PDA

View Full Version : Late Double at Belmont= Free Money

boldruler
07-07-2006, 04:55 PM
It looks like a chalkfest in the last two but the late 4-4 double is about as big of a gimme in the sport. Hopefully it pays $10.

blackthroatedwind
07-07-2006, 04:58 PM
There are 4 or 5 horses making their first turf starts in the last that have well above average breeding for turf....especially for a NY Bred maiden race. I hardly think a proven bad horse like the 4 is anywhere close to a " gimme " in the finale.

I'll take my chances with the 3, 5, 9 and 10.

DerbyCat
07-07-2006, 06:55 PM
It looks like a chalkfest in the last two but the late 4-4 double is about as big of a gimme in the sport. Hopefully it pays $10.

Holy Cow!! You are good!!! Scary good...

$2 Daily Double 4-4 10.00

tycharles01
07-07-2006, 06:58 PM
Bold

Make sure u are on like this TOMMORROW

Nice hit

boldruler
07-07-2006, 08:06 PM
I didn't make that pick my friend's brother gave it to me with the exact words "free money". I had $200 on it, a pretty big bet for me, so no complaints about picking up $1000. He was the guy who told me Showing Up was the easiest money a man could find in his last race.

They love a hennig horse in a maiden at belmont tomorrow too but I am passing on the race because I have to go to a wedding.

Good luck tomorrow.

The pick didn't surprise me so much as how he told me exactly what it would pay. Pretty odd if you ask me.

boldruler
07-07-2006, 08:13 PM
There are 4 or 5 horses making their first turf starts in the last that have well above average breeding for turf....especially for a NY Bred maiden race. I hardly think a proven bad horse like the 4 is anywhere close to a " gimme " in the finale.

I'll take my chances with the 3, 5, 9 and 10.

5 came close but no cigar. The ride by Gomez was a little too comfortable for me, but a win is a win.

tycharles01
07-07-2006, 08:18 PM
So what horse in what race tommorrow???

Might have to put down a little somethin

blackthroatedwind
07-07-2006, 08:21 PM
5 came close but no cigar. The ride by Gomez was a little too comfortable for me, but a win is a win.

The five was obviously best. The winner got a dream trip.

boldruler
07-07-2006, 08:28 PM
The five was obviously best. The winner got a dream trip.

That isn't what the money in my pocket says. The better horse won. The 5 had ever chance to get by him. Doesn't matter anyway, a winner is a winner.

I can't bet tomorrow because I have to go to a wedding but he said to bet it all back on the 4-4 late double again at Belmont. He isn't a numbers player but the #4 was good to me today so I though about it but don't like betting if I can't watch it. He also loves a Hennig horse tomorrow.

boldruler
07-07-2006, 08:31 PM
So what horse in what race tommorrow???

Might have to put down a little somethin

It is Hennig horse that Gomez is riding at Belmont in a maiden race. #6 in the 5th race.

blackthroatedwind
07-07-2006, 08:32 PM
It's an idiotic conversation.

The five had a decent trip, and he certainly had his chance to win, but he also ran a better race than the winner.

Cashing is not all that matters. What matters is analyzing races accurately so as a horseplayer you give yourself the best opportunity to win in the future.

Unless of course you are just waiting for friends to call with short priced horses. I'm not.

blackthroatedwind
07-07-2006, 08:36 PM
It is Hennig horse that Gomez is riding at Belmont in a maiden race. #6 in the 5th race.

That horse is 0-8, with FIVE seconds and two thirds. That means of the eight races, well over half of them were races she could have won, and she has failed every test. She has lost races at 5-2, 3-1, 5-1, 4-1, 3-1 and 4-1. Tomorrow she faces seven first time starters all of whom come from at least reasonably good outfits. She is also very likely to be the favorite.

Any horseplayer not salivating at the opportunity to bet against this horse at a short price has zero chance of ever being successful betting this game.

PSH
07-07-2006, 08:36 PM
Glad you cashed Bold Ruler.

I, too cashed the late double so i was happy Gomez got up.

That said, i thought the best horse was the firster Westside Willy who was repeatedly blocked in the stretch and most likely was an easy winner if he hadn't had the trouble. Glad he did, so we could both cash.

PSH

hoovesupsideyourhead
07-07-2006, 09:20 PM
blackthr.....dont be too botherd by those that are happy in the short run...we all know the big picture and a fool and his money are soon parted...its nice to call a winner and you have had many..ahem ..im sure..you are right about the 5 and im licking my chops to play that 8 back ..but thats another day...hooves..

blackthroatedwind
07-07-2006, 09:35 PM
Not bothered at all....just trying to help any of the misguided who may unwittingly be suckered into betting that horrendous Hennig favorite tomorrow. I couldn't live with myself if I didn't do, at least, my part to give an official warning against poor risk-reward horses.

hoovesupsideyourhead
07-07-2006, 10:20 PM
i hear ya..

tycharles01
07-08-2006, 03:16 PM
Damn Bold

Ask you friend's bro what he got for next week

Nice hit at Belmont in the 5th

Nostradamus
07-08-2006, 07:08 PM
Not bothered at all....just trying to help any of the misguided who may unwittingly be suckered into betting that horrendous Hennig favorite tomorrow. I couldn't live with myself if I didn't do, at least, my part to give an official warning against poor risk-reward horses.

Call me a sucker. :eek: I hope you can still live with yourself.

Nostradamus
07-08-2006, 07:23 PM
Damn Bold

Ask you friend's bro what he got for next week

Nice hit at Belmont in the 5th

I might have another later this week. Do not play doubles with my picks. Straight win bets only. I hope you played Wildcat Betty B straight not just in the double.

Nostradamus
07-08-2006, 07:43 PM
blackthr.....dont be too botherd by those that are happy in the short run...we all know the big picture and a fool and his money are soon parted...its nice to call a winner and you have had many..ahem ..im sure..you are right about the 5 and im licking my chops to play that 8 back ..but thats another day...hooves..

Short run. That is funny. You guys keep betting because I love taking your money.

It amazes me how you are licking your chops to play the 8 back when you don't even know where he will be and against what type of field. Piece of advice for you, you and your money will soon be parted unless you learn how to gamble. A few win bets a week is how to bet, if the bets are available, not waiting for certain horses to run back. That is the dumbest thing I ever heard. How can you like a horse without even knowing the likely pace scenario, which is 99% of gambling.

Nostradamus
07-08-2006, 07:44 PM
I didn't make that pick my friend's brother gave it to me with the exact words "free money". I had $200 on it, a pretty big bet for me, so no complaints about picking up $1000. He was the guy who told me Showing Up was the easiest money a man could find in his last race.

They love a hennig horse in a maiden at belmont tomorrow too but I am passing on the race because I have to go to a wedding.

Good luck tomorrow.

The pick didn't surprise me so much as how he told me exactly what it would pay. Pretty odd if you ask me.

No, Barbaro was the easiest money, you just didn't listen. Klepto Cat (who beat today's winner Endless Virtue) was the second easiest, then Showing Up. :D

blackthroatedwind
07-09-2006, 12:01 AM
More gas.................

Ths guy is absolutely hopeless, and he has no problem making an imbecile out of himself day in day out.

The post about "the 5" was a gem.

The quintessential internet bully strikes again.

Don't forget, Dicksy, I caught your act on another board. You know, the one where you belittled and physically threatened other posters. Your act is so transparent that it is even more laughable here than usual.

Since I am so hopeless I have to wonder why you are sucking up to Steve to appear on his show when I am a regular guest.

ateamstupid
07-09-2006, 03:18 AM
The quintessential internet bully strikes again.

Don't forget, Dicksy, I caught your act on another board. You know, the one where you belittled and physically threatened other posters. Your act is so transparent that it is even more laughable here than usual.

Since I am so hopeless I have to wonder why you are sucking up to Steve to appear on his show when I am a regular guest.

ZING!

I shouldn't be instigating, but still..

oracle80
07-09-2006, 08:17 AM
Anyone who would tout taking 10 dollars on a double that was being completed by a hanging rat who had refused to win as the "best" in the race several times is a complete failure as an analyst. The fact that he eked out a win by a nose after saving all ground while the 5 had a bad trip and the 8 (third place horse) who definitely would have won the race had he not had a worse trip than the Titanic.
Hooves and Blackthroat are completely correct when you have to analyze a race for future betting races and losing out on a miniscule ten dollar double that was won by accident is not a very big tragedy.
And is Nostradamus the same guy who actually thinks that Showing Up is comparable on an ability level to English Channel? Wow, now I have heard everything. English Channel would mulch him so badly as to not even be funny. And will do so if they ever meet. Trying to compare a horse who had a dream trip saving all ground behind a horse who received one of the worst and most bizarre rides in history to a horse who is meeting and more oftenh than beating the very best older horses in a tough division is laughable.
I think we have a case of a couple guys who are excited because they fell that they have an "in" with an owner who is hot right now and are mistaking that for actually having knowledge about the game and handicapping ability.
To be honest with you anyone who touted that DD as free money has destroyed all credibility with me as knowing anything about this game whatsoever. These are the same kinda guys who were betting My Friend Bernie in the early 90's.