PDA

View Full Version : just give up

disappearingdan_akaplaya
07-06-2006, 09:33 PM
and give the southside a repeat and the trophy already. thome's grand slam blast to center tonight was incredible

BellamyRd.
07-07-2006, 09:31 AM
and who do you have to thank for that o' Danny Boy
of course Rowand made the catch of the year
but we gave ya'll an a lot of cash & a guy who hits
tons of taters, in the clutch
and you wonder why our GM got the pink slip
but...I wouldn't be thinking 2-peat yet

btw what did you think of Reinsdorf remark
that his Sox title meant more to him
than all 6 Bulls titles together?
Michael Jeffrey Jordan couldn't have taken that
as a complement, nor should Chicago

GPK
07-08-2006, 09:46 PM
and give the southside a repeat and the trophy already. thome's grand slam blast to center tonight was incredible

Johnny boy...I think my Red Sox might have a little something to say about that. They come into YOUR HOUSE and tap that ass two nights in a row:D :D

SCUDSBROTHER
07-08-2006, 09:54 PM
I think the Oakland team has to soon face these 2 teams and Toronto too.Look for the Angels to make a move at the same time.They are starting to hit now.One guy has 5 home runs this week.

SCUDSBROTHER
07-08-2006, 09:57 PM
Kev,how is it you got to taking the Redsox as your team? Richmond got a farm club of theirs?

GPK
07-08-2006, 10:08 PM
Kev,how is it you got to taking the Redsox as your team? Richmond got a farm club of theirs?

Richmond is the Braves AAA team. Norfolk is alot closer, but they are the Mets AAA team. Im not a big NL fan...never have been.

We have never had any kind of major sports franchise in this area ( I dont count the Redskins...I hate them). I grew up a Celtics fan from the early-mid 80's so I naturally took to the Sox at the same time.

oracle80
07-09-2006, 06:14 AM
Shoot Playa those guys stink. be lucky to get wild card. They keep slipping further behind Detroit and the Yankees keep getting closer to them/.
Heres some news Playa, your team stinks, and they throw batting practice out there.

SCUDSBROTHER
07-09-2006, 06:53 AM
Shoot Playa those guys stink. be lucky to get wild card. They keep slipping further behind Detroit and the Yankees keep getting closer to them/.
Heres some news Playa, your team stinks, and they throw batting practice out there.

The World Champions Stink? LOL...Seems like they struggled some in September last year.They were stinking then,but found enough to take that division,and did not stink in the post.I doubt very much that the Chisox will be the odd man out.Actually the most likely scenario is Detroit has a flat,and they are the odd man out.That's my guess.Yanks,Redsox,Chicago all make it,and Detroit struggles in August /September.If it ain't that,then it's the Yanks that watch it at home.

oracle80
07-09-2006, 08:29 AM
The World Champions Stink? LOL...Seems like they struggled some in September last year.They were stinking then,but found enough to take that division,and did not stink in the post.I doubt very much that the Chisox will be the odd man out.Actually the most likely scenario is Detroit has a flat,and they are the odd man out.That's my guess.Yanks,Redsox,Chicago all make it,and Detroit struggles in August /September.If it ain't that,then it's the Yanks that watch it at home.
Tell you what. The Yanks are performing quite admirably for a team missing their star 2nd baseman(who will return after the all star break sometime) and Matsui and Sheff. Matsui is gone for teh year but supposedly Sheff is healing quite nicely and will return for the September push. Yankees get cano back, then Sheff is September and the game is on. Not to mention the fact that they have a third baseman down in Columbus that the whole world wants and who the Yankees know will never see daylight because Arod and his contract are stuck there. They couldnt trade him ever if they wanted to.
A lot of teams are already out of contention this year and quite a few guys are available. I was very down on the Yanks chances about a month ago after the injuries but the way they have played lately is amazing seeing how they are missing those three guys. I don't think they are the team of the 4 you mentioned who are going home this year. I think someone in the Central goes home. Yanks are 3 behind the Red Sox, 5 behind the Chisox, and 8 behind the Tigers. You get back Cano and then Sheff and make a trade or two, and they easily run down one of them, maybe two.

Assttodixie
07-09-2006, 09:38 AM
Tell you what. The Yanks are performing quite admirably for a team missing their star 2nd baseman(who will return after the all star break sometime) and Matsui and Sheff. Matsui is gone for teh year but supposedly Sheff is healing quite nicely and will return for the September push. Yankees get cano back, then Sheff is September and the game is on. Not to mention the fact that they have a third baseman down in Columbus that the whole world wants and who the Yankees know will never see daylight because Arod and his contract are stuck there. They couldnt trade him ever if they wanted to.
A lot of teams are already out of contention this year and quite a few guys are available. I was very down on the Yanks chances about a month ago after the injuries but the way they have played lately is amazing seeing how they are missing those three guys. I don't think they are the team of the 4 you mentioned who are going home this year. I think someone in the Central goes home. Yanks are 3 behind the Red Sox, 5 behind the Chisox, and 8 behind the Tigers. You get back Cano and then Sheff and make a trade or two, and they easily run down one of them, maybe two.

Agreed- the yanks are playing extremely admirably considering the losses that they have incurred. One positive offshoot to the injuries is that a kid like Melky Cabrerra can come in and show that he is a viable major league player.

Offensively, the yankees will be fine even with the losses of sheff and matsui simply because they are just too loaded everywhere else.

The problem that the yanks face is pitching and it looks to be a dire situation from where i sit. Did you see how many innings Mussina pitched in the first half of the year? And what do they have beyond that? Wang is good but do you really trust him starting game two or even three of a playoff serious? Johnson has good outings spread out sporadically but can you depend on him? Jarrett Wright??? Chacon is ready for the glue factory yet again. Will the guy they got from the Marlins for 9 million per ever show up?

Im a Yankee fan and have been for my entire life. I earned my stripes during the late eighties when the best thing we had pitching was Righetti and maybe Steve Trout. This Yankee team is good but far from a contender for the whole enchilada. Pitching will ultimately be their undoing.

I have a question for other yank fans. When does Cashman start getting the blame for some of these moves? The teams that won in the lates 90's were created by Stick Michael. Cashman was just the caretaker for the end of the run. What does Cashman do "well" besides add payroll?

SCUDSBROTHER
07-09-2006, 11:35 AM

Don't know if you can buy a playoff spot this year.Chicago,and Boston are very solid.Like a lot of people,I don't know much about the Detroit team.Other than the coach,and Pug,do they have much experience on the team(as far as avoiding a choke in the 2nd half?)I really think they might collapse,and the Yanks will get in that way.)

disappearingdan_akaplaya
07-11-2006, 02:25 PM

LMFAO WOW MIKE, even if i disagree with your posts about horseracing they seem thought out, this 1 is completely idiotic

Gander
07-11-2006, 03:12 PM
I like it like this:

AL East- Boston
AL Central- Chicago
AL West- Oakland
Wildcard- Detroit

NL East- NY
NL Central- Houston
NL West- San Diego
Wildcard- St. Louis