PDA

View Full Version : Jpops and Lone star folks

pgardn
07-06-2006, 10:46 PM
Saturdays card looks to be a good one. Very full fields with a bunch of horses I have seen. Looking forward to capping it and looking at replays. If there is no rain lets run em.

pgardn
07-07-2006, 08:25 PM
Some 2 yo stakes races for 125K that offer great opportunity for good prices. Im a gonna watch some replays and get back if any one is interested. These races almost always offer some great prices... they have usually faced each other and some have improved more than others. I love these races from a wagering standpoint. These two yo's will absolutely burn up the track and if I can find a steady tough horse... money.

pgardn
07-07-2006, 09:06 PM
9th race Lone Star. 125K for the baby boys tomorrow

8 Austin Lights... should be a decent price. Horses will be burning each other up. I see this horse hanging out behind the favorites and coming on late. A take at 5-1 or better. I think the horse might be right around this price. M/L says 3-1. I think there are some other horses and coupled entries that take more money.

10th race LOne star 125K for the little girls

M/L 6-1 for #4 Dyna's Diva. Thats a take.

jpops757
07-08-2006, 09:09 AM

8 Austin Lights... should be a decent price. Horses will be burning each other up. I see this horse hanging out behind the favorites and coming on late. A take at 5-1 or better. I think the horse might be right around this price. M/L says 3-1. I think there are some other horses and coupled entries that take more money.

Another Calhoun Assmusen card. If you look a value can be found. I always look hard at any Tom Durant horse even tho his racing fortuns have ebbed since he and Ronny Werner parted ways. Durant had some nice horses but he didnt want to take the better ones to NY and Ky. Touch Tone being one of them that did look nice in NY. I dont think Durant liked Werners exposure to other owners. Looks lke he wanted him all to hiself. Werner has took a limited stable in Ky and has had some nice ones.

pgardn
07-08-2006, 09:40 AM
Another Calhoun Assmusen card. If you look a value can be found. I always look hard at any Tom Durant horse even tho his racing fortuns have ebbed since he and Ronny Werner parted ways. Durant had some nice horses but he didnt want to take the better ones to NY and Ky. Touch Tone being one of them that did look nice in NY. I dont think Durant liked Werners exposure to other owners. Looks lke he wanted him all to hiself. Werner has took a limited stable in Ky and has had some nice ones.

Cody Autrey and Berry combination is huge and often overbet.

Austin Lights I think is thought of as the third best of the four Calhoun horses in that 9th race.

Dyna's Diva loses Berry on board and that will drive money away. I think she is a player in that 10th race. I love these Jock switches. Honestly I seen them switch and get off a horse they have ridden for a "better" horse and the horse they get off wins. The money follows Berry, as it should to a degree. I will be back with more. Thanks for your thoughts.

Oh yes. John Locke now has far too many horses in his stable but watch out for his turf horses that have a number of long slow works. The ones he gets time with on the turf are dangerous. A Durant horse is in that 10th race I will take another look. Thanks.

pgardn
07-08-2006, 11:10 PM

Well Austin Lights got pounded by a superior horse. That Beyer is gonna be mid 90's for a 2 yo. Went a little under 1:04 for 5.5f under pressure but did it with ease. Thought for sure he would die at the pace set. This two year old will see bigger venues than Lone Star next. Problem was Austin tried to go with him. Would not have mattered though.

And a big suprise in the 10th. What I thought would be a 4:5 favorite went off at 3-1. A change in bets and she won going away. My board choice was nowhere to be seen. DEEstroyed but not by money.

Hit 2 chalky pik 3's waiting for my races. So all is well as Lone Star winds up. Any other info you wish to share Jpops bring it. Roman Chapa is riding scared right now. Poor guy has been so beaten up. He needs Retama to get his confidence back.