
07-03-2006, 04:10 PM
I thought that Smith gave the 7 an absolutely brutal ride in her last race. She still flew home to be 2nd. Switches to Johnny V and I think she gets the job done here.

good luck here. honk for Donk.

oracle80
07-03-2006, 04:11 PM
Hey oracle, for some reason the pick 6 will pays wont come up what does it pay for the 5-7
I can't get them up either. They had tote glitch after the 8th race with a delay in posting the prices. They won't show the pik-6 or pik-4 prices which is quite strange and lousy. Its nice to know how much you are screaming for.

SentToStud
07-03-2006, 04:13 PM
I can't get them up either. They had tote glitch after the 8th race with a delay in posting the prices. They won't show the pik-6 or pik-4 prices which is quite strange and lousy. Its nice to know how much you are screaming for.

1. 37.9k
5. 7.7k
7. 4.3k

skippy3481
07-03-2006, 04:14 PM
37,000 for the 1
7,000 for the 4
4,000 for the 7

skippy3481
07-03-2006, 04:17 PM
GOod luck guys i hope 2 of us win.

saratoga chuck
07-03-2006, 05:52 PM
just a quick shout out for a great day of handicaping- singled the 5 in the last to trim my ticket- wired by smitty?????????? go figure:(

maybe have some fireworks for you at Belmont tomorrow - Marquet Desire in the 2nd!

late

Kasept
07-03-2006, 07:06 PM

Yikes.. Sorry David.. Where were you Saturday? Or today.. It's funny because my buddy Martin seems to always play along with my tabs on off days... You kind of have to just plunge and commit and play 'em regularly I guess. Or wait till you see that I have an off day and then get on board. I seem to come back very well after an off day.

Was busy at Saratoga all day and just saw today's BEL results... A great day, but beat in the nightcap for the $12,000 P6 on a $192 ticket (Conso was $128)... The 4th race exacta ($210) and 7th race STRAIGHT superfecta ($400.. plus the $80 tri) I hope compensates for anyone who was buried Sunday by the rough outing. Plus, the 4-5-6 ($87) and 5-6-7 ($45) Pick 3's there too using the P6 plays...

I'll keep trying to send you home with a wad of cake!

Kasept
07-03-2006, 07:08 PM

Haven't seen the race as I was at SRC all day, but I guess all of us go home muttering..

Thx to you and Mike for the well-wishes...

Kasept
07-03-2006, 07:09 PM
just a quick shout out for a great day of handicaping- singled the 5 in the last to trim my ticket- wired by smitty?????????? go figure:(

maybe have some fireworks for you at Belmont tomorrow - Marquet Desire in the 2nd!

late

Chuck..

My pleasure.. Thx. I'm glad you did well. There were some nice numbers off the 4th and 7th especially... I'll hop on Marquet tomorrow!

bulllea
07-03-2006, 07:42 PM
Kasept, nice handicapping the pick 6 at Belmont. Hope you played the ticket.

skippy3481
07-03-2006, 10:50 PM
Steve, Easy lead+ easy fractions= no one is going to catch you . Just one of those races where the other speed horses never got there and while the 5 was moving, no way it got there in time. Not sure what happened to the 7. Saved ground on the first turn by cutting over and just never came back.

onebadbeast
07-04-2006, 01:03 AM
hey steve, good picks today. but i guarantee if i play them you will never win. i wish the stars would aline and we could all win. are you going to do picks for del mar this year?? am headed there in a few weeks.

Kasept
07-04-2006, 04:42 AM
hey steve, good picks today. but i guarantee if i play them you will never win. i wish the stars would aline and we could all win. are you going to do picks for del mar this year?? am headed there in a few weeks.

OBB,

You've got it half right.. If I play them, YOU won't win!

I'll do a little Del Mar, but mostly I'll be doing Saratoga.. On Monday's ATRAB's I'll look at whatever appeals for the Toga off day (Tuesday). I've never had success historically 'where the surf meets the turf', and there will be guys here banging Del Mar on a daily basis... I'll demure to their expertese, and you should too...

Kasept
07-07-2006, 06:11 AM
While we would love to have continued the holiday break until next week or at least the Saturday Stakes, having the extra two days to look at the Friday Belmont Carryover card proved irresistable.

The four day July 4th cap-fest ended on a high note with alternating performances between Friday night at Prairie Meadows and Monday at Belmont. Friday and Sunday were lousy, Saturday and Monday were great... Hope you picked the "right" days to play along with us!

This afternoon's Belmont P6 comes up quite tough with four turf events, two being state bred maiden specials... We're not entirely sure the P6 is "worth" playing, even with the $81,000 pool coming, as the individual races look very attractive as stand alone wagering opportunities, but we'll provide a bargain play anyhow...

SELECTIONS -- BEL, 7/7 (R4-9)

4: NYB-MSW, F&M-3+, 1m-T

1. #1 Wicked Love 6-1: Gets GoGo; Paired last and should move forward
2. #6 Sweet Corredor 4-1: Showed marked improvement 1st sod, off break
A. #5 Zip Stream 12-1: Much better on lawn; Has posted poor last 4
B. #10 Clear Heels 20-1: Grabbing tote on another much better turfing

NOTE: #4 Fairytale Story (2-1) is obvious here and needs to be used in your multis, but may be vulnerable off the layoff...

5: Clm, 4+, 9f-IT

1. #1 Victory Circle 6-1: May not like warming Serpe above, but do here
2. #6 Mikethemoondog 9-2: Cross out off turf try and Tagg trainee fits
A. #2e Contessa entry 9-2: Hard to ignore Gallopin' Gary with Corny, Eibar
B. #9 Jockey's Dream 4-1: Frankel takes off blinks, puts on Gomez

NOTE: #8 Peace Emblem is a use if he goes.. Scratch candidate for Saturday try..

LONGSHOT WATCH: #5 Stage Classic (30-1) is part of rebuilding Pederson's string, and though long in the tooth, has back figs that make him competitive for tote boost underneath if Jen has him dialed in. Capable conditioner likely out to prove herself anew, and finds Jara for this opp...

6: NYB-OC/N2X, F&M-3+, 6.5f

1. #4 Little Miss Zip 2-1: Best on paper and likely in flesh for Puglisi, Klesaris
2. #6 What's Your Point 9-2: Highly-skilled Pecararo tabs Johnny V (50% J-T)
A. #1 Girl in Uniform 3-1: Purdy-bred came back nice in slop romp for Rice
B. #8 Cassette Case 6-1: Consistent check earner for Lake rarely off board

7: Clm, F&M-3+, 6f-IT

1. #6 Town Charmer 6-1: Lost Pablo last time; Most likely to "run her race"
2. #9 Loves to Peak 6-1: Contessa 17% with new trainees; gets Morales
A. #3 Brooke Haley 10-1: Tony D. goes to Johnny V., a rare request
B. #1 Diana Rose 10-1: My man Sciacca having good meet; Exotics booster

NOTE: #4 Classic Expression (5-2) adds another element to what makes this a hard P6. Like Fairytale Story, comes back at a low tab and while capable and a multi race-must use, appears beatable.

8: The Ziggy's Boy (L), $65,000, 3yo's, 6f

1. #4 Fabulous Strike 5-2: Philly Flash accounted well in Gr. I Woody
2. #6 Urban Guy 6-1: Tried in Gr. III Jacobs; Tough in this type of stake
3. #5 Luxembourg 3-1: Game third to Bernardini in Gr. III Withers

NOTE: #1 Saint Daimon (7-2) wheels back in 6 days, classic Allen Jerkens move, after viewing Henny Hughes' tail from 10 in the Gr. III Jersey Shore.

9: NYB-MSW, 3+, 8.5f-T

1. #5 Saturday's Cat 6-1: Romans been trying to get Purdy-bred onto lawn
2. #1 Gold Key 3-1: Note Sacco blew out debut placer in mud; Shows intent
A. #4 Not on My Turf 7-2: Potential fave 2nd in lone turf try; Hill to Gomez
B. #9 One Goodnight 8-1: Hertler-Jara solid together; Red has sought sod

LONGSHOT ALERT: #7 Anxious Contender (30-1): Good 'ol Mike Shevy can spring upsets, and repeat of this Flying Zee-bred's September '05 mud-to-turf effort could put him in the super at a likely huge number.

NOTE: Should #12 Conrad's Crossing draw in, Hauswald gelding becomes an immediate player for all the money.

Bargain P6 Play:

4: 1-4-5-6
5: 1-6
6: 1-4-6
8: 4-6
9: 5

4x2x3x1x2x1 = 48 x $2 = $96

$5 Grand Slam:

5: 1
6: 4
8: 1-4-5-6

1x1x1x4 = 4 x $5 = $20

$1 P4:

6: 1-4-6
7: 3-4-6-9
8: 4
9: 1-4-5-9

3x4x1x4 = $48

Good luck!
Steve

Kasept
07-07-2006, 03:43 PM
A $540 Super and $180 Tri to start the afternoon.. As suggested, the individual races in this sequence may be more lucrative than trying for the big score... To quote Joe Jackson, "so there goes your proof.." Key here obviously was including the 22-1 exotics booster Zip Stream (5)..

hoovesupsideyourhead
07-07-2006, 04:13 PM
A $540 Super and $180 Tri to start the afternoon.. As suggested, the individual races in this sequence may be more lucrative than trying for the big score... To quote Joe Jackson, "so there goes your proof.." Key here obviously was including the 22-1 exotics booster Zip Stream (5)..
wow your long shot just busted out the pick 6 congrats

Kasept
07-07-2006, 04:13 PM
We're not entirely sure the P6 is "worth" playing, even with the $81,000 pool coming, as the individual races look very attractive as stand alone wagering opportunities..

1. #1 Victory Circle 6-1: May not like warming Serpe above, but do here
2. #6 Mikethemoondog 9-2: Cross out off turf try and Tagg trainee fits
A. #2e Contessa entry 9-2: Hard to ignore Gallopin' Gary with Corny, Eibar
B. #9 Jockey's Dream 4-1: Frankel takes off blinks, puts on Gomez

LONGSHOT WATCH: #5 Stage Classic (30-1) is part of rebuilding Pederson's string, and though long in the tooth, has back figs that make him competitive for tote boost underneath if Jen has him dialed in. Capable conditioner likely out to prove herself anew, and finds Jara for this opp...

And more proof that this was a good day to focus on the races and not the P6, though it will not surprise me a lick if there are many still alive after this 39-1 score by Jara. If I noticed this horse, the deep ticket slicksters certainly did..

hoovesupsideyourhead
07-07-2006, 04:18 PM
really expected more from the two ...choked down then a wide run

Kasept
07-07-2006, 04:31 PM
With the way they went up front, no one behind the Frankel had a shot... Heady ride by Jara who seemed to give Stage Classic a breather mid-race. Winner's back figs utterly fit with these...

blackthroatedwind
07-07-2006, 04:45 PM
Tomorrow's Pick-6 is IMPOSSIBLE and I challenge anyone to hit it for under $2K. And it is probably very tough for $5K.

I am alive 2 x 1 x 2 for 5!

paisjpq
07-07-2006, 05:06 PM
well done steve!

Kasept
07-07-2006, 05:12 PM
SCIACCA!!

Diana Rose at 8-1!! It's a 'turn back the clock' meet for My Man Super G... You can't stop him.. you can only hope to contain him!!

Kasept
07-07-2006, 05:18 PM
Just talked to Sciacca.. He's with his son and friends at Shea for the Met game.. He didn't know Diana had won.. Said he told Desormeaux to take back and come with one run..

Downthestretch55
07-07-2006, 05:20 PM
SCIACCA!!

Diana Rose at 8-1!! It's a 'turn back the clock' meet for My Man Super G... You can't stop him.. you can only hope to contain him!!
Wow! Nice call Steve.
The #1 Diana Rose paid $18.80. Sweet!

I didn't go with this one.
You have bigger "oysters" than I do.

Kasept
07-07-2006, 05:30 PM
Wow! Nice call Steve.
The #1 Diana Rose paid $18.80. Sweet!

I didn't go with this one.
You have bigger "oysters" than I do.

Wayne,

Been betting everything Gary sends out. He's hot.. And they always pay well... As a refresher for the general populace, Gary Sciacca has won 2 Belmont meets as leading trainer and trained the first NY-bred Eclipse winner, '92 3yo champion Saratoga Dew...

Kasept
07-07-2006, 05:32 PM
Urban Guy (#6) at 7-1 in the BEL feature is insane value... The Philly flash still the likely winner (#4), but he's 4-5 and Urban Guy is RIGHT THERE with him... Plunge..

Downthestretch55
07-07-2006, 05:52 PM
Wayne,

Been betting everything Gary sends out. He's hot.. And they always pay well... As a refresher for the general populace, Gary Sciacca has won 2 Belmont meets as leading trainer and trained the first NY-bred Eclipse winner, '92 3yo champion Saratoga Dew...

Thanks for the heads-up Steve,
Now I'm taking a much closer look at his #5a in the 4th tomorrow, Elusive Image.
Good info!
Wayne (DTS)

GenuineRisk
07-07-2006, 05:59 PM
Steve, are you planning on posting thoughts on the Saturday Belmont card? I'm hoping to go to the track tomorrow. Last time I went, I copied down your thoughts on the card, and compared them with what I picked, and found it sooo informative and helpful (I'm still very much a novice and this is mostly practice at this point. Mostly). If not, no worries. It's been fun following the Friday races and seeing what you'd selected. I love the good days!

Kasept
07-07-2006, 06:02 PM
Steve, are you planning on posting thoughts on the Saturday Belmont card? I'm hoping to go to the track tomorrow. Last time I went, I copied down your thoughts on the card, and compared them with what I picked, and found it sooo informative and helpful (I'm still very much a novice and this is mostly practice at this point. Mostly). If not, no worries. It's been fun following the Friday races and seeing what you'd selected. I love the good days!

GR..

Just starting to look at it now.. Will post by early a.m... Good luck tomorrow. Should be a beautiful day and it's a deep, competitive card...

SB

Kasept
07-07-2006, 06:21 PM

1. #5 Saturday's Cat 6-1: Romans been trying to get Purdy-bred onto lawn
2. #1 Gold Key 3-1: Note Sacco blew out debut placer in mud; Shows intent
A. #4 Not on My Turf 7-2: Potential fave 2nd in lone turf try; Hill to Gomez
B. #9 One Goodnight 8-1: Hertler-Jara solid together; Red has sought sod

LONGSHOT ALERT: #7 Anxious Contender (30-1): Good 'ol Mike Shevy can spring upsets, and repeat of this Flying Zee-bred's September '05 mud-to-turf effort could put him in the super at a likely huge number.

Put this 60-1 shot in your watch list... Three wide ALL THE WAY AROUND and looked like he got nosed for fourth... Will be a big price again next time and hits the board with an inside draw...

Assuming there's a carryover...

blackthroatedwind
07-07-2006, 06:26 PM
No, it was hit amazingly. Both the winner and best horse, obviously the 5, were live. Plus the absurd 1 and 9.

Still hunting for Greg Sacco horses to bet?

timmgirvan
07-07-2006, 07:04 PM
Steve: you are SERIOUSLY hot!! Got to be a good thing when you're in your ZONE Nice Job Looking forward to your insight on the weekends' cards!

Kasept
07-08-2006, 08:21 AM
A quality day at Belmont Friday despite whiffing on the multi-race plays... As suggested yesterday, the P6 was too arduous with the individual races looking more appealing as individual betting opportunities. That proved correct with some great prices flying around including our 5th race longshot alert play Stage Classic who lit the tote for an $81 win price! Gary Sciacca won yet again, this time with Diana Rose who paid $18.80 in the 11 horse 7th. Details below today's selections...

Saturday has the Gr. I Prioress, and we're all over KMc's Capote's Crown and Jimmy Ryerson's Livermore Valley there... I didn't bother with the embarassing Hollywood stakes where ther Swaps drew 4 and the Gold Cup 5. It's pathetic.

The United Nations got in under the Jersey budget wrangling wire, and we glance at the famed race that used grace this country's best grass course at Atlantic City...

Enjoy what looks like a beautiful summer day!
Steve

SELECTIONS -- BELMONT, 7/8 (R5-9)

A very contentious card todat at Big Sandy.. Spread wide and don't be afraid of long prices.. they're your friend!

5th: MSW, F&M-3+, 6f

7 firsters and a consistent quitter in likely fave Endless Virtue...

1. #1 Mrs. Anna B 7-2: Terranova's fast a.m. Five Star Day (24% FTS) bay
2. #9 April Storm 4-1: Clement unveils Overbrook Storm Cat homebred
A. #5 Morning Jewel 12-1: KMc bay by Awesome Again from Adena
B. #6 Endless Virtue 5-2: 8/0-5-2 record says underneath only

6th: NYB-MSW, 3+, 6f-IT

1. #5 My Apology 3-1: Lightly raced Dutrow gelding cuts back from 9 to 6
2. #8 Strikeuptheblues 5-2: Bush bay chased winners; 10 hole cost him last
A. #1 Almaviva 6-1: Thunder Rumble colt popped, stopped first lawn try
B. #4 General Congress 10-1: Lostrito bay's two best efforts came on lawn

LONGSHOT ALERT: #3 Quite Continental (15-1) makes 16th start and showed signs of life off long break last out in Philly. Krebs hits 22% 2nd of layoffs...

7th: MSW, 3+, 6f-IT

1. #3 Kal El 5-1: 4yo Kelly Kip son perked up in grass bow; Wire job?
2. #2 Mach Three 6-1: 2nd Clement-Overbrook of day makes it a close shave
A. #1 Kingoftheknight 4-1: Stone closer from Dutrow may not get ideal set up
B. #6 Thought Leader 5-2: Saint Ballado red now with Godolphin; Away a year

LONGSHOT ALERT: Dizney-bred/owned #7 American Revolution from Mott is overlaid like crazy at 12-1... Has drilled 26f stoutly since 5/20 comebacker, and isn't far off top tabs at top of game... Use.

8th: OC/N1X, 3+, 6f

1. #2 Cool Spring Saint 3-1: Hard to get past stalking Levine-Coa candidate
2. #6 Moon's Halo 9-2: West Point bay chased Samurai, Exc. Qual, Songster
A. #9 Strummer 15-1: Tote atttractive on Bush NY-bred Winkfield winner
B. #8 Azul Da Guanabara 8-1: Brazilian via Dubai gets Lasix; Drilling sharp

9th: PRIORESS BREEDERS CUP (Gr. I), $250,000, 3yo fillies, 6f

1. #5 Capote's Crown 3-1: Desormeaux gets along great with KMc's BEL lover
2. #8 Livermore Valley 10-1: Grab tab on Ryerson gal never off board career
A. #1 Silvestris 6-1: Albertrani getting sustained efforts from sprinters
B. #4 Wildcat Bettie B 5-1: Must avoid regression, but respect Jones a bunch

10th: NYB-Alw/N1X, 3+, 6f-IT

1. #3 Cozadoro 15-1: Inviting num on cutback player with two best on lawn
2. #4 Bagavond 8-5: Hard to love at odds-on with speed aplenty signed on
A. #7 One Day Soon 15-1: Stunning $ available on closer that jumped on sod
B. #5 Sigh You 10-1: Note two best efforts came turfing; Can sit trip off pace

LONGSHOT ALERT/SUPER ADD-IN: #6 Prince Billy (20-1) would be a helpful addition to the bottom of exotics...

P4 Play:

7: 1-2-3-6-7
8: 2-6
9: 5
10: 3-4-5

5x2x1x3 = $30

Good luck today!
Steve

RESULTS -- BEL, 7/7 (R4-9)

Great start to the day as Zip Stream nabs third at 22-1 making the tri ($187) and Super ($540) work.. The 4 we used in the sextet WAS the Super, and lear Heels was 5th!

4: NYB-MSW, F&M-3+, 1m-T

1. #1 Wicked Love 6-1: 2nd @ 3-1
2. #6 Sweet Corredor 4-1: 4th @ 2-1
A. #5 Zip Stream 12-1: 3rd @ 22-1
B. #10 Clear Heels 20-1: 5th @ 14-1

NOTE: #4 Fairytale Story (2-1) is obvious here and needs to be used in your multis, but may be vulnerable off the layoff: WINS @ 2-1

We offered the longshot alert on winner Stage Classic after dropping him from the selections in favor of Bobby Frankel's Jockey's Dream. When asked why we sometimes offer up as many as 5 horses, a race like this is the perfect example...

1. #1 Victory Circle 6-1: 8th @ 5-1
2. #6 Mikethemoondog 9-2: 2nd @ 7-2
A. #2e Contessa entry 9-2: 4th & 6th @ 11-2
B. #9 Jockey's Dream 4-1: 3rd @ 3-1

LONGSHOT WATCH: #5 Stage Classic (30-1) is part of rebuilding Pederson's string, and though long in the tooth, has back figs that make him competitive for tote boost underneath if Jen has him dialed in. Capable conditioner likely out to prove herself anew, and finds Jara for this opp: WINS @ 39-1

EX: $477
TRI: $3,008

6: NYB-OC/N2X, F&M-3+, 6.5f

This one eludes us as Naveah (10-1) runs by our 8-1-4 triple... Cassette Case continues great run of performances runing 2nd. She ever seems to miss hitting the board...

1. #4 Little Miss Zip 2-1: 4th @ 2-1
2. #6 What's Your Point 9-2: 7th @ 4-1
A. #1 Girl in Uniform 3-1: 3rd @ 2-1
B. #8 Cassette Case 6-1: 2nd @ 7-1

7: Clm, F&M-3+, 6f-IT

We bet Our Man Sciacca who wins his 9th of the meet with Diana Rose while in the parking lot at Shea Stadium taking his son to the Mets game! Classic Expression is just a notch below Fairytale Story doing the comeback thing finishing 2nd to nab the decent $111 exacta for you.

1. #6 Town Charmer 6-1: 5th @ 7-1
2. #9 Loves to Peak 6-1: 11th @ 19-1
A. #3 Brooke Haley 10-1: 6th @ 2-1
B. #1 Diana Rose 10-1: WINS @ 17-2

NOTE: #4 Classic Expression (5-2) adds another element to what makes this a hard P6. Like Fairytale Story, comes back at a low tab and while capable and a multi race-must use, appears beatable: 2nd @ 4-1

8: The Ziggy's Boy (L), $65,000, 3yo's, 6f

Philly flash is Fabulous indeed wiring the Ziggy's Boy... This is a quality runner.

1. #4 Fabulous Strike 5-2: WINS @ 4-5
2. #6 Urban Guy 6-1: 4th @ 10-1
3. #5 Luxembourg 3-1: 2nd @ 3-2

NOTE: #1 Saint Daimon (7-2) wheels back in 6 days, classic Allen Jerkens move, after viewing Henny Hughes' tail from 10 in the Gr. III Jersey Shore: 3rd @ 9-1

Gomez may have been the difference getting a dream trip on winner "Turf", but Romans' Saturday's Cat was likely "best" of this nightcap... A $25 exacta ends the good day, but we were most pleased with another good effort from Longshot Alert candidate Anxious Contender. Mike Shevy's gelding, at 60-1, ran his heart out from the 10 hole three wide all the way around. He couldn't hang on to juice the Super, but is a bet-back with a move to a better post next time.

1. #5 Saturday's Cat 6-1: 2nd @ 5-1
2. #1 Gold Key 3-1: 6th @ 3-1
A. #4 Not on My Turf 7-2: WINS @ 3-2
B. #9 One Goodnight 8-1: 4th @ 10-1

LONGSHOT ALERT: #7 Anxious Contender (30-1): Good 'ol Mike Shevy can spring upsets, and repeat of this Flying Zee-bred's September '05 mud-to-turf effort could put him in the super at a likely huge number: 5th @ 60-1!

onebadbeast
07-08-2006, 12:15 PM
I Just Read Your Bio On Atrab And Didnt Know You Had Met Joe Namath! He Is My Boyhood Idol And The Best Qb Ever. I Would Like To Ask Him About His Brady Bunch Appearance Show. Keep Picking The Winners, Joe

Kasept
07-09-2006, 08:11 AM
An agonizing and frustrating Saturday at Belmont as we were inches away from all kinds of nice hits... There was success, but we didn't take advantage of opportunities like we needed to. The most glaring was the omission of Wild Gams from the Prioress. Silvestris and Capote's Crown (shockingly), were awful, while Wildcat Bettie B (Jonesy strikes again!) and Livermore Valley ran to expectation. Using 'Gams' in the tri box would have produced the $1,500 triple... Ugh.. (Results below Sunday's selections...)

There's a carryover of $63,000, which could have been monsterous had the Friday pool not been surprisingly taken down with the assorted big prices... We don't have a great feeling for this sextet as they feature too many turf races to generate a narrow P6 ticket. Here's a glance at the afternoon's affairs...

(NOTE: The featured 9th today at Churchill is the 1st Bet on Sunshine.. Bet on Sunshine was a great gelding sprinter that was murder at the Downs and finished third in the Breeders Cup Sprint twice (2000, 1997). The performance in the '00 dash at 20-1 helped us nab a $2,100 trifecta when we keyed Kona Gold over Honest Lady, 'Sunny', More Than Ready and Caller One.. the top 5 finishers and a big part of our best day ever at a racetrack... So here's a tip o' the cap to a trouper of a horse who had a great career and is certainly worthy of having a race named in his honor!)

SELECTIONS -- Belmont Park, 7/9/06 (R4-9, P6, P4, P3's, Grand Slam, DD)

4th: MSW, F&M-3+, 6f-IT

1. #10 Left Me Breathless 3-1: Gomez must navigate; red just missed in debut
2. #7 Lemon Drop Cello 5-1: Hoping for better price on new Toner acquisition
A. #6 Averinsky 12-1: Note O'Brien's ITM numbers; Danger on repeat of last
B. #11 Dowell House 7-2: Many have awaited this debut; Draw compromises

LONGSHOT ALERT: #3 PRINCESS GLACKEN 12-1: Not thrilled that Mr. Jerkens goes to Chantal here, though they click 21%, but filly is fast enough if lawn proves to her liking...

5th: ALW/N2X, F&M=3+, 1m-T

1. #7 Masseuse 2-1: Toner again; 'Rooting against' but can't 'stand against'
2. #2 Cologne 4-1: Big try last went for naught; Capable on repeat
A. #5 Quikfire 9-5: Frankel, Juddmonte, Johnny V...
B. #1 (poe) Mpenzi 15-1: Big tab on sneaky Pregman getting 'FTL'

6th: Clm, 4+, 6f

1. #9 Catch My Cat 8-1: Araya enjoying meet; Got off effort out of way last
2. #10 Breezy Way 12-1: Could be part of a good day for Chantal
A. #3 Say Cousin Lenny 3-1: Fan favorite back, now under Levine; Gamer
B. #4 High Stakes Holdem 7-2: Owner Rice returns $75k buy back for $14k

7th: Clm, 3yo, 1m-T

1. #7 Armament 3-1: Focus on grass tries and Harty red looks solid
2. #4 Wood Winner 4-1: Our Man Sciacca terrorizing Hempsted Ave.
A. #9 Smoke'n Cherokee 5-2: Prado stays on MC winner that just missed last
B. #5 Don'tleaveamarc 8-1: Using KO'B again who's hitting board with value

LONGSHOT ALERT: Have an interest in #1a Unbridled Bridel (20-1) who is making turf bow with poor grass debut sire. Colt is absolutely fast enough if Scettino is right about going green..

8th: 42nd LEXINGTON (Gr. III), $100,000, 3yo, 9f-IT

1. #4 To Sender 3-1: Frankel-Juddmonte-Kent; Was wide all way Gr. III last
2. #2 After Market 8-5: Storm Cat colt from Mott-Wygod done nothing wrong
3. #1e Hapsburg-Carnera 2-1: Darley pair will be winging it on front end

9th: NYB-ALW/N1X, 3+, 8.5f-T

1. #1 Trick Meeting 9-5: Hate chalk in 9th, but Hough is tough; Can't dawdle
2. #5 Storm N Lightning 12-1: Schosberg gelding perked up in grass return
A. #10 Gimme Credit 8-1: Respect Tim Hills and Artax son can get away soft
B. #6 Super Nationals 9-2: Can't pass bay that hasn't missed Super in 7 tries

LONGSHOT ALERT/SUPER ADD-IN: #9 Himmarshee has spotty record and Disanto struggling. But Vicar red fits with these and has near pace style that could work..

<$100 P6:

4: 6-7-10-11
5: 2-5-7
6: 9-10
8: 4
9: 1-10

4x3x2x1x1x2 = 48 x $2 = $96

$5 Grand Slam:

5: 2-7
6: 9
8: 2-4

2x1x1x2 = 4 x $5 = $20

$1 P4:

6: 9-10
7: 4-7
8: 2-4
9: 1-5-6-10

2x2x2x4 = $32

RESULTS -- BELMONT, 7/8 (R5-9):

5th: 7 firsters and a consistent quitter in likely fave Endless Virtue, and the quitter got it done by 3 over top choice Mrs. Anna B for the $30 exacta...

1. #1 Mrs. Anna B 7-2: 2nd @ 4-1
2. #9 April Storm 4-1: 6th @ 5-2
A. #5 Morning Jewel 12-1: 5th @ 12-1
B. #6 Endless Virtue 5-2: WINS @ 2-1

6th: Wanted to throw up when I discovered My Apology was a scratch, as winner Dixie Baghdad was next on the list! Strikeup and Longshot Alert Continental come 2nd/3rd for a $128 tri...

1. #5 My Apology 3-1: SCR
2. #8 Strikeuptheblues 5-2: 2nd @ 1-1
A. #1 Almaviva 6-1: 7th @ 5-1
B. #4 General Congress 10-1: 6th @ 19-1

LONGSHOT ALERT: #3 Quite Continental (15-1) makes 16th start and showed signs of life off long break last out in Philly. Krebs hits 22% 2nd of layoffs: 3rd @ 24-1

7th: This was another fist-biter as wiseguy trainer Alan Goldberg puts Winzalot over at 11-1.

1. #3 Kal El 5-1: 2nd @ 9-2
2. #2 Mach Three 6-1: 3rd @ 8-1
A. #1 Kingoftheknight 4-1: 6th @ 5-2
B. #6 Thought Leader 5-2: 9th @ 2-1

LONGSHOT ALERT: Dizney-bred/owned #7 American Revolution from Mott is overlaid like crazy at 12-1... Has drilled 26f stoutly since 5/20 comebacker, and isn't far off top tabs at top of game... Use: 5th @ 11-1

8th: Good run by price 'Azul', but leaving Oz (3rd) out costs the tri...

1. #2 Cool Spring Saint 3-1: 2nd @ 3-2
2. #6 Moon's Halo 9-2: WINS @ 5-1
A. #9 Strummer 15-1: 8th @ 17-1
B. #8 Azul Da Guanabara 8-1: 4th @ 13-1

9th: PRIORESS BREEDERS CUP (Gr. I): Subbing Wild Gams for Silvestris the difference between blah day and hayday...

1. #5 Capote's Crown 3-1: 7th @ 2-1
2. #8 Livermore Valley 10-1: 3rd @ 21-1 (STILL never off board career..)
A. #1 Silvestris 6-1: 8th @ 16-1
B. #4 Wildcat Bettie B 5-1: WINS @ 11-2 (Larry Jones is a hot ticket folks..)

10th: The third head-shaker of the day. I'd been warned that Silver Timber was turf eligible, and not including him was a fatal error as he wins impressively for Mig and Rice at 18-1... We run 2nd, 3rd, 5th and 6th with the obvious Bagavond, Cozadoro courageous on the front end at 18-1, and Longshot Alert player Prince Billy missing the Super by a nose and a half at 50-1... You see why this was an agonizing day...?

1. #3 Cozadoro 15-1: 3rd @ 18-1
2. #4 Bagavond 8-5: 2nd @ 1-1
A. #7 One Day Soon 15-1: 5th @ 21-1
B. #5 Sigh You 10-1: 10th @ 16-1

LONGSHOT ALERT/SUPER ADD-IN: #6 Prince Billy (20-1) would be a helpful addition to the bottom of exotics: 6th @ 50-1

Hickory Hill Hoff
07-09-2006, 09:13 AM
Great minds think alike! love your picks today
Do you think Crossword has a "fighters punch" in today's feature?
Also really like Breezy Way in the 6th, the "new" face versus these.
Just wished there was a superfecta in the 5th

Kasept
07-10-2006, 08:07 AM
A solid day of capping Sunday at Belmont but a bad day WAGERING... I brought it to the brink of a $480+ P4 only to let $16 stand in the way of the score leaving Smoke N' Cherokee off the $32 play. The top three in that 7th brought home the exacta and tri box, but a combined $75 payoff was small consolation when $48 would have returned the generous P4...

Here's a recap of Sunday's action...

RESULTS -- Belmont Park, 7/9/06 (R4-9, P6, P4, P3's, Grand Slam, DD)

4th: Frank Alexander's Brouhaha, 16-1, wings it on the front end of the sextet opener and no one can catch Corny V. That starts the day maddeningly as our 1-2-3 tabs are 2-3-4 chasing him!

1. #10 Left Me Breathless 3-1: 2nd @ 3-2Gomez must navigate; red just missed in debut
2. #7 Lemon Drop Cello 5-1: 3rd @ 5-1 Hoping for better price on new Toner acquisition
A. #6 Averinsky 12-1: 4th @ 9-1 Note O'Brien's ITM numbers; Danger on repeat of last
B. #11 Dowell House 7-2: 6th @ 4-1 Many have awaited this debut; Draw compromises

LONGSHOT ALERT: #3 PRINCESS GLACKEN 12-1: 7th @ 19-1 Not thrilled that Mr. Jerkens goes to Chantal here, though they click 21%, but filly is fast enough if lawn proves to her liking...

5th: Prado gets up just in time on our top pick after third choice Quikfire looks like a winner passing the entrymate of our fourth selection late. OK.. we'll take it. $101 tri...

1. #7 Masseuse 2-1:WINS @ 2-1 Toner again; 'Rooting against' but can't 'stand against'
2. #2 Cologne 4-1: 8th @ 5-1 Big try last went for naught; Capable on repeat
A. #5 Quikfire 9-5:2nd @ 2-1 Frankel, Juddmonte, Johnny V...
B. #1 (poe) Mpenzi 15-1: Entrymate 3rd # 24-1 Big tab on sneaky Pregman getting 'FTL'

6th: Catch My Cat tops 'em, but a very disturbing event as the wonderful Say Cousin Lenny breaks down. Had a nice career, was very popular in NY and deserved a better fate than this.

1. #9 Catch My Cat 8-1: WINS @ 5-2 Araya enjoying meet; Got off effort out of way last
2. #10 Breezy Way 12-1: 5th @ 24-1 Could be part of a good day for Chantal
A. #3 Say Cousin Lenny 3-1: Broke down.. RIP Lenny, and thank you! Fan favorite back, now under Levine; Gamer
B. #4 High Stakes Holdem 7-2: SCRATCHED Owner Rice returns $75k buy back for $14k

7th: The aforementioned $75 in exotics comes through, but being "penny wise, pound foolish" queers the "4"... Ugh..

1. #7 Armament 3-1: 2nd @ 3-1 Focus on grass tries and Harty red looks solid
2. #4 Wood Winner 4-1: 3rd @ 4-1 Our Man Sciacca terrorizing Hempsted Ave.
A. #9 Smoke'n Cherokee 5-2: WINS @ 2-1 Prado stays on MC winner that just missed last
B. #5 Don'tleaveamarc 8-1: 5th @ 7-1 Using KO'B again who's hitting board with value

LONGSHOT ALERT: Have an interest in #1a Unbridled Bridel (20-1) 6th @ 37-1 who is making turf bow with poor grass debut sire. Colt is absolutely fast enough if Scettino is right about going green..

8th: 42nd LEXINGTON (Gr. III) -- A very odd run by top choice To Sender who leaves awkwardly, bolts wide into the first turn, then rushes up to set hot fractions and fades. Mott's After Market stays unbeaten, while KMc's Carnera shows he has something going for him with his 2nd Gr. III placement in a row...

1. #4 To Sender 3-1: 4th @ 7-2 Frankel-Juddmonte-Kent; Was wide all way Gr. III last
2. #2 After Market 8-5: WINS @ 4-5 Storm Cat colt from Mott-Wygod done nothing wrong
3. #1a Carnera 2-1: 2nd @ 3-1 Darley pair will be winging it on front end

9th: Day ends quietly as Klesaris' One Good Man botches up what would have been a nice trifecta with Gimme Credit (3rd choice), Storm N Lightning (2nd choice) and Longshot Alert player Himmarshee (18-1) running 1-3-4...

Pick Six was not unattainable as 5 of 6 are in the mix on the day with 2 on-top winners, one second choice winner and two third choice winners...

Hope you had a good day!

1. #1 Trick Meeting 9-5: 9th @ 2-1 Hate chalk in 9th, but Hough is tough; Can't dawdle
2. #5 Storm N Lightning 12-1: 3rd @ 12-1 Schosberg gelding perked up in grass return
A. #10 Gimme Credit 8-1: WINS @ 13-2 Respect Tim Hills and Artax son can get away soft
B. #6 Super Nationals 9-2: 7th @ 7-2 Can't pass bay that hasn't missed Super in 7 tries

LONGSHOT ALERT/SUPER ADD-IN: #9 Himmarshee (12-1) 4th @ 18-1 has spotty record and Disanto struggling. But Vicar red fits with these and has near pace style that could work..

hoovesupsideyourhead
07-10-2006, 08:17 AM
a nice job stevo..i went win sec sec win sec bust...that masusse was a hell of a nice run beating my five in the last jump..