PDA

View Full Version : Scud's bet of the year.

SCUDSBROTHER
07-08-2006, 10:21 PM
Betting $500 on this tonite.I had no idea it was this high(trust me,they have atleast a 50% chance of winning this division.)They shut out the Dodgers,Mariners,A's...and are leading the A's 6-0 tonite.I am not gunna miss out on this.I really don't know how they have peen playing so poorly.They are well managed by a 3 time World Champion.Their middle relief is a problem this year,but I think the starters are getting confidence from the run support.Last 8 games ...starters 1.51 era

Would put a k on them if Donnelley,and the other middle guy(Spear,or whatever )was doing better.This is a weakness.

LA Angels 8/1 to win the American League West

SCUDSBROTHER
07-08-2006, 10:40 PM
As soon as I got my money in, they took the bet down.They will put it back up at 3/1.I had my chance.Too f'n slow.Was that a coincidence,or do they have software that allows them to raise money when they need to(by offering particularly good odds on something,and then taking the bet of that customer's wagering menu(after the customer puts money in their account.)

pgardn
07-08-2006, 11:16 PM
As soon as I got my money in, they took the bet down.They will put it back up at 3/1.I had my chance.Too f'n slow.Was that a coincidence,or do they have software that allows them to raise money when they need to(by offering particularly good odds on something,and then taking the bet of that customer's wagering menu(after the customer puts money in their account.)

Since I dont bet on line Scuds how did that come down? You were ready to make the bet and it showed 3-1 instead of 8-1 so you backed out?

In other words, you made the bet, the program said OK you have 500 dollars at 3-1 and you then said CANCEL transaction cause it was at 8-1?

timmgirvan
07-09-2006, 12:18 AM
Scuds: was that Pinnacle? that sucks!

SCUDSBROTHER
07-09-2006, 12:31 AM
Scuds: was that Pinnacle? that sucks!

No,I sent you the name in a private m.I have never had any trouble with them(doesn't mean they aren't above trying to raise some money(even if they have to give it back in a week or 2.)Even the worst book I have ever used have paid me.The question has always been when(not if.)They can drag it out pretty good(tell ya it is a National Holiday in their country ETC. ETC...LOL.)

SCUDSBROTHER
07-09-2006, 07:06 AM
They put it back up at 6/1(I took it.)After I took it at 6/1,it went to 11/2.I love the way they get to start the 2nd half in Tampa,and the A's have to go to baseball hell(Boston.)Then I love all the games against K.C.,TEXAS,AND OAKLAND TO END THE SEASON.Getting rid of Senior brother Weaver=worth 5 wins.Having junior brother Weaver for a full 2nd h=priceless.Lackey is on fire.Fat Colon warming up.Santana and Escobar aren't leaders,but will pile on if the other 3 pitch well.I am worried about the middlle relief(my biggest concern...had to bring K Rod in to get out of the 8th last night..f'n Donnelley should be laying tile.)

Thu. 14 at Texas 8:05 PM FoxW Ameriquest Field Tickets
Fri. 15 at Texas 8:35 PM FoxW Ameriquest Field Tickets
Sat. 16 at Texas 8:05 PM KCOP Ameriquest Field Tickets
Sun. 17 at Texas 2:05 PM Ameriquest Field Tickets
Tue. 19 at Kansas City 8:10 PM FoxW Kauffman Stadium Tickets
Wed. 20 at Kansas City 8:10 PM FoxW Kauffman Stadium Tickets
Fri. 22 at Oakland 10:05 PM KCOP McAfee Coliseum Tickets
Sat. 23 at Oakland 4:05 PM KCOP McAfee Coliseum Tickets
Sun. 24 at Oakland 4:05 PM KCOP McAfee Coliseum Tickets
Mon. 25 Texas 10:05 PM FoxW Angel Stadium Tickets
Tue. 26 Texas 10:05 PM FoxW Angel Stadium Tickets
Wed. 27 Texas 10:05 PM FoxW Angel Stadium Tickets
Thu. 28 Oakland 10:05 PM FoxW Angel Stadium Tickets
Fri. 29 Oakland 10:05 PM FoxW Angel Stadium Tickets
Sat. 30 Oakland 10:05 PM KCOP Angel Stadium Tickets
Oct. '06 OPPONENT TIME (ET) TV LOCATION LAA PITCHER OPP. PITCHER TICKETS
Sun. 1 Oakland 3:35 PM KCOP Angel Stadium Tickets

SCUDSBROTHER
07-09-2006, 06:13 PM
AL WEST
---------------
Oakland 45- 43
Texas 45- 43
LA Angels 43- 45 - 2
Seattle 43- 46 - 2.5

8/1 YESTERDAY...6/1 LAST NIGHT....5/1 THIS MORNING...and will be 3/1 or less to win the division tomorrow morning.Even the inconsistent Santana is in gear with a nasty slider,and Shields struck out the guy who hurt him on Thursday.The Demons haunting the pitching staff are gone(except for Donnelley,and they should ship that cancer off to somebody else.)

SCUDSBROTHER
07-09-2006, 07:44 PM
Since I dont bet on line Scuds how did that come down? You were ready to make the bet and it showed 3-1 instead of 8-1 so you backed out?

In other words, you made the bet, the program said OK you have 500 dollars at 3-1 and you then said CANCEL transaction cause it was at 8-1?

NO,PAT, what happened is I didn't have money in the book(whenever I win,I usually drain it,because I think myself and most people have much better judgement when they have to deposit funds each time they bet.Similiar to people are better off paying with a check card for stuff instead of using a credit card that they can avoid paying the full amount of.)So, I put $500 into my balance.O.K.,then I went to the betting menu,and there was no longer a bet called "winner of the American League West." I just think too much money came in,and they had to take that wager down.They later adjusted to 6/1(which I took.)It then went to 11/2.Then 5/1,and now(with another huge pitching performance by 3 different pitchers)it is again not offered for betting.It will probably be offered tomorrow at 3/1.Halo pitchers have come out of their haze,and remember that they are Western Division Champions for 1 reason...PITCHING!!..Barring injuries(which is the concern always,)I will collect on this bet.They have mastered the A'S weak hitters,and get to close the season at home against them.Just that simple.My biggest nightmare would be K ROD,OR LACKEY getting hurt.I believe that Escobar is a complete follower type,and if the team is winning he will win(he could take up the slack if one of those went down.)He has a ton of talent,but is an underperformer(like I said, a follower.)It doesn't take much to create acrimony on a team.I think the early part of this season was partially ruined by one,Jeff Weaver(who has been released,or who knows what they did with the slob.)He pitched(more like threw)for the Dodgers last year.I don't think the guy is a glass half full type of guy,and I think the pitchers,and hitters kind of divided up into two camps(because of influences like this guy.)His kid brother is pitching up a storm for the same Angel team.If he was pitching poorly,I also think he would be a cancer on the team(but since he is pitching well,it is not an issue right now.)Just weird personality genes with that Weaver family. Depression possibly..don't know.

SCUDSBROTHER
07-10-2006, 11:14 AM
I have never seen such a dumb line as this one.I don't see how either Oak,or Texas can be favored over the Halos.I know the Angels are in the A's heads real badly(and they have to play the Halos to finish the season.)Halos buried them easily in the closing weeks last year.Halo pitchers have those batters figured out.Now,after the Halos had the A's pitching coach thrown out for screaming at the home plate umpire(about balls n' strikes,)the A's only get 3 days off.They have to go to Boston.Good luck with that.I guess Texas makes a little more sense(as far as winning the division,)but MARK MY WORDS.Halos will be blood feasting on Oakland in September.

OAK Athletics 4/5

TEX Rangers 13/5

LA Angels 9/2

SEA Mariners 6/1

Scav
07-10-2006, 02:25 PM
I have never seen such a dumb line as this one.I don't see how either Oak,or Texas can be favored over the Halos.I know the Angels are in the A's heads real badly(and they have to play the Halos to finish the season.)Halos buried them easily in the closing weeks last year.Halo pitchers have those batters figured out.Now,after the Halos had the A's pitching coach thrown out for screaming at the home plate umpire(about balls n' strikes,)the A's only get 3 days off.They have to go to Boston.Good luck with that.I guess Texas makes a little more sense(as far as winning the division,)but MARK MY WORDS.Halos will be blood feasting on Oakland in September.

OAK Athletics 4/5

TEX Rangers 13/5

LA Angels 9/2

SEA Mariners 6/1

Scuds, this was a great wager...I was going to play them at 18/1 to win the American League(go to World Series) but ran out of loot.....I watched every one of their games and played them in all three, them winning the last three kept me going for the weekend.....

Gander
07-10-2006, 02:44 PM
I feel very strongly that the A's will win this division but 4/5 is ridiculous as far as betting goes.

Buffymommy
07-10-2006, 02:49 PM
Think I am leaning towards the Angels. Better odds.

Gander
07-10-2006, 04:44 PM
jerret weaver is the ace of the future

LOL! I needed a good laugh.

Gander
07-10-2006, 05:04 PM
Hilarious. His brother is a real stud too.

SCUDSBROTHER
07-10-2006, 05:22 PM
Angels lost 9 games when the opposition scored 3 runs or less.I do not think that will occur in the 2nd half.Jeff Weaver will not lose 10 games for the Angels in the 2nd half(he is no longer on the team.)They've won 8 of 9.In that one loss,Shields got beat in the bottom of the 9th by a 2 run home run by Frank Thomas.Yesterday's game was very important for this team,because Shields came in and made all 3 of the Oakland hitters look like fools(including striking out Frank Thomas.)What else is gunna be different in the 2nd half of the season? Well,Colon just threw a 4 hit shut out over Seattle.That was his 1st win since last September.If Colon keeps pitching that way,look out.Even if he doesn't,they have some pitching here:

Jered Weaver 1.12 e.r.a.

Scot Shields 2.47

John Lackey 2.88

Francisco Rodriguez 2.89

Hector Carrasco 3.81

Kelvim Escobar 3.88

Ervin Santana 3.96 (youngster pitched 7 strong yesterday,and was throwing his slider better in the 7th inning than in the rest of the game.)

So,there is my justification for them taking the division.Now,on the downside they are not a strong offensive club.I think they are coming around(I especially think it is important for Figgins to keep the confidence he is showing right now at the plate.) They have not been playing good defense this year.Pitchers Donnelly,and Romero are pretty much crap.Hopefully Shields will continue to pitch like he did Sunday.These other 2 will continue to be deficits on this team.

Gander
07-10-2006, 07:56 PM
What team has Jeff Weaver cursed the most? Tigers, Yankees, Dodgers, Angels or now the Cardinals? Gosh this guy is like A Rod except for the talent. Hot head too, likes to start stuff with other players and I cant for the life of me understand why? Imagine what a guy like Jason Varitek would do to him?

SCUDSBROTHER
07-10-2006, 08:39 PM
What team has Jeff Weaver cursed the most? Tigers, Yankees, Dodgers, Angels or now the Cardinals? Gosh this guy is like A Rod except for the talent. Hot head too, likes to start stuff with other players and I cant for the life of me understand why? Imagine what a guy like Jason Varitek would do to him?

You know he does have his good pitching moments.I just can't see the guy pitching with success if he has to pitch 6/7 innings every 5 days.I think he may be useful with the nasty sidearm stuff in certain spot situations.

SCUDSBROTHER
07-11-2006, 12:15 AM
Scuds, this was a great wager...I was going to play them at 18/1 to win the American League(go to World Series) but ran out of loot.....I watched every one of their games and played them in all three, them winning the last three kept me going for the weekend.....

I saw a book Monday morning that had the Angels at 5/1,and on Monday night now it is 7/2. LOL..DOWN A FULL POINT AND A HALF. Funny thing is the odds on the A'S,MARINERS,AND RANGERS stayed the same(amazing how they only adjust one.) They probably can't CONTAIN the BOSOX,or CHISOX IN THE PLAYOFFS.So,I wouldn't bet them to go farther than winning the division.They could though if the pitching got hot(remember they didn't have a healthy Colon in the playoffs last year. )Problem is that they don't have the offense they had in 2002.

oracle80
07-11-2006, 06:03 AM
Gander please, you must have a short memory. Varitek is a gutless coward and punk and not at all a tough guy. YOu sure have a short memory Tim. Two years ago a Red Sox pitcher plunked Arod who glared back at him and "big tough Varitek followed him down the line jawing like the punk he is". Next day Sheffield gets plunked, know what your ***** hero Vartitek did when he looked at the pitcher? he stayed in a crouch behind the plate and never moved a muscle. Just like a boy scout, And Gander don't you dare tellme don't remember that. What a *****, if I ever saw that guy in public I'd spit on him and call him a *****. He was such a guy the night before what happened when Sheff got plunked? Know what happened? What happened is that Varitek knew that Sheffield would literally rip his arm off of his body and start beating him over the head with it. NOBODY messses with Sheff, not if they wanna live. You can worship that fraudulent tough guiy all you want(Varitek) but hes a nothing and hes sure not a tough guy.

Gander
07-11-2006, 07:54 AM
I sure as heck wouldnt spit on Varitek if I saw him in public. Not unless I felt like going down.

oracle80
07-11-2006, 07:59 AM
I sure as heck wouldnt spit on Varitek if I saw him in public. Not unless I felt like going down.
Coward is what Varitek is. All you would have to do is tell him that you knew Sheff, then he would offer to buy you dinner. YOu don't remember that? Come on Tim, Manny and Ortiz rock but after that incident I have always thought of Varitek as a punk. he hid under the bed like a kid afraid of monsters one night after going after Arod like he was Hulk Hogan. Blah.

SCUDSBROTHER
07-11-2006, 08:50 AM
Oracle,my boys gotta play Tampa starting Friday.I saw the Yanks lost to them on Sunday,and have had trouble in the past with them.They just get "up" for you guys or what?

oracle80
07-11-2006, 08:55 AM
Oracle,my boys gotta play Tampa starting Friday.I saw the Yanks lost to them on Sunday,and have had trouble in the past with them.They just get "up" for you guys or what?
Typical Yankees, they get up to play the big teams and play down to the bad teams level in the first half of the season. This has gone on for 4 years now. The yankees did the same thing last year and actually got swept by Tampa in the first half of the season!!!!! They were almost last into the all star break last year and still won the divison with a brutal schedule. This year they have by far the easiest schedule of any of the 4 top teams in the 2nd half of the year. They have 23 games with Baltimore and Tampa(more than 25% of all teh games they play!!!!!!)and when Cano comes back soon, and then Sheff for a Spetember push, they are gonna be very hard to beat. They also finish the season with like a 7 game homestand, thats huge.

Gander
07-11-2006, 09:03 AM
Yankees at least won the series against Tampa. They blew a 5-0 lead on Sunday and should be within 2 of the Red Sox, instead they lie 3 behind.
Red Sox took 2 of 3 from the White Sox, the same exact team who beat up on them good last postseason. So I dont necessarily buy into the strength of schedule thing. Many of the top teams like the Yankees, Red Sox and White Sox play better against the stronger teams and let their guard down against the cellar dwellers.

Like every year, we are looking at a fantastic AL East battle, great wildcard races and what figures to be another bang up post season. I love baseball!

oracle80
07-11-2006, 09:12 AM
Yankees at least won the series against Tampa. They blew a 5-0 lead on Sunday and should be within 2 of the Red Sox, instead they lie 3 behind.
Red Sox took 2 of 3 from the White Sox, the same exact team who beat up on them good last postseason. So I dont necessarily buy into the strength of schedule thing. Many of the top teams like the Yankees, Red Sox and White Sox play better against the stronger teams and let their guard down against the cellar dwellers.

Like every year, we are looking at a fantastic AL East battle, great wildcard races and what figures to be another bang up post season. I love baseball!
Me too Tim. But schedule does matter in the 2nd half of the season more than the first. In the first half noone is out of the races in the first two months and everyone is playing hard, even the bad teams. Come the 2nd half when the bad teams are clearly out of contention and not playing with as much zest its a different story. The Yanks have 23 games with Tampa and Balitmore and Id be stunned if they won less than 15 of them, most likely more. I think the way they have played without the two big guns and recently without Cano has been very good. Cano is a big guy to them. Hes sterling in the field and hits for average and occasional power. They will be getting him back within a couple of weeks. Thats a huge asset. Sheff's supposedly healing on schedule/ahead of schedule and should be back in early Spetember. I still think that 3rd baseman Duncan that everyone wants who is down in Clombus goes bye bye with a pitcher the Yanks don't want(Farnsworth, Myers, or Proctor) to another team for a picther and hitter. That kid will never see daylight behind Arod anyway. WHy not trade him for some players to help you win now. I think whatever AL team wins the AL wins it all. NL just doesnt impress me. Mets were supposedly so great and look what the Yanks and Boston did to them. The West is a joke and Cards are nowhere near as strong as they were last year.

SCUDSBROTHER
07-11-2006, 05:47 PM
American League West -FINALLY GETTIN' THE ODDS ABOUT WHERE I THOUGHT THEY WOULD BE.

OAK Athletics 4/5

LA Angels 3/1

TEX Rangers 15/4

SEA Mariners 8/1

SCUDSBROTHER
07-18-2006, 11:12 AM
8/1...6/1...11/2...5/1....9/2....7/2...3/1....12/5...19/10

OAK Athletics 6/5

LA Angels 19/10

TEX Rangers 100/30

SEA Mariners 10/1

SCUDSBROTHER
07-19-2006, 05:46 AM
OAK Athletics 5/4

LA Angels 7/4

TEX Rangers 100/30

SEA Mariners 10/1

Gander
07-19-2006, 08:45 AM
Why do the odds have to be this confusing? Why cant they be based on one or two numbers, like horse racing. 5/2 or 3/1.

SCUDSBROTHER
07-19-2006, 09:20 AM
Why do the odds have to be this confusing? Why cant they be based on one or two numbers, like horse racing. 5/2 or 3/1.

It's a way to show small changes in odds.As far as horse odds go,Oakland stayed at 6/5,and the Halos just went from 9/5 to 8/5.

6/5=$2.20 changed to 5/4=$2.25(including the dollar wagered)

19/10=$2.90 changed to 7/4=$2.75

Gander
07-19-2006, 09:25 AM
It just gets really confusing. They should keep it as simple as possible and base all bets off one system of odds, most easiest to understand are win odds in horse racing. No need to make it any more confusing. When will those dummies in Vegas ever learn?

SCUDSBROTHER
07-19-2006, 09:46 AM
It just gets really confusing. They should keep it as simple as possible and base all bets off one system of odds, most easiest to understand are win odds in horse racing. No need to make it any more confusing. When will those dummies in Vegas ever learn?

ACTUALLY,THEY LET YOU DISPLAY IT ANY ONE OF 3 WAYS.I just had it on fractions,but you can do it this way:

OAK Athletics +125

LA Angels +175

TEX Rangers +333

SEA Mariners +1000

OR this way:

OAK Athletics 2.25

L.A. Angels 2.75

TEX Rangers 4.333

SEA Mariners 11.00

GPK
07-22-2006, 07:47 AM
Buddy, your Angels are doing you no favors losing two in a row to the Royals.

Gander
07-22-2006, 08:15 AM
Royals played the Red Sox very tough. The Sox swept em but won 3 games by a total of 4 runs. 2 of the games finished 1-0.

Look for the Royals to make a huge run at the wildcard, LOL!

SCUDSBROTHER
07-22-2006, 11:23 AM
Royals played the Red Sox very tough. The Sox swept em but won 3 games by a total of 4 runs. 2 of the games finished 1-0.

Look for the Royals to make a huge run at the wildcard, LOL!

"Buddy, your Angels are doing you no favors losing two in a row to the Royals."

Hittin' me when I am on the deck huh? O.K., OVER 2 MONTHS TO GO.A team that has had a tough year(and goes on a winning streak,)is never really sure that they won't return to doing the things that hurt them.It's there in the back of their minds,and the 1st bad start from their ace pitcher(their leader)can put that fear and pressure on the next starter,and the pressure is passed on each day to the next starter in line.Three poor starting pitching performances(all caused by Lackey melting in the heat of a day game on Wednesday.)Santana is no leader.Colon is no leader.They were each expected to beat K.C...,but they are not stoppers.I can say the same thing for the offense(they are followers..if the pitchin' is good,they will hit...)Make no mistake,this team begins and ends with one,John Lackey,and they may not win again until he pitches a big game on Monday night.Sure this fat guy for K.C. PITCHED a gem on Friday,but Wednesday and Thursday's opposing pitching was only adequate,and the Angels did what losing teams do..leave men on base etc.Garrett Anderson has hurt this team very badly(If you can ask why this team is only .500 this year, I can tell you that this guy has been a huge lead weight that they are having to drag around.) Cabrera is a good hitter,but is under a great deal of pressure(trying to make up for the dead weight of Anderson.)The last 3 days he has pressed,and started to swing at stuff he wasn't swinging at the previous 2 weeks.Swinging very,very hard too. The team has struggled with bad defense all year(something I believe is somewhat due to their defensive leader-Erstad- being hurt.)Let me ask you,how they won,and why they lost in the playoffs last year? They beat a very good Yankee team how? After a poor performance in game 1,LACKEY GAVE UP 5 HITS AND JUST 2 RUNS IN GAME 2.Randy Johnson gave them game 3.In game 4,Lackey gave up just 2 hits and one run in 5 innings.They lost the game,but their ace(their leader)pitched very well.What happened in game 5? Santana struggled,but never quite gave up,and they took the series.Keep going.Where do you see the collapse?No not in the 1st game against the Chisox,and not in the 2nd game.3 losses to that point.How many runs had they given up in those losses? 4,3,and 2.So,where is the breakdown? Gee lets see.Game 3 against the Chisox.LACKEY goes out in the 1st inning and has nothing:

S Podsednik singled to right. 0 0
T Iguchi sacrificed to third, S Podsednik to second. 0 0
J Dye doubled to deep center, S Podsednik scored. 1 0
P Konerko homered to left center, J Dye scored. 3 0
C Everett grounded out to second. 3 0
A Rowand flied out to right. 3 0
3 Runs, 3 Hits, 0 Errors

The series was over after the leader of the club did this.Why? Santana goes as Lackey leads.In game 4 ,what did he go to the mound and do:

S Podsednik walked. 0 0
T Iguchi hit by pitch, S Podsednik to second. 0 0
J Dye flied out to center, S Podsednik to third, T Iguchi to second. 0 0
P Konerko homered to left center, S Podsednik and T Iguchi scored. 3 0
C Everett flied out to right. 3 0
A Rowand struck out swinging. 3 0
3 Runs, 1 Hits, 0 Errors

In game 5,although Byrd pitched o.k.,the Angel offense had given up way back in game 3(after their leader came to the mound with nothing.)This team will win when Lackey leads,and will lose when he struggles.Biggest game of the year (for them) is Monday Night at Tampa Bay.If Lackey comes out there ready to go,then they have a chance,because they will fight if he fights.They will give up if he doesn't have it.He is their only real leader.There are 3 winners on this team.Lackey,Erstad(hurt,)and KROD.Possibly Young Weaver,but not enough experience yet under pennant chase pressure(to know.)That is it.The others don't lead,and will accept losing.This is how they went from winning 8 in a row,to losing 3 in a row(their leader went to the mound with nothing.)Sure,I would like to see Escobar go out there tonite and pitch well.Same for baby Weaver tomorrow,but I know the game of the year is Monday Night in Tampa Bay.It is all on the line,and Lackey needs to go take that mound,and dominate all night long.That is gunna right this team,and it wont be right until he does it.

SCUDSBROTHER
07-22-2006, 12:51 PM
"Kansas City has won 13 of its last 19 games at Kauffman Stadium."

This doesn't help.Gander did you see this Luke Hudson pitch against your Redsox last Monday? Probably ready to throw the game of his life(like that fatboy did yesterday.)

GPK
07-22-2006, 06:17 PM
Hittin' me when I am on the deck huh?

LOL...I just love to see the passion you show is all. I got no dog in this fight, so I am pulling for you to win the bet.

SCUDSBROTHER
07-22-2006, 06:34 PM
Hittin' me when I am on the deck huh?

LOL...I just love to see the passion you show is all. I got no dog in this fight, so I am pulling for you to win the bet.

I know human psychology pretty well.I know most everybody is gunna hope the Halos don't do it.I am aware of that part.Just the way people are.

SCUDSBROTHER
07-22-2006, 09:28 PM
Wow,they are really struggling.Like I said,the Halos have 3 winners on the team(Lackey,KROD,and ERSTAD.)Just look how happy KROD was tonite to get the W(after putting 2 men on with walks.)That guy is such a champion.They badly need to trade for a bat.They are really being p u s s at the plate.Just not giving the pitchers any cushion.Escobar struggled in the 1st,and then shut them down,but these guys are not getting it done at the plate(for sure they aren't on the road.)Giacomo wins,and the Angels break out of their awful,awful nightmare(I'll take it.)

GPK
07-22-2006, 09:53 PM
Wow,they are really struggling.Like I said,the Halos have 3 winners on the team(Lackey,KROD,and ERSTAD.)Just look how happy KROD was tonite to get the W(after putting 2 men on with walks.)That guy is such a champion.They badly need to trade for a bat.They are really being p u s s at the plate.Just not giving the pitchers any cushion.Escobar struggled in the 1st,and then shut them down,but these guys are not getting it done at the plate(for sure they aren't on the road.)Giacomo wins,and the Angels break out of their awful,awful nightmare(I'll take it.)

and best of all....E-Rod struck out 4 times tonight....:D

SCUDSBROTHER
07-22-2006, 10:19 PM
Kev,what exactly is the reason these guys on K.C. are so desperate to win? My God.They are bustin' they a$$ to try to beat the Halos.The Halos are one game above .500..Where is the feather in the cap?

GPK
07-22-2006, 10:38 PM
Kev,what exactly is the reason these guys on K.C. are so desperate to win? My God.They are bustin' they a$$ to try to beat the Halos.The Halos are one game above .500..Where is the feather in the cap?

Has me a bit bamboozled too Scuds. They have ZILCH to play for. Unless these guys just love playing the game and want to give their home fans a little something to cheer about. Be interesting to find out what the avg. attendance is for a Royal's home game.

GPK
07-22-2006, 10:40 PM
31 games out of first and about 30 games below .500

AMAZING anyone shows up to watch that mess.

SCUDSBROTHER
07-23-2006, 02:22 AM
31 games out of first and about 30 games below .500

AMAZING anyone shows up to watch that mess.

Oh,hey,you wouldn't believe it.They cry bloody murder throughout the stadium on every close strike/ball they don't get their way.I wouldn't believe it if I didn't see it myself.I expected a very quiet stadium in this series,but these people are life n' death to beat the Halos.Buddy Bell got thrown out,and made an incredible scene.He must of called Home Plate Umpire Joe West every bad name he ever learned. Really amazing.You would think it was a huge playoff game.

SCUDSBROTHER
07-23-2006, 02:49 AM
Jeff Weaver found a team so cold that even he could beat them.Hopefully his little brother will try to match him on Sunday.K.C. is a pretty good batting team now though.I don't know how Gander's team shut them out,but maybe they don't do much on the road.

SCUDSBROTHER
07-29-2006, 12:17 AM
LA Angels 53 49 .520..(your new western division leaders)

Oakland 53 50 .515.... -.5

Texas 51 52 .495...- 2.5

Seattle 49 53 .480...- 4

pgardn
07-29-2006, 08:05 PM
Dont matter if you win or lose. You got 6-1 in that division. It was a good bet. Its that simple. What happens from now on is just cake. You saw an opportunity and pounced. Thats how its supposed to be done.

SCUDSBROTHER
07-29-2006, 09:05 PM
Dont matter if you win or lose. You got 6-1 in that division. It was a good bet. Its that simple. What happens from now on is just cake. You saw an opportunity and pounced. Thats how its supposed to be done.

I can cover bet Oakland now(and still make decent money)if I want to.You really need to consider the injuries that can take place.Today's game continues to point out their main problem(middle relief.)They really have Good starters,and KROD.They are in denial about this.If KROD were to go down,then the bet is instantly toast.

SCUDSBROTHER
07-30-2006, 07:09 AM
OAK Athletics 1.3/1

LA Angels 3/2

TEX Rangers 3/1

SEA Mariners 16/1

SCUDSBROTHER
08-03-2006, 11:40 PM
This bet is officially covered.Which means I DON'T LOSE MY ORIGINAL $500(if the Angels fail to win the division.)I will not make,or lose money if the A's ,Rangers or Mariners win the division.If the Angels win it,I make a profit of $1800(instead of the original possible $3000 profit.)This was done because of the Halos middle relief being so poor.If you look at my original post,I was concerned about it,and it continues to be not good enough to win the division.This would be choker Shields,Carrasco,Romero etc.KROD is fantastic,but these guys continue to be crap.I was begging them to trade for middle relief,but they are in denial.They probably aren't now,but it's too late.I didn't want to do this,but I bet them at high enough odds that I would make sure I would not lose my original $500.