PDA

View Full Version : SUN 7/8 CD Play Race 4

Bogey
07-09-2006, 06:39 AM
What a gritty performance by English Channel to win the United Nations. Our hats go off to the little tough guy. I'm sure GPK was celebrating at Colonial Downs and it might of made a difference in his Handicapping Tournament. So, we found one play to make up for Relaxed Gesture's so so effort. Although, the pace was modest in the UN and it hindered his chances.

Churchill Downs - Race 4

#5 Almost Innocent (Ire) - Drops in class and shortens up. Having Leparoux on board also a plus. Chalky, but tough to look passed her.

with

#6 Ms. Lydona - Janks ships to CD for the 1st time this year with a mare that has hit the board in her last 7 outings.

#7 Victoire Battaille - Another solid performer with 14 ITM finishes in her 20 starts. She has been very solid versus this level.

The Play - 25 units Exactas with the 5 over the 6 and 7 = 50 units

The account is left with 452 units on the good side.

Good Racing Luck

Miller
07-09-2006, 04:57 PM
Tough Loss Bogey!!!! Hope with the scratch you ended up boxing.
More to the point. As I have mentioned before, I appreciate your style but I do have a question that deals more with money management rather than your horse selection.(which seems to be good)
Your parameters that you use for amount of units that you bet are quite wide and if possible I would appreciate your reasoning behind your approach to betting. Some posters seem to forget the importance of this skill or their comments about being tapped out are only from frustration and not from reality.

Bogey
07-09-2006, 08:59 PM
Tough loss indeed. #5 Almost Innocent had a troubled trip and didn't really challenged #7 VB. Well with the scratch of #6 the account stands at plus 477. I hope some of you had the same idea as Miller and boxed the 5 and 7 with the scratch of the 6.

Miller,

As far as money management is concern IMO it's as important as the horses you select. I go through a variety of races and only make wagers when something grabs my attention. I'm a true believer of "You can beat a race, but you can't beat the races." There are way too many horseplayers that think they can wager on everything on the board and come up on the positive side at the end of the day. I've been there before, when you lose a gutwrenching race and you just want to wager on the next race without knowing much about it. For this reason, on Breeders' Cup day they always offer another race after the Classic for those trying to get out of the hole. It's the same thing on Triple Crown days. This kind of discipline is easier said then done. My favorite wagers are doubles, PK3, PK4 because they usually offer the best value. My #1 tool in handicapping races is watching replays. IMO the internet offers every opportunity for horseplayers to be successful. Patience is the key to success and not being afraid of pulling the trigger runs a close 2nd. I hope that answered your question. If not let me know.

Good Racing Luck